APOLOGIZE

APOLOGIZE

Other urls found in this thread:

scyfilove.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Star-Wars-The-Empire-Strikes-Back-Brackett-Draft.pdf
nypost.com/2017/07/26/star-wars-toy-fatigue-may-finally-be-setting-in/
stabilizer-news.com/steadicam-plates-for-return-of-the-jedi/
boards.theforce.net/threads/practical-effects-in-the-prequels-sets-pictures-models-etc.50017310/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'M SORRY GEORGE

>force sensitive sloth minions are real
WELCOME TO HELL, WELCOME TO HELL, OOH WHAT'S HE GONNA DO NOW

He should. For selling to Disney when he could have bit the bullet and just made low budget Star Wars kino. It's not like George lucas would have trouble raising investors to make 100-200 million for him.

I am also sorry though because this webm from attack of the clones has more direction than anything by Kennedy's nuwars. Scene is better with sound but alas its not my webm.

wanna buy some death sticks user?

for what? if anything he should apologize for creating hairy pozzer

Normalfags will defend this

kys

reddit go away

see

Normalfags are a blight tbph.

Why? This retard ruined Star wars with his poorly done Special edition/edits to the OT, retarded prequels, ewoks, ewok movies/the holiday special and then to make matters worse he sold Star Wars to the worst people imaginable……
Disney which preceded to wall paper over, retcon, milk and and ruin the OT as much as possible and inject heavy amounts of cultural marxism/ feminism into the franchise.
George deserves a fate worse than death …. maybe being forced to watch PT followed by disney nu-wars for eternity.

Episode III was kino and Episode I and II had their moments

smhsgdh tbqpfh iykwim fam

Pudgeracing is Ben Hur kino though.

I meant I and II had kino moments. I actually like episode II

I never stopped believing in you, George. The prequels were like poetry. They rhymed.

Holy fuck, has there ever been more of a reddit spergout?
Kys.

Wow, you sure showed him…

"I may have gone too far in a few places"

Well it would seem even he didn't like Ep 1 also
You forget the nu-starwars bit which he dislikes immensely.

I wish the entire film was shot like that.

Plebs were a mistake.

The problem with the film is the green screen not shots like that

Wow, it's almost like he's an artist or something behaving in a totally normal way. Of course critics don't understand what it's like to create something and put it out in the world, so they misread his reasonable insecurities.

You're an idiot.

Remember when Star Wars was fun?

I do…A long, long time ago. A timeline far away.

Forgive us, George.

While I agree with you the prequels are shitty movies in many different ways but still shitting on them to this day like they are the worst things ever created is something only pathetic, weak-minded Redditors do

Please do yourself and everyone here a favor: Go back where you came from and stay there

this hurts me

Oh yeah..and Disney's done a damn good job, making the Expanded Universe pointless, Episode 7 was terrible…to the point that it made The Phantom Menace look good (2 and 3 were actually OK in my book). Lucas sell it off because morons like you bitched and moan about "Oh, Lucas just ruined everything". Now he's gone…and it's worst than when Lucas was in charge.

Why are the novels not cannon, but Episode 1-3 and NU starwars is?

official PT rankings go

III = II > I

phantom menace is great for memes and shit like darth maul, being shot on film so the cgi/sets mesh better. jar jar really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. cringe as fuck, yes, but when you pay attention to the dialogue and realize that literally everyone around him hates him and only tolerates him for as long as they have to, it's fucking great.

imo 2 still looks fine though, it was a risky bet going with full digital, but seeing the battle of geonosis on the big screen was pure heroin.

anyways, 2 by far has the best plot imo, and really the only borked parts are just seeing hayden act like a kid who's constantly dropping spaghetti around his waifu, but that's literally how the character was written and people just don't seem to get it. also has some of the best tracks in the entire score.

3 is pure kino from start to end. only changes i would make with it is keeping the anakin = vader a secret, and make only luke known of being born, so you can watch the movies 1-6 and still have a great twist in 5 and 6. then again, imo release order is the best order anyway, you're supposed to see the future before how it began, that's usually how prequels are made in any series.

i pray the 5 hour cut of phantom menace is one day released.

Episode 2 is the best one. Truly a masterpiece, just a beautiful but yet tragic movie.

