Who the fuck is Garfield?

The funny talking cat.

I don't see any cat.

The one who has your pipe.

Who?

Why do I always feel like something's missing

I wish the emptiness would go away

garfield cat

What happened to our man Jon? Our pal Johnny? Our friend Johnathan?

His real name is Jim Davis

Garfield is real? Where did you find this photograph?

who

Why is Jim letting Jon sit on the table? And who is this cat you all keep speaking of?

these are surprisingly good without gramsfeld

Someone say…

ANT THREAD?!

What ants?

Move over Holla Forums, now we've got the shitty kino.

You just skipped to the end, right user? you didn't just watch the results of a sex survey for nearly four hours, right?

He writes Jon as a loser cartoonist, but still makes him more handsome than he is

Jesus

Everyone is making fun of how unfunny his cartoons are but to be honest if Jim Davis is anything like in this doc then more power to him for having the time of his life while profiting off of gullible newspaper agencies and chinese merchandise factories.

Get a load of this assmunching faggot.

it actually was pretty good back in the 80s when he was in total control of it but the whole thing's been ghost written for the better part of 20 years now.

I think that the 80s is when the art as well was the best. There was also the most different settings, especially in those sunday strips.

This. His original stuff was excellent. His latest shit isn't even done by him and its as hollow and soulless as the canadian cg cartoon.

That is the single best video in the history of YouTube

Yes.

His chicks are kinda hot too

They sure are.

How is this possible?

They aren't the most recent ones. Notice the dates.

I kinda want to fuck Arlene

I tried.

What if Jon Arbuckle's actually really handsome but he doesn't realize it?

Like many of us he's average, but his lack of social standing and grace keeps him from attracting women.

Stealth Davis in the first one. He also appears in the strip for the 10 year anniversary, I think.

Holy shit

3rd panel needs the broom to be taller.

Who knows.

*teleports behind you*
I am the 1 they all fear
I am…THE GARFIELD!!!!!!!!!

Garfield kinda hit a peak in the 80s and early 90s. Garfield and Friends is actually legitimately good.

*teleports behind you*

Eh.

It doesn't really look that different when you post the older comics with digital coloring.
I mean, yeah the older ones had more dynamic shading, but the girls look about the same

Sucks to be you.

Women in Garfield comic strips

shit pisses me off

there was one strip that ended with Garfield depressed for being a dick to her, but not having the guts to admit it

Was that the first one?
Here's some more bullying, too.

Nice

Holy moly is every cut actually individually acted and edited.

Why's he smiling?

Go at 4:31:44

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING ?
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ENDING ?
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Because it's based on the panel.

Yeah, that was the first one.

I always thought it was oddly poignant for a garfield strip.

Yes it is, or at least they had several takes thereof. The clock advances at every individual phone call, in some cases they also humor the person's funny names.

Every video is them taking the piss out of how high and mighty the guys behind Garfield are. They act like it's the second coming of Christ and a clever observation on the world, so the guys behind Lasagnacat play the strip out in that same manner.

The ending is, if you don't mind spoilers from figuring it out on your own (if you do want it on your own, you need to find someone who speaks Polish for the end):
The "strip" they mock in this episode is actually the entire comic itself. They are constantly repeating and depending on the punchline, in this case what the person at the door says, you might get a moderate laugh or nothing. The newspaper even mentions a joke recurring constantly that confuses people. The final door knock in which John says he's had two sexual partners and the other John says it's only one is just a normal joke, as far as I know, though you could interpret the John saying 2 as being from the future, which will make sense in a bit.
So now we see John walking the streets with interviews of Jim Davis over the years talking about how great the strip is. He ages throughout this scene, which is meant to be John's appearance if he ages since 1984, the birth of the comic. He's clearly depressed, and this is just about John being unfulfilled throughout his life, being a constant thing that never evolves and he wilts away into old age with nothing to show for it.
Then we come up to the "tribal" scene, in which John seems depressed and it's implied Garfield is dead. Without Garfield, he has nothing, and spirals even further. Then he sees a strange man in the distance, and as the man approaches, it's a humanised Garfield. The Garfieldman interacts with him, and he turns to worms, as if he has died and has now become compost.
Now we have the childbirth scene, in which woman gives birth to a child in the toilet. It's in this setting as it's unimpressive and boring, unlike a hospital. It's just a shitty, run down toilet. So now the child is born, the Polish woman says something along the lines of "my soul is damned, i am cursed to rebirth this evil thing constantly", then we cut back to the child and it's wearing John's shirt, then a small, thin cat jumps up next to him.
This is meant to be the birth of the new comic strip every day. Think of how in South Park, Kenny got reborn every time by his mother. The woman in this is Jim David, constantly giving birth to the same shitty thing every day. The cat is the same colour as Garfield, but is also young like the new John, as he is thin. The setting of a toilet is just to show how unceremonious the whole thing is.
You can interpret the scene in the mountains with Garfieldman as John coming to terms that he is nothing without Garfield and just accepts death. Also, it's set up similarly to a strip: John does something, Garfield interacts with him, John gets emotional then the strip ends.

A cat who doesnt exist

Also every single manikin is different and custom made. At least the heads anyway.