Its time to admit that this movie would've been an instant 10 if not for Furiosa's character

Its time to admit that this movie would've been an instant 10 if not for Furiosa's character.
In its current state it's barely a 6. Interesting how one character can ruin what would otherwise be a perfect film.

I wouldn't know. I only watch kino.

Reboots very rarely accomplish quality objectives

Bizarrely, the Director tried to balance things out and pandered heavily to both the Feminist-PC-CM audience and the men's one.
The result was shit nevertheless, and actually only the first Mad Max is a watchable movie.

Should have brought back Mel.

I haven't seen it because I can detect kino and I know it isn't kino and is shit praised by plebs.
So you're probably right.

hmmm

t. reddit

Razorfist said the same thing.

Only Reddit defends this muh wymyn cash-in attempt, though.

Feminist Road is a 0 because of Furiosa

it would've been 0/10 with or without Furiousa. The entire movie is just cars bumping into each other for 2 hours, but according to critics it's le action movie of the decade. God help us all

Furiosa was the least of it. How about explaining why Joe is a bad guy, and why Max would care to fight him at all.

This. With or without Furiousa the entire premise of the women trying to escape is so patently absurd it ruins the movie anyway.

Probably best they didn't bring him back tbh. Would have been sad to see the original Mad Max be so whipped.

Obviously it's a feminist message about how opressive the natural male/female relationship is with a male provider and a female comforter.

As someone who's driven a truck through a desert a couple dozen times, let me tell you, a bucket of water is great for your psyche. One of the first things truck drivers do after checking if the gas tank got potshotted by random ragheads is wash their faces.

It occurs to me that you could fix the movie very easily
Done.

Remember when anons were seriously arguing this wasn't feminist propaganda? and that it was a great movie, a return to fun action movies?

You can still read that on plebchan

This shitflick falls apart the instant it expects you to believe that Furiosa somehow managed to break the girls out of their quarters, sneak them past all the guards, all the way down that mountain, and into the truck all by herself, all without showing or explaining or even mentioning this amazing feat. The ONLY THING this movie has going for it is the visuals. The story is the unquestionably retarded.

I falls apart once you realize the setting of Fury Road blatantly contradicts the endings of the previous two movies.

Joe is pretty clearly established to be a very archetypal "bad king." It's like the sheriff of Nottingham in robin hood. You don't root for the guy even if he runs a semi-competent society because he's clearly an asshole.

The whole "he's carefully regulating water use! the tumblr-whales are going to deplete the resources!" stuff is pure conjecture as the film never ever states that the water is in any jeopardy. If there had been a throwaway line like "there isn't much water left in the citadel but Joe isn't being fair with it" or w/e then we could say that the ending was unjustified. But since it isn't clearly stated ( in a script that is almost nothing but purpose written set ups and pay offs) that means that information wasn't important to the story. They could have showed a scene where they use the water to build a wave pool under the citadel and it wouldn't have made a difference because the movie wasn't about the water, it was about removing a tyrant from power.

Also Joe being fat and ugly is just visual coding, it's used all the time. It's purposeful and we are meant to take his exterior presentation as a reflection of what he is like on the inside. Its the same reason why Darth Vader looks like a spooky robot samurai, quick, easy information transmitted to the viewers without need for clunky expository dialogue to communicate what a character is all about.

Sadly yes indeed, as a matter of fact, they even made those shitty comics to tell us that there wouldn't be any problem of water since there's a lot of it. So yes, it's really propaganda, in no way we can see good in joe.

Since water is a scarse resource on earth by the time of the movie, it's only logical to assume Joe has a limited quantity. If he does have an endless supply, they should specify that. It would take a single line in the script.

Furiosa could be written out of it entirely, and it'd still say jack diddly squat about Max Rockatansky, its supposed main character.

It's just shit through and through.

B-but muh pratical effects!!!1

Why did she even need to be in it.

The vilain looked goofy and was dumb as fuck, all Mad MAX movies have shitty vilains that dont deliver

The visual coding is interesting. He wears buff armor to make himself look badass but underneath he's a fat, diseased old man.

I dont rmemeber the plot of this movies. You autists take this shit too seriously if you can remember what happens on some forgetable action movie like this one

not only and they live in a fucking desert, the feminists had just destroyed their own society by the time of the movie

Except they were showering all over.

A womans beauty is more important to her than food. A meal feeds her for today. Her beauty makes a man feed her for the rest of his life.

I think if anything that hurts my ability to see him as a bad guy. He looks like a tired old man who's been through some shit. His motivation of just wanting a son who wasn't broken or retarded was understandable too.

The problem with that is that it makes even less sense for Joe to be a fluid miser if he has an infinite supply of water. If that were the case then it would make better sense for a warlord to utilize it to build up an empire rather than to harshly ration it to a dwindling population of shit smeared peasants for shits and giggles.
It is a very stupid movie.

kys

Normie the reaction is OMGIDODD SO F*CKING COOL

you would know

Yea I'd know because I have common sense

go back reddit

It's time to admit OP is a faggot like always

You can see what normies think by seeing what they think of a youtube video and how much they like it and what their comments are

This would have been different if he were in it. Stallone made another Rockey, and Rambo movie, Bruce Willis was in another Die Hard. Why the hell didn't Mel get to play Mad Max one last time?

Because he hates the tribe.

George Miller is a pussy who was scared of backlash. The script even seems to have been written will Mel in Mind in a few places. The fact that only Max and the old woman remember the old world.

It's time to admit mad max was never good

It kind of baffles me that the Mad Max video game had a better story than the movie.

For one, Max had an actual personality and a bit of an arc in it, the side characters were all pretty interesting and entertaining (Chumbucket alone is miles more likeable than Furiosa and the rest of the Bitch Brigade), the villains were better written and it actually managed to show the world as a post-apocalyptic hellhole rather than Fury Road's "le patriarchy is ruining everything".

yeah except the women needed a man to save them and furiosa literally needed a man's blood to keep her alive. mad max is actually problematic tbh