Marvel x Boku no Hero

We all know that Marvel had a cross over with AoT (however you feel about that). So, hypothetically, if Marvel can stop being a cancerous waste that survives solely through heros they aren't giving any respect, how would a cross over between their universe and BnHA play out?

I would especially like to see the X-men switch places with the UA students. The X-men see a world that embraces their differences and the UA students in a world that sees them as freaks.

for the record, I am talking about Classic Marvel, not Nu Marvel.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20170419120440/http://8ch.net/a/res/625527.html
readms.net/r/vigilante/00/3637/1
readms.net/r/vigilante/007+ Alpha/4221/9
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cross it over with Astro City and you've got a more interesting thread

I'd more like to see DC cross over with hero academia, honestly.

Think how amazed the HA class could be at someone like batman who has no quirk and is probably the best hero.

Do not drag down BNHA by associating it with big two garbage.

It was a shitty attempt to cash in on a flavor of the month anime almost a year after it stopped being popular, and even then, most people didn't even know it was happening and didn't read any of those god awful comics.. like the one where some dudebro touches a woman at a convention and she turns into a titan.

Personally, I wouldn't want them doing another crossover with anyone. Marvel needs to curl up and die already.

Anime is to good for western comics.

Everything is too good for western comics.

BNHA is a good read.

t. reader

>>>/a/

And scared/excited over the cosmic-level threats that assail Earth on occasion. Bakugou in particular would probably ruin his pants at the idea of fighting the God of Tyranny.

Face it, user, Tsu is frog Spider-Man, Eraserhead is Batman with a power canceler, and All-Might is like a fusion of Superman and Captain Marvel. You can't escape it, and frankly MHA emulates the best of both companies from times when they had some idea what they were doing.

Boku No Hero Academia is not a superhero story. Its a shonnen story no different from Naruto. But Marvel is SO shit at the moment then even the most generic Shonnen story would improve theirs by 50%

>>>/a/
Anime is NOT GOOD

Battle shounen and superhero stories have a pretty large intersect.

Those are some hefty accusations. But yes, it does embody the spirit of what capes were supposed to be. I just hope it doesn't become the new One Piece and never ends. Otherwise that's emulating comics again in the worst way possible without going SJW.

Superficially only and only the worst aspects.

I don't know about you, but lets say the Incredibles:

What makes superhero battles cool and good is environment and scenario. They gotta use wits to overcome superior opponents, or do it without harming others.

Battle Shonen is always in a flat arena where two people spam the most BS superpowers at each other until the other target dies. Or they reveal that they where being smart all along the camera just didn't show it because fuck you.

I figure it'll stop once Midoriya becomes fully licensed Deku Might, having passed all his training and bested All For One for good.

Yeah? I think this series has the Superheroics thing down pretty well. It especially gets what makes a sincere superhero.

Anime goes on /a/.

Daily reminder that this thread would have warranted a ban

on /a/

One could make a rational argument that Superhero comics also have this kind of ass pull that can be found in Shonen.

Take superman killing Doomsday for example. that entire fight come down to who can hit other one hard enough until they are dead. Whether or not you like that fight is up to you but let us not beat around the bush.

Also, there are Shonen manga that can pull some real cool fights that don't rely on just beating each other up. Hunter x Hunter is lousy with examples. a good fight would be Gon vs Genthru.

Well heres my opinion:

It doesn't. Its just that our current superhero environment is so shit, that by pure accident it looks like it does (fuck 90s superheroes look like sainst in comparson to modern heroes).

Shonen likes making its protagonists victims spurned by a cruel world to spur easy sentimentality. It's shallow doesn't make sense but its done all the time.

By pure accident, they changed the generic mush that shonen plots do too "Superheroes". It could have been Ninjas, or Samurai, or Smueezelborgs whatever.

Because WE are so sick of self-centered superheroes, it looks like the show is satirizing the self-centered superheroes that we know of.

But thats not the case. It would do that regularly anyway. It's just shit at telling its story. The heroes never really face personal challenges, or really experience personal inner struggle with what its like to be a superhero.

Its more a case of that the world is created unrealistically, so that the protagonist is made to look more like a boyscout when he overcomes it. Again: This is a standard anime trope.

Oh at the moment yes. Superhero stories are full of that awful garbage. But thats because of a fall of quality, not because good shonen have taken their place.

Also I have not watched Hunter X Hunter sorry.

FMA had some good fights, but that had a good longterm story and had an actual plot plot. Not just a shonnen plot.

Guys, we all know that both Battle Shounen and Capes are 90% shit, maybe a bit more than that lately. Why even argue?

A crossover with DC would be better since they're the original gangsters heroes who served as the primary icons of superheroism before Whedon's damn movies changed the perception of the masses. Although All-Might is like the perfect blend of Super Man and Captain America, except he's somehow japanese.

Because the meido is a two-faced prick.

He turns a blind eye to things?

I didn't believe you and looked it up. He actually is fucking Japanese.

Anime and manga go on /a/.
This board is for Western comics and cartoons.

god you're a faggot user.

You're one of those faggots that thinks Tiger and Bunny is just weebshit, aren't you?

Wrong board.

