We're getting an episode of Gumball done with puppets by the guys who made...

Jackson Hughes
Jackson Hughes

We're getting an episode of Gumball done with puppets by the guys who made Don't Hug Me I'm Scared.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170615015907/http://variety.com/2017/tv/festivals/cartoon-network-amazing-world-of-gumball-puppet-1202462475/

http://variety.com/2017/tv/festivals/cartoon-network-amazing-world-of-gumball-puppet-1202462475/

All urls found in this thread:
https://web.archive.org/web/20170615015907/http://variety.com/2017/tv/festivals/cartoon-network-amazing-world-of-gumball-puppet-1202462475/
http://variety.com/2017/tv/festivals/cartoon-network-amazing-world-of-gumball-puppet-1202462475/
https://www.hooktube.com/watch?v=cm1h7IMiP0s
https://twitter.com/tobiwilson56
Austin Fisher
Austin Fisher

that's pretty cool.

Grayson Diaz
Grayson Diaz

Don't Hug Me I'm Scared

Evan Powell
Evan Powell

Any interesting episodes since the one where Gumball and Darwin learn to skateboard? I've been following the show less than I'd like.

Ayden Hughes
Ayden Hughes

well shit. Considering how redpilled and off the walls crazy this show can feel, it kind of makes sense

also I love it when guest animators make an episode for a show

Sebastian Brown
Sebastian Brown

Only newish one I saw recently was called "the Story" I believe and revolved around Molly. It was pretty darn cute.

Owen Ross
Owen Ross

I don't know. To me, It feels like they're simply trying to find ways to spend their animation budget recently, with their guest artists and all, insted of having good writing or improving on the snarky/ witty humor which made the show what it was. The references and the show falling short on the writing makes me afraid that it might pull a complete spongebob after Bocquelet goes away.

Brandon Gonzalez
Brandon Gonzalez

The Weirdo was pretty adorable. The ending musical number I think is my favorite in the entire series.

Evan Peterson
Evan Peterson

Gumball
When did this show start existing again?

Joseph Bell
Joseph Bell

I'm okay with this.

Evan Myers
Evan Myers

redpilled
people need to start being more selective with that word

Kevin Davis
Kevin Davis

Don't you know user? Normal = Redpilled now. We've gone off the liberal deep end that anything that doesn't conform to their standard is now redpilled.

Jordan Jones
Jordan Jones

This is the only CN show that is actually kinda good the LOLSORUNDUM humor people seem to think it has is not true

Elijah Hughes
Elijah Hughes

What is Gumball doing with his right hand?

David Garcia
David Garcia

The final fantasy episode was pretty fun.

Robert Garcia
Robert Garcia

Probably just feeling him around and being surprised they're puppets.

Camden King
Camden King

redpilled

You didn't see The Love, did you?

Ethan Allen
Ethan Allen

I just has a revolutionary idea. What if puppets were aware they were puppets?

Benjamin Nguyen
Benjamin Nguyen

Fuck yes

Jace Diaz
Jace Diaz

Muh symbolism
Muh I don't want executives/editors

David Edwards
David Edwards

The show's running dry. It happens. We should hope Bocquelet gets a grand finale for the show before he retires.

Camden Adams
Camden Adams

cool

Luke King
Luke King

thought it would be a good show when the commercials first aired
it was—at first
quickly becomes "le boyz drule gills rool XD"
Gumball is treated like Squidward in modern Spongebob, though not as bad
feel like this is because of an anti-cat bias a lot of people have
Why does Holla Forums like this show?

Julian Edwards
Julian Edwards

*or rather, it's another "le boyz drule gills rool XD"

Ryder Cook
Ryder Cook

You should have noticed that when it's shows the dad, he is worse than Homer and Peter Griffin combinated

Aaron Fisher
Aaron Fisher

Don't Hug Me I'm Scared
Overhyped hipster bullshit with a pretentious 2DEEP4U message. Their puppetry and production skills are top-notch though, so I can't complain about that.

Sebastian Watson
Sebastian Watson

It doesn't have a 2DEEP4U message, it was just creepy for the sake of creepy. I think the creators were aware that their shit would get over-analyzed and ran with it. This news is good. Also, both them and Gumball are produced in the UK.

