Let's start with 1998

80's for PC Gaming
Late 90's and Early 2000's for Consoles
Early 90's for Arcades
Early 2000's for Mobile

get out todd we know it's you

That's good but it's no 2005.

THE YEARS BEFORE THE JEWS INFECTED THE INDUSTRY

Real Todd would bring up Future Shock all the time.

you forgot xenogears you fucking casual

Really, every year from 1991 to 2001 had at least a few games that I'd say are some of the best ever made. 2002 and 2003 were kind of weak, 2004 and 2005 were very strong, and every year after that was weaker than the last.

At least I have my nostalgia, emulator, and Perfect Works.

MY FUCKIN' NIGGA

Ya fucked up sonny.

The Jews have always been in the industry. They were really influential in the early development of video games, early 80's and such.

98-2007

before that there was too much childish shit

after that every game was casual and dumb as fuck

I don't see any downsides.

In consoles maybe.

year of the GREAT FUCKING SEQUELS

The 90s were the undisputed Golden Age of gaming.

/thread

Starcraft, CS 1.6, HL, baulders gate, Thief, the list goes on came out then, although that was the time morrowind also came out as a console game and sent TES rolling on its hill downwards.

Shit, roller coaster tycoon and all the spin off games to. What the hell did the 80s have besides a bunch of shitty point + click adventure games? Doom didn't even come out till early 90s.

Everytime I think I said enough I think of another reason why this is wrong. Arcades where in a golden age from the 70s to the 80s. I assume they where killed off when the NES came out.

Anything pre 2001
Everything I hate about video games started that year, and everything I like about video games was already a thing before that year.

I've said a thousand times on here and I'll say it a again. Jurassic Park Genesis is a fundamentally broken game. There is literally no way to make a park that will survive forever. Every park will eventually fail after you get Dr. Grant to excavate all the dinosaur bones from every region.

You sure you don't mean 7th gen? AFAIK the furthest the PS2 and Xbox went was "you can watch DVDs on it".

Jedi Knight II has bland level designs. Splinter Cell 1 has aged like milk.

I like it for the elaborate dinosaur AI and behaviors, great animations, great sound design, modability, freedom to fuck everything up, and site B though. It's just a really comfy, immersive, aesthetically pleasing game that shouldn't only be viewed from a gameplay standpoint. It makes me feel like I have my own living breathing dinosaur pets in electric cages where everyone can see. Also, building the Safari is just simply absolute fun.

It's the best sim game I've ever played.

PS2 created that trend.

And storing music. The 6th gen was great but it definitely laid the foundation that was the dark age of the 7th gen.

If I want a Jedi combat sim, I'll play Jedi Academy. And while I love Chaos Theory, SC1 is just not fun to go back to. For 2002, it was a revolutionary stealth game, but there's no denying it's aged.

SC1 just requires different gameplay. In Chaos Theory you have a sound meter, one button takedowns and such while in the original combat was really a bad idea (half due to low ammo and half due to weapons not being accurate) and most of the time you just absolutely had to move in the darkness at the slowest speed.

In the original game you feel like one dude in a stealth suit where you have to rely on darkness, sound and the few gadgets you have. In CT you can run and gun it as James B-I mean Sam Fisher, international stealth badass.

It has animation issues, shit combos, and other issues that makes the saber combat somehow less satisfying. Talking about level design, Jedi Academy is even so much more sloppy.

And Rosh.

what dis guy says

SC1 was just tedious.

It was the last of the first 3 SC games I played, and I went in looking forward to it but ended up forcing myself through it. All the encounters felt like you basically had 1-2 paths to take. It felt more like a thinly veiled puzzle game than sneaking around which doesn't make a good stealth game despite what extra credits says. The game really shat itself on the level where you are in japan or china or whatever and have to rescue hostages. With shit like having to fight 3 waves of enemies who just rush their way to the hostages and you instantly lose the second they step in the room. They give you AI turrets that literally do nothing because the enemies will just tank the shots.

I played Oneechanbara Z2 Chaos, liked it so decided to try the PS2 versions and I don't know if I can handle the first one, really slow and feels like I'm just tickling everything.

my first console was intellivision and I just played shitty ports of the arcade games I sort of liked

the next 3 decades brought many generations but the one constant was that there were very few games I liked enough or thought great or classic that I could go back and play them again and again.
There are so few so I'll list them and figure my best years.

Arcade: Burgertime, Mr.do
Intellivision– nothing memorable
NES-: DQs, Athena, Karnov Milos Secret Castle (arcade ports maybe)
Arcade: Bubble Bobble, Gyrus
SNES: ChronoTrigger, Shadowrun, FFs
PC: Diablo1
PS1: Saga Frontier, King's Fields, Personas, RE1, Parasite Eve1
Xbox: Morrowind
PS2: SMTs, GTAs Deus Ex, Culdcept, Kings Field AC
PS3: Demons/ Dark Souls, Parts of Fallout 3/NV
PS4: Haven't played Bloodborne but I did replay Metro 2033 on it.