I agree with this until the Lucas had to sell it off bit.

He is not a victim he has million of dollars and he made a conscience decision to sell to disney. He knew what they would do. It well known how disney wrecks everything it gets its hands on and they never let go.

Every novel and comic book with the Disney logo on them is canon from what I understand

that's the point user made, lucas fully knew that giving it to disney would be the ultimate death it deserved, since the fans had pozzed it to hell and back by basically telling lucas to eat shit and drop dead because a few retards didn't understand what midichlorians were.

My point I suppose would be that if he was pissed off enough to wreck star-wars because of criticism then it is his fault not some user on a message board or some idiots on you-tube for that matter. He had a problem.

don't buy disney shit

if i were george i'd be pretty pissed too. not his fault the masses didn't get the films, or recognize they were made the same way as the originals, just with matte paintings swapped out for green screens and pushing cgi technology.

the worst thing though is the meme that he had hardly anything to do with 5 and 6, or that all the best parts of them weren't his doing, which is all false.

they're all reddit shit and you should kill yourself for liking that garbage

Haha great post, fellow man of good taste. I too watched that video.

reddit likes reddit wars
that's all you need to know

GEORGIE PORGIE PUDDING AND PIE
RAPED THE FRANCHISE AND MADE THE FANBOYS CRY
WHEN JEW JEW ABRAMS CAME OUT TO PLAY
HE RUINED IT FOREVER WITH A CUNT CALLED REY

reddit is the home of the retarded machete order

the film viewing order that completely cuts out episode 1 and makes 2 and 3 seem like a flashback by wedging them between 5 and 6

it's purified cancer, the literal definition of pozzed

reddit is the home of the retarded reddit wars fans, and your'e one of them and you need to go back

there was nothing to ruin, it was reddit shit since the beginning

Is that where the midichlorians are made?

This is objectively wring

III = I > II

Yes but you must first water it with force piss

>>>/methods/

wow, you're really a tryhard. i think you belong on cuckchan.

how about
I=II=III=IV=V=VI=VII=VIII=IX=shit

>>>/reddit/

i'm not assblasted, are you assblasted by the existence of redditors? well probably not since you're one of them, but anyway the point is i'm just sad to see so many redditors like you coming here to discuss their trashy flicks where you would find yourself better back at /r/starwars and we would be better off without you, that's all

literal reddit response from a reddit wars fan.
>>>/reddit/

You=Nigger
Only niggers hate Star Wars.

dude you're not fooling anyone

the salt is oozing from you and it's fucking delicious, i just put some on my corn on the cob, you want a bite?

Why didn't George just fly the eagles over the Disney execs?

you should stop samefagging btw, it isn't working.

wrong

Why

if by niggers you mean non-redditors then yeah

i could tell the same about you, you're spilling salt ever since i started shitting on your favorite reddit space toy

oh i'm laffin

butter is for amerilards and idiots

vinegar and salt is a better combination

and yet your salt pile continues to grow

pathetic

damn nigger you're a fucking mad as all hell
four is was a genuinely fun adventure movie, even if it did rip off the nips, and 5 was one of the better science fiction movies ever made. But because you're on a chan for the first time you feel like you have to live the "internet hate machine" meme in order to fit in.
or you're just b8

it's typical for the newcuck leftyfag to try to be as edgy as possible.

finally you get it
if you're from reddit i guess so
it's not even sci fi and even then, no
i'm not the one who's fresh from reddit here, mr. reddit wars apologist

No, niggers dislike star wars. This is a white man's board, Tyrone.

oy vey, this damage control of your salt flow is ebin

It's just sudocuck doing his new hilarious schtick.

The only good Star Wars film is Empire Strikes Back. The books are all shit. Most of the video games are all shit. You've wasted your life buying shitty toys. Fuck off ye cunts.

can we filter the word reddit already?

kys

if by niggers you mean non-redditors then yeah

is that really all you can say?
try being a little more original, unlike your space toys

look, i'm saying this unironically, reddit was developed specifically for people like you
try checking it out, you'll likely to find yourself more at ease there

Fuck off, reddit.