Parker Murphy
Parker Murphy

Gumball just happens to be their only non-Burbank show at the moment

Aaron Wright
Aaron Wright

Pelling, when asked about how the film came about, said that the purpose was "how not to teach something" and "how an abstract concept like creativity is kind of stupid when people try to teach it in a limited way that [they] do". In addition, he comments on how the video is open for interpretation, and how, when different people reach different conclusions about the video, they may all be valid in their own right.[33]
A student writer for Nouse compared the appeal of the first episode to themes in Gothic literature, arguing that they are both "tapping into the same cultural fear of a violent subconscious hiding beneath the facade of normality."[34] In The Wesleyan Argus, another student writer called the series a "fine example of the era of esotericism" and noted that, "There is a building meta-commentary on the relationships between viewer, perception, creator, participant, and art (and perhaps death) that began with the first episode, but what that commentary is trying to say is not yet entirely clear. However, there is an absolute sense that the series is building toward a culmination."[35]

Jaxon Bell
Jaxon Bell

I've been saying for years puppets are where it's at and need to make a come back. Perhaps I need to think about buckling down, learning to make my own decent, non-nightmare fuel puppets, and start a small web series taking a bit of inspiration from "Meet the Feebles".

Landon Reed
Landon Reed

They keep trying to bring back the Muppets but nothing really sticks

Asher Watson
Asher Watson

Last time they brought back the muppets, they gave it the [CURRENT YEAR] treatment.. and just remade 30Rock with Kermit as Tina Fey.

The nuMuppet movies are mostly okay-ish, but they will never be as good as the originals.

Christian Smith
Christian Smith

That's because their recent attempts have just been covered in pozloads.

Isaac Campbell
Isaac Campbell

As previous anons mentioned the failed attempts at bringing back the muppets, there's stop motion which is technically a form of puppetry. But that's never getting popular again because people like Laika, while making good to decent films, can't seem to actually advertise their products well at all.

Lucas Hill
Lucas Hill

Same with Aardman seemingly, though that may be more the fault of the distributors

Eli Butler
Eli Butler

anti cat bias
Nice toxoplasmosis retard

Connor Moore
Connor Moore

My fucking man
Meet the feebles is the shit
one of carpenters earlier films
why has no one on this board seen wonder showzen?

Robert Brooks
Robert Brooks

sorry can't into webm

Nolan Hill
Nolan Hill

this star wipe

Jeremiah Garcia
Jeremiah Garcia

I have seen wonder showzen I even had the series long before Holla Forums became a reality when it was a torrent on 4chan's /t/. But to add to user reply on puppets movies like little shop of horrors was fantastic. Jim Henson had the facial expressions on his creatures so well done It was like no one learn or perfected when they were working with him. Whatever he did that astounded me died with him. I only say this because if anyone did have that same ferocious talent he had in puppetry there would be more puppet shows then just children puppet shows.

Elijah Miller
Elijah Miller

Agreed. The show has been dry for me since Season 4. It started becoming so self-aware and heavy on the pop culture references to the point where watching a single episode is one of the most hollow experiences ever.

I would have been happy if they ended on Season 3. It felt more like a final season in a sense that lots of questions were answered, the Void rectified all the ideas of retconning and status quo, Penny's arc as a character (and the Fitzgeralds') went no further after "The Shell", and the show and it's world's existence itself was analyzed to bits in "The Money." From what I've seen Season 4 and later, they re-instated everything that was already established (and implied) but just upped the production and set pieces.

"The Choices" was a well-made episode, and possibly the best post-S4 episode, but was it really neccessary? We already have an idea of Nicole and Richard's early history by inference through Gumball and Penny. The relationship between each other, and Nicole and her parents, was heartbreakingly realistic, but it was nothing unexpected. We have the first depection of pre-marital sex in a kids show, yes, but Ben already hinted at it years before it aired on his Twitter. Some people like it, I like it, but it was only a realization of the lore already implied and discussed online.

Once "The Puppets" was announced, I had the feeling that Gumball was going to the way of how The Simpsons is today, relying on guest animators and the trend of the day, rather than the unique imagination produced in-house.

Oliver Garcia
Oliver Garcia

I just wish they'd release the OST. I don't really care about the show at this point but some of the music in it is downright god tier.

