Pokémon go

Just so there's a consensus here…

There's three kinds of Pokémon Go players out there.

Ash Ketchums-

These are probably the most flagrantly autistic people alive. They are almost always either unemployed neets or socially awkward man children that run around outside with their arms behind themselves like sonic. They usually range from DarkSidePhil to chris chan in their autism levels and are often very degenerate. These are the same losers who play the Nintendo DS in public. They are almost assuredly kissless virgins.

These players almost exclusively play on foot or on bike either because they lack a car or want the "true" pokémon experience. Occasionally you'll find some /fit/ normalfags who play for "dat cardio" but they're definitely the outliers.

Gary Oaks-

This category is where semi-autistic too cool for school players typically fall into. They play almost exclusively behind the wheel of their car while only leaving to interact with pokémarts and special event areas. You will see these assholes driving very slowly around parking lots or rural backroads as this is truly the only safe way to play as Gary Oak. Dumber Gary oaks who don't understand basic traffic laws will end up getting in wrecks on highways and busy intersections killing themselves and others. A nice way to inject some Darwin's evolution theory in with your pokémon.

While these players are no Ash Ketchums they are indeed autistic and while they may be slightly less socially awkward they're definitely weirdos for sure. The thing that separates most normalfags who play this way from Gary Oaks is that Gary Oaks get genuinely excited about the game and actively try to get better and out pace other Garys and assorted Ashes. In their own way they're more pitiful than Ashes but at least they're marginally less autistic.

Finally…

The MissingNo.s

Dirty cheaters all around. Basically, these are any players that use hacks or glitches to teleport to the congo to catch that elusive Mew or Articuno type pokémon. Almost assuredly the obese manchild type. normalfags will use hacks as well but as previously mentioned they're just having fun and don't particularly care about the game. Missingnos at illegitimately trying to out play others. Rest assured if you're over the age of 14 and you're playing this game you have some autism but Missingnos are truly sad and pathetic individuals a whole different level.

They are literally cheating at a child's game. These people are complete sociopaths. Think Tomoko Kuroki from Watamote except worse.

Also I guess this is the general if you Holla Forumsirgins want to talk about your pokémans here.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niantic,_Inc.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hanke
lesswrong.com/lw/c1/wellkept_gardens_die_by_pacifism/
please
archive.is/j8EXl
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I was never a fan of Pokémon, but holy shit, I never knew it would get this autistic. This game spells pure regression for video games. This is not the fucking direction it was meant to go.

You could have stopped this from happening user.

what do you even do in this app besides catch the pokemon? My friend says you can't battle anyone, and evolving the pokemon requires some microtransation bullshit. What's the point?

Could have killed the Japs

Fucking Pokemon GO? You for real? That shit's for kids just like every Nintendo game.

Well…yeah.

There is only 1 kind of pokemon go player

The Sucker-

Fell for the hype and downloaded a shitty half-assed app to become a data product to be sold to the highest bidder for a month and a half before it is forgotten and ultimately uninstalled.

You don't understand. This isn't your average every day autism. ==This is advanced autism.==

It doesn't matter if we know it's a poorly done cash grab. Those playing to win don't care if they're fighting in shit, they just want to be on top of the shit pile.

Pokemon go is a really good exercise motivator

What pokemon have you found

Theres three types of Pokemon players:
-The normalfags
-The chilren
-The autistic
OP and everyone here who plays this shit is all of the above.

You should always prepare for the worst

Your mother

Play a bit more, that pokemon is too common.

you dont belong here

You forgot the pedophiles.

Nothing really interesting yet besides a second bulbasaur

What did you expect?

The only reason that this shit is still alive is only because Nintendo is good at marketing and managing it, not because its good.

Digimon was good at one point, but had shit marketing and abysmal management.

Atleast people are getting outside, right?
I expect the obesity rate to drop drastically.

Tomoko is shit.

You know I actually put effort into getting fit because I wanted to respect myself more. I worked out and biked and ran with nothing to entertain me because I wanted to be fit. Now all these assholes are gonna get slim without even realizing it, as a fucking symptom of being addicted to a data collecting freemium game engineered by jews? Fuck them. They should have to suffer too.

It's only a matter time for the kidnaps and rapes to happen.

Fuck, I bet it can even be used by predators just to stalk and follow people. Especially with all these recent happening with blacks going apeshit they'll have more targets to rape.

you both still don't understand but since we are on this why don't show us a good example of good waifu

You sound pretty triggered tbqh
you're joking, right?

I know Tae Kwon Do, I'll put them in the fucking ground :3

Thats just an excuse gor stupid people to play a stupid shitty game

Show me your boipucci

WHAT'S THE POINT IF I CAN'T AUTISTICALLY CHALLENGE TEN YEAR OLDS TO POKEMON BATTLES?

I'm not. I chose a healthier lifestyle despite hating every change I had to make to acquire it, and these mindless assholes are just getting tricked into walking more with the same psychological tricks that kept people addicted to COD for a decade.

I walked 3&1/2 miles today.
That's more than I ever walk in a weak

So ive heard zapdos is at chernobl and moltres is near an active volcano is this true?

That wont get you /fit/ you dumb faggot

Trips

Just so there's a consensus here…

There's three kinds of Pokémon Go players out there.

Normalfags
Autists
Faggots

My dick is diamonds.

It'll still increase my health
And I also only got to do half of the adventuring I actually wanted to do because it started raining.
I would have probably walked 10 miles tbqh.

You sound like an asshole yourself, my man
Besides, now maybe this could be a new era of health for the whole globe

Shit waifu

I haven't been paying much attention to this shit, but does Pokemon GO require you to actually have your phone out looking for pokemon or does it just vibrate or some shit when one is near?

This.

Fag detected.

Is Tae Kwon Do even a useful fighting style? I mean will it even do anything in an actual street fight? I though it's all for show and to stay fit, I doubt I've seen MMA fighters even use Tae Kwon Do

Revy has taken miles of cock.

can you even battle people or level your pokemon?

I have no clue what to do with this game, but there are two gyms right next to where I work, so I guess that's nice.

ehh…it needs a vibrate mode. Supposedly you can get the pokéwatch to remedy this but I don't even know if that's a thing.

