Take a male hero>swap his gender>make a bullshit story as a excuse...

Aiden Adams
Aiden Adams

take a male hero
swap his gender
make a bullshit story as a excuse background
some are ok the other are not
Can you actually explain why this is a thing? It's just because one is older being publish historically speaking or what? I can see some characters actually having a personality like Jessica drew using a similar name but completely out of the way from the source

Owen Ortiz
Owen Ortiz

If it was done in the spirit of rule 63 it was probably fun, but if it was done because some punk with a gender studies degree wanted women to feel "empowered" it's probably a lemon.

William Brooks
William Brooks

Supergirl is a superpowered girl who exists in the same universe as Superman.
Lady Thor dresses like a guy whose name is Thor, replacing him as Thor at the same time as Thor gains massive name recognition.
Jesse is a speedster who exists in the same universe as the Flash.
Hawkvag replaces Hawkeye as Hawkeye at the same time as Hawkeye gains brand recognition.
Being this slow.

Joshua Myers
Joshua Myers

This. Some of these things are not like the others.

Nicholas Collins
Nicholas Collins

Thinks Supergirl is a genderswap

Connor Walker
Connor Walker

>clearly being a DC fag
supergirl is exactly like Superman, with the same power but female!
female Thor is exactly like Thor with the same power but female!
Can you see this shit faggot? They are both the same soulless gender swap gimmick but one is ok because was made before the 80

Lincoln Baker
Lincoln Baker

the same soulless gender swap gimmick
Supergirl

Kill yourself, fag. Just because you hate whor doesn't mean you can drag Supergirl into this.

Bentley Murphy
Bentley Murphy

That particular Supergirl (Nu52) was not exactly like Superman, at least not up until as far as I read it. More of an angry teenager than a responsible superhero.

Jason Cook
Jason Cook

Did I've offended your waifu cocksucker? Can't accept is the same gimmick and that if she was done now everyone would hate her? Let the grown up talk and cry me a river
I'm reading again some Superman story arcs but the more I get into it, the more I notice she have been pushed to replace Superman since the beginning especially in death and return of Superman

Jackson Long
Jackson Long

the more I notice she have been pushed to replace Superman since the beginning especially in death and return of Superman
death and return of Superman
when there were fucking several Supermen flying around Metropolis

You're going to need to get some better evidence fam.

Lincoln Martin
Lincoln Martin

Supergirl is exactly like Superman, with the same power but female!
BITCH GET THE FUCK OUT
I'VE NEVER EVEN READ A SUPERGIRL COMIC AND I KNOW HOW RETARDED YOU SOUND

Landon Ramirez
Landon Ramirez

(nice quads)
This

Adam Butler
Adam Butler

Supergirl
Kal-El's cousin
He gains his powers from the sun
Logic means she would too
She's an angsty teen
He's a grown, responsible man
She routinely fucks things up due to above said angst
He routinely fixes other peoples fuck ups

Are you this fucking new to comics?

Brody Sullivan
Brody Sullivan

Can't accept is the same gimmick and that if she was done now everyone would hate her?
Supergirl doesn't replace Superman unlike Whor, who steals the identity of a pre-existing character and is somehow better than that character.
Now fuck off back to whence you came newfag.

I see you checking anons quads so I'll check yours.

Ayden Edwards
Ayden Edwards

I'm not him, but so far in many media Supes straight deny most of his succesor like Superboy and want Supergirl as his replacement.

However i personally didn't mind this, since she is a full retard (or atleast back in the time she wasn't) and pure like Superman once was (back in the good times…).

OFF: Holy shit i just realized those returning stories finally once and for all became obsolete since John will take the cape! Nice!

Zachary Stewart
Zachary Stewart

I meant "isn't a full retard" for fuck shake!

Hunter Lopez
Hunter Lopez

Hey Anita

Brayden Cook
Brayden Cook

Back in the day I believe it was done just because it was fun to have a woman counterpart to male heroes, nowadays it's done mostly for pandering and virtue signaling.

