WHY IS SYSTEMD HANDLING MY DNS CACHE?

WHY IS SYSTEMD HANDLING MY DNS CACHE?

cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/tree/NEWS?id=2d1ca11270e66777c90a449096203afebc37ec9c#n1128

CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A SANE REASON WHY A FUCKING INIT SYSTEM SHOULD HANDLE THIS?

Other urls found in this thread:

cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/tree/NEWS?id=2d1ca11270e66777c90a449096203afebc37ec9c#n236
github.com/jonathanio/update-systemd-resolved
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WHY CAN IT BOOT SEEMLESSLY INTO DKR2 IMAGES OVER THE NETWORK?
WHY CAN IT DO IT WITHOUT EVER INFORMING THE USER THAT IT CAN DO THIS?
WHY IS THIS IN THE MAIN AND NOT A FORK FOR WYSE LIKE TERMINALS?

cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/tree/NEWS?id=2d1ca11270e66777c90a449096203afebc37ec9c#n236

GLinartNTorvoetteringUOS MAN

WHY ARE YOU MAKING A DUPLICATE SYSTEMD THREAD?

WHY ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT SYSTEMD HANDLES YOUR DNS CACHE UNLESS YOUR DISTRO ENABLES SYSTEMD-RESOLVED?

WHY ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT SYSTEMD-MACHINED IS RUNNING BY DEFAULT OR FOR THAT MATTER, SYTEMD-IMPORTD?

WHY ARE YOU WRITING THESE POSTS WITH CAPSLOCK?

WHY DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT THESE ARE ALL SEPERATE, OPTIONAL DAEMONS?

IS IT BECAUSE YOU ARE A COCKSUCKING FAGGOT WITH AN IQ OF 80?

They aren't separate optional daemons, and the major distros have DNS Cache enabled by default.

Because you touch yourself at night.

Looks good to me

resolved is literally a seperate daemon.
machined is literally a seperate daemon.
importd is something that userspace tools for machined use, and it's literally a seperate daemon.
all of these are seperate daemons, and all of them are optional.
resolved is a caching DNS stub resolver. even if your distribution enables it by default, you can just do the following:
systemctl disable systemd-resolved.
And no, your distro probably does not have it enabled by default.
You are fucking retarded. Kill yourself for making this shit thread. Seriously.

resolved is "separate" and "optional" until you want to do something with another component like networkd and it's suddenly mandatory and required along with dbus.

this, this is how the systemd cancer infects itself. nothing is truly optional. hurr systemd is optional you can just disable your whole operating system.
an operating system with systemd is optional, the answer is to install an operating system that does not include systemd.

WHY DO YOU MAKE SHIT THREADS

WITH

REDDIT

SPACING

It doesn't. systemd is made up of several daemons, resolved is just one of them.
It actually works great with openvpn if you use it with this script:
github.com/jonathanio/update-systemd-resolved
Now programs no longer need to constantly overwrite /etc/resov.conf
And with systemd-resolve --status you can easily make sure where your dns queries are sent.

Why the fuck was that ever in systemd..

REDDIT

SPACING

WHY ARE YOU HERE? GET OUT.

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK

Because you're running systemd tbh. It will expand more and more until you erase it from your HD. Maybe one day it will embed itself into the HD firmware "just to be sure". Don't wait until it's too late!

OpenVPN works great without RedHat(R) SystemD(R)

Because when the FBI or CIA need to blackmail you, they can insert CP website link in it and arrest you with that.

richard@fsf:~$ stty olcuc
I ALSO REALLY LIKE THIS MODE. IT'S A GREAT MODE, AND IT'S GREAT THAT LINUX SUPPORTS THIS MODE IN 3 CYE.

WOW, IT'S LIKE READING THE MANUAL IS DIFFICULT OR SOMETHING
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Just face it, you fucking retards are the cancer killing Holla Forums.

Helo, looks like user error. we have submitted patches to DNS cache upstream but they won't accept them, it is all their fault this is happening.

t. Poettering.

it's not an init system

because you installed it, you basic moron.