That's the macro view for everyone. I'm thinking about a more microcosm of our chan culture. I'll acknowledge the normalfags but they're not the topic of discussion for this thread.

ehhh someone who's actually done the "battle" system should probably explain. It's certainly not your traditional pokémon experience to be sure. It's more about the hunt rather than the battle.

>translation: it's shit

oh ok thanks

Is he making fun of Holla Forums?

Y-you too

I just want a Pokemon Amie-styled game with actual content.
I just wanna spend an hour or two petting, feeding, and playing fetch with my Arcanine.

Okay, here is what you'll do:

I have a great idea for a pokemon game

VR
Pokemon dating game
POV pokefucking

I'm a millionaire now thanks to furfags and autists.

this post is the most autistic of all

You can battle gym leaders' pokémans and wave your dick around the whole neighborhood. You can even post your pokémon up after beating the leader.

I'm working on my raticate named Juden at the moment.

I named my growlithe hotdog

I named my Ekans Benis

WOW
IT'S FUCKING NOTHING

Is there anything above Apex kek?

I named my dog Growlithe.

It's beautiful.

I don't even play pokemon nor mobile shit but god damn I wouldn't even want to look at the fat guy with the NDS on the bus let alone pretend I know who he is or what his life is like.

And the biggest retard goes to you.

ITT Fat virgins who never go outside and PC neckbeards

Homo or Beta to the max

here's the reality:

anyone who plays pokemon is an autistic fuck like chris chan, maybe even worse than chris chan.

the only non-autistic thing you can do with pokemon is masturbating to them

If I was gay I still wouldn't be as much of a faggot as you.

Come on nigger.

You ain't even baited the hook

Triggered

That's the way I felt as well.

That's pretty fucking autistic. Blaze on you magnificent bastard.

wew lad wew

Should I have put up a warning first for you?

Those are both fake onion-style articles

No, I'm just a normal fag mobile poster.

I figured as much, but could you please leave? This really isn't the website for you.

Truth is stranger than fiction. I'm willing to bet someone has fucked up whether it has been reported or not.

You don't get a loading screen like this unless somebody in the alpha goof'd hard.

I've been on Holla Forums since the Exodus. I don't plan on leaving.

My mom was talking about this after seeing it on the news about how silly it was.

I jokingly I told her "Its japan getting revenge on the west for Hiroshima and Nagasaki"

Well that's honestly a shame. Your presence here contributes to making the board and website as a whole shittier and lower quality. Do you get some sort of pleasure out of that?

Are you just upset because I have friends and you ( probably ) don't?

Not like you make it any better with your shitposting :^)

Enjoy your meaningless ignorant life

Why would I be upset that I'm not a normalfag like you?

Quality post yourself, friend :^)

Alright, here we go. Major autism time.

The world is a safari zone in which trainers don't battle and you don't fight wild Pokemon, you just throw balls at them in a minigame.

There are three factors to successfully catching a Pokemon:
The Pokemon's species. Just like in the games, different species have different catch rates.
The Pokemon's "CP," which most people call its level. This is nothing like ingame levels; it can vary from 10 to over a thousand and ranks the Pokemon's strength in battle. Higher CP = tougher to catch.
A minigame of correctly timing your throw of the Pokeball.
Pokemon also have a random chance to run away after breaking out of a ball.

Catching Pokemon rewards XP, Stardust, and Candy.
XP is pretty self-explanatory. Leveling up as a trainer allows you to find stronger Pokemon in the wild and buff your owned Pokemon to higher levels. You get progressively nicer bursts of items as you level up, and it lets you get more loot from Pokemon.
Stardust is universal and applies equally to all Pokemon, and it's used in combination with species-specific candy to buff up Pokemon you've caught, increasing their level.
Candy is species-specific, and you get it for catching specific Pokemon (i.e. catch a Growlithe, receive three Growlithe candy). You use one candy in addition to stardust to buff your Pokemon. Candy is also used to evolve Pokemon, and those candy costs are pretty varied. It takes 12 to evolve Caterpie into Metapod. It takes 25 to evolve Pidgey into Pidgeotto, and 50 for Pidgeotto into Pidgeot. It takes 100 to evolve Kadabra into Alakazam. 400 to evolve Magikarp into Gyarados. Evolving your Pokemon applies a pretty big boost to its CP, usually doubling it plus or minus a couple dozen.

So, why do you want strong Pokemon with high CP if there's no battling? There IS battling, but it's nothing like real Pokemon. Gyms are scattered throughout areas, usually located at points of interest like college campuses, parks, major plazas, et cetera. Once you reach level 5, you join one of three gangs teams. Each gym is controlled by one gang. You can donate strong Pokemon and train to level up gyms owned by your gang. At gyms owned by other gangs, you and friends can work together to overpower the opponent's Pokemon and take the gym for your gang. Higher CP = higher HP and damage in these battles.

The battles themselves feel like combat in a Bethesda game. You do a spammy basic attack by tapping the opposing Pokemon, or a stronger attack that builds up over time by holding down on the screen. There's a shitty, inconsistent dodging mechanic for evading the gym Pokemon's attacks that you use by swiping your finger to the side.

You do NOT fight any humans directly.
The ONLY battling is at gyms, and the Pokemon at gyms are controlled by a shitty bot.

That's pretty much it regarding catching, "training," and battling Pokemon. I hope my autism helped.

LETS ALL JUST GET ALONG AND PLAY SOME PKMN GO OKAY??!?!

:^)

I do user.

Because I don't sit in a pile of my own filth on a computer all day and having to dream about having a happy life. Which you probably do.

Damn edgelord, how many x's do you have before and after your Sephiroth name in game?

Damn, that projection.

Who are you quoting?

I'm just saying all of that from my experiences with basement dwellers and neckbeards in the past.

And I know that Holla Forums is almost all of those types of people.

3 questions
1. have you caught anything good/whats is there cool to catch?
2.how grindy is this game and do you feel its worth it too show off bascily?
3. what gangs are there and have anyone gang wars happened yet?

i used to be a big pokemon fag so thats why i am interested

C-can you show me your muscular abs Mr.Chad??

I never said I was upset.
Stop projecting and go gas yourself, my man.

Right after you, normalfag.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niantic,_Inc.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hanke

Enjoy being a surviellence drone for Google m8s

I can answer these to some extent.
The original 151 pokemon are obtainable at this point in time. Although I think legendaries will be event-only. The rarity of each pokemon isn't too far off from their rarity in the games, for the most part.