Why? Were you planning on watching this Disney fan fiction?

this is objectively and subjectively wrong at every level.

i'm still harvesting salt from you just off of it, so i'll stick to it as long as it works xD

Canon is absolutely worthless, according to "canon" Luke decides to become a coward and abandon his friends and allow his nephew to turn to the dark side. It's complete rubbish. There are six good Star Wars movies, and there will only ever be six good Star Wars movies, because everything to come will now be built off of The Cuck Awakens, and nothing in the TFA is salvageable. The characters were bad, the story was bad, and there were no new visuals or designs. Star Wars is effectively dead, it will keep making money, but it wont ever come back to life.

yeah, i guess it's really all you've got to say

Why not just dip it in lye?

the only canon is george canon

oh, i forgot to mention you also grill it.

so it's perfectly in line with the rest of reddit wars
more like 0

The Original Trilogy was decent, The Prequels were Kino, that is the objective reality.

the orignal trilogy was reddit shit, the prequel trilogy was reddit shit and i'm going to repeat it to you until you'll either accept this truth or fuck off back to reddit
there's nothing you can do about it

Anyone has anything juicy to spoil on the normie social medias yet?

Its a very subtle anti-smoking message.

No, you are shit, you basic bitch.

Lucas was never going to make Star Wars kino going forward. He could never figure out what to do with Star Wars after he dun goofed and finished the hero's journey in 3 films when he should have stretched it to 33 films. Lucas probably got writer's block after autistic fans starting treating the Jedi like a real life religion, tbh. He fell into the same trap that Joseph Campbell - his mentor - fell into. He set out skeptical of religion and wanting to replace it with something vaguely spiritual and mythological and ended-up reinforcing the religiosity of many of his followers.

Imagine for a second that you aren't L. Ron Hubbard and you have zero interest in starting a cult. Imagine how weirded-out you would be at the obsession of fandom when it's the late 70's and you have no idea of what fandom is and you have no context for it. He was probably just scared of being literally Hitler at that point, tbh famalamadingdong.

Everything after Jedi was either rehash / pottery or derivative, meandering, ultimately pointless "Extended Universe" pulp entertainment for nerds. His real mistake was not mentoring a young understudy - his own Sith apprentice - to solve the "problem" of creating a meaningful Star Wars greater cosmology without spawning a religion, but i think he was demoralized after he tried to do pottery and it didn't work.

what lucas should have done was set an official canon for post jedi based on the eu, and then told whoever came along to write material based on that guideline. in george's mind, luke didn't marry mara jade and have ben, and sheev didn't return from the grave, but that's pretty much as far as he got.

sheeeeeit

No one really knew Star Wars would become the huge franchise it is now, to George, he just made the first 3 movies and was done with it, it was other people who kept the franchise alive through books and comics becuse it made good money and then he came back for the prequel trilogy.

To george, Episode 6 is the end and that's it, the EU was made by other people and people enjoyed some of it, so as far as canon, he didn't really care much about it but still respected other people's thoughts and never officially made the EU non-canon. Pretty much believe what you want to believe, unlike Disney who made it clear that only the movies are canon and henceforth, everything they make is canon.

Nerds nitpick on plot details too much, things the EU created like Mara Jade, Sheev and Boba Fett's return doesn't mean anything, It is a shame most people don't focus on the themes of the movie, which is the main point Lucas wanted to get through, not cool spaceships and swords.

Star Wars fans deserve this, so i can mock them on imageboard forever.

Completely wrong. He wasn't "done with it" after Jedi, he wanted to make the prequels from the start, and had initially envisioned all 6 films being made at once, he just couldn't do it at the time. He was, for better or worse, always going to make the prequels.

when george trashed leigh brackett's script of episode 5 and started doing it himself, the idea for a 9 film saga came about. the only thing george had back then was just barebones plot and concepts. this heavily affected the writing in 6 btw.

It's real. All of it.

This is interesting never knew about the script

scyfilove.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Star-Wars-The-Empire-Strikes-Back-Brackett-Draft.pdf

Is it a better read than Episode VII or Rogue One are watches? lets find out

oh it's pretty trash and doesn't fit in with the universe at all.

there's one point that han teaches luke about the force.

literally the only things borrowed from it are the names hoth and bespin.

Still more interesting than nuwars

Force Tree
Forestry
IT'S LIKE POETRY, IT RHYMES

i wont apologise cause i've always liked the prequels

Whats the force tree?

