To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle...

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewerā€™s head. Thereā€™s also Rickā€™s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that theyā€™re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldnā€™t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rickā€™s existential catchphrase ā€œWubba Lubba Dub Dub,ā€ which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenevā€™s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. Iā€™m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmonā€™s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. šŸ˜‚ And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. Itā€™s for the ladiesā€™ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that theyā€™re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid šŸ˜Žļ»æ

bump for intelligent individual

The thing about rick and morty is that you have to really have common sense to understand it.

*yawns*

t. low iq

All memes aside, is the show actually funny?

Nigger if you have nothing to add just GTFO. Just becasue your brain doesnt have the capacity to decipher the messages within rick and morty doesnt mean we dont.

Bigly

What the fuck is rick and morty? The first season was a scathing criticism of consumerism and our stupid customs. Now its a straight up ad tool foisting apps and mcdonalds sauce.

It's not funny. But there are very few episodes with interesting concepts.

I heavily emphasize on the word interesting for a good reason.

Woah woah woah since when.

since the first season all the way up till the last episode of season 1 thats when the change set in. Also that was when it was established rick was depressed and not indifferent

Nigger its more than interesting, its groundbreaking. Rick and morty is a trailblazer. A path maker not path taker.

I was asking how they made fun of consumerism.

The only guy I know who watches it also loves stuff like Family Guy and South Park, yet I keep hearing people talk about it like it's way better than those shows.

Why are you emphasizing the word "interesting?"

I mean that the show isn't funny. It's just that it has cool things to show. That's it.

Zseschituan Sauce

That was them embracing it.

I thought so and I agree but your emphasis led me to believe you were implying something else.

Then what was the joke?

Fucking liar, you love it and are just trying to save face in front of the boys

There was no joke, that episode aired after rick and morty went full ad. Ads for movies, ads for apps, partnership adds with simpsons and others, etc. Pay to win apps and more.

You fucking plebians disgust me with your low iqs. Wasting your time concerned with jews and niggers when you could be suckling at the teet of the future

WHAT'S UP YOU FUCKING N-N-NIGGERS?

Why is Harmon Shakespearean-tier?

What's your point? Watch the show because you watch it?

Who's creation will he "co-create" and run into the ground next?