Iron Fisted

…So the actress playing Colleen Wing is joining in the boot party on Roy Thomas for "whitewashing".

Is social justice why Danny Rand is being played as an idiot by an actor who doesn't practice martial arts, and isn't given many fights?

Pic tangentially related. Not a lot of people know this, but Danny Rand fucked the Phoenix Force way before Scott Summers and Logan got his sloppy seconds.

Other urls found in this thread:

inverse.com/article/29155-iron-fist-marvel-comics-whitewashing-roy-thomas
archive.is/a7Rom
archive.is/eHDqQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't mind a white guy doing kung fu but at least be GOOD at it. The Drunken Master should have won.

What are they doing to muh Houseroy?

I'm wondering why actors are getting pissy at their overlords in Marvel.
Also, if she's so traumatised by his statements, why didn't she speak up during filming about it? She's just jumping on this to appeal to the media so she gets another gig since she was terrible in this.

for real? She really has no self awareness right? her performance and character were one of the most terrible things about the series.
Also, can we please not talk about sjws and their retarded shit and actually talk about the show?

Did anybody find it good?
I thought it was a mediocre show and a complete step down in cvomparison to Daredevil.
>the Meachums were a waste of time, Joy is boring, Ward is a shit and Harold is fun until he dies for a second time and goes crazy

At it's very best, I'd rate it at "eh, it's okay" and at it's worst, I was actively fast-forwarding through lengthy segments.

Danny being a white guy wasn't the problem. The problem was the plot was played almost identically to Nolan's Batman, and relied heavily on recycled plots from previous shows and forced moral dilemmas that give a new definition to moralfaggotry.

Seriously, what did Roy say?

Never trust a goddamn Snake

Something akin to "We didn't mean to offend Orientals. In fact Oriental probably wasn't the right thing for me to say."

They're more pissed off he said "It's not the right word, but that just proves how insane this is getting", or to that extent.
They're just proving him right by harping on about this.

Good show on the ultra-left for pissing off Marvel's Execs. Now the bullshit train is 100% stopping.

Screencaps, motherfuckers
Is Roy one of Marvel's Execs though? I was under the impression that he hasn't worked in the company for a long time

inverse.com/article/29155-iron-fist-marvel-comics-whitewashing-roy-thomas

Oh, wow, small wonder they're trying to crucify this guy. That interview is just chock full of things they can misinterpret and take out of context to try and make him look like a monster.

Seems like Roy's tired of PC bullshit too

He's an old man from the south who's into classic literature and used to write one of the most hyper-masculine comics ever, I doubt he was ever really that on board to begin with. These people need to back the fuck off.

Isn't Danny Rand a white guy? I was never big into Iron Fist, but I seem to remember him always being a blonde-haired man.
How is it "whitewashing" to cast a white actor as a white character?

Because you can't have a white man using asian martial arts, of course. Duh.

People are retarded.

Yes he is. It's whitewashing if you're white. That's literally it.

I'd take a mixed-race actor who could actually fight OR act to the guy we got who can't do either. It would at least preserve the idea he's considered an outsider in both K'un-Lun and New York.

When people see 'superhero' they think 'icon in the public consciousness' not 'character with flaws.'

This is why the feminists value Wonder Woman despite knowing nothing about her, but I digress.

These Twitter Asians who are just the worst saw Iron Fist as an opportunity for representation, but again, they don't know anything about the character.

Danny has always been an impulsive, reactionary, thick-headed dork with bumbling social skills who is good at fighting and literally nothing else. He needs Jeryn Hogarth to manage his company because he's a terrible businessman, and Luke Cage to tell him who to punch because he's a mediocre private investigator with no street smarts. His main positive character trait is his empathy, because he is devoted to trying to save people, and he doesn't let his privileged position in life get between him and the common blue-collar man.

If he was Asian the Twitter Asians would complain that he was a subservient beta orbiter and a rich Mainlander stereotype, or something like that.

I was mostly frustrated by the fact that his solution to taking care of the immortal, immoral, plotting, well connected, Madam Gao who has been orchestrating horrible mass murders and gruesome tortures for hundreds of years was to put her in jail even though it was obvious that doing so would be the same as just letting her go.

That, and the fact that this martial arts master wasn't as good at dispatching mooks as Daredevil, who is supposed to be in a lower combat tier.

I want to bang my head against the wall the more I hear about this show.

The Punisher was right.

The problem was he played Danny as a full blown autist.

/po- Punisher is always right.

Where were the fights?
Everyone was boring but Harold.
He stole the show.

fuck off cuck

So is Harold's "cure" what made Nobu immortal too?

I'd prefer he be white and blonde, but actually being able to do the role is a bigger issue.

Punisher actually had a sidekick for a bit. Name was Microchip, a programmer who contacts Frank for help with avenging his murdered nephew. Most notable appearance was the Archie crossover.

punisher is an edgy mary sue for retards who are too weak to get things done in real life themselves.

its the literal definition of power fantasy for Holla Forumstards.

It was an aggressively mediocre show on all levels. I didn't hate the guy playing Danny. He was given shit to work with and had to scream "I AM THE IRON FIST" too many fucking times. The only character with any kind of compelling storyline/arc is Ward and that gets trashed towards the end. The Hand twist could have been done well, but they bungled it like everything else.

Luke Cage and Iron Fist should have just been one series. You just have Harold secretly funding Mariah's political campaign to buy up Harlem for the Hand or whatever and then you can cut the fat that was Misty Knight and Collen Wing's storylines. Eventually Danny and Luke come together and have fun buddy adventure.

archive.is/a7Rom

archive.is/eHDqQ

Why did I even bother

God they some salty bitches

This friendship is one of the reasons why I'm looking forward to Defenders so much.

Is she retarded?

If you have a white martial arts hero, it's whitewashing, if you have an Asian martial arts hero, it's stereotyping. You can't make socjus cunts happy, and you know none of them have ever read the comics.

Didn't he blow Micro's head off with a shotgun for dealing heroin with the CIA?

He was going to kill Micro, forget why exactly, but a villain beat him to it.

Why are Americans so touchy about the term "Oriental"?

I don't know. I just prefer gook, slant, nip, zipperhead or yellow monkey.

It will never make sense to me how Oriental became a slur. It literally just means "something from the Orient." It's a better descriptive term than Asian because "Asian" can mean anyone from Arabs to Indians. Oriental more specifically means slant-eyes.

I have a theory that Asian-Americans are just desperate for something to feel oppressed about, because all of the cooler minorities have that.

It's just the Asian-American art kids. They come from a history they are disconnected from, propped up by the hard work of previous generations, but have none of the grit or drive to succeed.

No work means no results, but thanks to a combination of a lack of attention and frail nerves being mistaken for empathy, they think their lack of achievement is somehow a struggle against the man. Rather than stand up, they fall down and cry.