The game is split up into 3 teams. No actual gang wars have occurred to the best of my knowledge.

It was real in my mind.

I'm not muscular really, I wish I was tbh.

Fuck out of here

The only thing that's real is how cancerous you normalfags are to this website.

all i want is for people to have gang wars by just battling pokemon

Would be natural selection at its finest

The game is pathetically lacking for content but it's still plenty compelling. Not really worthwhile until at least trading is in, but it'll be nice to have a head start. Taking walks is better than just masturbating all day, I guess.
You don't look like an asshole as long as you put it on battery saving mode so you can leave it in your pocket and turn off AR when you're catching shit. Which both also help fight the fact that this pulls an absurd amount of power from your battery.

Man, I bet if I put you up against a white wall I'd be able to see your whole life story tbqh.

No you are an edge lord becuase you said "Enjoy your meaningless ignorant life"
Nigga that's edgy as fuck

What the fuck are you even trying to say? I don't speak normalfag.

I can understand the butthurt over the technical issues with the game, the hype, and the fanbase, but surely Holla Forums isn't sour and autistic enough to not at least agree that this is a really neat concept for a video game that maybe could be executed better?

Haven't played the game tbh

Come on man, this is par for the course.

I don't think anyone can reasonably expect there not to be shitposting all over threads in this age. Hell, I'm shitposting and this is my own thread.

It's not like the Mods care, shit, they're shitposting too.

like anyone has any reasonable expectation of privacy. If you own a cell phone newer than 2012 or so you're already broadcasting more than you know.

He's saying you have accomplished nothing and are just a husk.

why yes hello i am in the thread it is i hello

why are you fighting is it because you are gay
you were owned

by me
bitch

Oh, ok. Typical normalfag stuff then.

I'm saying you're literally a projector

He's not lying, get off your ass and do something with your life

1:
I'm pretty sure available Pokemon depend on where you are. Some stuff is ubiquitous like Pidgey and Rattata. Where I live, there are Rhyhorn that I'm pretty sure are a bit less common.
Not gonna lie, it's pretty grindy. For instance, if you catch a high-level Pidgey and want to evolve it into a Pidgeot, you'll need 75 Pidgey candy (25 for Pidgeotto and 50 for Pidgeot). That's catching around 19 Pidgeys at 4 candy per Pidgey (3 for the capture, 1 for transferring to the professor, which releases the Pokemon but gives an extra candy). It's pretty enjoyable. Spend a day hanging around with friends, walking/biking/driving, catching Pokemon as you go.
I was being facetious in saying "gangs," but they do compete for control of gyms and you can even see certain areas being ruled by a certain gang. There have been no real life gang wars over Pokemon, but it would be hilarious and it doesn't seem impossible.

Aren't the main criteria for being a normalfag having social skills and friends? The status doesn't really come with downsides. You can be intelligent and still a normalfag. You can have good taste in video games and still be a normalfag.
I can't think of a reason not to be a normalfag. You're literally asking "Why would I be upset that I don't have social skills?" There's no damn downside to it.

All neckbeard basement-dwellers may browse Holla Forums, but not all Holla Forums users are neckbeard basement-dwellers.

And you're a fucking degenerate if you don't do things with your life.

I love this word, its the best way to spot a summerfag

Is this a raid?

I just almost shit myself.
There's a massive field behind my house and the a road in the backwoods, dude was in the middle of the woods with a fleshlight.

and a whole load of other stupid shit.

This isn't pokemon.

Did you offer him a hand?

Go raid yourself back to cuckchan.

Nice digits.

And yea, I know. Just pointing out user should stop being such a pathetic human bean.

No, you are just beyond saving apparently.

How old are you?

Holy autism

Fuck
*flashlight

No.
I'm just wondering what reasons there are not to be a normalfag. It means nothing but having friends and social skills, and I can't think of a reason not to have those things.

So did reddit or halfchan go down? Did 8ch get in the news and that's why you just got here?

Nobody likes useless people, not even people on an anonymous image board.

The question is did /r9k/ go down?

There are plenty of reasons.

You'll be happier, live longer and probably not hang yourself when you realize there is no hope for you once reality sets in at 30 and you are still stuck as you where in high school

No, useless people/NEETS who do nothing but can are the worse.

Is this a legit internet fight? I hope it's just a gaggle of faggots shit talking one another.

If you're shitposting you need to up your game. It's not doing anything for me.

I'll start posting some chemo for this thread in the mean time.

What's so appealing about 8ch to normalfags? Why did you come here?

/r9k/ might as well be a reddit board

It's always been reddit trying to get into the imageboard "culture" so they can bastardize it and take it back with them for upvotes and recognition. What a normalfag craves.

hello cwc

Do you not do things, user?

I'm baiting this ravioli fagioli, but he's not smart enough to figure it out.

Seems like it. They want us to be like them and can't stand that we aren't so they seem to be raiding in order to change something.

You're not wrong, but it's an enjoyable collect-a-thon of sorts. And to be fair, evolving Drowzee to Hypno takes only 13 Drowzees. Not 50.

I asked a simple question. You don't seem capable of producing an answer.

kek

You're saying that I'll be happier and live longer if i have no friends and no social skills? And it will somehow make it easier to take if I end up a failure? You do realize that having social skills makes you much less likely to be a failure?

Of course not, if i did then i wouldn't be a worthless neet.

Yes, we should all be divorced bitter faggots who wasted the prime of our lifes on only booze, sex and clubbing to shitty music instead of actually learning something outside designated school education and are now forced to pay alimony, half their paycheck to a kid they see 2 days a week until they retire, start missing their job due to their lack of hobby while nostalgiafagging about the experiences they can no longer enjoy like duckface selfies and Shillaries election before going all alone to a home, dry ejaculating to the VR porn provided daily and killing himself thanks to legalized euthanasia.
Yes, grand

God you are hopeless I hope you are never actually discovered as a lolcow because honestly you may not be able to take it

Getting social skills is not hard user.

Perhaps. Still, little chemo never hurt anyone.

Pretty shit raid if that's all they had.

Just checked. It says 50 Drowzee candy.

Literally can't handle being told he's a useless fuck.

What a special snowflake.

That middle pic.

