IDW Sonic News

Asher Gomez
Asher Gomez

We got some news on the Sonic IDW comic. It'll be arriving around Spring 2018. What are your thoughts and hopes Holla Forums? Do you think it'll much more fun to read than Archie Sonic? Will Ken try and sue if they give Knuckles a hat?

Tyson is on cover duty so far but may do an issue eventually.
No word on continuiting Megadrive due to questions on copyright
Ian Flynn is not involved with the IDW relaunch, he feels he's done his time with Sonic and is happy to step back
IDW has full approval to use any character fully owned by Sega. Characters from all Sonic media are open to be used.
Storyline will be the game universe however so no Mobius. This means old characters might show up in surprising new ways
There will be one crossover series at least in 2018 published as a mini-series, probably with another IDW licensed property

All urls found in this thread:
https://twitter.com/IDWPublishing/status/917126711900364800
https://archive.fo/szKJ4
Matthew Lewis
Matthew Lewis

but will Sally and Nicole still be lesbians?

Carter Roberts
Carter Roberts

Have they even announced the team for this series yet?
IDW has full approval to use any character fully owned by Sega. Characters from all Sonic media are open to be used.
That's interesting, but I doubt anything will come out of it. I expect the comic will start off with a few game adaptations, so if any non-game appearances will probably be shoehorned in. I really hope this leads to the every-Sonic-ever crossover I've been waiting for since I was a kid.

Carter Murphy
Carter Murphy

What characters aren't fully owned by Sega?

James Parker
James Parker

OP you lying cunt you said Ian won't be working on this. You lied!

David Nguyen
David Nguyen

Guess Cosmo didn’t work out

Aaron Long
Aaron Long

Hate to say it. But Holla Forums probably right. IDW will make doctor eggman Donald trump look alike and we will probably see a official sonic mlp crossover less than a year of launch
but will Sally and Nicole still be lesbians?
Realistically yes. If it’s a female character that ididnt directly came from Sega. She will be bi, lesbian, pan or transgender. It fits IDW track record. It’s a miracle they didn’t make rainbow dash a lesbian yet.

Robert Fisher
Robert Fisher

There will be one crossover series at least in 2018

Justin Ramirez
Justin Ramirez

Anybody know the live stream UK TIME?

Cooper Diaz
Cooper Diaz

So we learned Ian is back writing and that it's a fresh start again. They dodged every question regarding to Freedom Fighters and other Archie stuff. Kinda a waste of a Q&A, but at least we'll get the first 4 issues in rapid succession.

Andrew Nelson
Andrew Nelson

IDW will make doctor eggman Donald trump look alike
<I believe this for some reason other than evidence because "muh trump"

You must lead a very sad life.

Jacob Lewis
Jacob Lewis

Cap'n Cummings

Evan Morales
Evan Morales

https://twitter.com/IDWPublishing/status/917126711900364800
Flynn is back
Then this should be great

Luis Long
Luis Long

That just means that the freedom fighters either won't be in at all or won't be in during the beginning arcs.

Isaiah Sanchez
Isaiah Sanchez

If they can put anti-trump bullshit into G.I. Joe then anything is possible.

Cooper Rivera
Cooper Rivera

crossover series
Please be Transformers. I want to see Eggman creating a new brand of Decepticon combiners to fight Sonic.

Hunter Perez
Hunter Perez

It will be either MLP or TNMT.

Lincoln Watson
Lincoln Watson

and?

Evan Stewart
Evan Stewart

Sally and Nicole probably won't even exist. IDW has no chance to get the rights to them from Archie and SEGA never liked them so Flynn will most likely have to use only game characters or make new OCs.

Samuel White
Samuel White

Hopefully the lack of OCs means we get a bigger spotlight on the more obscure official characters like Fang the Weasel and Hat on Fire Knuckles.

Lincoln Barnes
Lincoln Barnes

It’s IDW mate. They gave us transgender transformers.

Nathaniel Gomez
Nathaniel Gomez

Archie has the rights to them? I thought sega did since they were characters originally from the tv show.

Michael Hill
Michael Hill

SEGA does own the rights to them. They were initially developed by DiC for SatAM. Sally is based on the squirrel animal friend from the American Sonic series bible (in Japan, the character was Ricky the Squirrel. In America, Sally the squirrel)

You could make the argument that the anthropomorphized version of Nicole is Archie's though. Luckily Penders didn't make her.

