Dark Ark Storytime - Biblical Edition

What if Satan learned of God's plans of cleansing the world with the Deluge, and he decided to create his own Ark?
Dark Ark follows sorcerer Shrae and his boat, as he tries to survive the flood and keep his passengers from turning on him and each other. Satan promised to free Sharae of his debts and eternal damnation, if he manages to save at least two of each evil creatures. Sharea also has to keep monsters away from attacking Noah's ark, so that evil will have a populace to feed on and terror in the post-flood future.

Series is still ongoing and only four issues have been released so far. They will be uploaded to mega and Holla Forums's vola as I post them.
mega.nz/#F!2UB2wYKb!eomlbR3BrklNOK4P_EZ20g
volafile.org/r/kVIkT3

ISSUE #2

I only need that to know how retarded the premise is.
Satan is so indulged in his own ego he would never accept defeat or a change of plans even if shit is blowing right in front of his face.
It also kinds ruins the whole sin is inherent to man therefore rendering humanity as a whole pretty flat.
The art looks nice though.

Just a short preview for another comic.

It is obvious from the get go that the book does not try to be accurate. Satan in it is not like the biblical one, but more like a competitor to God, and closer to dark spirits in European folklore.

ISSUE #3

ISSUE #4

Another preview, and this is everything released so far.

Thanks for the storytime. This was actually way cooler in execution than it sounded in concept.

I really do hate this art style, but a story time is a story time. Thanks op!

Exactly. It's a decent story but the artstyle is terrible. Inconsistent at best, incomprehensible at worst.

The idea is cool, yet it isn't well executed in my opinion. We are supposed to see the sorcerer as some powerful monster yet he is most of the time behaving a little cucked but maybe that is because of the art not expressing well their feelings.

Also, if you are going to include vampires, why the fuck don't you include Cain? or even have Cain swim into the boat and punish the faggot vampire accordingly.

Now this is my personal taste, but I despite using 'creative liberties' for the look of the monsters. Mythical creatures should be drawn like they were drawn in their myths.

So far it seems pretty good minus the artwork. The art feels scratchy and lazy. Still interesting to read. Thanks for the storytime OP.

Glad I was able to find something good that people can enjoy. Here's this month's issue.

End of first volume

Here's a preview for another books…

… And the usual bullshit from the end of every issue.

Damn, I was really hoping the unicorns would live to see the end of the story. The dynamic they brought was an interesting one and it's a shame they had to exit stage before more could be done with it.

Will issue 5 be on the mega.nz site?

Sorry, it is there now, as well as on vola.

Thanks fam.

Man Im pleasantly suprised. A story that portrays monsters as bad guys and Christian God in a positive-ish light (Or at least Satan in a Negative-ish light).

I hope that in the other Ark its not revealed that god is evil. Thats so fucking trite I can't stand it.

Maybe is just my impression, but I see everyone being a dick. Besides, this reeks of fedora tipping.

I'm a fedora tipper and even I can't stand fedora tipping shit.

Do you think the comic is implying God sent the Unicorns to Shrae and is trying to fuck with the Devil?

I'd call bullshit, but this is probably just God playing 7th dimensional Go.

Implying?

Things wouldn't be more obvious if they were stated.

Yeah probably true. It's no longer a subversion when the "Standard" never fucking happens in stories.

there's always an extra-seat at the table.

I'll always be culturaly catholic, besides my personal beliefs. I would even join the next crusade.

The sad thing is that there could be good ways portraying god as evil if they weren't the same sad tired stories with no creativity nor soul, just the usual 'god iz bad and stupid becuz communistz told me zo!'.

user, your shiftkey is broken.

Where did the vampire army come from? Can vampires survive under water without air? If so, then what the fuck was the point of bringing vampires on board?

user, your shiftkey is busted.

simply being non-religious isn't fedora tipping.
fedora tipping is being non-religious and being a huge smug faggot that thinks he knows it all over it.

There seems to be a theoretical error with one of your keys. We must test your main device to see if its the machines fault or the manner of your poor linguistics skills.

i mean, if they're undead creatures why would they need air at all?