I'm guessing he's a westaboo then?

It's anime. Goes on /a/. Not hard to understand.

I get a feeling that All-might is a Westaboo.

But this thread is about Anime AND Comics.

>>>/a/

Most definitely.

That, and he probably has ancestry in the American military.

Reminder that anime goes on /a/.

Not hard to understand

Goes on /a/.

It would explain his blonde hair. That or he dyes it or it's a part of his quirk. Any of these options could work.

Nope, A Superhero world is also more nonsense. But I mentioned allot more then just "Unrealistic" which you ignored.

It's Superhero comics exist unrealistically because they last forever A, and can't progress organically without warping to something radically different B.

This world is warped to maximize sappy sentimentality A, and also to make the setting more like a highschool because that splooges in the pants of Japanese people B.

anime is gay

Not all Battle Shounen is Naruto tier garbage.

Out of curiosity, how far did you get into MHA?

Just most is and MHA is Just a Re-skinned Naruto.

And this is coming from somebody who was Initially excited for MHA, and read 100 Chapters.

Open your mind, you know this to be true. Its just another naruto.

100 Chapters.

No, a lot of it is also Bleach tier garbage. Very different.
Yeah probably, I haven't read too much of it actually.

If only one superhero from the west met the BHA crew who would be the best pick?

Not bad. They're going into proper hero missions these days. Learning such things as willing hostages and stakes.

No question about it, Superman. Truth, Justice, and the American Way meets the Symbol of Peace.

And is it resolved any differently? Because at the 100 Point all that happened is that the writer would just write away any hostages or environmental hazards to focus on the really dull monotonous combat (At best somebody would be in an injured position with the hero sorta protecting them kinda).

And what fucking bullshit is "100" being not bad. That's awful pacing if the idea is you read the first 100, but then are the next 100 going to be something better?

Well, user, the difference between us seems to be that I'm still enjoying the manga up to and beyond that point. Also, I wouldn't call the last hostage situation written off so much as handled by the way the characters interacted. One For All vs All For One was the distraction/occupying fight, strictly speaking, until the hostage was rescued. The banter between those two was enjoyable, if not necessarily memorable save for a few key points, in any case.

Not resolved yet. Hostage was willing in order to protect Deku. Villain's power appears to be breaking down and repairing matter by touch. They're trying to figure out a way around that without getting atomized, as brute forcing this guy is suicide. I predict that they'll have to fight smarter if they don't want to lose Tintin.

FTFY

I think Spider-man would be a great pick. It would be interesting to see a guy who's superhero career is fraught with disent from civilians and other heroes.

That would definitely be great. It would be funny to see how other heroes react to the fact that Supes doesn't have just one power, but a whole gaggle of them.

There's an anime board.

Well Enjoyment is subjective and not what the argument is really about. Its about how this is just pure Battle Shonen with a Superhero skin, and not a Superhero story.

Much of this story shot itself in the foot by making a standard Origin for the superpowers, because of that's much of what's interesting in super heroics. How the Black Sorcerer is fooling a Mad scientist into entering the realm of the dead to use his robot army to mine for the lost heart of the 666th Son of the Demonking, and so the hero has to fight the army atop a giant drilling rig as the timer is running out.

How elaborate the superpowers are is not usually the case for superheroes (That's what Shonen does to compensate for its bland and flat environment), its the scenario, environment and trickery.

Superhero comics still draw more on Pulp for inspiration. Like Flash Gordon or the like.

Ya know that if I post this on /a/, I would get shit for posting a thread that also talked about comics. Where do you propose a thread that talks about BOTH comics and manga?

I propose you don't.

I propose you fuck off.

NO.

For fucks sake, NO. I don't know where you got this notion but the 503rd retelling of spiderman getting bit by a radioactive spider is the MOST boring part of being a fan of this shit. The fact that we have to cover and recover this same ground every other movie is terribly dull. Having every other new author to the book try to put his mark on the character by adding their own twist or take to the same origin is just lame.

By removing most the dry, dull origin story and giving everyone a power they avoid all of that, and also delve deeper into a society of supers way more than western comics ever did. in HA there's people performing eugenics for kids with the right powersets, there's a government set up that recognizes powers.

The worst part of orign stories in western comics they ignore precedence and logic to spur drama. In marvel captain america (black) can't even submit video footage as evidence. there's still a legal and social stigma attached to mutants even though every other dumb mutherfucker on the planet could get superpowers some other way, yet there's somehow a difference if only so the writers can have something to paint ignorant whites as racist over. They've had powers for decades but they act like its still day 20 of month 0 of superhero emergence in terms of organization and general "getting their shit together".

That's not an argument in favor of mutancy, it's an argument for not reprinting another "Spiderman Origins" book. And I'd agree with you there.

Because Western Comics are supposed to be more of people stories. Comics worked best when you didn't have to take into account that every Marvel property exists and operates in the same world. It makes no sense that only like 5 guys would be fighting a world-threatening entity because everyone will ask "Where's Thor? Where's Iron Man?" and they're completely justified in doing so. It's okay if you follow an Eastern approach of usually only having one depiction of a fictional Universe in syndication at any given time, but Western Comics expect hundreds of different books to have internal consistency.
That being said, I want to know how people get their powers and how they deal with that change. It's fine to say "this guy just is mutant so powers" but then why aren't there a shit ton more evil mutants with planet-threatening capabilities? You're telling me there hasn't been a single reality-warper whose decided to become God-Emperor of mankind? The closest we got was Mad Jim Jaspers, who has been completely forgotten.

