There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission

Outer Limits thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/119013092
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_K._Dick's_Electric_Dreams
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is this series worth watching? Any really good episodes to get into it?

yes

It's alright I always felt the hour long format hurt the show as a lot the episodes tend to drag. My favorite anthologykino is "Tales from the Darkside".

The episode where a time traveling Meatloaf assassinates president Obama was good.

ayyy lmao

I downloaded that one but the first episode was so bad that I deleted the whole thing. Does it get better?

Yes, it's an edgy 90's Twilight Zone.

It even has tits.

alyssa milano's in particular

Looks like reddit.

and how would (((you))) know what reddit looks like?

what episode?

I feel this show was a lot better than any of the later Twilight Zone revivals. Does it hold up?

yep I'm watching it right now

so good.

WHAT EPISODE

bump

Omg that ep is hilarious. Some are so pozzed tho. How about the one where Mark Hammill hooks his coma gf to a computer to visit her. And of course the Beau Bridges sand Kings ep is great

Scariest ep is the one with the robot boy

What did (((They))) mean by this?

Yeah, like the one with the psion little girl. Bad acting too, at least on her part, but that's to be expected.

I remember the 90's one. It was pretty good from what I remember. There's this one episode where a father hires a robot to fix his dysfunctional family and the robot eventually cucks the father out of his family.

Yes! That one has Tom Arnold in it if I remember correctly. That ep is great.

Favorite original series episode?

That's the first thing that comes to mind when I think of this series. Disturbed the shit out of me as a kid.

do you remember what episode or what season? I'm almost finishing season 1 and I haven't seen this one yet

This "Resurrection" episode was really shit. Once again they take a pretty good idea (robots in a world with no humans try to bring them back without the others discovering it) and make an awful episode with it. Awful acting also and forced stiff interactions.

To compensate S2E9 was fucking great. I hope the series keeps going like this instead.

the episode where this resistance fighter and a chick are in the same room on an alien base and the aliens are trying to get info out of them was great. watch that one.

They show her vagania on the episode, you humongous faggot.

I saw that one, it was bery nice.

pic?

dead man's switch is best

nah scariest is the meta one where its culmination of few episodes about how some guy wants to whistleblow experiments and how aliens control it all and the truck he rides gets ambushed the reporter guy gets killed and replaced by clone and the whole thing is sweped under rug

That's a good episode. It stars the Terminator and Ezri Dax. It has also a sequel in season 2 with Wil Wheaton, but that one is not as good as the first. He becomes impotent from radiation, and he accidentally blows the Earth instead of the alien homeworld.

the only episode worth watching is the one with Alyssa Milano. Overall a shit anthology show, doesn't compare to even the Twilight Zone let alone anthologykino such as Tales from the Darkside, Tales from the Crypt, Goosebumps and AYAotD.

Why do I have to do everything for you, lazy fucks?

the one with Alyssa Milano is fucking awful. You have shit taste. Alyssa herself is the only redeeming factor of that episode
and that ending holy fuck

This sounds like a cool as shit story, I'm surprised I don't remember it.

This but I still want to violate 90s Alyssa Milano

They're garbage, I don't care if you grew up with the them, I don't care if they're for kids, they just plain suck

that's because the episode itself is shit, but the idea is very good.

Late 80's Teen Steam Alyssa was better

So, what else is new?

there was no "sex changing" surgery back then as far as I know and she's obviously a woman. Only an actual faggot could mistake her for a man.

Just saw "Light Brigade". Is there another episode from this universe? Fuck…

They had the surgery back in the 30s. The first one to do it was some dude over in Germany in 1931.

Weimar? I'm not as surprised, then.

bump

8ch = cuckchan = reddit

My dad used to talk about this show all the time. Said it was like Twilight Zone, except with more sci-fi stuff, and that he liked it a little better.

Where's the best place to watch it online now?

I remember an episode about like hyperspace travel where you go through a different dimension to get to places real quick. It was a family going through like an airport to travel somewhere and this dad is telling his kids all the fucked up shit about this form of travel which I guess they'd never fucking heard before. Anyway the twist is that time travels much different in this other dimension and you don't age when you go through it or something. Maybe subjective brain time or something. Anyway they put you to sleep before you go through so you don't go insane but they basically just hand you some pills and hope you take them which seems like a bad way to do it. Kid doesn't take the pills and goes insane and that's about it.

let me look if youtube has the whole episode

I can't find it anywhere. Weird. Not even in episode listings. Wonder where the fuck I saw it.
Think Like a Dinosaur was pretty good too

That sounds like Stephen King's "The Jaunt."

Yeah that's what I was thinking of. Not sure why I think I saw a television adaption of it. Anyway thanks for the help.

There was a tales of the crypt episode where some rich guy buys body parts from some young fit guy that I always thought was pretty funny.

No problem. I found something 15 minutes long that seem tangentially related to the story ( vimeo.com/119013092 ), but doesn't look like a good adaptation. Do you remember if it was an anthology show like Monsters or Masters of Horror or similar?

No I'm pretty sure I'm misremembering since apparently the Jaunt has never been adapted (though news in 2015 was a movie is going to be made based off of it). Maybe this is a barenstein bears moment and I'm not from this universe

speaking of sci fi anthologies
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_K._Dick's_Electric_Dreams
I saw the first 2 and they were alright.

Buddy, we're so far gone at this point, we're in the Clifford The Big Red Dog universe.

…what do you remember those books being called?

Didn't even know this existed. Thanks.

Yeah I thought the first episode had at least good atmosphere even though the story becomes a bit retarded at the end. The 2nd one I wasn't as fond of. Waiting till the last 4 episodes are released in 2018 to watch the rest.

#MeToo

I thought the background of this book was blue.

Hulu has it, other wise either kodi or torrent it.

This episode was nice, but would have been better if I didn't see the twist coming from a mile away.
It was obvious that the nigress was there to make him kill himself.