Alexander Garcia
Alexander Garcia

IDW already shoehorning lesbian ponies in the mlp comic

Cooper Johnson
Cooper Johnson

SEGA keeps a tight leash over their IPs. Archie is just as SJW as IDW, if SEGA didn't control their shit, we would have seen some shit before now

John Lee
John Lee

IDW will hide shit in the sonic comic. Didn’t the mlp comic had a guy hide kill all men or something in the background? I’m surprised mando gecko was made gay in the TMNT comic yet. But bebop and rockysteady might be a gay couple though

Juan Ramirez
Juan Ramirez

calling it now, Sally and Nicole will be in the background holding hands because "they were always lesbians guys!"

Luke Jenkins
Luke Jenkins

Decepticons fake being under Eggman's control/work for him to get their hands on chaos emeralds.
Eggman adds a mustache to their logo and calls them the Decepteggcons.

But yeah, probably MLP or TMNT. Both are bigger names at this point.

While subtlty with their lot is rare- you can pull off some shit. Like a mudslime writer for Marvel put in numbers referencing verses in their rag. Shit like "never let a non-muslim rule in the nations you invade" or some shit while Kitty Pryde (a jew) is becoming the new leader of the XMen.

But as others have said- Sega is finally doing well with Sonic. They're gonna watch shit like a hawk.

Eli Lewis
Eli Lewis

Sonic will come out as a faggot, Amy will come out as a lesbian, tails will become a tranny, and Eggman will be a strawman shitlord that refuses to use their preferred pronouns.

Joshua Howard
Joshua Howard

Your mum will come out as a lesbian

Aaron Flores
Aaron Flores

Alright faggots, here's what I'd do if I were in charge of this train wreck
Based off the story found in the Japanese manuals
Sonic and Eggman being rivals for years before Sonic 1, but it being the first time he used the animal powered badniks and was really into getting South Island's Chaos Emeralds
CD probably takes place between Sonic 1 and 2 because it doesn't really fit anywhere else
Did you know Tails Adventure actually happened before Sonic 2 at some point?
In Sonic 2 Sonic and Tails not being friends until Eggman fucks shit up on Westside Island to find the 7th Chaos Emerald
Sonic 3 & Knuckles was mostly un-fucked with oddly, but it does have a lot of cutscenes so not much they could change really
Chaotix's plot restored to a bunch of strangers coming to a mysterious new island that appeared after Angel Island was restored to the sky and teaming up because Eggman
You know, shit like that, make the links to Adventure more solid though
Not sure how the Game Gear games fit in, there's a decent gap of time between 3 and Mania at least
If I'd include the Freedom Fighters, it would definitely be a prequel story
Sonic takes the Tornado to visit an old friend of his, "Uncle" Chuck, on another island
Turns out Dr. Robotnik has taken over the island for some reason, whatever
Sonic teams up with Princess Sally and the game to take him down
Doesn't even let Robotnik finish his big "I hate the world government because they fucked with my family so I'm going to take over the world and run it myself" speech
Sonic probably uses several egg insults, which Robotnik likes for some reason, making his new supervillan name Dr. Eggman
First hints at the Chaos Emeralds dropped
Freedom Fighters become C list characters, like Mighty and Ray, Sonic the Fighters guys, or some parts the pre-06 supporting cast like Nack the Gerboa or that robot man
I could go into more autistic detail, but I'll stop there because nobody gives a shit.

Zachary Ramirez
Zachary Ramirez

Being a proud cuck

MLP
Numale show draws in a cuck who hates being a man

Jose Phillips
Jose Phillips

story found in the Japanese manuals
Trash.

Liam Gonzalez
Liam Gonzalez

What's it like having shit taste?

Oliver Fisher
Oliver Fisher

I don't know, what's it like?

William Diaz
William Diaz

Hope it's nothing like Boom, this meta self-aware irony shit is getting old.

Ayden Taylor
Ayden Taylor

There's a series on Boom?

Eli Johnson
Eli Johnson

How does wanting to see two furry girls lez out make me a cuck?

Jose Green
Jose Green

Look at all these wonderful original characters Penders got to keep, truly the ultimate expression of creativity. Totally worth destroying a comic series over.

Joshua Perry
Joshua Perry

I'd unironically want to read that.