I'll agree with you there, I like any story that covers the more human aspects of such a change. But i'll add that I don't think west or east covers this aspect particularly well.

Spiderman has his powers for all of a couple of hours before he's in a costume beating up bad guys. His experience getting to know his power is covered in a brief montage if that and the only time his life intersects with these changes is if he's on 'superhero business' so to speak. and while comics are eager to retell how a hero got his powers, few if any are willing to take a look back at a time when the character was just learning about his powers after the origin story.

On the other side of the coin, HA has people develop their quirks at age 4 so by the time you meet the classmates, they are teenagers and they've already had their quirk for years so you don't really get to see them adjust to it. But one thing HA does do well to cover for this is make midoria quirkless, It shows him growing into owning this new superpower pretty well.

adding to this, MHA is essentially one long origin story for midoriya. The story even says so in the anime at the beginning of every episode, "by the way, this is the story of how I became the greatest super hero"

Wouldn`t that be bad writing + having to get more characters fighting said bad guy?

I kind of take a sick glee that a single shonen manga is basically out hero-ing both Marvel and DC.

If they ever did a crossover with marvel I have to image a few shots fired with the cast from MHA getting really freaked out at just how quickly the Marvel universe wants to fight hero on hero rather than fighting the villains.

Sadly I think the last time Marvel actually acknowledged the morals of superheroing was in Spiderman and the X-men where Spidey spends the whole mini-series trying to teach the kids that it isn't healthy to see the whole world as their enemy and that maybe an elite combat unit that things that way might worry some people.

Come to think of it having that X-men class with spidey as teacher crossing over with MHA would probably the least Marvel could shit on itself in the scenario.

You didn't even read anything else I said.

By Standardizing Backstories, you removed 90% of the environment and 90% of what Villains can do. What makes super villains different, are super villainous PLOTS.

Supervillains don't just take 1 guy hostage, they take a whole CITY hostage with some kind of artifact that teleports them into a different dimension.

With everybody pretty much being a mutants, there is no content of stuff for everybody to draw upon for interesting plots sans their own superpowers.

Also, MHA World still makes no sense (The world exists as it does to be more like a motherfucking HIGHSCHOOL), so they cut off 99% of things to do in story (Sans Naruto Fighting), for the payoff of Naruto Fights.

You like Anime Naruto fights, that's fine, but stop pretending that this somehow makes more sense A, and that this is anything like the best of superhero writing B. Characters act slightly less like tools, and there is more fanservice.

what

It was an Ok little time sink, but people were looking for something with a little more substance and Marvel hasn't had substance since the 2000s.

Shit, here's a page i forgot to post.

Eddie Brock is the answer

I specifically asked you to say what you'd think of the cross over if Marvel WASN'T pozzed, because we all know they can't be. I said classic Marvel because I already know current Marvel is shit.

If it was longer than eight pages we could have seen Ronin Red or Atlas or Fin Fang Foom fight the Titans.
Namor or Thor or the FF are always good against giants. We could have seen Wolverine get swallowed then cut his way out, or Namor use the Horn of Atlantis to call up some giant sea monsters, Mister Fantastic get chewed like gum, the Thing caught in a Titan's mouth, knocking teeth out from the inside, shit this practically writes itself. And what do we get? eight pin-ups, and a lot of captions telling us that a bunch of Titans are eating people. This is like all the most shit parts of Western and Manga storytelling combined. It's a JOKE. Present-day Marvel is a JOKE. You hand these motherfuckers a golden goose, they don't just kill it, they kill the goose, fuck the goose, and then they run around wearing the dead goose like a hat because they hate comics, they hate the people who read the comics, they hate the people who make the comics and they HATE MONEY.

They love Kate Leth, tho

Reminder that All For One once owned the entire Japanese underworld, and by extension Japan itself. Further, that his present plan is for his apprentice to take it all back, butchering every hero within reach, and crashing that society with no survivors. That looks pretty supervillainous to me.

And he plans on doing that by just attacking everything with brute force until it dies. Or some vague bullshit about killing hope or something.

This is primitive. This is primitive shit as no matter what happens it always resorts to dull brute force so Naruto can have a speech about hope or something to Satsuke.

A Supervillain plan is like to set up an array of secret ley lines to steal all the powers of every hero over the world. Not just…Simply vague shit forever.

Like fucking clockwork

Issue with such a crossover is that we haven't really seen the rest of the world in MHA/BNHA,so it either needs to be fringe cases,with Marvel street/city level heroes(maybe some fringe cases as well) interacting with the class/All Might/the other heroes.
Shit like how the Hero administration would deal with Magneto, Hulk, Moon Knight, Spiderman(or Kaine for extra angst),Luke Cage, would be interesting.Then there are villains like the Shocker who treat shit like a job and the heroes/jail time as occupational hazards or Kingpin,who runs shit pretty legit despite having no super-powers besides massive gains for a normal man.
A "Merging of worlds" crossover wouldn't really work since we haven't seen the rest of the world in MHA,one could try the "Marvel is Burgerland and MHA is Nippon" but it would require a major for both.

