Furfucks breaks legacy addons

Why is this allowed to happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/umatrix/versions/beta
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-screenshots
support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1168009
git.savannah.gnu.org/git/womb/hacks.git)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Just use the dev version of µMatrix. It's already been ported.

This.
Plus the link.
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/umatrix/versions/beta

But Firefox 56.0 now has a built-in feature for taking screenshots and uploading them on The Cloud™! A little bit more of that nasty unused/wasted RAM on your PC finally gets put into use.

how do I disable it

Cool, it's like having a webcam but able to turn itself on and record what you're doing on the screen not just off.
Always wanted something like this because rhe experience of being surveilled felt really incomplete without it.

I can't even open tabs to other websites without closing the entire window.

Did you try googling it (or whatever search engine f your choice)?
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-screenshots
support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1168009

>Firefox Screenshots currently will not work in Private Browsing. We are working to (((fix))) this for future releases.

just dont use it??????

So, uh, you didn't know Firefox has been able to take screenshots for a while now? This is just a graphical interface for what used to be a devmode command.

I think the screenshot feature is amazing!
Just the other day i saw a picture of a lolcat but had no way to share it with my friends. With this new addition to firefox i can just upload it to the cloud so everyone can see it!

Because you sat back and did nothing.

Just fucking use IceCat

Psst.
The AdNauseam addon works just fine.

I don't know but I've been using Iridium on my Linux desktop and just use IE at work.

go to about:config
then set
browser.photon.structure.enables to true

enabled*

Just use the dev version of Firefox. It has more new features.
See:

still broken

No, I set fire to my computer and myself for other reasons my browser was shit, way before that, so I was already dead and couldn't kill myself and take Mozilla with me because of this one.

thats why you use chromium

Because backwards compatibility = feature stagnation. Fuck what the user wants, fuck what works best for the user! How can (((we))) justify staying employed if we don't break old stuff in order to make new stuff?

The Firefucks devs could support a given ESR version for say 20 years if they wanted: that would mean many years of security updates, bugfixes, media codec updates and the necessary rebuilds for new operating systems and architectures -- the user would have a rock solid browser that never breaks.

But they won't, why? Because it's boring work and fuck the user! Now lemme add a screenshot button! That uploads the screenshot to (((us))) instead of keeping it strictly local.

Captured with firefox screenshot :^)

pretty great feature for that one time every 3 years you need it

Firefox esr does not have this problem.

Ok, but what about really turning off the function so it can't take screenshots, not only the access to it? Can that be done?

You haven't upgraded.
You're still in 1.0.0 and you should be in 1.0.1RC3.

Kys botnet user.

Link to original song?

Proofs?

Most of the "Find a Replacement" links go to their shitty Mozilla addon collection, which means they have no suggestion. They appear to have created a database of replacements by hand.
The new CSD is pretty good but I'm fucking enraged that my tab rice (CTR and Stylish) is dead, dead, after years and years of quality destap threads. The old adage "if you have to ask what browser it is, it's Firefox," is no longer true.
I'm stuck with this fucking shit sidebar tabs thing to get somewhat comparable readability in a compressed space and I can't even hide the normal tab bar. I feel cucked i wish kde fiber existed

Tbh, I ;~;

Let it go, it's time to move on to Palemoon. Killing CTR was the last straw for me.

Pick one.

So retarded it hurts

Pick one.

They break the "legacy shit" because they can, because they want to, because they don't care about the user. If backward compatibility is a goal for devs, then it is achieved, it's as simple as that. Modern Windows can still run 20 year old "legacy shit"... as it was compiled 20 years ago... on 20 year old hardware... faggot.

Fuck off with Palememe. The dev is a faggot retard with AIDSbrain (see the entire adnauseum debacle) and it's slower than the Fx it's forked from, somehow.
If somebody was getting paid to work on Fiber instead of more god awful shitty widgets and wallpapers and themes and all the other dumb shit autism toys KDE users apparently prefer, we would have a totally extension-based decoupled-engine browser right now.

Test

lel

It's a nice console feature.

It also takes up damn near 20 GB of space. old bloat is still bloat. And don't even get me stated on how you're comparing a browser to a fucking operating system.

I was like you once and just disabled the ever growing pile of dumb changes pajeella was making with each release. Then those options started to disappear.

So it's faster than, say, version 20? It definitely isn't faster - or more lightweight - than 3.6, but that one didn't have the absolutely crucial features for displaying hypertext documents like HTML5, mediasources, WebRTC, clouds and Satan knows what else.