Hindsight, I guess 1997-2003 were my best years. I just built a PC so I could play the PC games I missed when I had a toaster or cheap laptop. Last truly great game for me was Demons Soul, Dark Souls close behind and then basically nothing grabbed despite playing most considered decent games.

Still hopeful for the future, because the alternative isn't a good place to be. But I stopped buying games until they go under ten dollars and are the final version of the product. Main problem I see is the writing and planned continuous cost to have the entire game as it should be.

I feel bad for kids growing up today.

What? They've always taken down the entire room of grunts when I play, the leader in the red shirt (Gurkinenze?) is the only one that hangs back.

Pc gaming was merely a meme before 3D cards

And after that and now it's just a shit meme.

Drop off

SC was one of my childhood games. 3 was my introduction to the series, and at the time I didn't know how many games there where and just wanted to play more so I got Pandora Tomorrow. I didn't play 1 until way later when I had a job and bought it.

I heard the difficulty was different between systems. I was playing it on the original xbox on the hardest difficulty. If the guards weren't shooting at you they would just rush to the end and where able to run past the turrets completely.

Arcades had their golden age during the early 80s yes, but the NES didn't kill them any more than Atari or older home consoles or computers did. Arcades had the benefit of being able to effectively have better tech than could feasibly be afforded at home. The brass ring of any port was being "arcade perfect", which was a dream few could accurate replicate. Even in the early 80s, arcades were doing things to make it an experience. mid-late 80s was filled with plenty of challenging platformers, racers, beatemups, shootemups, and more, leading to a huge surge with fighting games in the early 90s that lasted for years until it slowly died out close to the end of the millennium. The last big surge was rhythm games in the early 2000s due to DDR mania. Either way, arcades kept a value by, much like movies after TVs hit stores, was have something you couldn't do at home (for cheap, that is). The major problem being that arcade games can only do so much in the brief time period allowed, and with people looking for longer staying power, longer games, and difficulty to draw out more quarters, arcades dwindled.

You're the same dumbass that said PCs had their golden age in the 80s

You're right, saying killed off wasn't the correct term. What I meant is they where sort of de-throned as being the primary way to play games.

I'll add to this that TV's were still a luxury and most people in the 80's were using their TV from the 70's or earlier. The arcade was alien and futuristic.

SMB for the NES was the first game where I thought this looks nearly as good as the arcade and that was good enough and many quarters were saved.

This is a anonymous imageboard, why are you using IDs as names?

In the 80s, PC Gaming was the show for complex games you would never find on arcades, even some shovelware titles felt like they had hours of gameplay.

Consoles are dead kid

Could throw NA getting in 1998, Pokemon Red & Blue in there or does it not count for it Japanese 1996 release?

Also got Ocarina of Time, Banjo-Kazooie, F-Zero X.

You mean hours of figuring out what the you're suppose to do because of illogical puzzles, items that are 1 pixel big, and random bullshit like missing some obscure item in the first few levels makes it impossible to progress when you get 4 hours further. Really the golden age of PC gameplay. Especially considering it was eclipsed by arcades.

kek kill yourself console nigger.

you have no idea how clueless you are kiddo, i had a PC back then

No need to lie about your age cucksole kiddy

1987 saw the release of

Zelda
Contra
Final Fantasy
Double Dragon
Metal Gear
Castlevania
Megaman

Also Nintendo begins including the Super Mario Bros. video game cartridge with the Nintendo Entertainment System in the US.

[year where my favorite games were published]

'95 to '05 was better

nice meme

1995~2007

2008 was when games and internet went downhill.

2004 and 2005 were pretty great.

I feel like this as well
Somewhere around 2008 the DLC shit and DRM faggotry started and afterwards it just went very fast downwards. Steam / Valve was one of the fags who helped push this faggotry in the early days before SANY implemented it was well

Tomb Raider has ALWAYS been trash. Nostalgiafaggots everywhere. The first Crash is shit but 2 and 3 are great.

The first 3 Sonic games are some of the BEST examples of game design you can find. There's so much you can pick apart and teach from a game that seems simple upon looking at it.

the first crash is perfectly fine what are you saying? what is wrong with it other than maybe the latter games improving upon it? it is still a great game

It didn't know what it wanted to be and ended up being a clusterfuck.

No need to be butt blasted about having shit taste.

wew

Fuck off faggot, your kind of worthless shitposting is the reason halfchan went to shit.

PC:
wizard era: 1992 - 1996
golden: 1998 - 2002
graphical renaissance: 2004 - 2011
death of gameplay: 2007
decay of industry: 2011

I was probably playing Zork before your father was born. Fuck.

we can only hope. the only certainty is that, by some unknowable force, everything that could possibly be shit ever points to the year 2007.

Look at it this way

>2016, Pokemon GO releases, tons of news about it and normalfag activity

If your evidence for this is pokemon and a mobile game then you're going to be disappointed.

2017 will have Trump taking power following clickbait rags either already going out of business or are in the process of losing revenue & relevance.