It was generic garbage

I thought AfO had shit planned out and was being a spiteful egomaniac like most villains are.

He wanted a successor to fuck over what All Might set-up and wanted to kill All Might himself but settled for his apprentice to do that.The other factpoid is that he really wants his apprentice to earn and learn to be effective with the powers he's going to give him.

Then it's still, not an interesting battle. For a guy who's power is to steal other powers, we primarily only see brute force out of him.

Tell me about it user, but I really don't know what I was expecting. This is Holla Forums after all.

Again,spiteful egomaniacal faggot that wants to beat the hero up at what he's best at in an attempt to prove himself superior.

I agree that it's not an interesting battle but it thematically serves it's purpose in retiring All Might in a climactic manner with the whole world knowing about it.It's also a nice way to end the arc while keeping things open for future arcs as both the Lynchpins are wiped off the metaphorical boards,leaving a power vacuum for other people to fill in both "sides".

It's Holla Forums after it's infested by faggots that want to do nothing more than complain about SJWs andhow "everything is shit".

To be fair, he had been propping up the Villain Alliance from the shadows, building Noumus, and only really came out to fight once All Might was on the scene. And he ended up using the stockpiled powers he had specifically for that engagement, and still managed to divide AM's focus between dealing with him, saving civilians, and then being aware of the fact that the grandson of the previous All Might, his teacher, was the Sith's Apprentice, pretty much, and that the only reason that AfO even HAD him was because All Might fucked up.
And, honestly, when you're going toe-to-toe with a guy who's superpower boils down to hulking out, if you don't prepare an equal or at least effective countermeasure then it's gonna be over pretty fast no matter how smart you are.

What I learned from all of this is that Marvel has already won. People's expectations have been lowered to such a degree, that you just don't fuck up as they do to a spectacular a degree and people will praise your writing like a God.

I like the other user's idea of Batman, and have even the teachers have their mind's blown that some random dude could compete with Quirks. It'd also be interesting to see Deku's response, since he already spends a lot of time studying powers and planning around them.

I think he means that an original origin story is usually the best part of reading about a new superhero, not that he wasn't the same origin story redone a million times.

Few if any are willing to take a look back at a time when the character was just learning about his powers after the origin story.
What annoys me is that, in almost every origin story, the superhero has ONE fight with street thugs, and the very next fight always introduces a supervillain. There's rarely a cathartic "Watch the hero wreck shit" period where they get to show off how cool and fun the powers are. The hero always VERY QUICKLY meets his match.

My Hero Academia is a shining example, of lost potential. If I was to explain my feelings for it, would be like watching a super hero version of Eek! the Cat. When a good natured and well meaning person is treated like shit by everyone in that universe. Moriyama does not deserve any of the emotional abuse every hero puts on him and are merely projecting their own bias. This bullshit made a climax for me during Moriyama and his rival had their mano ah mano fight. That whole fight painted to how bullshit every hero is in that world and Moriyama being the only true hero whos sacrifices are seen as "selfish". Fuck that world, fuck those heroes, and fuck that writer. I'm not gonna read a story about Eek! in super hero form and expect to believe Eek deserves his abuse.

My only problems is that, at a point, the novelty of a superhero school wears off. They need to have the class go out for ramen, and come back as the school gets nuked, or ripped into another dimension or something, and have to deal with being hunted by supervillains with no support for the first time in their lives.

wut.
Most people in the universe and school itself are pretty friendly to Moriyama and most of the adversity he receives is because it's a school to train heroes(i.e. Eraser Head forcing him to grow on the spot to see if he could)

They're getting to that.
It goes from Minor villain invasion -> Dealing with a city wide disaster -> dealing with a more targeted villain invasion with genuine baddies with higher kill counts -> Evil Yakuza organization requiring some tact to deal with.

It's usually better from a story telling perspective to rattle your protagonists as much as possible, allowing them to slowly upgrade is less interesting than having them get wildly fucked over all at once. Then again, getting rid of the school before you've had your fun with it is lame too, so it's a delicate balancing act.

Every person there criticisizes moriyamas purpose on being a hero. Everyone sees his actions as selfish. That old healing refuses to heal his severe injuries. Why? She insinuates his actions are for attention seeking. His "friends" brushed him off during the early tournament arc as seeing his drive as a hero to be egotism and glory. Thus they refused to team up with him to seek their own attention. The frog bitch refused to help save their captured allies because she assumed Moriyama putting his life on the line was to seek glory. His rival, through the whole fucking duel with moriyama, assumed Moriyama was doing his saving for the lime light. Not one fucker in the whole manga asked Moriyama why he pushes himself. They all fucking assume.

you keep saying moriyama, I think you mean Midoriya.

asking someone their motives is very anti-japanese though and I don't think even a manga as westaboo as mha can break free of the japense mentality of "Neither volunteer or accept" individuality. They think that way about deku because that's the way society as a whole thinks about people using their powers and to go against it is abnormal.