Same reason why you continue to use a broken keyboard.

thanks for sharing btw op

You got a little something stuck in your keyboard user.

it really would is a little refreshing to see some straight up good vs evil stuff without the 'bad guys is actually good and them good guys is actually meanies' tier faggotry that has been done to death over the past decade.

they might not need air but they could be afraid of sharks or leviathans or whatever the fuck was swimming around in the flood

or maybe just thought they'd get swept away down to the depths and never make it back to the surface

I know Holla Forums's a slow board but replying to your own post doesn't help much.

seems like the better explanation i think, i can't imagine vampires giving a fuck about being devoured when that sort of shit doesn't kill them.

Vampires are afraid of moving water. Seriously how dumb are you?

i thought it was holy water

Read a fucking book or watch a classic horror movie ya fucking 12 year old or better yet google it.

books based on vampires tend to differ quite a bit outside of a few established factors like them being burnt up by the sun or needing to suck blood to maintain their existence
nice grammar furfag

Kid, if you're not old enough to watch a Hammer Dracula film, what are you doing on this site?

i was unaware that this particular film, one thing out of a myriad of vampire focused media, was a vampire gospel that established everything about vampires and would be heretical to question
i have seen it btw you're not better than anyone for watching it

Then how the fuck you don't know about the moving water weakness?

i knew about it, but it isn't that commonplace considering general vampire lore
are you going to get mad because i didn't consider vampires sparkling in the sunlight as part of being a vampire as well?

Yeah yeah yeah…
They burn, burn to ash.

okay friendo, tell me how many other stories involve them being afraid of moving water.
i'll wait for that no doubt expansive list

*teleports behind you*
Nothing personal, kid.

fuck, you got me

How would one portray god as evil in a good way?

same way the greeks did

Not afraid but killed a factor yes. One of the Hammer Dracula films had a death, that one shitty vampire drama on the CW had a scene, there was a Scooby Doo movie set in Mexico that used the idea as an explanation to the mystery, a scene in the Hellsing anime, the original book, that one vampire show going on the Syfy channel. Im pretty sure you'd find more googling around but those are from the top of my head.

Devilman.

i was completely unaware of this one
i read the original book but i don't remember anything about running water. it's been awhile though.
thanks for the suggestions.

It was Scooby-Doo! and the Legend of the Vampire, but your welcome newfag.

ty as always friendo ;)

But that film was set in Australia not Mexico. The one in Mexico had the El Chupacabra.

My mistake, for some reason I was thinking Mexico.

Its alright fam.

easy mistake to make since people typically thinks 'desert' when you mention mexico or australia.
there's also that other scooby doo movie with the hippy alien lady and her alien dog that's set in some southern burger desert town.

Huh….okay.

Just what said. Or make god the same as the greek god Caos, which is everything in the universe and what all the other gods came from.

So, there are only two options: make it an hedonist greek or an eldritch horror with an alien morality.

You could take a page from an old Testament, and make God usually good to people who worship him, but still kind of an asshole. He could test his believers, punish them from straying away, expect believers to blindly follow his word, and be outright ruthless to people and other beings standing against his church or laws.

Greek gods acted a bit too much like temperamental teens.

That's why they were defeated so easily.

I'd be even harsher

Wait… wasn't one of the vampire weaknesses cross over flowing water? like rivers and seas.

And that's why at least greek gods can be somewhat likeable. They are omnipotent creatures with the same thinking of humans. Gods are for worshipping, not for liking.

I hate teenagers though

These angels are fucking retards.

I am so sick of lazy, shitty art in comics. There are hundreds if not thousands of skilled amateur artists out there. Why can't they get hired for these books?

It's in part due to nepotism and in part due to money. Skilled artists prefer to work for any industry that's not comics. Concept art, illustrating textbooks, designing covers, commissions, or even posting art online and collecting patreon donations can make you more money than work in comics and in a much better work environment.
People work in comics either because they like it or because they can't work anywhere else.

There's a thunderbolt for you for that.

Didn't most classic comic artists left the comic industry to do concept art and other shit because the big two and the other companies became unbearable?

Vampires can't cross running water, it doesn't say anything about the running water crossing them. Plus, if everything is running water there's noting on the other side so it becomes impossible to cross.

Then, how about the swimming vampires?

I'm still angry they wasted the oportunity to use Cain as the head of the vampires, making everything more biblical and all. This is just shitty fedora tipping wasting any good opportunities.