Hope he at least listens

Yep

Never said they dont, but what was said was super edgy

I like the way you think.

Is this actually the mental image you have of everyone who has friends?

I know. I have decent social skills. My whole point was asking that other user why he wouldn't want to be a normalfag. Maybe I read your post wrong, but I was under the impression that you were telling me there were plenty of reasons NOT to be a normalfag.

Catching a Pokemon provides three of its candy. Transferring to the Professor releases it and gives you a bonus. Catch a Drowzee, get 3 candy. Catch 12 more Drowzees and release them all, getting 4 candy each in total. 13 Drowzees make 51 candy. There's your Hypno.

There's something cathartic about seeing robots sperging about normalfags. It's truly amazing how quickly the thread devolved into panicked shitposting the moment someone talked about how normal they are.

Any Ingress players here who are used to how Niantic operates? When do you expect to see trading/gen 2 stuff?

Fuck me, it's like I'm fighting SJWs on Twitter all over again.
Put me on the filter, coach. I'm ready.

No user you can live your life how you choose I was trying to tell you the upsides to it.

When the fuck did this come out? In the last 2 hours it's suddenly everywhere.

user if you're gonna shit up the thread you need to step it up

Are you fucking with me? I HAVE social skills and I understand the upsides to being a normalfag. I was asking the user if he knew any downsides, since he seemed happy to not be one and I didn't understand why.

I haven't been able to play this shit for days now, fuck

Yeah, I guess.
Looks like he left

Hotwheels gave us filters for when the mods won't do anything about the cancerposting

You just come off as a bit of a faggot, not a thread derailing normalfag who actively lowers the quality of the board.

Oh, shit dude sorry I'm having some drinks right now.

And no there are no downsides.

I don't filter unless it's specifically needed(IE Tripfags) But I do have some for thought and believe you should all read this. I'd saying that I believe normafags should be ban in site because you'll cry censorship and hugbox and what not but I have a good reason to believe this.

lesswrong.com/lw/c1/wellkept_gardens_die_by_pacifism/

At least three of the images he used the Nip poster has used before.

Filthy frank lives in new york

What kind of people have you been in contact with? holy shit.

should i continue??

You expect me to READ?!

I thought he was studying abroad in Japan. When did he move back to the US?

Mistyped it.

What I meant to say is that "I believe normafags should be banned in sight, but they'll cry censorship."

English is not my first language

No clue, but he's been in a ton of H3h3 videos, so I suppose he's in NY

Everyone except the normalfags themselves think the same. Holla Forums has gone to shit thanks to Mark going against everything in that article you posted.

Same with me I've needed exercise forever but running has always been to boring. The game gives me something to do. Besides do you even begin to know how ridiculously lucrative this game could be for Nintendo? Companies and restraints could pay to be poke spots and gyms not to mention micro transactions

Sure thing nigger
Next youll tell me that being smart and cynical enough to see trough peer preassure and corporate "professionalism" is autistic.

Having friends and social interactions boost your ego,/self esteem keep you mentally sane and make you share and learn info/ideas.

You can learn from a normalfag just as much as a normalfag can learn from you if you're subtle enough.
Having friends doesnt make you an emotional/instinct heavy/pack mentality retard, just more often than not those people are pushed away or were not conditioned/lack the biology to interact socially.

You seriously need to kill yourself either it you're baiting or serious.
You're a detriment to this board either way.

I just wanted to weed out any limp dick normalfags.

Still, faggots arguing over pointless shit is fine, but they could at least make it entertaining.

It's more like saying "I'm a woman" It's like you're being an attention whore. No one cares. I'm actually pretty normalfag myself. I have a job, a car, girlfriend, all that cool stuff.

To fit in here I play the part of a neckbearded faggot because that's what the culture here is. It's like going into Afghanistan and fagging it up with milo. You're asking to get tossed off a roof.

It's okay to talk shit about neckbeards and other assorted autists as you must be somewhat autistic to be posting here, but if you want to spread normalfagculture you need to go to /fit/ or some other less degenerate board. Otherwise it's like taking a giant shit on the dinner table. 'Just not kosher.

OY VEY!

Everyone left on this board is a normalfag. If you weren't then you would have left long ago.

where did they all go then back to halfchan??

Holla Forums would be a much better place without degenerates like you. You complain about normalfags, but you are just the other side of degeneracy: NEET, play video games all day, likely fat, no skills, no interests besides shitty video games.

You are worth less than degenerate normalfags because at least they work and contribute their cheap labor to society.

NEET should be the first to go.

I guess I know where the name Holla Forumseddit comes from.

Remove Casual

You want to remove 70% of the userbade from this site then.

70% less shitposting and more quality discussion about video games sounds just like what this board needs.

Wow, this game really does bring out the absolute worst of summer.

maybe you should try :^)

i admit that I am a pathetic, jobless neet who sucks at life, but that felt pretty not bad

Mark has been shitting up the board even harder lately.
He keeps these faggots coming up and stomps any atempts at user moderation.

WEW

I literally have no interest in this shit, and anyone who does is borderline retarded.
I'm excited for the Animal Crossing mobile game though. Hopefully the only micro-transaction they add are the ability to buy bells. There better not be any fucking paywalls.

I KNOW THAT FRIENDS AND SOCIAL SKILLS ARE A GOOD THING. That's what I've been arguing this whole thread. So what do you consider a "normalfag" that matches the description you outlined in ?

nice

OFFICIAL REVIEW AFTER 3 DAYS OF PLAY

This game sucks ass and everyone will be tired of it in a week.

On my normal walking route there are about 5 pokestops and it feels fucking retarded whipping out my phone for THREE pokeballs. Trying to catch any decent pokemon uses at least 3 balls, unless you are lucky. They intentionally made it a huge timesink trying to get pokeballs so you would pay 5$ for 100 balls.

I was tempted to buy some balls and then I realized that's fucking stupid because 100 balls lasts a few hours of actual play.

If you got 10 balls per stop this game might be worth your time, but it's not.

It is only fun if you are out with friends and just like "lol let's get pokeballs here". It's a social game you play while you are doing something else. It's a shit game on its own.

Reddit is a prime example why normalfags can't contribute to useful discussion. What the hell are you trying to pull?

You aren't cuckchan at all, nope.