The idea of being blunt and forthright is anathema to the japanese, the same way americans will tell you to cut the shit if you try to dance around a sesnistive subject.

Yeah, but that's just an excuse. IN Tiger and Bunny, everyone clearly states and talks about how and why they became heroes. Kotetsu even willingly explains when people complain at him that he doesn't care about property damage, because if someone is in danger, all that matters is saving their life.

I haven't read a whole lot of the manga, but if Midoriya is feeling bad about people saying that shit to him (which he is, because he's a fucking shounen protagonist), that's retarded because he should be aware that all these fucks are so far removed from actually being heroes they can't comprehend someone wanting to genuinely do good in the world

As expected, this thread ended up being just about anime and manga.

>>>/a/

I FINALLY UNDERSTAND! so THIS is why cartoons can't be waifus!

its not an excuse, its a cultural difference.

look at it from their perspective. from their perspective, here's this kid that was abnormal for 11 years. Suddenly he's not abnormal anymore, has a flashy quirk, is trying to get into the MOST presigious academy. Of course they think he's overdoing it, overexerting his quirk for attention, because that is part of what he's actually doing.

Being quirkless is an anomaly and they wouldn't understand someone learning to control it or growing into it physically because to them, this is supposed to be natural. To their society, he looks like a huge showoff, the nail sticking up that needs to be hammered down.

I actually didn't think about that. To everyone else, he's a guy that never even bothered to master his quirk. He's going in like a retard willy nilly, breaking legs and arms but he's gonna look oh-so-cool during it. At the very least, though, All-Might should have slapped the nurse around for not healing him and told her to fuck off.

Now that Narutards are mostly dead, how does one call a MHA Tard? A Bokutard or Dekutard?

Well, part of that is his training. Learning One for All is dangerous and if Midoriya can't learn it without relying on a healer every time he does its useless. he needed to know he cant rely on magical healing bullshit and to learn to control it, which he did when he went full cowl.

deku-tard is your best bet since deku = blockhead so your'e calling them a double retard.

Considering what he's claiming happens at these parts I was beginning to wonder if there was a different My Hero Academia or something.

To come to the conclusions he does requires purposefully ignoring dozens of aspects of the context of the situation, setting and characters that make me wonder if maybe there's some deranged and fucked up translation going around.

I hope knuckleduster gets a crossover with the main series when they start dealing with the super power enhancing drug in earnest. I love that he is 100% allowed to get around needing a license to be a hero because he doesn't have a quirk.

Maybe there's a Duwang translation?

Go farther than additional greatness!

Mangastream has the best translation that I know of, but they don't keep a full archive of their subs and only keep the last 5 or so issues. Fallen Angels is the speed group that isn't that great and their early stuff, stuff that's still floating around on mangareader sites by the way, is absolute trash and sometimes bordered on duwang quality. that might be the issue.

Anime discussion goes on /a/

Funny, I watched the first animu of it before I read the first mango chapters, and when I tried the FAscans afterward, they seemed alright.

But yeah, as far as I've seen, most of Class 1A respects the hell out of Midoriya. The only exception (in that group at least) is Bakugou, who is a bundle of personality issues to rival present-day Marvel and Asuka Langley-Sohryu. Maybe user was looking at the resentful shits in 1-B.

As for Recovery Girl, it'd be weird if she wasn't cranky over a student/patient winding up in her office every other day.

You haven't read much into this thread, have you?

My Hero Academia is better than current Marvel in every possible way, stop being cancerous would not be enough, they would need to return to the roots to stand a chance.
One Punch man is even better

So basically X-Men/Avengers Academy/The Initiative, where students are not just principal's personal special ops squad, and this time it is Siper-Man running the show?

Basically, but having Parker running the show would offer a lot more interesting story telling opportunities. A big one being that when students/teachers almost die he'd spiral into his normal guilt trip, unlike Professor X and others who figure it's part of the curriculum. Also, watching Peter go through the struggle of starting up a school for superpowered individuals while still having to actively be Spider-man on the side would be interesting.

Having Peter be the one in charge would be interesting, and it would also allow to tie in roles of teacher, leader, young/kid superhero, and possibly a scientist. However, having he deal both with super-hero stuff, leading school, and dealing with Parker Industries would be a bit much. Parker deciding to tone down his Spider-Man crime fighting in favor of educating others, and having him deal with justification of his choice could be a an interesting way to handle it.

Basically what I was imagining. Also, if here were to make "Spidey's School for Gifted Youngsters" I'd imagine he'd put someone else ctually in charge of Parker industries while he focuses on the school. It's much more in line with Peter's personality anyways.

I'm not much for Parker torture porn. But we already have something like that.

Isn't that the shark mutant girl? I specifically remember there being a mutant like that.

she was cute in a shy way

Yes. It is.

She helps win the day against Sauron by using her prehistoric feminine whiles.

She's also super fun in a meta sense. She's a Brazilian female in the US on a student visa that has body image issues because after she became a mutant shes struggling with how alien her body feels and feeling a bit of loss because the boys don't seem to find her attractive anymore. So she's pretty much every god damn 'diversity' checkbox in one. This is hilarious because none of this is ever made an issue (aside from when she gets the scent of blood and goes kinda feral) with her and absolutely none of the hack writers at Marvel even know of her existence.