So new FF is smaller than, say, version 50? Now that it got rid of that nasty old bloat that was it's main "selling" point?

At this point I don't know if XUL fags are illiterate or just refuse to read the reasons to deprecate XUL extensions that have been written over and over again for the past year.

Stylo did not affect legacy add-ons. Quantum Flow probably did, but afaict the impact was quite managable, since not many add-ons really died up until 56, which already got most of the QF work (most weren't affected or got updated). Quantum Compositor also didn't really affect add-ons (not many work on such a low level). WebRender is probably too low-level too. The only Quantum project that I can think of that might have had a pretty large impact, is Photon. And since add-ons managed to survive Australis pretty well, why not this change too?

inb4 "But a lot of add-ons broke in 57 Nightly!": yea, that's because Mozilla was ripping out and refactoring old code, which isn't really related to Quantum, but more to the removal of legacy add-ons itself.

No. I don't care how the add-ons (or extensions, or whatever you want to call them) are written. And I can even understand not wanting to provide some API or even maybe some form of sandboxing for legacy addons. But this doesn't excuse moving buttons, making UI gayer in general just to appeal to the lowest common denominator, more telemetry, more adspace monetization, more bloat no one asked for in general. They could just make what would've been essentially a fork, add all the bells and whistles they desire while dropping all that horrible old stuff but either implement the largest/most complex among the most used add-on functionality as configurable options or rewrite the largest/most complex among the most used add-ons themselves. And then call it a fucking milestone and eventually release it as version 100500 or whatever their AIDS-ridden marketing department deems necessary.
Instead we have bloatfox that neither has the main distinguishing feature any longer nor is actually faster, smaller or easier to use. And forks are developing in the same direction, including palememe. I'd rather use fucking dillo at this point.

I generally do not connect to web sites from my own machine, aside from a few sites I have some special relationship with. I usually fetch web pages from other sites by sending mail to a program (see git.savannah.gnu.org/git/womb/hacks.git) that fetches them, much like wget, and then mails them back to me. Then I look at them using a web browser, unless it is easy to see the text in the HTML page directly. I usually try lynx first, then a graphical browser if the page needs it (using konqueror, which won't fetch from other sites in such a situation).

That's a sane approach but, for me, it would add too much overhead. I've been unironically thinking about forking something just for my use cases for several years now.

Also, can we please stop bumping yet another browser thread? Or ask vols/BO to make a cycling sticky.

Servo would have been the perfect opportunity for a new start. Just keep making security updates for classic FF and everything would be fine, but they want to enforce new "web improvements" on us to force everyone on this worse-than-proprietary-platform so they make feature updates inseparable from security updates, like MS and Google. I think I#ll just stick with 53esr, 99& of exploits require js anyway, which I have disabled.

Servo would have been the perfect opportunity for a new start. Just keep making security updates for classic FF and everything would be fine, but they want to enforce new "web improvements" on us to force everyone on this worse-than-proprietary-platform so they make feature updates inseparable from security updates, like MS and Google. I think I'll just stick with 52esr, 99% of exploits require js anyway, which I have disabled.

browser bump

Is your life fulfilling, little rabble man?

Have you ever used Firefox? It is extremely broken.

With the attack surface of Firefox that remaining 1% is extremely large.

What's even the fucking point when plugins exist for this very reason? Screengrab (fix version)

You don't understand what you're talking about. Mozilla have long stated why they deprecating support for old extensions. You simply believe that they have to work for you.

Firefox has supported the capturing of screenshots straight from the Developer Toolbar for about five years already, but the feature was never promoted in any way by Mozilla until recently. It's just a simple button.

no it isn't. I literally uploads what you are viewing on an outside server. It's straight up CIAnigger tier.

Because the policies he instituted for addons meant that it wasn't allowed, but even then, he still explicitly told people how to re-enable it in the very same post

user, it's not screenshotting 24/7, it's doing the equivalent of scrot -u then cropping the output. le ebin cloud memery is still cancer.
Is your shift key broken?

Why do you use a nightly version to then complain about bugs?

Why do you exist to then complain about existence?

You're a retard. You choose whether to save it locally or upload to an Internet server. You can even choose to discard the screenshot without saving anything.

Was it the one that wants to has cheeseburger? My grandma really loves that one.

It might actually stop the fags that take photos of their computer screens with their phones.

It won't and you know it