Evan Wood
Evan Wood

FUCK DRUMPF AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

Gavin Williams
Gavin Williams

Wasn't the gunman shot by an armed citizen?

Jackson Gomez
Jackson Gomez

Yes, a former NRA instructor no less.

Ian Thompson
Ian Thompson

He was also an atheist, not a Christian.
I'm not sure who that Ken Penders faggot is but they clearly don't know shit.

William Clark
William Clark

Whites who commit violence always get associated with Christianity, even though they're usually either atheists or agnostic at most, because leftists are desperate to find any instance of terror in the name of Jesus (as if 1 terrorist attack for Jesus cancels out the 24,507,698 we've seen from Islam over the last 20 years).

Jeremiah Miller
Jeremiah Miller

I want to hear more.

Landon Taylor
Landon Taylor

Using an AR-15 also.

Leftists are raciest. They see all whites as christian. And all Arabs are Muslims. That's why if you criticize Islam you are automatically racist

Mason Price
Mason Price

Would be 100% okay with Bunnie and Antoine basically being cameos running a nice cafe as husband and wife.

Ryan Martinez
Ryan Martinez

I'm guessing you don't read the GI Joe comics then.

Bentley Adams
Bentley Adams

Why is Penders such a pretentious and insane lolcow?

Bless Mike Pollock's big old heart.

Anyway, I have hope that Sega will keep a tight leash on IDW's bullshit. And I doubt IDW will there to see Sega are a bunch of shitlords since this would greatly damage their reputation when it comes to working with holders of the original IPs.

Blake Smith
Blake Smith

I would honestly prefer them appearing as side characters helping the SF Resistance, since there's not much use for a "rabbot" when working at a diner. The other SatAM shits can fuck off though. Dulcy, Rotor, Lupe and Snively were such dull characters. I also never understood the appeal of Naugus, but I guess I did kind of like the whole bit about him being related to railcart witch Wendy in the final issues before cancellation.

Ryder Kelly
Ryder Kelly

https://archive.fo/szKJ4

Which part? The one where IDW canned an entire G.I. Joe series because the writer approved a homo cover and made asinine comments about September 11th? Or the one where they cut an anti-Trump joke because Trumpers got triggered?

Fags have become such outrage addicts that they don't even keep track of the shit they're outraged about. They don't want to ruin their buzz.

Chase Cruz
Chase Cruz

You mean the cover with the weird muscle expansion shit and pink spandex?

Jace Brown
Jace Brown

Fuck that noise. The only way a modern crossover could turn out well is if they did it the same they handled their Mars Attacks crossover event.

defending it
Shit art, shit plot, shit commentary, shit characterizations. The comic was asking to get canned, faggot.

Luis Adams
Luis Adams

They had a Popeye comic? When the hell was this?

Matthew Long
Matthew Long

pointing out facts is now "defending it"

I didn't say it was good, I said they canned the spin-off series and pulled the trump joke.

I also pointed out how you niggers are so addicted to getting pissed off that you can't even fucking do a google search out of fear it'll kill your high. Thanks for proving me right, you paranoid tweaker.

Carson Butler
Carson Butler

It ran from 2012 to 2013, with only 12 issues, I think. IDW is also reprinting the classic comics.

Henry Davis
Henry Davis

Yeah it was a couple of years ago around 2012 or so. It was okay.

you can't even fucking do a google search out of fear it'll kill your high. Thanks for proving me right, you paranoid tweaker.
What are you on about, you triggered queer? How am I pissed? I just said it was shit. I'm not even american so why would I care about american presidents you strawmanning faggot? It was a shit comic for shitty people who wanted their opinions validated instead of it just being a decently drawn comic about soldiers fighting stupid snake-themed terrorists in dumb costumes.

John Morales
John Morales

Mind sharing some magnet links of the spinach addict comics?

Luke Mitchell
Luke Mitchell

You didn't even read the post I was replying to, you cock-sucking truck-stop twink.

Ian Gutierrez
Ian Gutierrez

And who cares about that little prick? The fact is GI Joe was shit (even by IDW's standards), you aids-infested carny tranny. I bet you unironically root for the Chicago Bears too, you mondo faggot.

Eli Morales
Eli Morales

being gay
being gay and insulting the Bears
Both of you fucking retards are asking for it now.

Easton Rivera
Easton Rivera

being a Bearsfag
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize this was /leftyfur/, you pansy bear-fucker.