She'll probably be killed off panel in a blanket statement that the latest X class died to cause drama in a crossover event.

I'm readinging Spidey and the X-men right now. I would totally love Iara tenderly.

^This

They'd probably assume he's either AFO's progeny or the result of intense quirk-marriages.

Make a board that allows for both to be talked about. But, given that the thread is still up and mods/BO haven't made a statement, it seems okay to stay here currently.

Vigilantes.

>>>/a/

You rang?

No, they refused to team up because they don't want to be carried and need to stand out on their own. A huge part of the setting and story is that these kids are the absolute cream of the crop and are in the best school for heroes that the country offers. They can't slack off or keep relying on the same ally to do well, they need to prove themselves and try and surpass each other not just to grow as heroes but also to gain the skills and experience required for their licences, internships and later jobs. You either don't get the series or don't want to get the series. It's not even complex. You've completely misrepresented the story and context of these situations.

I mean this in a way that is not meant to sounds like a faggoty fanboy, but Batman far surpasses the definition of "Vigilante" and goes into "Superhero" despite having no powers.

On top of that, a big part of the hero business is maintaining and growing your popularity. So a lot of actions and efforts are going to be seen as seeking glory. You have Endeavour who is so marred by the fact that he'll always be number 2 when it comes to heroics that he's raised a son with the intent of having him surpass All-Might. Everyone in the series wants to attain glory and be as great as All-Might. It's not out of vanity though, it's that he's the shining example of what a hero should be and every student character knows they have to aim for the top in strength, glory and achievements to even have a chance at being anywhere near as good as him. The situations they've encountered and continue to encounter shows that the world isn't a safe place and the hero game is no joke if you want to be the best. Villains with completely broken powers have come at them already and they've constantly had to struggle to overcome or be saved by others who were more capable or just lucky. And the luck factor is a terrifying aspect too, because it means that they're still vulnerable to chance.

I mean that there's a spin-off series with a quirkless vigilante taking on street thugs. The only reason he can't get a hero licence is because he has no quirk. He's not Batman level, but then again, no superhero is, because most of the time Batman is operating on levels of plothax that even Superman can't compete.

Actually I believe that because he doesn't have a quirk, he doesn't qualify as a 'hero' in the legal sense, so he can operate without a license.

I liked that spin-off for showing what life is like for non-heros in that universe. Where it's kind of against the law to use your abilities even if they have massive utility to them.

What's the name of the spin-off? Is it limited issues, or does it have no signs of stopping anytime soon?
And while I admit Batman has tons of plothax, I still think the basics of something like jujitsu would still works on someone like All-Might, depending on how the powers are interpeted. Like, if All-Might gets extra strength, but still has the same mass of a normaly person, any kung-fu based on throwing your opponents weight around would work. That said, canonically, I think All-Might would mop the floor with Batman, but Batsy would probably be able to fuck up quite a few MHA characters if he knew their powers before hand. In a crossover, it'd be great to see Deku manage to do something clever enough to land a small hit on Batman. Bats would realize Deku was basically a combo of himself and Superman, and realize that universe was in good hands.

It's too formulaic. Works for the first few arcs but then they don't do anything new or even try to twist what they DO have.

I take it you don't read the manga then?
web.archive.org/web/20170419120440/http://8ch.net/a/res/625527.html

readms.net/r/vigilante/00/3637/1 Have some fun, user. It's a monthly.

I mean, yeah sure you can say that if you want a surface look at the series. But OPM isn't meant to be about the one punch, it's about the world surrounding Saitama and his influence on the people he interacts with.

No, that's just how the series is.

It's a character story and a character story only. So once you understand the characters there's nowhere else to go. There's never any serious conflict because everything ends the exact same way. It's a "deconstruction of the superhero genre" but a deconstructed sandwich is just a shitty caesar salad.

So it's meant to be a character-driven narrative, which is done better by hundreds of other stories out there.
One Punch Man is really damn good for the first 3 arcs. But then it drops off because it's the same shit.

That first page is one of the things I like lost about MHA, a super society. Just to continue to function in a semi-regular manner they basically have to ban people from using their ability or trying to help and possibly even defend themselves.

Phenomenally unfair to someone with, say, a teleportation or basic telekenesis ability. However when you get reality warpers, living weapons and all the other crazy stuff a random power might give it kind of starts to make sense.

Thought they do mention that there's progress being made in society adapting to people having quirks and their use becoming more expected.

in a way, marvel has already crossed over with MHA

Both in-character, no less.

Lol, Cyclops with a pompadour and Logan with a Jojo hat.

>>>/a/

If I remember right then in one of the next chapters they have cyclops do the beam into the air pose too.

Where were you faggots during the PGA fiasco or the whole year of Adventure Time/Jojo threads?

God damn, the tagline on this page sounds so much like Stan Lee writing it.

Spidey already has a university.