It was a rumour posted here a few months back that stated that there would be a 'force tree' that was connected somehow to the force, maybe even the source of it. Most people laughed it off as too silly but it was true. Now if only the force ghost of Anakin as a giant sloth beast was in there, now that would truly be something.

No. The prequels are terrible. And he was the one who sold Star Wars to the (((Mouse))). He is the one who has to apologize.

He gave you what you wanted, Mike. Don't be a faggot and pretend it was all on him.

There still is time, although if we come to expect it it might not happen

Seven, user. Clone Wars is Lucas Kino.

No because he fucking sold it in the first place to those fucking penny pinchers like an idiot!

He either sold it to piss you off Mike, or sold it because of your critiques. Either way, meme responsibly

Cartoons can still be kino user. Sometimes I like cartoons more tbh.

Are they copying the evil tree-cave from Dagobah and turning it into the origin of the Force?
Holy shit synagogue of satan what are you doing.

This entire trilogy is going to be like that one book report you ctrl+v'd and then edited a bit to make it look like yours.

>>>/reddit/ is that way "fellow channer"…Maybe it is time for you to go back…Bye.

She obviously want to be ducked.

Literally reddit

its true.
The only people who disagree are contrarian Redditors

I DISAGREE

The tech wasn't fully there yet, and they overused it. For the space battles, sure, but they made entire sets out of computers for no fucking reason, leading to uncreative scenes where two character walk down a greenscreen hallway and spout expository dialogue.

fuck no, george authorized the creation of the CGI clone wars and then handed full reigns to filoni for his autistic OC waifu Ahsoka.

this was before the disney takeover.

FUCK.
GEORGE.

autism

it would have been extremely painful

This is what you sound like.

What's wrong with Ahsoka?

Nobody would have complained about the prequels, had they been cartoons. I can almost forgive Lucas, if I pretend those were trailers for the Clone Wars animation.

They were cartoons though.

unbelievable. I'm sitting on all 3 of the trilogies fter not having seen them for at least 10 years so I can enjoy them. I'm actually looking fordward to Episode II the most.. I can't wait to rewatch it.

I'm okay with that.

she reeks of an OC character. It's embarrasinly obvious and jarring. It's like I'm reading a fanfiction that was somehow given a big budget.

And like hell the jedi council would let a fucking 14 year old run around wearing a boobtube top, get the fuck outta here.

This attitude is why kikes have the series, and turned it into Goldmember sending his hideous emo-jew creature to fight the Mouth of Sauron and her gorilla.

are you kidding me?
after filoni raped the lore with the clone wars cartoon, a show that was merely meant to expand upon the 2003 clone wars but instead expanded its anus and took a huge shit on the franchise, I could NOT care less about some half-assed fanfiction sequel.

Because you see, LUCAS put his stamp of approval on the clone wars show

She's a qt in Clone Wars. I watched maybe 3 episodes of rebels before getting hella bored.

Hera's kinda cute though.

She's innapropriate for the context. She could work somewhere else. Maybe in an AU.

give me a fucking break.
I can practically hear Filoni's heavy perverted breathing when I look at her.

>jedi sending out 14 year old waif-thin girls in tube-tops to fight wars command armies for them
ftfy

Yeah, you really think they could have made her a suit of armor like Clone Wars Anakin and Ooobie have.

Shes exactly the same as Rey.
and Jyn
And kathleen kennedy
BORING.

Anakin should've been raised by clone troopers. By the time he grows up they're all gone, replaced by regular stormtroopers.

>>>/reddit/

Not really. She's orange and cute and the animators could make her face do much, much more than Daisy Ridley's can do.

So why are you here?

…I'm sorry.

Now that I sincerely apologize. Why allow this? Because some loud faggots on the internets? Sweet lord this is too much punishment for just a bunch of pimpled virgin faggots that are never happy like trekkies.

Someone get this nerf herder outta here!

You can literally see Ahoska grow from being Naiive, to taking after Anakin and being a hot-headed retard, and then finally becoming sensible when Padme cucks her "husband" out of teaching his Padawan.

fuck off retard
daisy's face is extremely expressive, hell that's the whole point of why people make fun of her.

jesus you're dense

wow that took, what, 100 episodes?
rey's had what, less than three hours of screentime?

you cannot be this retarded.
you just have no viable defense for what that guy said about your precious waifu.

r u fukkin serious

this thread is a goldmine of stupid jesus christ

Like 5 seasons my boy.