Zachary Barnes
Zachary Barnes

Nobody said IDW GI JOE WASN'T shit, you illiterate, sphincter-less she-he. You probably get pounded in the ass by craigslist niggers in a crack-pipe strewn hotel room while watching the Cleveland Browns, you unbelievably gay retard.

Connor Ross
Connor Ross

discussing the bears or gi joe at all
Well gee whiz, didn't realize it was Pride Week already.

Aaron Ramirez
Aaron Ramirez

Who invited these losers to the blue loser thread? Go stuff yourselves up some other anus, you balding limpdicks.

Michael Wilson
Michael Wilson

Why don't you just go back to sucking the cocks of 40 year old men dressed in cum-crusted fursuits at whatever piece of shit furry orgy con that's hosted at the run down holiday inn across town? We're having a fucking discussion here, you, you crap assed faggot.

Brody Taylor
Brody Taylor

=Fellow meme reporting! Uh screw you guys too!==

Jayden Anderson
Jayden Anderson

tfw threads like these are the only things keeping me alive

Nathan Wright
Nathan Wright

The Cleveland Browns? What a fitting name for a sportsteam that is about as sightly as A BROWN SHITSTREAK ON YOUR UNDERWEAR DUE TO YOUR INNABILITY TO FUCKING WIPE LIKE THE FAGBAIT RETARD YOU ARE, SO GO POLISH A DOORKNOB YOU CUMSNARFING FUCKBOX.

Camden Taylor
Camden Taylor

Oh I'm sorry. Clearly the biggest loser in vidya should have his hallowed ground untarnished! Seriously, go back to the 90s, Mr. Needle Ass.

Jace Murphy
Jace Murphy

THE ONLY SHIT STREAK AROUND HERE IS THE ONE YOU PAY TO LEAVE ON THE COCKS OF CRACK-HEADS, YOU DICK-HUNGRY FUCK MAN. GO BACK TO BEGGING TO SUCK THE COCKS OF AIDS INFECTED STREET SCUM, YOU BUGCHASING SPERM GUZZLER.

Jacob Harris
Jacob Harris

WELL EXCUUUUUUSE ME, YOU QUARTERPOUNDER FAGGO-SUPREME WITH A SIDE ORDER OF A 40 POUND BOX OF RAPE, I DIDN'T THINK HAVING AN OPINION ON ANY DICKLICKING TEAM LIKE THE CUNTLAND BROWNDICKS AND THE SHITCAGOFUCKYOURSELFWITHAHACKSAWYOUCANTANKEROUSQUADRIPLENIGGER BEARCUNTS WOULD BE SO FUCKING PROBLEMATIC FOR YOU! MAYBE YOU SHOULD KEEP YOUR PRESHUSS FEEFEES IN CHECK AND GO TAKE YOUR PURSE AND CRAWL BACK TO THE HOLE YOU CRAWLED OUT OF FROM DEEP WITHING TUMBLR, YOU SHITSMASHING SMEGMACHEWING HORSEFELCHING KNOBPOLISHING NIGGERLOVING MILFFISTING COWTIPPING HABERDASHING GOOCHSLURPING SARKEESIANHUMPING SHEKELGRUBBING MUDSLIMEKISSING DOGSLAPPING CUMGARGLING BALLTICKLING TITTYTWISTING MONKEYSHINING FEMINISTUPSETTING ANTIFAHIGHFIVING BULLSHITTING NUMBKNUCKLED CHUCKLEFUCK.

Jason Perry
Jason Perry

What are your thoughts and hopes Holla Forums?

Two words: Soni. Chiu.

Austin Sullivan
Austin Sullivan

Someone screencap this shit, holy shit my sides! I can't stop laughing!

Adam Young
Adam Young

idw thread
JAY FOSGITT
>inb4 fuck off ponyfag

Gavin Reyes
Gavin Reyes

Han yourself Barneyfag

Evan Murphy
Evan Murphy

Wow, I remember when this shit had some quality artwork.

Christian Hughes
Christian Hughes

Lee doesn't post here anymore.

Ian Campbell
Ian Campbell

That's the cutest fucking giraffe I've ever seen tho.

Henry Parker
Henry Parker

Not enough people pointed out how fucking new this faggot is.

Eli Nguyen
Eli Nguyen

so

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page