Honestly couldn't finish the newest twin peaks season

honestly couldn't finish the newest twin peaks season,
got bored to death halfway through

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/LKlTI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Coffee & Pie autists out

The Return might just be the best TV I've ever watched.

I've only watched the pilot, dont watch tv shows they are all a waste of time. Watch lynch's kinos like Inland Empire instead OP

the 3rd season was basically an excercise in masochism for fans of the original series. it was invredibly. nihilistic and depressing in tone.

I can't help but feel that Judy dragged down much of Mr C's plot from working against Cooper and trying to survive the Lodge's hits on him, to not really giving a shit to try and find her for some important reason. I get that BOB and her are pure evil if Part 8's any indication, but aside from a few moments he was quite underwhelming.

I've never seen the previous season.
The title always just sounded like boobs.

>>>/reddit/

>>>/reddit/
>>>/tumblr/
(you)

Can someone explain the rancho rosa thing?

Like how its the production company but also the town of coopers tulpas.
And then how electricity is a leitmotif and is basically the gods way of directing cooper throughout the return.

Is just an Easter egg man, don't overthink yourself much about it.
Either that or it means, again, that the Twin Peaks universe in fictitious.

Did they ever say what that ghost box pic related thing was?

The thing was paid by Mr. C with his drug-money to capture Cooper and/or Judy, oddly enough the only tech there are the cameras, otherwise is just a glass box. so maybe is magical or the place in particular is a portal, after all the box was extended to the outside WHERE cooper appears.

Kek

this series reached kubrickian heights and wiseauesque nadirs. 100% worth watching it, although it pretty much peaks at episode 8.

TP:TR works best as a series of scenes or short movies (not talking about the episode structure) loosely inter-related than as an unified coherent story, which it is not, or I've given up trying to grasp it

Webm faggot
Ok fine.
Is worthless.

The best TP "explanation" I've seen is a spaniard video where it says that is a matryoshka doll, where Lynch creates a reality in Twin Peaks where Laura does the same, but the sub-realities becomes self-conscious and living and try to protect itself from being destroyed:

Laura dreams with a Twin Peaks where she is dead, a world where her rape stops and her mother isn't pretending to ignore it but in fact, does.
The only thing is real is the middle point, Laura's life in Fire Walk With Me, after the first 30 minutes and before the end.
So Laura's been raped by Leland all her teen life which turns her into prostitution and coke there's where she meets Teresa Banks and works with her. Leland arranges an orgy with the OEJ's whores, where he finds Laura and steps back. Teresa finds out he is Laura's father and tries to blackmail him to which he kills her. Phillip Gerard, the witness of the scene finds the ring and points to Leland "It's him!" which breaks Laura from her delusion and finally sees Leland as the rapist.
Laura falls into a 3 - step trauma
1st step: Is my fault. (FWWM ending/REM stage)
So she applies the reason to a magical object, her jade ring, then the last third of FWWM happens, the beginning of the dream where she dies.
2nd step: Is my father's fault. (Twin Peaks/Judy/Dream Stage 4)
But since the dream is alive Cooper comes to investigate, steps in and the first two seasons happen, in turn, Twin Peaks becomes alive and the investigation leads to finally accepting Leland is the culprit. At the end, Laura forgives Leland because he is a sick man who actually didn't want to do it but he was traumatized and legit clinically insane.
Twin Peaks, being alive now, so now the story is trying to save Laura thus the episodes until the finale.
3rd step: Is my mother's fault (The Return/Dream Stage 3)
There was a person who wasn't insane yet did nothing, her mother. By the scenes in FWWM is pretty damn obvious she knew what was happening, unlike in the series but for whatever reason, she wanted to keep the status quo.
Here's where we proceed to season 3
At the beginning Cooper, the Fireman, Cole, Briggs, and Jeffries, existing beings of good device a plan to stop Laura's death, but since they're from the living dream of Twin Peaks (Step 2) that can't happen since Laura's already dead there, also they don't really know about the conditions the super-realities exists in. So trough the Lodges they move to another reality where that can happen which is almost identical to the original with a major difference. Mr. C. In season 2 Cooper was divided and is trapped, so he has to move to season 3, one where he can try to merge again.
Someone notices this and is against it, Judy.
Judy is status quo, she's the original living two seasons, that's why she's trying to capture Cooper, if Cooper saves Laura then Judy never happened, Judy vomited BOB into the new super dimension (season/step 3) to go and kill Cooper, but BOB and Mr. C wants to find and come back to Judy since in season 3 dimension they can be brought back to the Black Lodge which they don't want.
Seeing herself in danger Judy takes possession of Laura Palmer. Why her? Because both strive for something in the mind of Laura, status quo, but the Blue Rose Task Force plan works and they capture Mr. C, then
Cooper recreates the ending of FWWM but now Laura realizes she's alive (Dream Stage 2)
Judy makes the last move to try capture Laura, in response but doesn't work, Laura didn't die and Judy tries to "murder" her picture as she disappears:
The Blue Rose Task Force with the Fireman's help create a last dimension further apart from her reach in episode 18 (Dream Stage 1)
Here Laura is alive with much denial of her identity, who lives in that house, where she lives, even trying to create a fantastical setting, again, to escape. Cooper thankfully ignores it.
The plan works, Laura is alive, she finally realizes and screams at the reality (Wake up)
The end is Laura telling Cooper he will die and everything else too if she wakes up, but Cooper, being Cooper takes the bullet and carries his mission flawlessly.

TL:DR
Status quo, staleness and Pie & Coffee "fans" are evil because they want Laura dead.

thats what i initially thought but kyle tweeted an interesting explanation that i liked better as it wasnt an asspull 'it was all a dream' bullshit
archive.is/LKlTI

The ghost was JUDY/Experiment if Part 8 is anything to go by though I dunno why she got pissed when two people were fucking outside the box. I get their fear must have summoned her but if the box was meant to capture her then it did a pretty shit job. Also JUDY went on afterwards to possess Sarah Palmer if I'm not mistaken.

You are putting too much thought into this shit. I doubt even Lynch is thinking this throughly. It's just schlock.

you should get back to watching Rick & Morty.

i bet OP is also the kind of person that says blade runner is boring

fuck outta here with your pleb tastes

lol yep

The fuck are you talking about? It isn't an asspull, they have been stating this since FWWM and dreams have been an important plot tool since season 1. If anything that it isn't a dream is an asspull.

Where did you find this is it fanfic?

nah fuck you buddy i prefer the other guys explanation than yours