I'm saying her character developed.

Star Wars had the opportunity to become greater than it was. Thanks to plebs, prequels and now (((disney))), its been degraded into a joke. It was goofy before, but goofy like knights and squires, not fast and the furious.

they fucked it up

they cant even recreate the aesthetic, much less expand upon it.
Its fantasy storybook fairy tales, samurais, cowboys, WW2 dogfighting, buddhism, racial politics, and occult technocratic conspiracy.

You have to take all this shit into consideration, not just throw memes at the wall and hope people keep buying into the brand.

To be honest only a complete incompetent would have trouble creating a good Star-Wars themed movie.
The problem is that at (((disney))) they don't care about the story (they never do for anything they own) what they are interested in is pushing their odious propaganda and desperate merch (pics related).
Apparently autistic cat ladies and or tumblr sjw's are easy to exploit & will buy all their Star wars crap with their wealth-fare checks in exchange for their delusions being validated by an equally diluted producer, Kathleen Kenndy.

some more desperate shit.

that poor fucking dog

nypost.com/2017/07/26/star-wars-toy-fatigue-may-finally-be-setting-in/

That poor elephant.

Bullshit. It's not a coincidence that Disney's recent fuckups line up with boys not wanting Star Wars toys anymore. VII and Rogue One posioned the well, even Lucas at his worst wasn't able to harm Star Wars like this. What a bunch of dipshits.

Don't forget, the great irony here was that the whole reason Disney even targeted Star Wars for purchase was to finally get money from boys, guys, and geeks a demographic they coveted once. They cornered women with the princess market. They also wanted money from boys and guys. This was the initial reason they moved to buy Star Wars to fix that deficiency. Then the sjw and feminist hires in marketing and management turn Star Wars into shit just to get girls a TARGET MARKET they already had in the bag.

You can't possibly hire more incompetent upper management to lose so much money. They can actually fire all the staff managing and producing the Star Wars property right now and hire a bunch of rural boys and do 10 times better with the property. I'm fucking blown away.

HOLY SHIT MOTHER OF GOD FUCK YOU JEW JEW I HOPE THE WHOLE JEWISH RACE GETS HOLOCAUSTED JUST FOR THIS YOU WILL NO KNOW PEACE FOR THE REST OF THE FUCKING UNIVERSE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No, you dumb kikes. White Boys do not want to play with stronk mary sues and traitorous niggers.

Star Wars was for boys, specifically white boys, you ruined it. Enjoy your audience of fat sheboons, dykes, and kikes.

Most obnoxious meme ever.

Prequels weren't bad in concept. The issue seems to be that Lucas went with the first draft of every script that he wrote, got lazy with green screens, and didn't use his actors well.

Now the issue is that you have people that just love everything Star Wars, which is unfathomable to me as a "Real Star Wars Fan™".

You also have (((Holla Forums contrarians))) who will fallaciously claim that the prequels are great, that rey is number one blacked waifu, purely because of how outrageous it is.

Lucas's failure is with polish. All of his ideas are interesting. Even "Indiana Jones and the Saucermen from Mars" makes sense compared to the shit they come up with nowadays.

If the prequels had been produced with the same kind of aesthetic as the original series, and with dialogue that was reworked by a third party, they would be fantastic. But as they are, they stick out as a testatment to what could have been and what should've been done.

The dreamer Lucas was kept on a tight leash by some talented men during the OT.
The prequels are basically rich fat slob lucas giving himself a free hand in everything.

OT are the Battle of Carrhae of our time.

nothing on clone wars went through without george's approval. also, ahsoka was a fucking mc you dingus. she basically became the new harley quinn, an oc waifu that fans ate up.

But that's exactly one of things that made them good.

Very true.