Wow you suck user. The only pokemon I spent more than one ball on was zubat, and I only played for one day.

You can also revisit the same pokespots in the same day. I doubled mine with one walk.
You're not very good are you?

With every sage post I make, I come one step closer. Summer won't last long, faggot.

You aren't a normalfag at all, nope.

I think that should give you an idea

He moves back and forth from Japan, Australia, and the US. The Pokemon Go video was shot in Australia as evidenced by Maxmofoe. As far as anyone knows he's going to university in New York.

Kill me

There is nothing wrong with moblie gaming you fat fuck

Some user was saying that he kept getting that error because he lived in the middle of nowhere and had poor phone signal

Report back when you find something over 150CP.
Good boy.
Keep sucking that pokecock friend.

No such thing user.

I think it's a stupid game, I came into this thread to laugh at degenerates.

But that's strange because all my coworkers are playing it happily, even out and about and shit I get good reception

If this keeps up everyday I'm gonna get real fit without even noticing.
The salt only fuels me, user.

Accurate. The social experience is really the only thing the game has going for it, which is why this thread is as bad as it is.

Shit gets harder to catch later on. They start breaking out.
This is key. They refresh every five minutes. I fully intend on finding somewhere nice to read that has a couple Pokespots close by so I can milk them.

Nah, the general bias against mobile gaming is justified. The common business practices are horrifying.

Do you have a mirror righy beside you?

Go ahead and bump lock my thread. I don't really care about the game I just wanted to shitpost for a bit.

If I know it triggers even one person I'm gonna make sure we have a fucking pokémon go general up 24/7.

Don't fuck with me nigger.

I think a big part of why this whole "normalfag" stuff is so fucking dumb is that the term is extremely nebulous. You define normalfags as stupid, histrionic slaves to trends. Other people say that if you have any friends or social skills you're a normalfag. It's so stupid.
My bad for misunderstanding you, but jesus christ, it's a discussion we shouldn't be having in the first place.

Ok, you got me there.

Honestly all of Holla Forums probably needs to git gud at going outside.

Walking daily won't get you super fit, but it's great for your health and certainly isn't bad for fitness. Especially if you do it at an even mildly brisk pace.

And I'll see to it that general always goes down, you retarded faggot. Faggots like you shitting up this board with threads no one wants are absolute cancer, and my sage posts are the chemo.

Drink it in.

The thread should have been only this post.

What are you trying to accomplish by lowering the quality of Holla Forums?

sorry for bumping

Who cares if I get tired of it in a week? I'm not spending a cent on it, and I'm having a good time with it.

most people ( including me ) would probably be disgusted by alot of you at first.

The outside world will judge you by your looks. Shape up and groom yourselves week.

Time is money.

You're the casual cancer killing once good hobbies.

You are wasting your time. The most valuable of currencies.

Can you not into basic marketplace principles faggot?

lol

I can tell you clearly can't understand them.

/r9k/ made that first definition up
Its not having them that makes you a normalfag, its showing it as a way of superiority/peer preassure/attention whoring.
Its trying to shoehorn that shit on an anonymous imageboard where introverts share ideas/hobbies shunned and looked down by most of society and is considered a refuge for real life and a nice area of escapism.

Playing this shit is normalfaggotry for the sole purpose that its main gimmick is knowing other people and socializing outside our main hobby while having downright gameplay, much in the likes of ASSFAGGOTS AND CRAPCUNTS which were not designed like that but were mutated into it by the lack of an entry, and certain shallow and lax team based mechanics around the games.

115 still looks good to me nigga.
Besides all mobile games are just why not I've got the time bullshit. If you're going jogging anyways why not?

my neck started to burn a bit today. I'll have to wear a proper hat if I'm gonna go ash style.

If you eat 6000 calories of shit tier junk food and don't exercise at all you're definitely gonna become a ham planet.

It's a lot easier for me to make a general and occasionally bump it than it is for you to constantly sage bomb it like a faggot. Until then, enjoy dancing for me nigger.

Well, until we started arguing over the semantics of what does or does not constitute normalfaggotry and the relation and impact thereof on our chan culture things were going fairly well.

Also it's technically vidya so all my detractors can suck my nuts.

If this thread is so shit then let it be reported and the mods may close it if they so choose.

For me it's just wanting to be able to discuss my hobbies with people who have INTEGRATED into belonging in the hobby.

"Awful" and "fee" ran away from the post for some reason.

That's like saying angry birds is for kids
It could technically be true, but that doesn't stop every single person on the planet from chad down the street to your wife's son from playing it constantly

Good idea

This is not vidya, it's mobile.

As far as I'm hearing it, universities are the place to go.

you've replied 32 times, so he's doing something right

It's really fun that on a vidya board the main arguments against the game are it being for kids, it being a waste of time and it being for autists. Let's be honest were on Holla Forums we all have a little of the tism in us.

No surprise. You guys never leave your homes and don't know how to interact with people. Two things that are basic to this shit. It's probably also why this board sucks at fighting games.

>tomoko not justified

But user all the games made for this platform are shit because they are on this platform. I don't care if it's statistically impossible, every single mobile game ever made and that will be made is absolute trash and I don't want people sullying the amazing post quality on my board by talking about them!

Of course, because then youll have in depth discussion about games that will challenge you or give you countless options, usually with depth and good gameplay design. even though many faggots will here will avoid or dont discuss good challenging games because muh graphics and not AAA/Japanese, even more so with the countless amount of normalfags flooding the board with their recently released shallow shitty timesink social experiment/Esports scams

:)
>>>/reddit/

Funny, a lot of what I'm seeing, and certainly my argument, is that the "game" is shit. It's a non-game more about walking than actually playing a game.

They stripped out EVERYTHING good about pokemon, from Strategic Battles, to Trading, to Battling Friends, to Breeding.

It's a non-game, more about the gimmick of seeing bulbasaur in reality than actually playing a game. It might as well have been a fucking snapchat filter.

I'm working through fan missions in Thief right now and started a playthrough in D:OS EE with the no quest markers mod. Tactician mode seems fun so far.

but user, the big Gayrados say look out

it could be executed better but this is shit.

maybe they'll magically fix it in an update but for now it's shit.

There would be nothing to do with it. I imagine this will come when there's actually a way to interact with other players. The total lack of that is the most shocking thing about the game.

