This little shit has now been Robin for 8 years

How do you feel, Holla Forums?

He's grown on me somewhat. Still not my favorite robin but I don't hate him as much as I used to.

Better now he's treated like the little shit he is and not a Mary Sue.

He's grown on me. I kinda wish he had stayed dead though. I'm glad they moved away from the bat rape story and have buried his test tube baby origins in the past. I would have liked to see him and Nightwing on more adventures. I wish Bruce stayed in the past or died too. Nightwing having to assume the mantel and raise Damian would have made for some more interesting stories. The bat family is too large again.

Stopped caring. Tim Drake will always be the best Robin

What underprivileged minority youth will they replace him with?

I like him a lot. When he's written right he's like a more autistic batman, just smaller.

Also, NU52 Batman and Robin was one of the best things to come out of DC in years.

I like him

So when he's written right he's exactly like Tim Drake, just more autistic?

Indifferent. There's not much to be angry about since, ironically enough, he's been replaced as the resident Bat-OC by the likes of Duke Thomas and Gotham Girl. Leading the Teen Titans and being the straight man to Superman's son certainly doesn't seem like a step up.

Basically.

Pretty good because I can ship him with Jon ;)

Like DC Comics died with my father.

I'm always sad no matter what, Dick will be the true and only son of Bruce. Edgy J should have been stayed dead…. Tim was a good replacement but a bit too much soap opera drama….this little shit is a cunt and have to an hero soon

Do people still care for Red Robin?

Fuck off back to tumblr faggot, with your stupid faggot shipping.

Just you wait until DC decides to dig up Jason Todd for the cinematic universe and then we'll have more than just a little shit.

If nothing else Damian created a neat dynamic and really showed off how the bat family is just that, a family. He's the little turd of the group, but he's got his likable points.

I agree with all of this.
Plus Grant Morrison retconned Bruce and Talia's tragic, doomed romance into reverse rape, which is really shitty.

Hey man what can I say they make a good pair ;)

I've come to view the Robin moniker to being a stepping stone to getting an identity worth a damn, so I don't really care about who Robin is so much as what each Robin becomes. I don't particularly like Damian and never have, but how I assess him will be based on how I like his post-Robin incarnations when he gets there.

This is the only correct answer.
Damian has a ton of potential as a character, I loved when he and Dick were Batman and Robin, Pyg was a pretty great villain too.

This is probably the most respectable and nice of a thread I've seen for a hated character.

I love Super Sons. Damian and Jon work so well together.

What are you basing this on? Nightwing's the only post-Robin identity that was any good. Red Hood is shit, and Jason should have stayed dead. Tim Drake was better as Robin and Carrie Kelly was better as Robin than as Catgirl because DKSA was almost pure shit.

Greg Cucka did it first when he killed Ra's and made Batman and Talia enemies.

I'm basing my opinion on all 3. Nightwing being good-ish goes without need for any elaboration. I don't care fore Jason myself, but Red Hood is a natural continuation for the character and an outlet for anyone who wants to read a DC comic that's more in line with the Punisher than Batman. Red Robin was good while he was investigating Batman's disappearance (prior to the New 52), but it's undeniable that DC has totally lost track of what they're doing with Tim. Tim's fault as a character, is (IMO) that he's fundamentally way too similar to Bruce, so it's hard to make him go his own way compared to his predecessors, hence why he really hasn't totally moved on from the Robin moniker even if he stood by while Damian took the mantle.

They have Vigilante. Red Hood is completely pointless. Winick should have killed him off at the end of the story.
Red Robin is basically just Tim Drake as Robin, but with a slightly different name and costume. Which, again, leaves Nightwing as the only post-Robin identity worth a goddamn.

I always thought Tim was pretty different from Bruce. He deduced Batman's identity and sought him out to tell him that Robin was a necessary counterweight to Bruce's angst and rage. Tim generally didn't get lost in his own pain, even though he'd lost a parent, too. He wasn't so obsessive. I always figured he'd eventually move on from being Robin, maybe move on from vigilantism altogether, just because he's not so fixated or angry.