They say high schools supposed to be the happiest time of your life

Eli Hernandez
Eli Hernandez

They say high schools supposed to be the happiest time of your life.

Grayson Lee
Grayson Lee

Only if your life is extremely short.

William Taylor
William Taylor

Exactly. You're funny.

Kevin Taylor
Kevin Taylor

See what happens when you give people a chance?

Eli Wright
Eli Wright

Our happiest years will begin when we make our first million; I can't wait to stroll down the riviera with a model on each arm. Heh.

Wyatt Price
Wyatt Price

Gee, thats interesting; I guess you can be intellectually gifted and still be morally bankrupt.

Asher Morris
Asher Morris

I certainly hope so! *laughs*

Michael Robinson
Michael Robinson

Oh my God.

Ayden Cruz
Ayden Cruz

I can't believe David has the nerve to show up.

Aiden Long
Aiden Long

Who does he think he is?

Gavin Sanders
Gavin Sanders

What did he do? Cheat on a test?

Justin Thomas
Justin Thomas

Worse. We got our SAT scores back today; David's were only in the 90th percentile. Idiot.

Evan Hill
Evan Hill

I just can't hang out with him anymore; hes just too… banal.

Jeremiah Parker
Jeremiah Parker

And he used to be so interesting.

Levi Perez
Levi Perez

Thank God for standardized tests; otherwise you'd never know who your real friends are.

William Nelson
William Nelson

Right; I mean, amusing.

Zachary Sanchez
Zachary Sanchez

See what happens when you give people a chance?

Adam Garcia
Adam Garcia

Daria!

Michael Martin
Michael Martin

Hey guys, wait up!
Daria thread

Henry Wood
Henry Wood

Miss this show.

Ethan Rogers
Ethan Rogers

are you a hairy fat lesbian?

Austin Adams
Austin Adams

You should genuinely go back and watch Daria because it's not as tumblr as you think it was

Also Jane best girl

Lucas Thompson
Lucas Thompson

it's not as tumblr as you think it was

Noah Wood
Noah Wood

Woah, what an unique observation!

Parker Jenkins
Parker Jenkins

I don't know what I'm talking about and have no argument so I'll just copy what you said and post a dead meme

Oliver Scott
Oliver Scott

It was more or less for contrarians though

Owen Gutierrez
Owen Gutierrez

The overall lesson of the show is "If you're wading through the chaos of adolescence, contrarianism is a good tool to keep yourself from fucking your own shit up".

Easton Roberts
Easton Roberts

Weren't there times when her sarcasm and cynicism backfired on her, I don't remember too many episodes very well.

Luis Cook
Luis Cook

Yeah. I forget what episodes, but the episode where she has a breakdown over a cardboard box that brought up her childhood is one of those "You make it really hard to raise you." episodes.

A lot of the episodes centered around Tom go over that too. Especially on the episode where they were both supposed to sleep together for the first time but Daria keeps either second guessing it or reading too much into it all.

Daniel Ortiz
Daniel Ortiz

Diarrhoea cha cha cha.

It was boring and unfunny, the parady being too accurate. All it did was created a feedback loop for future tumblrites.

Logan Murphy
Logan Murphy

No, you just have a bad attitude and no sense of humor.

Leo Hall
Leo Hall

I'll never forget how many girls in Highschool thought that they were Daria and everyone else were Quinns.

Jordan Butler
Jordan Butler

Daria's own feminist speeches where she's supposed to sound sophisticated were often contradictory too.

Jackson Perry
Jackson Perry

Example?

Evan Williams
Evan Williams

It's generic shit. Her (((feminist speeches))) are typical generic prolefeed and often she contradicts herself between episodes.

Mike Judge didn't consent to making a spin-off and had nothing to do with the show. Think about that

Adam Harris
Adam Harris

The epitome of the 90's culture.
Today we can clearly see in that show the tiny cancer cells that spread and grew into current SJW madness, but back then it was just:
slightly cynical
slightly edgy
slightly nonconformist
But now it's clear that it was one of many seeds that blossomed into the death of the West.

Robert Davis
Robert Davis

Welcome to Holla Forums, where fanboys like you are told that the thing you love the most is in reality an overrated shit.

Connor Reed
Connor Reed

I wouldn't have it be any other way.

Carson Richardson
Carson Richardson

/thread
Because Daria was overrated tried too hard and didn't age well. Mike Judge was able to bring back (albeit temporarily) Beavis and Butt-head and it was relevant.

I would be cool that Beavis assertion that Daria killed herself was canon, so the spin-off is just Daria hallucination as she dies.

Jaxson Mitchell
Jaxson Mitchell

It blows my mind that Beavis and Butthead had more of a musical element to it than anything else that's been on MTV in the last decade.

Mason Reyes
Mason Reyes

You're obviously too young to remember the actual manifestations of political correctness that were all over the place in the 90s. Daria wasn't one of them.

Daniel Collins
Daniel Collins

All that means is the later stuff will be much, much worse

Josiah Lee
Josiah Lee

You're trying to outdo Brockfag, but you're not half the autist he could be.

Oliver Sanders
Oliver Sanders

no, i was just living in Poland in the 90's so the PC didnt hit us that hard, but Daria was still aired via german MTV with about a half a year lag from the original airing

Carter Watson
Carter Watson

We need a thread on those.

Parker Brooks
Parker Brooks

just looking at Hitler weakens Captain Planet

Justin Reyes
Justin Reyes

Do it.

Aaron Mitchell
Aaron Mitchell

who said that? ever?
give me a link to the quote pls

also, still think nothing of this show. I somehow never heard of it until years later, which leads me to believe it's terrible and that only contrarians/hipsters like it

Thomas Martin
Thomas Martin

I somehow never heard of it
it's terrible
only contrarians/hipsters like it
logical

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page