Wait so are you telling me that Mistery Dungeon is a bad game because it has almost none of the original mechanics of pokemon?
Your argument is not very strong.

formulaic 'styles' are rarely useful but Taekwondo in particular is a great foundation to get into fighting and ITF has a few important ideas like reactionary force or ideal speed
offtopic

fuck it i'm going to continue this thread is spiraling out of control

It's a mobile "game" and like all mobile games it's designed to be a time waster with micro transactions. But to people like me who go on sale or jogging anyways it's a why not kind of thing.

But user all the games made for this platform are shit because they are on this platform. I don't care if it's statistically impossible, every single mobile game ever made and that will be made is absolute trash and I don't want people sullying the amazing post quality on my board by talking about them!
Replace mobile with Xbone and you've got your answer.
Fuckoff nigger

Ill prove that your asshole is a thight fit to my cock you lil slut

GOTYAY

I've never played mystery dungeon, so I have no comment on it. That said I'm sure it has actual mechanics and gameplay other than just WALKING, and tapping the screen like an idiot.

fucked up the last line its supposed to say

Stare into the abyss

I got a library near me and park next to it. nearly perfect setup. I actually ran into a fellow autist today. Couldn't tell if he was a faggot but he certainly looked like one.

Naturally I don't care about normalfags doing this. It's the permavirgin with a blanket of cheeto dust on his gut that does nothing but min/max everything and exploits the hax/glitches to the nth degree.

Why are you here defending this game?
Pokeballs are massively overpriced.
This game is only fun while you're socializing and playing it ironically.
What do you expect from Holla Forums and why are you getting mad that people are hating on this game.
Get the fuck out you piece of new.

Push it to the bump limit.

Great taste nigger
You got the fan mission chart?

No one cares about your shit faggot.

How is this possible?

Yep, those are the only fan missions I've downloaded. There's so many fm's that I'm worried I missed a bunch of good ones that weren't on the charts so I'll probably spend some time in the future looking through as many released fm's as I can.

Nice blogpost faggot

Are you implying that everything on Xbone is shit because it's on the Xbone? Are you comparing an open platform to an incredibly closed one that has not even 1/100th of the games?

Have you considered that walking is the gameplay? What's wrong with that?

Have you actually seen anyone playing this outside? I went out and noticed that everybody had their phone out while walking, but I'm not sure if it was me just noticing because I was playing or if everybody was playing it too

What is going on in this thread?

I don't even know what to make of this. There's no words. I caught a Hypno at least…I guess…

FUCK

Been a Nintendo fan all my life. As a grown up I can't help to

I thought you couldn't flee from battles with trainers
pussy

Where do you come from, honestly? Are you from reddit? Is this a raid?

pokemon autists being autists

I was on a walk so I decided to play anyways and a skinny guy in a red truck stopped right next to me
Mfw I roll around town with a stranger getting Pokemon and sharing an autistic bond.

Walking and exploring is the gameplay, how is that so hard to comprehend?
It's the whole point of the game.

So how do you even catch pokemon in this game? Does your phone rumble when it's in standby mode? If not, then you wouldn't have to walk and look at your screen at the same time right? Isn't that really fucking dangerous? Am I missing something here?

So it's a walking simulator without the simulation?

You forgot to count the normalfags themselves.

The simulation is the game and metagame with other people.
It's more like a mmo-irl-walking-sim

Yeah, walking while looking at a screen is really fucking dangerous.

Everyone from work is talking about it (I know fucking normalfags). Naturally my competitiveness kicked in and I started coasting around the parking lot grabbing up every pokémon I could find in rapid succession.

I really did feel like a gary oak motherfucker.

When I went to the library/park there was an event going on but I don't believe it was pokémon related. That's when I ran into that one faggot and we exchanged a few words before awkwardly splitting.

quality shitposting.

see this guy

It rumbles and plays a sound, but you have to have the stupid app open.

No

Only if you're retarded

You only have to glance once to know where everything is the rest of the time can be attention free. Walking while looking at a phone is only dangerous if youre a fucking idiot.

hows summer treating you???

or black

It's not hard to comprehend at all, you fucking retard. I'm saying that WALKING is NOT gameplay. It's not part of a VIDEO GAME. It's something you do to get between point A and B.

All they had to do to make the game not suck was have Pokemon battles on the same level as a fucking game released for a MONOCHROME SYSTEM on a file 1024kb large. All they had to do was match the original pokemon games in terms of gameplay. Instead they just lazily put in a quick and easy tap game where you can't even interface with your friends on the same level as a fucking gameboy game.

That is embarrassing. And that you're eating it up and defending it his so very sad for this board. New Exodus when?

is kirby a pokemon???? i sooo want to catch one :3

Shit because faggots like you have suddenly started flooding the board.

The two are synonymous.

It was sarcasm you autist.

Even the mediocre ones are pretty enjoyable since the core game is so good, much like Doom
Just run trough most of them, you wont be dissapointed even if a tiny bit frustrated.

Yes, yes I am because mobileshit has no physical inputs sold with the platform itself and most if not all games deal with this bullshit horribly and most decent games are buried under a pile of derivative and knockoff chinese garbage with no real curation, hide options.

Hey there >>>/Reddit/

It's badly implemented but the base idea isn't inherently flawed.

That's not an MMO.

because it hardly fucking works

because if you're running/jogging seriously and not just waddling down your sidewalk you're not going to be staring at your smartphone flicking fucking pokeballs while doing so

because its a datamining app from jewgle

because the jewry goes a step father than datamining and sells you fucking microtransactions on top of selling you

Lets be honest here, you're not using this to get fit. You literally cannot, this is not a passive aid like the pokewalker with its built in pedometer(and a damn good one at that), you have to keep looking down for spots, when when you find one you have to stop. When you stop you aren't walking.

Moreover you cannot legitimately train these pokemon you catch.
You cannot transfer them.
You cannot teach them special moves.
They do not come with special moves ala dream radar and pokewalker.
There are no shinies
The items, terms, and methods are all completely internal to the app, they literally could not seperate it father from the main games. Its like the devs never fucking played pokemon, googled "pokemans", and started modeling the first 151 from what they found to slap ontop of one of their old similarly jewy apps that uses map data. Yes they have done this before.