Maybe because she doesn't want MIDORIYA recklessly injuring himself in every battle, under the assumption that she can always fix him up, good as new. They already established that her Quirk only speeds up the healing process and if the damage is too severe, there's not much she can do about it (just look at All Might). If Midoriya loses the function of his arm after going 100% a few more times, her quirk is going to be of no use to him.

Why do animefags come here to talk about anime when they have their own board?

Because they shit up their own board. It's like what happened to /furry/.

/a/ mods are so autistic you can't post a spongebob reaction image or start a sentence with lower case without getting banned, god forbid ever forgetting punctuation.

Time to post Ruby Gloom & Lod House gifs in reprisal.

Because I want to talk about MHA and OPM with Holla Forums fags who actually know about the superhero genre and will discuss the series on those merits, rather than which series has the best waifu.

Come to think of it, what tiers of hero do you think classmates would be in western comics? Which one would be street level, which ones would be teams, and which ones would get solo careers with their own supporting cast?

Lets try to keep some of the obvious ones out of this one. Like Bakugo, Midoria and Todoroki.

What heroes would you like to see work with characters?

I think a comic with Spiderman hosting Tsuyu as a foreign exchange student and them teaming up to take down one of his less psychotic villains would be pretty fun.

Pedophilia
Incest
And you say anime is fucked up.

It's perfect

I just finished reading what chapters there are, and I've got to say: Why the FUCK did anyone think "The Crawler" was a cooler superhero name than "The Gentleman"?

probably loses a lot in translation. The crawler probably sounds better and less effete than gentle-man

HOLY SHIT I DIDNT EVEN NOTICE TILL YOU POINTED THAT OUT!!!

I haven't seen the original pages or anything, but usually names like that are supposed to be English in themselves. In Japanese it's probably spelled out in katakana saying "ZA KURARU." "Gentleman" might be a translation of a Japanese word though, which would make some sense.

This is an /a/ thread. It goes on /a/.

gentleman is gentle-man

The hyphen is definitely there, he's referring to himself as gentle. he's the kind, gentle man who picks up lost items and guides lost people.

he didn't call himself gentleman as, you know, a gentleman.

Wrong board.

I enjoyed reading this.

t. blog

I thought he got the name because when he was being nice to people they kept saying, "Oh, he's such a Gentleman!"

Probably a play on Gentleman in English basically having a superhero name format.

It's like some kind of quantum joke. You cant see it but you know it exists by observing its effects.

Neat, I never knew certain spiders kept pets.

>>>/a/

This deserves its own thread I just read all 7 chapters really good.

Wilikers it's like I'm actually on cuck/co/

You don't find anything Holla Forums appropriate in holding up a picture of some asshole from Japan doing their job better than they are for the purposes of contrast and mocking?

Not even the slightest thing?

Again, where were you when we had an entire year of Jojo threads disguised as Adventure Time threads.
Oh, nowhere to be found?
Then shut the fuck up you colossal faggot.
If you didn't raise your voice then, what merit does your shitty argument hold now?

They kept in one thread, people are becoming hostile to /a/ content because every thread here was derailed into a discussion about which medium is superior recently. And I did object to the Jojo General, only if it was because there was a general with no new media coming out.

This isn't one thread?

oh no what a fucking epidemic. A plague of shit I don't like and can easily ignore is visible in the corner of my eye!

THIS CALLS FOR NOTHING LESS THAN SUBJECTING BOTH THE THREAD AND MYSELF TO UNPLEASANT BEHAVIOR

Pull that trigger, fucking autist.

I'm not him, I was just answering your question. No, it's not in one thread you momgoloid.

I'm not him either. I'm a completely seperate individual

where the fuck else is it then?

I too am completely different and unique and not in any related to any of the other posters in this chain.

Not this guy but I'm also pretty sure there's only a few posts of /a/ material if anything.

Also it's pretty stupid to expect no /a/ material at all. Are we supposed to ban all comics and cartoons from the UK, France or Russia? Why would we do it for japan?

I understand people being annoyed at /a/ material being on Holla Forums but Jojo discussion is a fuckton more out of place than OPM/MHA/TnB ever will be

Not that individual, but the show is dubbed and aired simultaneously in the states, You could say that westerners are the intended audience with this show.

I might say Tiger and Bunny was intended for western audiences rather than MHA. MHA is pretty steeped in standard Japanese fare, though it does take a lot from western capes. Tiger and Bunny though has everything written in the show in good English, takes place in "Not-New York," and featues a crazy laughing sociopath and his sidekick who is covered in face makeup, speaks with a Boston accent, and calls him "Mistah J"

Is that sidekick cute?

Qualifies.

anime goes on /a/

I'm still kind of shocked at that. I can't think of any other show that does something like that to get out in the west as quickly as possible.

MHA would have been a major hit if it had come out back when people watched television and had gotten picked up by a major channel.

Anime and manga talk belong on /a/.

It seems to get the show attention though. its pretty popular now.

Latest episode came out today, Soon there'll be a tournament soon

Threads like this are how animefags get their foot in the door. Notice how, despite the OP framing it as both Western and Eastern, the thread itself is actually all about manga and anime?

An anime series that draws heavily from western superhero styles and cliches, references western comics, ect. Parellels that we have been discussing throughout the thread, but since you refuse to read have no idea about.

