Stroytime: Spooky Campire Stories Edition

TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE

Three spooky stories, done by the same guys that made Locke and Key. They were originally intended as TV scripts for The Tales from the Darkside revival, but were turned into a comic when Joe hill was unable to sell them. First is a self-contained comic, second is a two issue story, and last one is another one-shot.

Other urls found in this thread:

volafile.org/r/bjjp8ehc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And that's the end of the 1st issue.

Issue #2. It's a two parter.

That's it for the second story.

Issue #4, and the last story.

And that's it. I uploaded comics onto Holla Forums's vola as well.
volafile.org/r/bjjp8ehc

Just read the first issue. Thanks for this OP. I love the work that Hill and Rodriguez do together. Just the right balance of gruesome, tragic, and bittersweet. Not hyperviolent to the point of being it's own parody, but not so limp wristed as to undermine the gravitas of the story.

Man the tv show used to freak me out can't believe they make comic of it. Nice.

Ooh I actually own this comic. Nice to see it story timed here.

I hear they're trying to resurrect the show on the CW.

It's interesting that they're making the Darkside itself an actual thing. From what I remember of the show it seemed more metaphorical and didn't play much into the episodes since they are self contained usually.

plz no

Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
But…there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit…a darkside.

Welp. Fuck this.

Seriously, dude?

not that guy, but it's definitely a pattern

Eh, in the first story protagonist was an average but well-meaning and nice Chad who just fucked up once and he was a blonde too. He even feels guilty about it despite the case being partly out of his control, and about his parents bailing him out. That alone makes him better than most teenagers.
Blonde agent in second story is not an asshole either, but just a suit who does his job and acts a little bit smug.

Fuck I can hear it in my head
Show was seriously underrated
Dark side, twilight zone, and tales from the crypt are GOAT spooky show trio

what transgender bathroom?

I know right! Honestly, I'd argue that those episodes are better than most modern horror movies.