You got suckered into the name alone. This is not a game. Stop being a mindless fucking mobileshit drone and play a real videogame, not some skinnerbox analytics mining operation.

>sutaqu' d' p'rtugueix

Now if only I had a phone.

It's not, but they have fucked it up, and if you think for a second they're going to fix it then you are a total sucker.

Best case scenario they put in trading, and more pokemon, they aren't going to fix that shit battle system up to even gameboy levels.

But it is part of the game, it's how you play it.
Not every game needs to follow the same rules of all the others, a game can differentiate a little bit from the norm.

If you don't like the battles etc then fair enough, but people seem to be enjoying it a fair bit. There's space for both the shitty games on 3DS and the shitty game on mobile.
None of them are especially good, but one doesn't need to eliminate the other.

What are you scared of? Nintendo leaving handhelds forever if this is a success? It's going to happen anyways user, handhelds have been pretty irrelevant lately.

To be fair that stuff is planned, the game isn't realeased yet.

Why don't you go play with your train set user?

Lul nope

seems like you need to cool down how you tried the showers at? >>>/oven/

How long before rapists and thieves start using lures and incense to bring people to them?

have*

It's version 0.29, the game isn't even available worldwide.

And this is what I'm talking about right here. Pokemon Go fans aren't Pokemon fans. You don't even like Pokemon, you're just a weekend warrior hopping on the latest craze.

Fuck on off back to Facebook and post more funny photos of where you've seen Pokemon.

Shitposting aside, real talk for a moment.

There's some deeper elements to the game and you have to get through the top layer of casual to really taste it but they're there. Otherwise I wouldn't have made this thread. There's enough nuanced shit to talk about so I made a thread to talk about it.

It's not my game of the year and it'll probably be ded in a month or so but it's not even completed yet so until it dies I'll have fun with it and shitpost with other faggots who feel the same way.

If this thread really is so offensive (hyuk), just fucking hide it and you wont even see it on the board. If you really care that much and aren't just baiting anyway.

You can always visit one of those undertale threads

hoho, you nigger. Well played.

I'm still waiting on someone to catch a fucking Jynx, name it nigger, and put it up on a local gym. That alone is worth the price of admission for me.

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the passionate moans of your wife as a black man cucks you.

1/12th of the posts in a large thread when you're doing nothing but saging and being incredibly passive aggressive is actually kind of a lot, user

Does it matter? What are you even talking about?
Only pokemon fans can play pokemon games?

People can't join your super secret pokemon club?
It's unreal the mental gymnastics some people would go through.

I mean shit I haven't played pokemon for the past 8 years because I thought it was boring and overplayed, this is new and exciting and it's right up my alley. Who the fuck cares if I haven't liked the last pokemon?

Such as?
Such as?

You could jog from pokestop to pokestop on a route without needing to look at your phone as they're all static.

YES

But you do realize that pokemon has been around for 25 years and new people, kids probably 8 years old, have started playing the game after you?

Pokemon X and Y were probably played by a majority of underage kids that love going to facebook.
And yet you're still playing them too. What the fuck is your point?

Because you don't even like pokemon, faggot. If you think the series has been boring the past 8 years you're a fucking retard (and you probably haven't even played the games, you're probably just a normalfag who 'grew out of it' to move on to 'cooler' shit like Call of Duty and sucking your boyfriend's dicks.).

What is the appeal of Undertale? I don't get it.

Sure fam

Not as far as I can see. Battling, raising, and capturing are all extremely linear affairs. And that's all there is.

Don't you dare get into that here. This thread is irredeemable as is.

See, you're doing it now
You could be playing video games, user

Actually I'm playing a bit try hard and trying to get gud so I can post up racist pokémon on my local gym.

Like how you throw the balls effects your catch chance, gym battles, and the team thing all seem interesting and are probably more than the average pleb will ever get into.

I'm sure there's countless "lel pokéman!" people that just like pokémon on their phoneand that's perfectly fine. One thing I've learned is "don't let people you don't care about ruin a thing you like".

I have disdain for plebs but I'm not going to stop eating because they eat to. That's some false equivalency shit right there nigga.

there's none. I was just out to trigger that nigger.

It's amazing you people actually believe this. Yes, I did play them, I even bought a 3Ds because I bought into the dumb hype.

It's not bad. It's just the same. Over and over again with very minimal changes that I honestly cannot appreciate. Pokemon is pretty much Nintendo's call of duty, so I'm really not sure why you seem to regard it so highly. It has remakes, it has rehashing, it has reusing the same engine over and over, it has poor writing.

And yet all of these problems are given a pass because it's pokemon.

You're treating pokemon as if it was a holy grail of a game series, and I honestly have no fucking clue where you're getting this. It's just a mediocre game.

And don't get me wrong, it's completely fine if you want to play it, what I don't understand is why you can't seem to live in a world where there are people that both enjoy the casual game on mobile, and people that enjoy the casual game on handhelds.

No I'm not. Gen 6 was complete shit. I'm just waiting for Sage, fuck gamefreaks vision of pokemon.

What the fuck are you arguing for then if you're not even playing the normal pokemon games anymore?

I'm calling out faggots like you for playing shitty games.

That's pathetic.

But if a pleb was eating literal shit would you also eat it? That is one of the most retarded statements I've ever seen.

And no, the shit "tap on your phone until the easily beaten opponent is dead" gym battles, or the "team thing" beyond the average pleb. For fucks sakes these are BASIC fucking things. And the catch chance? are you fucking kidding me?

You're an absolute fucking pleb if you think that is depth. I can't believe I'm posting on the same board as an absolute retard like you.

That is probably the single most cancerous thing I've seen on the board. You're so mad that some people are playing a game you don't like in their downtime while they're walking to work that you will take time off from playing things you like to actively shitpost about it.

It's sad and it's really really childish.
I know it's pointless to even write this, but really, if you want the definition of summer, look in the mirror.

Because the games turned to shit. Have you seen X/Y and ORAS?

Pokemon, for me, is a holy grail, just because you can't see it's depth because you're too retarded to check out the endlessly interesting metagame doesn't mean shit to me, nigger.

You're just a casual fuck who can't properly love pokemon, but you're all to happy to be a casual weekend warrior on your phone.