Notice how, after this being explained to you time and again, that the thread is still here, and you're still unsuccessfully trying to back-seat mod. I suggest if you feel that wroth about it, you start your own Holla Forums board.

In any case, You must certainly have better shit to do with your time than completely fail at moderating Holla Forums.

I'm not that user and I don't really give a shit about how Holla Forums related this thread is, but is that really true? Because from what I've seen it just seems like battle shounen with a superhero skin and a few references. How heavily does it really draw from western cape tropes?

Remember, kids: anime goes on /a/.
Holla Forums is for Western comics and cartoons!

Much as you have better things to do with your time than sit out your /a/ ban by shitting up Holla Forums.

At this point we should just ignore them. Half the thread is already dedicated to proving them wrong. Let's get to discussion.

Which team would you rather see interact with the MHA class? Xmen or the Teen Titans?

Suppose your right, guess I just miss actual toonami and adult swim.

X-men has some potential, what I'd really like to see is the MHA class take on some marvel villains, like Deadpool or Juggernaut.

yeah they're always referencing comic media in the story, making jokes about silver age costumes, picking superhero names and costumes. And they're even dipping their toes in the water with shared universe storytelling with the spinoff manga. a page of that you can see here,

It's still a very japanese story at heart though, and follows shonen story beats which you can expect with it being written by a japanese guy.

I think Marvel Villains would make for great action beats. Something like Spideys gallery alone could make for a great time.

However I think thematically it would be much more interesting to see them go up against the big two for DC. Joker and Lex. Two villains that have no powers at all.

I'd just be interesting to see how they react to both people who don't have powers naturally and either use their wits to stay ahead or get their powers by other means.

Take Lex Luthor for example. It would be very interesting to see how these kids react to what Supes has to go through. Luthor is basically untouchable, even someone like All Might, the Symbol of Peace, can't lay a finger on him cause ol' Lex keeps his hands clean. Can you imagine the frustration of these kids coming into contact with an enemy who they know does terrible things but whom they cannot touch. They do that in the latest chapters with the 8 Precepts of Dead, but I imagine that Luthor is even harder to get to.

On top of that, even if they did find a way to implicate him (It isn't out of the questions) He's got a shit ton of weaponry that can even the playing field between him and the FUCKING MAN OF STEEL! THE GUY WHO LITERALLY PULLED PLANET EARTH. One of his suits could easily rival All Might and the they MHA group would have to try their damnedest to outsmart him (good luck with that.)

Going on that note, How fucking dope would it be to have them fight Darkseid! How fucking bad ass would it be to see ol' Darkseid stomp the shit out of the heroes while maintaining his composure the entire time. Then have Supes swoop in to even the score and then have Class 1-A help him send Darkseid packing.

I wonder what they would think of someone like Punisher, who goes well beyond just being a vigilante, and even most heroes would be scared of getting on the wrong side of.
"So what's HIS power?"
"His what?"
"Like his mutation or whatever"
"Oh he doesn't have one. Unless being really pissed off all the time counts."

fuck that'd be terrifying. He's a hundred times worse than Knuckleduster.

It would be interesting to see him go up against Stain to. In the end of that battle, one of them is going to die. Do you think Stain would mistake Punisher for a hero or would they actually have some kind of weird respect for each other considering how fucking alike they are?

Lex Luthor would be amazing just because it's basically the penultimate villain that Japanese society can't deal with.

I mean, think about it. How many times is the ultimate villain of the story this mastermind who keeps his hands absolutely clean of all the shit the heroes have to face. Sure the japanese are all about that 'evil emperor' deal, but one that remains in the limelight at least theoretically? It would be amazing to see.

As far as Darkseid? I'd wager the class would be relegated to helping civilians at best, even All Might would probably just be a distraction for him.

Punishers quirk is the testicles to actually finish the job.

I forget, does Xavier's Institute have any sports or activities like a normal school?

I know they have a basketball court.

baseball field too.

no one swims in the pool though, cause that's where the blackbird is

But no big organized teams or games?

I don't think so. I just know in the comics they just play baseball and basketball. Sometimes they have a rule of "no powers" but thats generally the first rule that's broken

"Every hero has a story from their school days. They all have one in common; Their bodies started to move before they could think… The same happened with you, didn't it?"

I can just imagine Spidey's answer to that.

"Um… actually I used it to make money… and then I let a criminal get away that killed my uncle. Mostly I'd only a hero because I feel guilty."

Ha!

He'd be called on the "mostly" part, though. Parker's a good man, earlier motives aside.

Well, yeah, when they let him develop for any length of time.

What's that? Peter Parker is pulling his life together like a rational human being? Better throw some new bullshit at him to reset all character development and get him back to the 'muh uncle/muh stacy' motivation again.

That was close, we might have actually had to write something NEW about Spiderman. How Horrifying.

Yet another sin of Marvel for the past few decades.

Are you this hasn't been done at least once?

I'd think that a couple of hotheads would try their luck on him. And pay a terrible price for it. Cybernetic limbs when?

readms.net/r/vigilante/007+ Alpha/4221/9 Grumpy Master is grumpy.

Yep.