Aesthetic action movies

What are the most aesthetically-pleasing action movies? The three that come to mind are Hero, Mad Max Fury Road, and The Raid. Hero and MMFR have superb visuals and the sound is pretty solid but they're merely okay as action movies, while The Raid is an amazing action movie with great music but merely solid visuals.

MMFR with The Raid-tier fight scenes and actually good characters/story like Hero would pretty much be my perfect movie. Its just a shame that 2/3 protagonists were boring as shit.

I have a soft spot for gritty 70's action thrillers.

Raid 2 is the superior film and it has better camera work and lighting.

Every movie made by the Visionary Director Zack Snyder.

Sucker Punch was great fun tbh

t. nu-male

Apocalypse Now

Get out.

There are way too many aesthetic action movies, tbh.

I know you are, but what am I?

anything jackie chan

I want to sniff her lewd bits.

Legend of the Guardians is CGkino.

Cobra you faggot. There hasn't been a good action movie since the 90's really.

Hero was perfect tbh. The ending also felt very satisfying. But I find it odd that the biggest recent action movies from HK seem to follow a trend of having all the main guys die in the end.

The fights are slightly better choreographed, in face the bat boy / hammer girl scene is probably the best I've ever seen, but I don't like how unfocused it is compared to the first one. It tries to have a complex story and doesn't really succeed in that regard while the first one doesn't bother and never gets in the way.

The movie I posted was The Raid: Redemption, where nearly all the fights are hallway fight scenes, including the best scene from the sequel (which has more locations but is less focused).

Prequelkino.

While its true that the aesthetic qualities of the prequels are great (no thanks to Lucas), they would have to be good movies overall to qualify.

Yeah, he only directed and produced them.

The qualities that made them good were thanks to the art and sound departments, not him. The main thing Lucas contributed was writing and the hiring decisions, thus the only good he did was hiring great artists and deciding against making them clones of the OT, which isn't much of an artistic feat.

How are you going to review TLJ, Cucklasa? It's not made by your jewish overlord JJ so are you going to trash it?

The prequels aren't good movies but they're decisively better than the nutrilogy and both 1 and 3 are better than 6 too. That isn't praise though because Star Wars was never good.

Compared to what?

GI Joe 2

I really ought to see that.

Aesthetically it is better than the previous. The action scenes on the other hand are shaky as hell. The only good one being the mountain fight.

I'm kind of hyped for John Woo's Manhunt. It's not going to be great, but I like every single one if his films.

docturu pahvel

You've already posted the best ones.

But Black Hat, Atomic Blonde, and True Lies deserve mention.