Jacob Murphy
Jacob Murphy

That would be great. I wonder if Intrada can get the rights to release an OST set one day.

Nathan Bell
Nathan Bell

"The Choices" was a well-made episode
I think you're watching the wrong show. Maybe you're looking for SU.

Adam Morales
Adam Morales

What are Holla Forums's thought on this show?

Gabriel King
Gabriel King

I'd like to read your arguments against "The Choices." It's nowhere near perfect, but I sometimes do like it when TAWOG tries to be emotionally sentimental and manipulative. "The Shell" is unashamedly my favorite episode because it was the most impactful and memorable for me in a way impossible if it was as calculated and witty as others.

Owen Edwards
Owen Edwards

This post makes me blackpilled

Connor Long
Connor Long

I'd like to read your arguments against "The Choices."
Not that user but
half of the episode was yet another rehashed of "The Plan"
all the alternate "futures" were just product of Nicole's imagination so her "choice" for Richard had no weight. Nothing was real.
Unnecessary, shitty retcons
Nicole's parents are the generic, boring asshole parents and a plot device
OOC Jojo
OOC Richard
The only reason people actually think the episode is good is because of the manipulative segment at the end.

Mason Miller
Mason Miller

Fuck off with that shit. If you have no rats/mice nearby, then no disease. And, that doesn't excuse my point.
Now how about you actually argue for why this shit is "good" instead of the trash-heap argument you presented.

Cooper Lewis
Cooper Lewis

mtv
i wish

Sebastian White
Sebastian White

I think it's because they spend all their money on actually making the movie and don't have much left over for advertising.

Luis Young
Luis Young

That'd make sense.

Jose White
Jose White

maybe someday there will be another, have hope

Justin Adams
Justin Adams

I thought they don't actually market their own movies

David Flores
David Flores

I miss the old, cute Gumball

Jonathan White
Jonathan White

I wish gumball would just end

Isaiah Harris
Isaiah Harris

tfw no cute nympho catboy to fuck to exhaustion
i wish my life would just end

Jace Carter
Jace Carter

I do too

Matthew Long
Matthew Long

He's technically a niglet, or half-breed so he'd be an early bloomer too, which is a thing amongst their kind. Expect him to shoot the goo at 9 or 10 respectively if he played with himself nonstop around that threshold long enough.

Cameron Nguyen
Cameron Nguyen

i thought the niglet was darwin

Ian Sanchez
Ian Sanchez

He's technically a niglet, or half-breed
You are fucking stupid

Austin King
Austin King

He is the one voiced by a black kid.

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson

non-nightmare fuel puppets
That is extremely important, vid related.

Ian Walker
Ian Walker

Oh my god, it's David Liebe Hart.

Jordan Wright
Jordan Wright

Is that the Caveman Spongebob meme?

Josiah Ward
Josiah Ward

No

Juan Brown
Juan Brown

We still got Darwin.
And Gumball is still likable despite likable, since he kinda knows the things he does are often stupid and/ or dumb, but he acts impulsively.

Unlike fucking a-holes like Spongebob.

Lucas Foster
Lucas Foster

Gumball is still likable
Gumball is an annoying asshole, user. Even nuSpongebob is better than him.

Tyler Moore
Tyler Moore

I was saying t. Gondii is bad and there a reason people don't like cats.

Jacob Lopez
Jacob Lopez

Spongebob
worse than Gumball
Fuck off

Jeremiah Foster
Jeremiah Foster

a-holes
Please be 18 years or older, before browsing this site.

Jaxson Nelson
Jaxson Nelson

Reported for underaged.

Gavin Morgan
Gavin Morgan

Even by normal standards this show is bluepilled as fuck, what are you on about? they snuck in some "lol glompf is a dictator xD" joke and unironically use words like "manbaby". it's pretty much AT-lite. Not to say it isn't fun to watch though.

Liam Lopez
Liam Lopez

"lol glompf is a dictator xD" joke
unironically use words like "manbaby"
What episode?

Oliver Wright
Oliver Wright

"lol glompf is a dictator xD" joke
I think he meant this.

Gumball used to be just funny shenanigans and weird gags, but these days it's nothing but memes and references.

