ITT: Software you can trust!

Okay so, I don't know diddly squat about Holla Forums and the way you nerds do things around here, but I have an issue with some stuff and I need to delete said stuff but in a secure manner. So my question to you is: what program do you use and trust to delete ur shit?

And while you're at it, what programs in general do you know are reputable and trustworthy that you use daily. I know open source stuff tends to be safe, but with the stuff that leaked on thischan I don't know who I can trust.

am new here, plis no buly

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/4vQvm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the one you make yourself
you can't trust anything else

I use shred -u when I'm paranoid.

shred, dd, bleachbit. pick one

/thread

if you need to delete something this bad and aren't literate enough to be sure you deleted it, consider fire, or throwing dismantled hdd into volcano, etc

lmao

have you considered looking at abandonwares? Also pay attention to the signatures.

this, and encrypt your system, just in case

What do you mean by signatures? Md5's? Also, I don't think DOS programs works in Windwews 7.

hardy har

I'm not talking that far back. Use compatibility mode if that is still an option. Signatures/scanning are somewhat necessary as a precaution for these sorts of things though.

I liek that idea more though

I think I will skip the wiping and reinstalling, but yes I do have a portable of Debian. Though, I have already done too much to my precious windwews, it'll disturb my workflow. However, I thank you for the suggestion. If I have the time, I will consider it.

The shit I got into isn't particularly illegal, but it could stir up something undesired. So I will try the Blichbeat and maybe encryption.

Whenever I research encryption, I tend to get articles that say "so and so programs used to be super insecure and we're still not sure if they're fixed but try one anyway." Or at least, that's the vibe I get. Do you know of any encryption software that's not shit, or am I not searching deep enough?

cryptsetup (LUKS/dm-crypt), and gpg.

I'm not sure shred works reliably on modern filesystems like ext3 and ext4. It says so itself when at execution. What filesystem do you use? FAT32? That's not a joke question.

DBAN and Tails. Yes I know they're not "encryption software" that you asked. If that's what you really want, look at TrueCrypt, VeraCrypt or LUKS.

But IMO, if you're hellbent on keeping stuff persistently on your computer you might as well not encrypt it, because what's the point? Endless cycles of LET'S DECRYPT THIS AGAIN, DOH SCREWED UP THE PASSWORD AGAIN, LEMME TRY AGAIN. And it takes just one moment for a keylogger to steal a password that you never ever change.

CANT EVEN TRUST YOUR OWN SOFTWARE

faggot

That's like... your opinion, man. Do you have like any... proof, man?

its true man

archive.fo/4vQvm straight from the mouths at microscam

Ask yourself, do you trust that his command will turn off botnet insertion into your binary? After they are automatically botnetting your binaries by default as you compile them?

Yeah I remember that minor shitstorm, it was very shady, I agree. BUT THE FACT IS they removed this "feature" from VS2017.

Unless there is proof it VS2017 still does this telemetry crap to your exe's, MS are clean now (after having been caught).

Wew, after much autism I found out that it doesn't phone home to microscam for visual studio 2017. It phones home to a joint venture of the gook cucked head quarters and the cianiggers. I would post proof but it would be suicidal. Simple test though. Compile a program in visual studio 2017. Then on a completely different computer boot a linux distro with wine installed. Run that program with wine and check the output of netstat. Then follow the breadcrumbs.

kys im not defending microshit

just use the mingw binary for windows thats compiled by an ms employee :^)

pathetic