No CGI = No Jar Jar, Yoda with a lightsaber.
No virtual clone armies.
No tiny virtual sets with giant ceilings that make no sense, and exist only to compensate for the lack of horizontal space.
No Dexter Jetster and his 50's diner on Coruscant
No Gungans
No useless combat droids
The limitations are what made Star Wars technically entertaining.
You have men in rubber suits playing monsters, you have puppets that are detailed enough to have facial expressions and moving eyes.
You have colored space hoes with weird tentacles instead of hair.
With computer generated graphics you just get lazy and everything looks like a comic book or a video game. It looks like digital shit.
That's not True. Lucas Produced the first film, the issue was that there was only one executive at Fox who believed in the project. The executive guy was fired when the studio figured out that Lucas was going to make billions off merchandise. The executives must have thought that Lucas was some weird hippie kid with a stupid flash gordon movie at first.
at least we got some
Midriff

stop spreading fake news. they intentionally let lucas keep merchandising rights because they thought the movie would tank. also, lucas DID approach them with a flash gordon movie, but he failed to acquire the rights for it, and that's why he made star wars.

oh and

pic related, they all had cgi in them you idiot.

I completely understand what you're saying, and what George was going for. I'm just saying there is an uncanny valley effect due to George's unwillingness to put in the same amount of effort as before.
I'm not complaining about his 1930's art deco aesthetic, because it fits in with the "Star Wars is WW2 in space" meme.
In the prequels, it seems more like WW1, and simultaneously, Hitler being elected Chancellor, and getting power through the enabling act, which also is supposed to remind you of the Iraq War because that was going on at the time.
Jar Jar was supposed to be Palpatine's Sith mentor, although George probably changed that when everyone reacted to episode one so negatively. Thats why Jar Jar is the one calling for Palpatine to have emergency powers at any rate.
My issue is that they didn't have to constrain themselves to actual physical set building, so the it looked fake. They also didn't put enough money into making the sets as good as they could because
real talk Lucasfilm was stingy

Wrong. Stop talking out of your arse.

Ah but thats a different composite technique.
Using a blue screen to match other footage doesn't create the same uncanny valley effect as CGI, which has to have motion blur and grain added after the fact. Plus you have to make it work at 24fps, which takes more time and manual adjustment than people think.

It's like rotoscoping. You can do it easily now with a computer. Its how they replace phone screens in TV shows all the time. But you can't recreate the look of analog, hand drawn "lightning" like they used to do in Star wars, Ghostbusters, Tron, etc.
It's just not possible. Because they choose not to use the same effects they used before, but improved, the end product is worse.

Do we need the daily reminder that each of the prequels had more practical effects in them than the entire OT combined? And certainly more practical effects than JewJew's nuWars.

goyim, you can't spread the truth like that! this is the jewniverse we're talking about here!

see

None of those sets are as large as the mos eisley exterior set. They're not as large as Luke's homestead in the wide shots.
And for every one of those encounters theres some CGI character breaking immersion

Yeah and they should stick with that for aesthetic sake. Everyone praises Alien: Isolation because Creative Assembly figured out that part of the charm of Alien is that the technology is retro-futuristic.

Episode 1 had a lot of sets because it was 1998.
Episode 2 and 3 were predominantly digital and you know that.
The issue with the Episode 1 sets is that they are packed with a bunch of digital nonsense, or sandwiched in between digital scenes that do not match at all. pic related.

There you go, talking out of your arse again, JewJew.

This is exactly the problem. Its like in Crystal Skull where they filmed the forest chase scene in a real forest, but then added a bunch of extra trees and bushes in with CG later and it all looked so fake. The use of sets doesn't matter if the end result looks like fake CGI.

The end result looks nothing like a real space where humans actually exist

Really makes you think…

ps if you're looking for realistic shit, you're in the wrong neighborhood.

because coruscant was a very mixed world? and the other worlds were predominantly populated by aliens? i don't know if you noticed, but humans were clearly a minority in the galaxy.

that's called "aesthetics" and "continuity". also if you saw the last david movie, you'd see the tech is starting to get closer to the retro-futuristic look of the original film, and it's also canon that only rich motherfuckers like weyland had the fancy shit. you seem to forget that the nostromo was blue collar as fuck, an absolute cheap piece of shit rustbucket thrown together with minimal standards.

.>No niggers

The real problem is obviously the bulldyke shit.