Eli Kelly
Eli Kelly

Bane?

Evan Nelson
Evan Nelson

It's the last season, so they'll trying to use everything

Noah Gutierrez
Noah Gutierrez

last season
It's not. There are going to be at least 3 more seasons.

Daniel Smith
Daniel Smith

"lol glompf is a dictator xD"
Maybe I'm just sheltered, but I swear that I never see these weird names outside of here.

Matthew Adams
Matthew Adams

After the creator left?

Nathan Perez
Nathan Perez

Yes

Jeremiah Torres
Jeremiah Torres

Cringe

Dylan Gonzalez
Dylan Gonzalez

That's not so bad. Can't trumpfags take a joke?

David Perez
David Perez

Considering how him and his base are universally mocked, they have become hostile to the little things.

Jaxson Hernandez
Jaxson Hernandez

because keeping a herd of feral cats and licking their shit off your fingers can give you a parasite it's a reason to dislike cats
Sounds like a filthy buttmad dog lover, tbh. Disgusting animals that frequently kill and maim innocent servicepeople (package delivery and mailmen lol!!! they get chased and mauled for doing their job because you want to keep a filthy loud dangerous piece of shit in your house so funneh XD and then you'll cry when the fleabitten cur gets the needle like it should ;_; wah wah dindunuffin). Dogs spread rabies and also they shit on your floor.

Brandon Fisher
Brandon Fisher

New episodes when

Carson Foster
Carson Foster

At least you live in the country where there are laws to punish irresponsible owners and put down stray dogs. Here in Russia we have dogs run amuck, not because our police can't enforce such laws, but because retarded dog lovers with their bleeding hearts fight them tooth and nail. It got to the point where there was entire movement of "doghunters" who poisoned stray dogs with tuberculosis antibiotic - which, as any vigilantism does, opened its own ugly can of worms.

Christopher James
Christopher James

Is Gumball worth watching? It always looked like "12 year old screams his head off" to me.

Isaiah Perez
Isaiah Perez

Man, whose dog killed your cat? Who forbid you of owning a cat? What provoked such emotional investment there?

Hunter Brown
Hunter Brown

(Checked)
uhhhhh YOU'RE WRONG!!!!!!!

Asher Barnes
Asher Barnes

First season is pretty rough, but the second season is solid.

Dominic Bailey
Dominic Bailey

First season was cute

Julian Moore
Julian Moore

It wasn't sure what it wanted to be.

Anthony Mitchell
Anthony Mitchell

Yeah but he gets to bang Nicole, so y'know. Whatever.

Nathaniel Richardson
Nathaniel Richardson

Cool

Josiah Collins
Josiah Collins

That wasn't the joke. The joke was "Make an intimidating face"

Zachary Ramirez
Zachary Ramirez

What

Nolan Mitchell
Nolan Mitchell

The show is "le boyz sux grrill rox" since the beginning, the mother is an iron woman that hold the entire family and the father is a morbid obese retarded child.

Jacob Hernandez
Jacob Hernandez

Prove it

Austin Kelly
Austin Kelly

trips
You need to do it user.

Logan Clark
Logan Clark

And?

Nolan Sanders
Nolan Sanders

it's baby

Christian Jones
Christian Jones

All this talk of puppets reminds me, I wonder how Maxwell Atom's puppet Mad Max kickstarter video is coming along.

Thomas Sanchez
Thomas Sanchez

So when it continues, will user revive the MEGA?

Luke Stewart
Luke Stewart

Still going, he posts updates once in a while.

Brody Butler
Brody Butler

Lovecraft would know all about "beings that love to watch you fritter and scurry for their own amusement" seeing as his wife was a Jew.

Jayden Ward
Jayden Ward

New episodes when

Asher Watson
Asher Watson

never ever never

Dominic Watson
Dominic Watson

Damn.

Connor King
Connor King

I work in a retail store which sells food, and because of the stupidass "M-MUH FUR BABY ;_;" fuckers sperging out when they can't bring their pitbulls and pomeranians into the store, we have to clean up dog shit and piss from the produce area weekly
It's unsanitary, but these idiots don't care if poochie shits by the egg display or pisses on the watermelon box
Some assholes are even bringing their snakes, birds, and cats into the store now
b-but the car is hot
Then leave the little waste of space at home, goddamn it's not hard to figure out

Jacob Richardson
Jacob Richardson

People actually bring their pets into stores other than petsmart? I thought it was common sense to not bring them into any store that was made for pets.

