Thoughts on GOTG movies

Hard mode: can't say Reddit, quips, memes, capeshit

Enjoyable movies, especially the second one.

I liked it.

STINKY NIGGERS!

reddit capeshit quips

Shit.

Good films that break the mold from Marvel's schlock and become highly enjoyable, fresh movies.

I like them. Low brow, maybe, but when you're an old man who's spent years in misery, you learn to appreciate anything that can temporarily lighten the mood.

First one had a lot of heart and hit me in the feels.
Second one was forgettable, I can't really think of any cool scenes that stood out besides the last fight with his daddy.

You basically made it impossible for us to discuss GOTG.

Samefag

Trying too hard to be funny

although it's true that most marvel movies are shit and the more marvel is involved with them the more shit they are it's ridiculous to say that DC is any better with they "but wait, we're edgy, dark, SERIOUS capeshit" meme attitude

Reddit, quips, memes, capeshit

trips confirm

Only saw the first one but I really liked it

It was a better Star Wars movie than The Poo Breaches.

They are a waste of time who cares about superhero movies with no stakes and direction that is just mediocre to bad

Iliked the first one but the second was shit. Devoid of any value. All I was thinking during the movie is "Fuck I wish I had main character;s hair", came out feeling i wasted 10€ just making myself miserable

1st: Really boring. Villain feels like a generic darth vader rip off. Humor doesn't come naturally, feels like something from a mediocre sitcom. Overall very forgettable.

2nd: Good enough so that I felt like my ticket wasn't wasted. Plot and characters had more depth, and were more interesting than before, especially the villain. Humor is even worse than the original, due to them poorly placing the jokes, and having several that last way too long. Opening bit with groot dancing while everyone else fights the alien squid thing was the worst part of the film.

agreed, it was a pile of shit.

Wrong

I had the opposite reaction

Dude so quirky music lmao. People shilled the first one to hell and back, calling it the best marvel movie with a lot of heart and it's just run of the mill 'we have to do thing because guy will do thing' with run of the mill characters. I felt nothing watching it.

the part is so called supposedly "run of the mill whatever", "i felt nothing"
film is better than most

the sad part*

Saw a bit of the sequel. Just bright flashy colors and a bunch of fourth grader nipple and shit jokes. Western civilization slips further into the Talmudic abyss.

kek

first one is okay. lots of things can be nitpicked about it, but the setting and characters are interesting enough to distract you from them most of the time.
the second one loses most of the charm though, partly because it relies too much on annoying, stupid shit (i.e. baby groot, drax loudly laughing at awkward situations, rocket repeating an unfunny joke over and over again in an attempt to make it funny).
The B plot had some good moments, but literally nothing happens in the A plot until the B plot has been completely resolved. that just seems weird.
most of the characters didn't do much in the final battle, which feels like a mistake with a movie like this. it was especially weird that Gamora and her blue sister did so little considering they're probably the two most powerful members of the team (besides Quill when he activates God Mode).

the fight with his dad seemed cool at first, but when I started thinking about it, it was a huge wasted opportunity.
earlier in the movie they establish that the "god power" is the power to create. Quill was even able to create a ball out of energy with very little practice. but when it comes time for the two gods to fight each other, almost the entire fight is just them screaming and flying at each other. they should have had an awesome green lantern-style battle instead!

I caught the ending of the first cause they air it on tv now. Wtf was that. They basically lost and ronan dies only cause of the mcguffin and plot armor.

It didn't have Boyoyo Nogerstain in it, so it's automatically a decent sci-fantasy in the current year

Facebook
You should probably include suicide into "hard mode" since it's the obvious antidote to your condition faggot.

so did you like the films or not?

Naw

They are pretty good. Hiring James Gunn was a weird bet, but the man made Tromeo and Juliet, Slither and Super. He can make good movies, they are just usually fucked up in some way.
First one suffers a bit from an annoying villain, but the characters save it.
Second one is significantly better, since the villain isn't some dude who wants to blow up the earth, it is more about "what family means to you and who do you consider family". The characters were explored well, but Drax completely turning into a joke character was pretty lame.

fuck that future

I liked Drax in the second movie. The reason why this is the best of the marvel capeshit films is it isn't at all serious.

Nothing novel and plays it too safe for me to remember it. It's just a preference though, I like movies that try something novel. Even if they fail in overall execution.

A lot of PM entertainment B movies are my guilty pleasure because of it.

1st was great.
2nd was typical Disney lib-shit propaganda.
If they do the same thing to the rest of Marvel movies, the franchise will die quicker than pigs pass prunes.

How was it propaganda? Example?

What?