Jeremiah Foster
Jeremiah Foster

Yes.

Dominic Howard
Dominic Howard

Absolutely.

Jose Gray
Jose Gray

I'm asking because I name dropped it surrounded by like 5 people and nobody knew what I was talking about or even heard of it.

Mason King
Mason King

yes, very good

Andrew Parker
Andrew Parker

not knowing Detective Colombo
How old are these people?

Tyler Murphy
Tyler Murphy

Absolutely comfy. A classic.

Eli Williams
Eli Williams

It's a unique take on the police procedural/detective show in that every ep begins with the criminal commiting the murder. The viewer knows who did it and why, fun is watching how Columbo figures it out.

Matthew Gonzalez
Matthew Gonzalez

every ep begins with the criminal commiting the murder. The viewer knows who did it and why, fun is watching how Columbo figures it out.
Derrick did that as well, and it was a just as comfy show.

Sebastian Richardson
Sebastian Richardson

18-19

Anthony Gutierrez
Anthony Gutierrez

Born in New York City, Falk was the son of Michael Peter Falk (1897–1981), owner of a clothing and dry goods store, and his wife, Madeline (née Hochhauser; 1904–2003),[4] an accountant and buyer.[5] Both of his parents were Jewish,[6] coming from Poland and Russia on his father's side,[7] and from Hungary and the Czech lands on his mother's side.
no

Leo Scott
Leo Scott

awww loogk ads fthe phbudtryrtrs duzkdplinz

Adam Moore
Adam Moore

Neger, Bitte sehr…

Chase Reyes
Chase Reyes

when your racism gets in the way of good taste…

Eli Butler
Eli Butler

racism
/reddit/index.html
/leftypol/index.html
/cuckchan/index.html

Joseph Ramirez
Joseph Ramirez

/pol/index.html your vile antisemitism is not welcome here

Anthony Campbell
Anthony Campbell

<muh identity politics
Oh no! Now I can't enjoy this show! ;_;

Brandon Wright
Brandon Wright

Eh, not like anything in Columbo itself was marxist propaganda.

Lucas Stewart
Lucas Stewart

The mystery isn't the murder, the mystery is how will Columbo solve the murder?
Can't stress enough how much I loved that angle.

Adam Price
Adam Price

identity politics
Are there any politics that aren't based on identity?

Connor Sullivan
Connor Sullivan

Class is something you can change, race and sex are permanent. I guess one could argue that religion also falls into identity politics despite it being something you can alter as well.

Jaxson Cruz
Jaxson Cruz

Class is something you can change
So basically it's the thing you shouldn't make up politics around, right? It'd be as stupid as politics about hair styles.

Alexander Cooper
Alexander Cooper

So what if you could change it (as unlikely as that is)? It's still an identity and one on a very loose foundation. Blood is thicker than water and people have more in common and more shared interest with their race and religion than class.

Alexander Morris
Alexander Morris

But was there anything degenerate in Columbo?
Don't remember it. It was Murder she wrote with a hobo detective.

Ian Russell
Ian Russell

Columbo was the "one more thing" guy before Uncle from Jackie Chan Adventures ever was.

Julian King
Julian King

Class is something you can change
How so?
I guess one could argue that religion also falls into identity politics despite it being something you can alter as well
Maybe if your definition of religion is analogous to political affiliation. Otherwise people don't tend to alter worldviews they've been indoctrinated with their entire lives.

Justin Cooper
Justin Cooper

Trump's Grandfather started off as a barber, you're going to tell me no shift in social class occurred when he started building his fortune with restaurants and motels he acquired with money he saved up?

Nathaniel Flores
Nathaniel Flores

That kind of thing is exceptionally rare, wealth almost always remains in the hands of the same people. Work your ass off or don't, it's like playing the lottery.

Colton Cox
Colton Cox

So that's how you brush off the fact that class isn't something you're permanently bound to?

Jonathan Bailey
Jonathan Bailey

So class is determined by wealth? The mexican lettuce picker who wins $100 million playing lotto is suddenly "upper" class? Funny how that works too, people only ever identify as middle or upper-middle class, never the other two.

Brayden Davis
Brayden Davis

Most people are. I don't see what permanence of identity has to do with anything though.

Jordan Jackson
Jordan Jackson

I'd say class is more determined by income and how you generate it.

Elijah Rivera
Elijah Rivera

Leftykikes, why should I care about class when my nation is being invaded by niggers and arabs? Sure, the (((international elites))) has made this happen but why should a class war take priority over the ongoing race war?

Benjamin Mitchell
Benjamin Mitchell

Class is similar to race that way, one of those "can't define it but know it when I see it" type things. Seems relatively simple: if you're envious of someone they're higher class, if piteous they're lower. Is someone like Shaq who earns 8 figures a year upper class because of his income or is he outside such distinction since he's black and nobody would want to change places with a nigger?

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page