Where will Javashit stop ? ;_;

Other urls found in this thread:

pr0gramm.com
coin-hive.com/lib/coinhive.min.js
pr0gramm.com/static/top/
archive.fo/i9cY7
theregister.co.uk/2017/09/25/showtime_hit_with_coinmining_script/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they should rewrite it in rust and compile to wasm for max performance and security

Why anybody would bother writing something in a language that isn't Rust is beyond me.

why

Is this the future of the internet?

serves you right

It's actually pretty fucking cool model for content creators to make money without it being from the big juden ad corps.

pr0gramm.com is a german autist funny images site with a nazi appeal so i'm happy for their success

big thing to point out is they only deployed it as a separate thing that opened in a popup window, meaning the users were fully aware of doing it

neee bernd nicht mit mir

this site went to shit very quickly after they made web registration possible. then suddenly all the redditfags who cant into irc signed up and ruined the site :(((

X--(

The effective hashrate you'd get from random people running js is miniscule and the total network hash rate has doubled in the last couple of weeks. Plus, ad blockers are eventually going to start blacklisting this nuisance by default.

the more i think of this, the more i see how genius it is.

"AttentionCoin"

User browses your site for an hour? That means they were entertained for an hour or you helped them for an hour.

It is perfectly reasonable for you to be paid for that hour of time you generated for the user, so whats wrong with getting a profit in a completely inconspicuous way for the end user?

This could completely eliminate the kike advertising industry.

ARE YOU PEOPLE NOT SEEING THE POTENTIAL?

Even if websites had them working in the backgrounds, it would be better than advertising.

Of course you can opt-out by running no-script just like you can from ad's. So what's the problem? At the end of the day you're eliminating kike ad money.

I feel like this is illegal in America.

Isn't it illegal for another person to use my capital(my processor) to make money for themselves without my permission or knowledge?

This is like someone stealing my car at night to drive uber.

isn't this basically what pay-per-views ads do?

Monero is the future.

It already exists, BAT basic attention token

By using this website you agree to mine for us.

The fact that someone even put the tiniest effort into making this is beyond retarded.

Why are you so bitter?

This is incredibly smart, low effort user monetization that isn't fueling traditional advertising.

Oh is that why you're upset... Marketing job? Heh same, plus I don't even own any coins. And still I can see the potential here.

Isn't it illegal for Google to use your capital (your browsing habits) to make money for themselves without your permission?

The ad kikes will either sue this out of existence or lobby for it to be illegal, probably both.

This doesn't sound like it respects my freedoms.

here's what the javascript looks like
coin-hive.com/lib/coinhive.min.js

not sure how i feel about this though

what would be even more interesting is if you can take this javascript miner and use it to mine coin an array of junk smartphones. I wonder what the $/day would look like and the power consumption with say, 50 junk phones.

jewgle would make a killing

googlecoin

It's a little hard to read.

Because it's wrong. I block ads purely because they chew up my local resources. I've been doing it since it was possible strictly to avoid malware. Your argument is beyond retarded, this isn't smart, it violates every ethic I was taught in my youth about not denying someone else use of a machine/service. I give no fucks about the health of random websites that I visit or the people that run them. If they go broke then so be it. The content survives forever now in archives, who cares.

This will not effect me as I will block any attempts of this bullshit getting through at the firewall on my network just like I do with ads and other content. They will attempt to push this bullshit to cell phones as well. I will cry for joy at the masses of normalfags that are clueless wondering why the battery life got cut in half.

just ran it on my older quad core android, 2.8h/s. $0.15/mo. so with 50 of these it's $7.50/mo. no idea what power consumption looks like.

i think the free slave labor jewgle get's for google maps is worth more.