Aaron Young
Aaron Young

and

Jackson Collins
Jackson Collins

if she was done now everyone would hate her?
Because she'd be written as feminist propganda

Zachary Gomez
Zachary Gomez

I was worried I didnt save this for a second

Xavier Clark
Xavier Clark

shit that's not even the one I really wanted

Brayden Long
Brayden Long

One is an addition to the narrative. One is a palette swap.

David Price
David Price

the one I really wanted to post was abotu how these faggots are intentionally destroying the characters you like on purpose

Charles Gutierrez
Charles Gutierrez

huh, maybe that was it

Joshua Davis
Joshua Davis

blames the decline of comics for the last two decades on leftyfags
completely ignores The Great Comic Book Crash of 1993

Fucking casuals.

the one I really wanted to post was abotu how these faggots are intentionally destroying the characters you like on purpose

Comic companies need no help with that.

Pic related.

Benjamin Flores
Benjamin Flores

It's the last desperate grasp of a dying medium for relevance. Controversy is cheap and lazy, and this is the safest controversy imaginable.

Frankly, comics should be studying pro wrestling. That's just live action comics using the exact same tropes and storylines and it's bigger than ever. Plus more expensive. And they didn't need to betray the shit they stand for, and their controversy makes sense in the context of that universe they created. It keeps getting bigger while comics get smaller. I'm thinking it's wrestling keeps it simple with the morals, universal with the appeal, diverse with the representation (ALL stereotypes, by the way,) and…

NON POLITICAL

Kayden Harris
Kayden Harris

last desperate grasp
Nigger, these female versions of heroes have been around since the fucking 50s at least.

Jordan James
Jordan James

OP? Is that you? I thought you left to suck an endless parade of dicks.

Jace Foster
Jace Foster

A long winded post that's more about "muh culture war" than what's actually going on in the industry

We're going back aren't we?

Christian Rivera
Christian Rivera

He said "the better part of a decade".
You change it to "two decades" and reference the crash of 1993.
two decades ago

I can't tell anymore if ppl are posting fucked up things on purpose.
It's obvious that lefty politics isn't the only reason for the comic book crash.
It's also obvious that lefty politics contributed heavily to the current crash.
All prominent creators are lefty, have pushed lefty politics in the books and on social media for years now, in escalating degree, to the point that they're openly insulting fans and calling them nazis for not liking Riri Williams.
yeah it's still nothing to do with politics; you must be new here lol
OK smart guy

Jacob Hall
Jacob Hall

Nigger, these female versions of heroes have been around since the fucking 50s at least.
The difference is that the older female versions had some depth.

Supergirl, Batgirl, She-Hulk… these were actual characters with personalities.

Now Marvel in particular just uses the same 1.5 different personalities for all their female characters. The stock "blandly competent" woman, even for characters created before (Carol Danvers, Laura Kinney, Jan van Dyne, Jane Foster) or the goofy wide-eyed tard (Kamala Khan, Riri Williams, the new Wasp, Squirrel Girl).

Even the established male characters barely have any depth in the recent comics. But it's just a bridge too far when they push a another female or minority character whose powers and codename aren't original, and she lacks a personality too.

James Ward
James Ward

The difference is that the older female versions had some depth.
Yes, and the post I was replying to made no distinction to genderswaps like Super Girl compared to the new cuck-filled versions.

Angel Phillips
Angel Phillips

Lucas Harris
Lucas Harris

How stupid do have to be to not see the difference between "making a female version of a character to appeal to average girls and women" and "making a female version of character who is the best at everything, better then the original white male hero, and everyone loves her even though she's done nothing just so jew faggot on twitter can get asspats from trannies"?

Jacob Brooks
Jacob Brooks

I thought wrasslin' had been struggling with losing popularity.

Isaiah Anderson
Isaiah Anderson

Comic companies need no help with that.
I think you need to review your english lessons

Leo Jenkins
Leo Jenkins

I had hoped to post a clear and concise explanation but settled for less

what's actually going on in the industry
the culture is directly tied to the products it produces user

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page