Sausage Party

Asher Price
Asher Price

Remember when critics were lauding this thing as something revolutionary and the next step in animation and then it was promptly forgotten?

All urls found in this thread:
https://archive.is/CzjMP
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toon_Boom_Animation
Landon Russell
Landon Russell

Please don't remind us, people are still recovering from the ending scene.

Parker Cruz
Parker Cruz

Remember when anons tried to defend it saying that it will open up more opportunities for adult animation?

Julian Young
Julian Young

What is that ugly Jewish thing on the right? Some kind of kosher pastry?

Nathan Miller
Nathan Miller

Its an Arabic Lavash

Ayden James
Ayden James

It's good we got a M Rated 3d cartoon but the tryhard edgyness of the movie killed it all.

Gavin Foster
Gavin Foster

I remember it was like two or three anons saying that shit with everyone else either calling them retards or mocking them.

Jayden White
Jayden White

2D fags are going to be disappointed when MLP movie doesn't bring back traditional animation films

Asher Diaz
Asher Diaz

Watched it high as hell and still couldn't enjoy it.
Beating everyone over the head with the god/religion shit just got repetitive. And the animation was just shit.

Jacob Reyes
Jacob Reyes

Not worth treating the animators like shit?

Zachary Long
Zachary Long

That horse died a long time ago user.

Luis Bailey
Luis Bailey

Might help if I copied all the layers.

Mason Moore
Mason Moore

They should've cashed in on this in 2014, that well has run dry it seems. The only bronies still around are in it for the community it seems, it's probably gonna be one of those things like the LOTR fandom that is small and secluded but will never ultimately die.

Daniel Foster
Daniel Foster

I wonder how they feel now.

I've accepted the death of 2D a long time ago.

Adam Cox
Adam Cox

That happens all the time everywhere though.

Benjamin Hernandez
Benjamin Hernandez

Hey, it seemingly led to an adult muppet movie with Melissa McCarthy
https://archive.is/CzjMP

Jason Gutierrez
Jason Gutierrez

Toon Boom Harmony?
Sounds like a fly-by-night animation studio…

Ryan Adams
Ryan Adams

more opportunities for adult animation
If only, I want lewd movies using art like pic related

Joseph Edwards
Joseph Edwards

Hey, it's better than having no hope at all.

<suffering intensifies

Grayson Thompson
Grayson Thompson

It's an animation software that's kind of a high-end version of Flash

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toon_Boom_Animation

Dominic Fisher
Dominic Fisher

My friend from Boston visited me and a mutual friend from the mid-west. It was the first time we met in person, and it was great.

But the motherfucker dragged us to this film and I ended up seeing that shit in the theater. Not a good time.

Benjamin Nguyen
Benjamin Nguyen

Adult animation
If only. Adult animation is a meme for cussing and sex jokes which is pretty much what South Park is built upon and Sausage Party did not differently, except make it about food.

Nathaniel Lewis
Nathaniel Lewis

It always make me wonder why so many Americans think that adult animation equals lewd/sex humors and crass languages. I know I'm gonna get hate for this but anime pretty much nailed the mature audience segment with movies like Patlabor 2 and Tokyo Godfathers.

Luke Richardson
Luke Richardson

It always make me wonder why so many Americans think that adult animation equals lewd/sex humor and crass language
Gross out humor just appeals to a wider audience on a base level. "Serious" animation that doesn't utilize its medium for some kind of exaggeration (comedic or not) is functionally redundant (why not use live action?) and thus a hard sell in the eyes of financiers, distributors, and anybody who isn't an animation buff.

Carson Sullivan
Carson Sullivan

I know I'm gonna get hate for this but anime pretty much nailed the mature audience segment with movies like Patlabor 2 and Tokyo Godfathers.

But user we technically still do on some conceptional level. Ralph Bakshi is still trying to make mature animated films, just last year he released 'Last Days of Coney Island' and when I say 'try' I mean the man is literally doing everything himself with little to no help with the animation. There's this Brazilian animation team trying to get funds to release some decent looking action science fiction fantasy film but I can't remember it's name, but there's this other Brazilian film called 'Way of the Giants' thats been ranking in various awards. France already puts out a couple decent serious films like 'Le jour des corneilles'. In terms of stop motion animation, its actually becoming a common thing. Just look at 'ANOMALISA' and anything made by Laika. Plus many people have already tried creating serious animated features but failed to due to lack of interest or poor advertising, hell there was this crime drama that stared Tom Hanks back in 2012 called 'The Electric City'. Had 11 minute episodes, semi-nudity, violence and an interactive app but failed because it was on Yahoo video.

Jaxon Davis
Jaxon Davis

Tokyo Godfathers
I actually caught that on HBO around Christmas two years ago. Was one of the comfiest movie watching experiences I've ever had.

Blake Nguyen
Blake Nguyen

Yea but what about the yanks?

Caleb Murphy
Caleb Murphy

That's my point. While other countries are still in experimental or indie phase in Japan mature anime movies got proper distribution in mainstream cinemas and DVD/Digital distribution later on.

Meanwhile the so called "Mature cartoons" outside Japan had to rely on Film Festivals and limited cinema release (If they are lucky) or it went straight to DVD or Netflix. The exception perhaps the French animation industry, since they marching on their own pace. Compare this to American animation industry that's held by the big three (Disney, Nick, CN) with Discovery Kids trailing behind and short sporadic animations from youtube animators and most of the stuff they churned out are for younger demographics or "hurr durr adults"

Dylan Thomas
Dylan Thomas

I suppose the recent castlevania animation was nice, but it kind of needed more gore, more episodes, better writing and better music.

Zachary Brooks
Zachary Brooks

yanks
Compare this to American animation industry
Last Days of Coney Island (2016) Laika and the Electric City (2012) are American. There was another one I forgot to mention but I don't remember.

Joseph Martin
Joseph Martin

I think there is a stigma that animation is a lower form of visual medium, inferior to life-action. That would also explain absurd ideas like life adaptations of material that was never meant to be in life-action like The Last Airbender or Dragonboall.

There is this idea that animation is a throwaway medium, something to put in front of the kids to keep them pacified for a while. Adult animation is treated the same, except it gets all the crap that life-action is too good for. No one would lower themself to act in a life-action movie that's just sex humors and crass lanuages, but animation is good enough for that.

Austin Jenkins
Austin Jenkins

Basically

Caleb Long
Caleb Long

No one would lower themself to act in a life-action movie that's just sex humors and crass lanuages,
You'd be surprised at how many actors worth a damn will star in low-brow comedies for an easy paycheck.

William Lee
William Lee

It's true. Because everyone in "adult" animation are nothing but impulsive children controlled by their vices and emotions. Promoting and enjoying them unironically instead of realizing they're terribly human beings.

Mason Hill
Mason Hill

everyone in "adult" animation are nothing but impulsive children

Parker Brooks
Parker Brooks

user, make sure you don't tell everyone that he ends up fucking a tranny in an old truck at the end of the movie.

Josiah Bailey
Josiah Bailey

I think he fucks a bunch of trannies in the back of a truck.

Alexander Martinez
Alexander Martinez

I told you not to tell them.

Adam Robinson
Adam Robinson

No one would lower themself to act in a life-action movie that's just sex humors and crass lanuages

Noah Howard
Noah Howard

create character for the audience to disagree with
audience ends up agreeing with him more than the ones you actually made to be agreeable with the audience
make him more aligned to your own ideals
your show slowly ceases to be popular
Interesting character.

Angel Gray
Angel Gray

it's the jews

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page