Henry Anderson
Henry Anderson

I thought it was common sense
You would think that. I also work retail. In the past year there's been a lot more people bringing pets in probably because management stopped doing anything about it. Most people don't even pretend they're service animals anymore. Some retarded woman once walked her dog through the store before her shift during her first week. She was in her 50s and didn't even know better or care.
There was one "service dog" that shat on the floor and acted very erratic. thank god I had just got off and it wasn't my job to clean it No vest, but the owner had paperwork. Supervisor and I knew it was bullshit, but there isn't much we can do if they have paperwork. I want to tell these people to fuck off or keep their pets outside, but the most I can do is inform management who doesn't give a shit.

Daniel Cooper
Daniel Cooper

If management doesn't give a shit anyway, why not enforce your own rules? Deny entry/service to people with pets, if they complain to the manager chances are he still won't give two shits.

Justin Diaz
Justin Diaz

furry

Dylan Turner
Dylan Turner

Cringe

Dominic Edwards
Dominic Edwards

Are you cringing because it's true?
You know fucking Holla Forums is EXACTLY what the episode describes, right?

Aaron Howard
Aaron Howard

Director Brown is not furry. He is hairy.

Grayson Phillips
Grayson Phillips

You haven't watched the episode, did you?

David Carter
David Carter

Why do we need to check our privilege?

Carter Miller
Carter Miller

Nice pentuplets.

William Torres
William Torres

Why do you waifufags like this awful character so much?
What you got there, Gumball?
It’s an ice cream cone.
GIVE IT TO ME. NOW
WHAT? NO. I bought it with my money!
Your money, Gumball? Who gave you that money? Yes, it was ME. You bought that ice cream with MY money. That ice cream is mine by right but it’s fine. Keep it. You are a MAN.
Ehh? What did you mean this?
We women work harder than MEN but MEN always take all our things. Our money, our rights, our bodies, OUR ICE CREAM. Know what? Fuck you little MAN! You are grounded! FUCK MEN 22% WAGE GAP

>Hey Gumball, look at this painting of Jesus and virgin Mary.
Cool. Do you know if the artist got a tumblr or a Patreon?
HAHAHAHAHA nice internet reference, Gumball. This is why our show is so good. Who needs jokes when you can make references? Now tell me, Gumball, who is god in this painting?
>Dah, Jesus. He is our lord and savior.
But that is WRONG. MARY IS GOD. YOU WANNA KNOW WHY, GUMBALL? BECAUSE SHE MADE JESUS. Jesus was just a MAN. God isn’t a man, she is a WOMAN. A FUCKING GODDESS. Jesus is god? That is a lie of patriarchy. A MAN MADE LIE.
What?! What are you talking about?
And tell me, Gumball. Where is god right now?
Mom I-
I AM HERE GUMBALL AND I AM GOD! YES, GOD. I MADE YOU! I AM YOUR GOD. YOU HAVE TO WORSHIP ME. WOMEN ARE GODDESS, MEEEEN ARE NOTHING. FUCK MEN AND FUCK PATRIARCHY

MOM NO! Stop touch me down there! This, this is rape!
Rape? This can't be rape, Gumball
Why not?
because MEEEEN CAN'T BE RAPED! ONLY WOMEN ARE VICTIM. I AM THE VICTIM HERE GUMBALL. I AM A TERRIBLE MOTHER AND WIFE BUT I AM THE VICTIM. I CAN'T DO WRONG. I AM A WOMEN.

Gumball, you are grounded
WAIT WHAT? WHY?
Because you are a MAAAAN

Kevin Powell
Kevin Powell

I-I don't remember that in the show

Ayden Barnes
Ayden Barnes

Nigga are you on drugs?

Nicholas Brown
Nicholas Brown

*Nigger

Ryder Wilson
Ryder Wilson

*Nibba

Easton Cox
Easton Cox

Stop snorting adderall you junkie bitch.

