What would have happened if Obi-Wan would have finished the job and force pushed Anikin into the lava river so...

What would have happened if Obi-Wan would have finished the job and force pushed Anikin into the lava river so Palpatine couldn't save him? Would he have prevented the rise of the empire? Palpatine was old and basically sat around while Vader was the young body doing everything during the original trilogy, without him exerting his force I feel like a lot of the tragedy could have been stopped.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14532208
strawpoll.me/14532295
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That would have been massively more fucked up that decapitating him

I don't know OP, all I know is I liked Revenge of the Sith the most out of the prequals but the motivation for why Anakin turned to the dark side seemed hamfisted and just kinda forced.

I always thought it was rushed a little but on recent rewatches from last year and this year I like it a lot more. The motivation is there, he just wants to save his qt

Agreed, decapitation is a mercifully way for one to quickly die.

Another interesting question would be, if Obi-Wan didn't stowaway on board would Anakin have ever choked Padme? Would he have gone through on his word sooner to overthrow the Emperor. The Emperor tells Vader that in his anger he killed her by what he did to her physically. If that never happened and she died of natural causes still in childbirth, would Vader have overthrown the Emperor ie killed him a lot sooner?

His motivation was basically

Wasn't the original cut four hours long? I think Anakin & Obi-Wan spent over one hour on The Invisible Hand in the beginning – there were also scenes focusing on Padmé and the other senators sowing the seeds of the Rebellion

It wasn't forced at all. Rewatching RotS last week, the most important thing to think of in that movie is whether someone is acting selfishly or for the sake of others. Anakin mentions that to Palpatine during the opera about how that is what separates the Jedi from the Sith. Looking at the movie from that point of view, everything suddenly makes a lot more sense. Pay attention to how everyone is trying to manipulate Anakin for ulterior motives and why his perspective is so fucked up by the end. It's there, but it isn't polished by Hollywood standards where it beats you over the head Nolan style to get the message.

It's pretty fucked up when you actually think about Anakin's life. Considering that hunk of burnt flesh as a once promising Podracer kid. Saves his "angel" waifu's planet, gets to marry her, then foresee's her death exactly like his mother died. You would definitely try to save her if it's the only thing he had. Should he have told Obi-Wan was it really his fault that he didn't address the elephant in the room of dicking Padme?

Probably not. Palpatine's job was done by that point. If you think about it, OT Vader doesn't do that much beside looking scary, cutting off Luke's hand, and eventually killing Palpatine. Things may have actually gone better for Palpatine without Vader. He just would have found some other apprentice who doesn't eventually betray him for his son.

I don't about what the cut was originally. It was the second longest film to Attack of the Clones (The Last Jedi shit is apparently gonna be longer than both). I know there was many deleted scenes, but I don't think the original cut would have been four hours long, ie Lucas was planning on shooting a four hour film for release while shooting. There could have been a three hour cut though easily. or a tad more.

The way Vader is portrayed even in Empire Strikes Back is rather cartoonish compared to Anakin Skywalker in Episode III. And it sets a certain tone for the film. It works during Luke vs. Vader battle because things actually get serious.

How? That story spanned from the early seeds of the first movie with his backstory and him being too old and the senate taking a liking to him, to him taking a liking to Padmé, to throughout the second movie where he did dark side stuff like slaughtering a whole village out of rage and getting married to the last movie where he's having bad dreams and getting manipulated by a master Sith to believe that his waifu and kids will die if he doesn't join him.

strawpoll.me/14532208
strawpoll.me/14532208
Vote it

strawpoll.me/14532295
strawpoll.me/14532295

Fuck off you obnoxious faggot.

bump

good thread bymp

Yeah there were scenes cut out. One scene they cut out was Palpatine suggesting to Anakin that Padme is turning on him.

I'm surprised it didn't go the other way around where Anakin throws lava at Obi Wan. Maybe you could have something where Anakin throws lava at Obi Wan thinking he's cocky and has mastered the darkside. Only, for it to back fire where some lava spout opens and blasts him with lava scarring him and also acting as symbolism for his attempts to master the darkside where it temporarily give him an advantage but fucks him over long term.

The Empire would be a shadow of itself without Vader. Palps could find another apprentice, but Vader was loyal, very skilled in combat (being a clone wars veteran) and strong in the force in general. He'd have a hard time finding a good replacement. He was the might of the empire personified. Without him, the galaxy would be a lot more unruly. The rebellion would probably be much bigger. Also Ben would be a different man if he killed Anakin when he was defenseless. Would be on the darker side of the force himself.

No. Let's be honest here, nu-Vader was a failure. The true Vader was the Vader that had the ambition to one day usurp the imperial throne for himself. That's the type of potential Sheev saw in Anakin, and it got completely ruined when he lost literally all of his limbs. He wasn't a true Sith, he'd lost all sense of a driving purpose, and all passion with it. Sheev should have mercy killed him, since it was clear that nu-Vader would never be able to surpass him as Sith.

Wasn't it that in the old Canon Palpatine purposefully gave Vader outdated prosthetics to stunt his potential? I thought Palpatine didn't want to be overthrown and live forever since he saw no point in the rule of 2 anymore since he could use his old masters techniques to live forever.

I don't know what shit you've been reading but it reads like shitty fanfiction. It doesn't even make sense, since then why did Sheev want to replace Vader with the stronger, able-bodied Luke?

Sheev was the one that ruled, but his student was his second in command that would actually be the one to enforce his bidding. The face of the empire, but Sheev was the top boss in charge. He was old plus it was his style to rule diplomatically from a comfy throne rather than be the one to head into battle and command an army.

Alternate ending says yes

Death by lava is actually more human than a decapitation.

You live for a minute after you lose your head, with lava you die instantly.

It's actually all that faggot Qui-Gon's fault.

If you think about it there's a lot of intervals where Anakin could've been stopped.

1) If the ship hadn't been damaged necessitating repairs on Tatooine.
2) Qui-Gon not purchasing Anakin from Watto.
3) Qui-Gon refusing to train Anakin.
4) Obi-wan refusing to train Anakin.
5) The Jedi Council recognizing Palpatine as a Sith off the bat and killing him before he could turn Anakin.

Get out of here, chicken, the internet is for people.

No because Star Wars happened before the prequels.

Qui-Gon was an awful jedi, that's for sure.

Maul lost only because Obi-Cuck had the plot armor. He should have killed both jewdi, then nobody would give a shit about Anakin and maybe Padme would whore him out to her ayy rapefugee NGO.

It would have been a ballsy way to end the movie, that's for sure, what with it being a prequel and all.

No telling what would've happened to Anakin if they'd just left him there.

Qui Gon did nothing wrong

This, and neither did Anakin

He was meant to be a grey jedi.

Gray Jedi should probably be morally grey but they are just Jedi with white lightsabers. There is literally no distinction.

It would have been kino

AHH MY LEG