Press F to pay respects, I guess will just have to endure nothing but...

Christian Miller
Christian Miller

Disney Shelves 'Jack and the Beanstalk' Film 'Gigantic' (Exclusive)

press F to pay respects, I guess will just have to endure nothing but unnecessary sequels for the rest of this decade.
https://archive.fo/5t1Cq

"Sometimes, no matter how much we love an idea or how much heart goes into it, we find that it just isn’t working,” said Walt Disney Animation Group president Ed Catmull.
Gigantic, Disney Animation’s original feature project that was to have been released in 2020, is being shelved.
The project was being developed as an updated take on the Jack and the Beanstalk fairy tale, in which Jack befriends a female giant.
Inside Out co-writer Meg LeFauve and Nathan Greno (Tangled) were directing the project while Frozen songwriters Robert Lopez and Kirsten Anderson-Lopez were to have written songs for the film.
But according to the studio, creative walls were being hit.
“It’s impossible to know when we begin a project how the creative process will unfold, and sometimes, no matter how much we love an idea or how much heart goes into it, we find that it just isn’t working,” said Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios president Ed Catmull. “With Gigantic, we’ve come to that point, and although it’s a difficult decision, we are ending active development for now. We are focusing our energies on another project that has been in the works, which we’ll be sharing more about soon, now set for Thanksgiving 2020."
Details regarding the new project were not revealed, although insiders said it would be an original feature.
Animation is known for its long development process and it is not uncommon for projects to be put on the shelf or to morph from one concept to another. It is also not the first time Disney Animation or its sister company Pixar have taken projects off the schedule either to further work on them or shelf them indefinitely. King of the Elves and Newt were titles that had been actively in the works in the last decade that are now inactive.
Disney Animation next has Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 which opens Nov. 21, 2018 and Frozen 2 for Nov. 27, 2019.

All urls found in this thread:
https://archive.fo/5t1Cq
Jace Baker
Jace Baker

It looked like a romantic love story and we can't have that anymore in our Disney movies.

Christian Hernandez
Christian Hernandez

Wreck-It Ralph 2 aka Disney's Emoji Movie

Frozen 2

The giant was a little girl

Jacob Davis
Jacob Davis

F

Jaxson Jones
Jaxson Jones

All they had to do was hire some nips to do it, and they would have made it work plenty well.

Josiah Long
Josiah Long

Too white?

Benjamin Campbell
Benjamin Campbell

Ralph Breaks the Internet
Not Ralph Wrecks the Internet
That's the most offensive thing right there. I don't even know anything else about the movie other than that right there is trash.

Also kind of bummed that an original project got shit canned. Probably would have been too hard to market or something, I can't believe the suits would let something that's been in the works for so long unless they were cannibalizing the team for resources to pump out more sequels/safe bets.

Benjamin Foster
Benjamin Foster

personally i am waiting for Frozen 3 : Stonecold

Zachary Baker
Zachary Baker

While too white or male lead were my first knee jerk reactions, it was probably that they couldn't make enough toys off of it or some shit. I highly doubt they've shelve one of those sequels no one asked for if it wasn't working.

James Jackson
James Jackson

Key personnel about to be v&?

Gavin Price
Gavin Price

I'm betting on too much risk. The movie market is unstable as fuck right now.

Like every fucking studio now, Disney doesn't want to jeopardize money on new and unproven concepts. Hence the deluge of sequels.

Ethan Powell
Ethan Powell

so no big girls?

Jacob Ramirez
Jacob Ramirez

I hope so.

Andrew Miller
Andrew Miller

Also kind of bummed that an original project got shit canned.
This isn't exactly an original project, since it's a modern remake of a classical story, unlike Up or Inside Out.

Brandon Wood
Brandon Wood

jewmouse shitcans the loli giantess
WHY DO YOU FUCKERS HAVE TO RUIN EVERYTHING
WHY?

Jason Sanders
Jason Sanders

i like the idea, but at the end it would be a bad movie with wasted potential.

Jason Williams
Jason Williams

They cancelled a movie /co/mrades wanted to see
A movie that replaced a traditionally male character with a female one
"We'll just sit here and mope"
Have you not heard of feminists? You can turn them into your personal army over this.

Jacob Bell
Jacob Bell

liking lolis

Nathaniel Moore
Nathaniel Moore

not liking lolis

Colton Anderson
Colton Anderson

This unironically makes me want to screech like an irritated frog out loud.This was a great idea for deconstruction that would provide countless opportunities for excellent jokes and the character designs were top notch as well. Fuck those jews to hell.

Alexander Miller
Alexander Miller

Hey /tv/

Grayson Ross
Grayson Ross

Real shame, now we'll only get a decade of nothing but exhausted movie universes and or endless remakes/reboots.

They said the same for Tangled but it turned out to be good.

Fuck those jews to hell.
Kid, you're trying too hard to fit in.

Carter Martinez
Carter Martinez

You are right, lolis are weeb shit, underage characters on the other hand… 😛

Evan Gray
Evan Gray

You know what he means with safe bets, this suits come from well of families and studied bullshit degrees, people who "made it" usually come from nothing, they don't study bullshit degrees.

I hope Wreck it Ralph 2 or whatever is called flops, despite me liking the first one.

Alexander Baker
Alexander Baker

Ralph Breaks the Internet
not Super Wreck-It Ralph
ONE
FUCKING
JOB

Tyler Wilson
Tyler Wilson

I sincerely hope you realize that you and the people like you are one of the primary reasons it got cancelled.

John Wood
John Wood

This.

Ethan Adams
Ethan Adams

Being a pedophile is gay, I'd rather be a pedophile

Levi Adams
Levi Adams

but it turned out to be good.
mother has daughter imprisoned in tower
doesnt let her go out in the real world because she could get raped
actually its because she kidnapped her and used her to make her young forever
oh and you are a princess!
lets kill your not mother and go back to your kingdom
good
wasted potential, but i guess i cant expect them to right something interesting and the part of the "Villain" not being her mother killed the movie for me.

Josiah Rodriguez
Josiah Rodriguez

So can someone tell me what specifically qualifies as "/tv/" according to this autist?From what I'm seeing there's nothing connecting the posts he's whining about to each other.
It honestly looks like nearly everything ravages his ass, but part of me thinks there's some autistic pattern to his forced meme.

Parker Foster
Parker Foster

It is part of the original story that Rapunzel was taken from her parents as revenge from her father stealing a plant from Mother Gothel.

Matthew Cox
Matthew Cox

Bitching about it staying close to the original fairytale
???

Charles Sanchez
Charles Sanchez

muh deconstruction

Jacob Campbell
Jacob Campbell

hey tv

Colton Foster
Colton Foster

outta of

Jayden Rogers
Jayden Rogers

Go over to there board and see how they act normally. Then compare it, to the usual shitposts on this board, different sides same coin only guilty faggots like you react so autisticly.

Gavin Bell
Gavin Bell

ponies
Why didn't they just put the project on hold?

Ethan Edwards
Ethan Edwards

Why not just put it on hold then?

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page