Dylan Long
Dylan Long

No, I'm talking about people whining about SJWs so they become SJWs. That's 8ch in a nutshell.

Gavin Cook
Gavin Cook

Gee, i wonder who's behind this post

Leo Hernandez
Leo Hernandez

Hey /tv/

Lucas Robinson
Lucas Robinson

HAHAHAHAHA nice internet reference, Gumball. This is why our show is so good. Who needs jokes when you can make references?
This is why the show is shit now

Lucas Cox
Lucas Cox

Except they actually do it well, did you not see how they took down SJWs?

Kayden Young
Kayden Young

Did you? The episode was unfunny AND pro-SJW. Gumball was not the sjw. Carmen was.

Zachary Long
Zachary Long

wat save

Logan Lee
Logan Lee

What's the story behind that cat?
I've heard it was put in a oven, lit on fire, and that it's just a regular cat and nothing happened, any light for me?

Angel Gomez
Angel Gomez

Might be some allergies or irritation.

Dominic Murphy
Dominic Murphy

Poor cat

Owen Powell
Owen Powell

https://www.hooktube.com/watch?v=cm1h7IMiP0s
LOL

Kayden Hall
Kayden Hall

What is that sneaky cat planning this time?

Jaxon Garcia
Jaxon Garcia

https://twitter.com/tobiwilson56

If Gumball was supposed to be the anti-SJW in the episode by doing bad things like doxing and opening old wounds, something SJWs do as well, then it can be seen to have an ambiguous dichotomy. If one of the key writers on the show (and episode) doesn't recognize this irony in the first place, I suppose the joke is on him as well.
Yes, that's the real Tobias, and somehow he's worse than cartoon Tobias. Looks like he even has more Twitter meltdowns than President Trump!

Easton Hughes
Easton Hughes

LOL

Asher Gutierrez
Asher Gutierrez

1 voice actor accounts for the show's opinion
Nice try but dumb opinions won't stop me from enjoying this show.

Connor Nelson
Connor Nelson

Tobi Wilson
voice actor

I've watched Gumball since its premiere back in May of 2011 and something tells me you just found out about it. These (including Tobi) are writers who work on the show. At first I could care less about their liberal viewpoints, as they are upper-middle class Europeans who live near Central London, but ever since Humpfty Drumpfty took office they obviously started to put their politics into the show. It's cringeworthy af and it only makes it worse that the humor took a nosedive from clever jokes to surface-level pop culture references. If the humor was as good or better than the glory days of seasons 2 & 3 it would have been more tolerable. That unfortunately isn't the case. It's almost as bad as people say Rick & Morty is today around here yet people still eat it up.

And I noticed this nosedive early on around the start of Season 4, before they had any time to release any episodes going after Drumpf. I started to see through the tired "deepest lore" formula, and so did the staff. Now they just rely on pop culture references, as opposed to influences for jokes.

Easton Jones
Easton Jones

LOL
/reddit/index.html

Gabriel Harris
Gabriel Harris

L O L

Caleb Thomas
Caleb Thomas

TOP KEK
O
P

K
E
K

Hudson Ortiz
Hudson Ortiz

If Gumball was supposed to be the anti-SJW
The Best was pro sjw. Carmen was the sjw and she was won.

Jeremiah Allen
Jeremiah Allen

I already get that. Because of that, the irony is louder.

Jacob Ortiz
Jacob Ortiz

You're not making the situation any better.

Julian Garcia
Julian Garcia

how so

Isaiah Nelson
Isaiah Nelson

the writers are SJW shit
But of course

David Ramirez
David Ramirez

Nope.

Logan Lopez
Logan Lopez

Then they wouldn't have pissed as much SJW as they did with that recent episode where Gumball acted like one. Seriously, the meltdown was epic, with almost all the fanbase claiming to leave the show forever.

Maybe the mocking Trump episode is just to bring them back?

Blake Brooks
Blake Brooks

some stupid people got triggered by an out of context clip
OMG IT WAS EPIC
Imagine being this stupid

Justin Bell
Justin Bell

Anyone catch "The Nuisance"?

It's like they WANT porn to be made of it.

Too bad furry artists will snub the flesh personas and it will never happen.

Nicholas Long
Nicholas Long

I would watch it but anons friggin Mega is down.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page