Honestly, go back to playing call of duty or whatever gay shit you like to do.

haha oh god, don't actually tell me you're one of those people that plays pokemon competitively and follows the metagame for a child's game

jesus fuck lel
Alright man I didn't know I was dealing with such a high level of autism, I'll let you be

I'm laughing irl user, thanks

Time to ruin your day.
Noone can see your pokemon' nickname but you.

Nah. Competitive Pokemon is the best Pokemon gets, but it's also kinda shit. And if that's your angle, then I don't know what you're doing on cart anyways.
I'd love to play a game that does Pokemon battles in a better and more balanced way. I don't know why no one has tried to make it happen yet.

Go on back to facebook, normalfag.

this thread went to shit so fast dam, whatever also pokemon irl gangwars when?

Me and a friend are working on a pokemon alternative with a better battle system, don't expect it any time soon though as the art for all the monsters takes forever and then we have to model them. I never said the meta was perfect, but I do love it, it's challenging and stays interesting if you know good players.

haha user cmon, I didn't mean to offend you, you can play whatever you want however you want as long as you're enjoying it

I don't care for competitive pokemon, but you're a genuine normalfag with a response like that.

What killed pokémon for me was fucking EV training. If you don't know what EV training then don't fucking ask. It's so fucking stupid, I can't believe how many of my autistic friends would dump countless hours into that shit for perfect stats.

EVs, IVs, fucking natures. Just thinking about it gets my jimmies in a bunch.

I pretty much gave up on the series when I learned about them.

I already explained, I don't think it's GoTY material but what mechanics are present have the nuance to keep me interested. If I get bored I'll stop playing. If I don't then I'll keep playing. If it really triggers you that much you should probably get out of here stalker because you're in the wrong thread.

Your bait is weak and it doesn't impress me. Try harder faggot.

it'll be my localized joke then. Even without the cherry on top I'll still enjoy this sundae just the same.

EVs were good in concept, they were completely ruined once they were discovered and used by everyone though.

Aww, what's the matter, is the casual baby gonna cry?

Is that a good or a bad thing?

It's good for your figure
go get some exercise you fat fuck :^)

Confirmed for knowing nothing about Pokemon.

Confirmed for not even liking Pokemon.

And again, I'm proven right: the only people who support this game are the normalfags who left pokemon and don't honestly care anymore.

WEEKEND WARRIORS

you just have to get creative and lucky
put a pokemon with 1488 CP in a synagogue gym or something

usually gives a rare pokemon, now go jogging a few mornings user

I don't think most normalfags even know what 1488 means, even when it comes to jewish normalfags

As autistic as it was before, as of XY, it takes like ten minutes. Even IV breeding was made to be less of a bitch. And there's really no reason to do it anyways when simulators and cheats exist.
If you're at all conscious of your stats in the single player game, then you're bound to have a bad time.

It should be something more rare.

Can the app tell i'm jogging when my phone is in standby, or do I need it actively open to register on the app?

The curse of crippling aspergers strikes again, may god have mercy on your soul

The phone will vibrate if there's a pokemon nearby, but it has to be unlocked and active. You can however leave the screen on and it will go on battery saving mode while still being on.

Needs to be open. Just turn off your standby.

Specifically, if you enable battery saving mode in the settings, the screen will go black when you turn your device upside down. So just put your phone in your pocket upside down and you're good. It'll still vibrate like that.

Did not know that, that's pretty ingenious

Holy shit I didn't know THIS. What a steaming pile of shit they didn't even try.

In power saving mode while jogging how the fuck are you not going to be waking the thing constantly? What the dick?

Fucking exactly. If there was gonna be a "meta" to the training of your pokémon they should have had that shit in the open. Or had mechanics that let you buff certain stats through training. That I could have at least understood.

What it ended up being was a bunch of cryptic shit that you had to have a fucking spreadsheet to keep track of. Even as autistic as I am I couldn't fucking deal with it and just dropped the series outright. The other option of course being to hack the game but fuck that.

I hope you have a car nigga.

I crippled your argument. If all you can muster is shit tier opinions how am I supposed to take you seriously?

Most everyone I know in the DS generation just hacked their stats. Which is fine but I could never understand it the draw of it outside of competitive battling.
I figured it could be done better online via hacked roms than shitty DS wifi but that's just me.

There was also natures and shit and it took more time than I was willing to commit to really learn the system. To that degree I suppose the argument could be made I'm casual. I could only discern that causality by caring enough to learn about something I would find I hate.

thanks for the protip

please use archive.is/gaming/pok%C3%A9mon-go-15-crucial-tips-tricks-the-game-doesnt-tell-you?page=1

Fodder for the next general. If I'm not being a lazy nigger I'll translate the the tips into a more versatile collage of information.

So much cancer I don't know where to even begin.

That article is pretty shit.
Honestly, and this is hard to say, the best place to learn more about the game right now is the Silph Road subreddit. The main Pokemon Go is the kind of meme cesspool you'd assume it is, but Silph Road has a lot of people actively trying to learn as much about the game's nuances as they can. I never would've know about the Pikachu starter without it, for example.

how the fuck do you need to buy pokeballs? Are you missing each pokemon 10 times or something? If you're low on pokeballs, just go to some stops.

archive.is/j8EXl

Goodness, someone looked triggered. Maybe one day you'll have the refined tastes required to enjoy this deep and enthralling mobile experience and graduate into the new mobile master race.

I sincerely hope you might one day find it in yourself to not have shit tastes. Still, if you cannot, I won't hold it against you. I may have disdain for plebs but we're not entirely unalike (except you're more faggy) so I can't help but see you as another fellow traveler. Happy baiting.

yea, I gleamed a few gems from it but I haven't done the research necessary for a proper general. As previously mentioned I was just shitposting. Someone better equipped than me could probably do a better general but if no one does I'll be obligated to seeing as the salt alone is worth the price of the post.

Maybe you should go there and stay there.

I wanted to know who online was going full autist over a stupid mobile game and immediately thought of Reddit. Sue me. The conversation and memes are terrible (just look at this faggot) but they're on the ball with that research while battery saving mode is still news to a lot of you fucks.

Honestly enjoying the salt the game is generating more than the game itself, shit I don't even have a smartphone. A+ 10/10 GOTY didn't even play it and enjoyed it.

And the bonus not salt related one.

Loving every laugh. All this over some flavour of the month social game.

every day in every way we get worse and worse