SAGE THE REDDIT WARS THREAD

BACK TO R/STARWARS RIGHT NOW THE LOT OF YOU

this. nobody cares about the ridiculous forced diversity as much as the shit writing and female leads. i think we can all agree that poe and finn were alright (minus poe's hamfisted arc of being a conscientious objector and then suddenly killing everyone in sight and poe's lack of an arc or character at all), and that had the movie followed more of the early bits it would have been decent.

Okay reddit

jim, your meme's dead

You don't need CGI to achieve those effects, unless you think replacing blue with transparency constitutes CGI, in which case you're making the most semantic argument possible, and completely missing the point.

In Camera Effect > Digital Effect
People respond to real things more than fake things

the speeder bike chase was them walking a camera through a forest and then speeding up the footage, dingus.

Don’t get cocky, kid.

Those sets look great, i know a great way to fuck them up.

Wrong again. You are grasping at traws, m8.

the prequels are shit and the cg always looked like shit

#owned

Steadicam is the system used to stabilize the camera.
They had to shoot at a low frame rate with the shutter open for extended periods of time so that when the film was played at 24 frames a second you felt like you were moving quickly.
stabilizer-news.com/steadicam-plates-for-return-of-the-jedi/

The digital rain is used in the establishing shots and the background.
The entire problem is that Lucas would rather save money and use digital, than have to spend the time and money to create an in-camera effect.

Every time you see a blue screen or green screen in the OT, they replace it with a physically photographed element. Its either a miniature, a matte painting, or generic plates. If there is CGI, its meant to replace a screen in the universe of the movie. It's used for heads up displays, or presentations. Its used for 3d maps.
Most the scenes in the prequels had a computer generated character, ship or landscape which is not what people like about Star Wars. JJ doesn't even do it right. The closest we got was Rogue One, which was like watching grass grow.
Prequels are pretty indefensible unless you want to be pedantic.

Then you should know that is also the case for the prequels.
Look at this: boards.theforce.net/threads/practical-effects-in-the-prequels-sets-pictures-models-etc.50017310/

I’m surprised you are even admitting that, given how JewJew promised to return to the good ol’ days. Also, you sound surprised.

Wrong again - Don’t you get tired of being wrong all the time?

No, you don't seem to understand what i'm talking about.
The OT used physical techniques to create their imagery. They couldn't make a digital Jabba the Hutt, they had to make one for real with a bunch of guys controlling different parts. The inability for them to use computers to create content actually ended up benefiting the movie as a whole, because it gave an aspect of tangibility to the whole thing.

The only things JJ got right about Star Wars were "Film" and "Physical Effects". He didn't seem to give a shit about the quality or aesthetic of those effects though so he doesn't earn any points.

Prequels aren't good movies, they're interesting though.

Vid related: Its a bunch of stuff they couldn't do in the OT because of technical limitations.

niggers and jews apparently.

We have George to thank for this kind of unnecessary fuckery.

If an actual woman buys and uses these it will be a fat chick.

GEORGE LUCAS DID NOTHING WRONG
FUCK REDDIT LEDDIT MEMEIA

I'm so sorry Lucas… Please come back… God damn it.

What ‘unnecessary fuckery’ would that be, user?

thank you, rick.

Prerendered cutscenes on the PS2 could, hence why the webm is titled "pre rendered cutscene"

Then you shouldn't have any problems showing us some examples.

Easy, battle scene at 3:41 is easily comparable to AOTC fight scene.
Even the PS1 Final Fantasy cutscenes are only a hair away from AotC CGI.

That easily goes on the list of the dumbest things I have seen posted here on Holla Forums.

In Episode II you have CGI Clone Troopers with a mix of miniature/model ships & backgrounds.

Put on the dunce cap.

Nice Reddit spacing, good job outing yourself while you rushed to grab misrepresenting stills for your meme movie. Not even a joke, if you put pointless line breaks in between your sentences like that you're a Redditor and you have go back. r/starwars is waiting for you, you'd be welcome there.
Also those screen grabs still look like an Xbox cutscene if you're being very generous. third pic looks like the ships are photoshopped in afterwards. What """amazing""" visuals lol. Stills aren't even worth anything when discussing a moving picture, Prequel fags will go to amazing lengths to avoid actually showing footage from the film because it completely destroys their arguments when the end product looks like you're playing on low settings (see )

Nice not an argument post. Go cry about it.