Is python still worth learning for web development...

Is python still worth learning for web development? I've seen across different image boards anons saying that it's 'on it's way out' and that it has become increasingly difficult to get a job with python. Am I better off learning node.js?

Other urls found in this thread:

motherfuckingwebsite.com
stackoverflow.blog/2017/09/06/incredible-growth-python/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

node.js is not a language

No.

Yes.

You can learn Python in under a week. Learn it if the need arises.

All depends on what you need the programming language for, user. What do *you* need programmed?

Java, C#, and Python are all safe choices if you want to learn and get a job. Get familiar with databases and get comfortable with being uncomfortable. Never stop learning -- because while you may feel like an imposter -- the truth is that you know a unique mix of things no one else does.

The truth is the majority of programmers suck ass.
Just bullshit your way into a job because chances are most people at your company know less than you.

node.js is a meme.

You'll need to know JS anyway if you're doing web development anyway, so there's no reason not to learn a little bit of node too. The ecosystem is a pain in the ass if you're new since it's easy to get lost because the whole stack is composed of libraries instead of big frameworks like Rails or Django. The majority of people use the same libraries though, you just need to know what they are.

Also python is great because it's the only dynamic language that isn't web-focused besides perl.

All the webdev languages are shit but if you're going to play in a toilet it's what you should expect.

node.js invented asynchronous programming, probably the biggest revolution in the field since Java applets.

Invented, or just allowed Web Pajeet to shit up the backend with his single thread as well?

You should learn Rust.

lean vi tbh fam
motherfuckingwebsite.com

dynamic languages are for peasants

I beg to fucking differ. Read pic related plus this piece by Stack Overflow:
stackoverflow.blog/2017/09/06/incredible-growth-python/

"All the numbers discussed in this post are for high-income countries; they’re generally representative of trends in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Canada, and other such countries, which in combination make up about 64% of Stack Overflow’s traffic. Many other countries such as India, Brazil, Russia, and China also make enormous contributions to the global software development ecosystem, and this post is less descriptive of those economies, though we’ll see that Python has shown growth there as well."

What is that really liked, fast growing language to the left of Python?
R? C? I can't make it out.

It's R.

What this chart shows

Python has been "dying" for how many years now?

yeah. stay away from python and everything related please.
so I will have less competition

this is some pure and unadulterated horseshit.

Python 2.7 is useful even as an embedded developer that writes a ton of C and C++. I don't know why people say it's not growing as it continues to do so rapidly. The main reason is that it fits many niches, and people aren't interested in highly domain-specific languages with the exception of in math (and only there due to the total lack of a general purpose language that is any good at math).

2.7 has end of life in 2020.
and there's already no reason to use it, because 3.5+ is so much better.

came into this thread. "server-side" javascript (just think about that for a second) developers dogging on a generic industry language.

this is like watching midgets fight over a pair of platform shoes. please, carry on.

Python is domain specific though, to the "scripting" domain.

No, it's used for all sorts of things. Web apps, web servers, system daemons, embedded languages, UI shells, etc..

Don't post that one in future.

Then people would complain about soundless webms and tell you to go back to cuckchan unless you slapped some shitty dubstep anime remix music on it

Python isn't dying. Seems to still be growing by all accounts, and it has a shitload of awesome libraries. I personally started using it due to its pretty fucking decent statistical libraries while I was figuring out how the fuck to use R.

As for web development, I don't really know how Python is doing honestly, but I do know JS is a pretty big fucking deal and as much as everyone hates it, it gets the job done and the skills transfer well.

These guys work in the field.

Seriously most programmers are barely functioning autists who stopped shitting themselves in high school. They might be cappuccino-sucking male feminists these days but don't be fooled, they're still just like your granddaddy's retarded "software engineers".

These "code ninjas" are nearly always unable to think of the larger picture, and when it comes to database structuring they might as well be 4 year olds with crayons trying to recreate the art of the Sistine Chapel.

Let me guess: your job title is "CODE WARRIOR" and you work at a startup surrounded by low-t cucks who look just like you? I bet you can work the stick on that Street Fighter arcade cabinet like a boss though, right?

That's R but they used lower-case making it harder to see. If you go straight down from R, there is a light-colored dot for C.

nope
even if they do, that's retarded and can be ignored.

Why is bash growing year to year?

Because it's not actual growth of a language's user base. It measures the activity of threads specifically on StackOverflow. Bash has many "gotchas" that people keep coming back for.

Python growing this quick may also be a precursor to Pajeet shitting all over its employment street.

Also, OP is a faggot for listening to advice on choosing a programming language from a Chinese furry librarian worshiping forum.