Yea, there's one big elephant in the room here: battery life and resource hogging.
No one's gonna fuck their batteries up and possibly have their device heat up/lock up for every website visited.
On the other hand, this would keep normies browsing on their botnetphones and tablets out, or it could get people to disable JS en-masse. I hope it's the latter.

i still can't figure out how any of these meme coins have any value. how did bitcoin ever accumulate any value in order to be traded for dollars. some idiots bought worthless computer hashes years ago, and then continued to purchase it propping it up further and further until the scam snowballed and more and more people bought the worthless hashes. i can understand the one scam, but how can a new meme coin pop up out of fucking nowhere when there's already 100 other worthless meme coins, and then start accumulating value of any kind.

it's all one big pyramid scheme

What? It costs a thousand dollars in electricity alone tl produce a bitcoin (John MacAfee). Bitcoin has value in that people want it, same as anything else. There is no such thing as intrinsic value.

And most of them aren't "meme coins". A lot of crypto has different use cases, be it BTC, ETH, XMR, XRP

i have seen this script on one site they informed users about it though. cpu usage was always 100% when dat aite open.

it would be more lucrative to simply grow pot in your basement

here you go m8

pr0gramm.com/static/top/

Ads are going to exist no matter what. Personally we can opt out of them. That's good. But wouldn't you rather there be alternatives to Google adsense for content creators? Patreon was good, but it is politically biased. So is paypal.

Wire transfers and mail for guaranteed exchange are all we are capable of?

I'm not defending or supporting anything running in the background unknowingly. The example I'm supporting is if your website has a large userbase, you can use a portion of that traffic which are interested in something of value in exchange for renting you their CPU.

I see the potential. Sites you visit frequently prompting you if you're interested in mining at intervals Z at the level of X. Whatever man Facebook probably does this already. Just let zuckerkike make money off mining I guess... OR the everyday dude that gets 20k pageviews a month to his right wing hate blog?

but Internet without normies also sounds niceā€¦

the use case they're shilling for this german furry site seem's sketchy too.

i've got a decent older i5 and it averaged 20h/s, that comes out to $1.08/mo. They claim $5288 in two weeks with a 120kh/s peak.

the numbers i see show 120kh/s solid for 2 weeks comes out to 6488.61/2, or $3244/mo.

120,000h/s. Assuming everyone was averaging my speed of 20h/s, that's 6000 users.

tldr; these numbers don't add up, they're inflated. the average site owner isn't going to make shit.

it could be like a weapon to use against normies.
if you have the login for a website, you don't get the miner running for yourself. everyone else though would get it triggered.

a perfect example of this being useful is wizardchan, they hate when normies come to laugh at them from twitter. so they could barrage the normies hardware because they don't know about the *autistic config option here layered behind 3 menus*

these coin-hive kike's also take 30% off the top as a usage fee. If your making $6000 in two weeks of this javascript miner it seems like it would be worth it to reverse engineer or tweak it away from them.

well yeah thats bound to happen if we encourage this development

it would be better for everyone if they took a redhat approach.

i can see cloudflare switching to this instead of google captcha. google makes money with it only because they have the massive infrastructure where it's useful, they would otherwise have to pay pajeets or chinks 3 cents an hour to do this, cloudflare makes zero money by using it.

at least its a botnet that tells you its a botnet.

The problem is there is no limit to jewish greed.

This is stupid though

The point of captcha is to prevent bots from posting, this just makes money from them.

pretty sure it would be using the same tech google is which does the exact same thing, it's just doing a quick hash download as payment

probably this, why not both?

Attacks featuring Monero miners are already out in the wild. Showtime got hit with one through their analytics company.

CBS's Showtime caught mining crypto-coins in viewers' web browsers
>Who placed the JavaScript code on two primetime dot-coms? So far, it's a mystery

archive.fo/i9cY7
theregister.co.uk/2017/09/25/showtime_hit_with_coinmining_script/

Now I have to start blocking first party scripts too.

That's deliberate to try and obfuscate it from the end user as much as possible,

The value is that the ((( FED ))) can not inflate your savings away. BTC is already more valuable than the dollar for that reason alone.

Ron needs to enable this for board owners so they can get paid for their work.

So this... is the power... of Web 2.0...

things like this encourage piracy, but then i remembered that piratebay did a "trial run" with coin-hive
shit makes me laugh