Old Marvel movies and TV

So I was reading this fafic that crossed over Quantum Leap with the old Bill Bixby Hulk TV show, and it mentioned a few of the old Marvel TV shows, suggesting a kind of pre MCU shared universe, which got me to thinking, you could almost have The Avengers, if you had the Matt Salinger Captain America, the Bixby/Ferrigno Hulk, and the TV Thor. Almost The Defenders, too, with Dr. Strange and Howard The Duck.
No X-Men, but there was Generation X and X-Man. The Fantastic Four, and you can almost make a case for the three Captain Americas, if you had the movie serial guy as a copycat, and Reb Brown's cap as the Salinger Cap's son, if he had a chance to knock someone up before he got frozen and after he got the serum. That still would make the Reb Cap a bit too old, so maybe he was the movie serial cap's son? If the serial cap had the serum, to explain TV Cap's powers.
TV Spider-Man, crappy Man-Thing, Hasselhoff Nick Fury, crappy Daredevil, Dolph Lundgren Punisher.

Other urls found in this thread:

wipfilms.net/sci-fi-and-fantasy/dr-strange/
wipfilms.net/sci-fi-and-fantasy/doctor-mordrid/
wipfilms.net/sci-fi-and-fantasy/the-fantastic-four/
wipfilms.net/sci-fi-and-fantasy/generation-x/
wipfilms.net/sci-fi-and-fantasy/the-green-goblins-last-stand/
wipfilms.net/sci-fi-and-fantasy/the-incredible-hulk-death-in-the-family/#more-167119
wipfilms.net/slasher-and-giallo/casey-jones/#more-185144
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I watched the Captain America movie and the David Housenholf Nick Fury BUT in spanish from Latinland and I can say is that Nick fury series was interesting (I did not know that it was a comic book character).

wipfilms.net/sci-fi-and-fantasy/dr-strange/

For anyone who feels like inflicting this on themselves. Incidentally, if anyone knows any good sources for B-movies like wipfilms, please let me know as I'm looking for a new source since the wip guy appears to have died.

Dr. Strange looks like Norm MacDonald doing his Burt Reynolds impression in the 70s.

I got X-Man mixed up with Mutant X.

Here is literally all you have to do to make a decent comic book movie:
1. Read a fucking comic
2. Do everything exactly like the fucking comic (at least for the first movie)
3. Tell the jews upstairs to shut their fucking mouths with all their "notes" and other brilliant ideas
4. Reap the rewards.

I actually watched that. Jubilee was white instead of Chinese. It was shit.

Holy fuck, I still can't understand how they got away with that, legally speaking.

Come on user, that would never work.

To be fair, it was a TV pilot made in 1991. A 1:1 adaptation is out of the cards no matter how you spin it. That it never got picked up is a blessing.

Deadpool was pretty risky though. Even with its budget cut to the bone, it was still an R-Rated movie released in February. If it had bombed, we wouldn't be getting a R-Rated Wolverine movie.

Yeah but we live in the timeline where it succeeded. For now. The real problem is that we still won't be getting an actual Wolverine costume.

Man, I loved that movie. I wonder how much they had to pay out to Disney/Marvel in order to use a helicarrier?

Yes, but they still could have made them some frigging costumes. That was just lazy as fuck.

To be honest, that might be for the best. Wolverine's headgear might not translate well to the screen.

Fuck that, it'd look great. A comic book character needs to have an actual comic book costume. It was the one good thing they at least attempted with X-men Apocalypse.

Damn that Wolverine costume looks badass. I wish they would do this in the movies.

That was one of the few good things about the movie. Still bugs me that Mystique is the leader of the Xmen now.

That's what happens when you cast what's her name

Damn right to both. Fucking Jennifer Lawrence. It wouldn't be so bad if it was anyone but her in the role. It'd still be jarring to have Mystique as the leader but much less aggravating if it's not a dumb cunt like Lawrence.

High price actress means high starting role.

What?

The mask never works IRL. I've yet to see a single cosplayer, fanfilm, or any of the actors who play Wolverine at cons pull it off.

A big problem is the sideburns. Where do they go? Are they retractable like his claws? I've seen one artist draw them sticking out of his mask, and it looked ridiculous.

Why'd they even try live action for a Power Pack adaption? Why in tarnation didn't they just go with animation?

Even if you did all that shit, comic books don't really translate to live action well. They're cartoons. The best medium for them to be adapted to is animation, where you can do them more-or-less without compromise.

Just take the mask/helmet and give it white CGI eyes like they did with Deadpool. The sideburns can stick out a little. Makes him look more grizzly anyway with facial hair all over.

You couldn't get away with that in a normal xmen movie

In Deadpool the final fight takes place on an abandoned helicarrier in a junkyard.

I don't know what they were thinking with the TV Daredevil costume.
For some reason executives always want to turn DD's costume black. They ordered Mark Steven Johnson to make the costume in Affleckdevil black, with a pirate hat, because they were afraid he'd look like Spider-Man. So he made it red and shot the fight scenes under fluorescent light that made it look black, and since the rushes the executives were seeing were just the fight scenes, they were none the wiser.
And he went back with CGI and fixed the mask post-production, the only time that breaks down is when Elektra takes off his mask, it doesn't move quite right.

You know, Daredevil's been around for, what, 50 years? And no-one's got him confused with Spider-Man yet. On the other hand, make the costume black and he looks a lot like Batman.
And isn't it supposed to be a secret that Daredevil is blind? Nice job not giving the mask eyeholes, that'll fool them. I remember Stan Lee being quoted as saying that whoever designed Daredevils' TV costume should be stranded on a desert island with nothing to read but D.C. comics.

Shit, must have missed that. I thought it was just an abandoned ship or something

Looks a lot like the one in the Season 1 of the netflix show. Don't know if that was intentional or not. Or could be a reference to the Frank Miller run.

You totally could've. The problem is you have people like Singer in charge. People who hate comic books and camp who don't want to make an actual comic book movie.

It predates The Man Without Fear

well damn. Guess it was a stupid decision then.

Angie Bowie wanted to play Black Widow in a 70's Daredevil movie that nearly happened.
Charles Band had the rights to Dr. Strange, let them lapse, and made the film anyway, with Jeffrey Combs and Brian Thompson.
Vincent D'Orofino made a pretty good Thor years before he was the Kingpin.
They did make a costume for Dolph's Punisher, but apparently it looked ridiculous so they didn't use it.

Damn didn't know D'nofrio was so buff.

Honestly, I kind of like that Black Widow costume better than the movies.

I think it's supposed to be one of the Hydra kill-carriers from Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

She also did a screen test for Wonder Woman…

so the screen test was for the Wonder Woman tv show? I'm kind of torn. She looks good as Wonder Woman though I wonder how her acting would go up against Lynda Carter.

They didn't, really. Fox sued Marvel, Marvel sued Fox, Fox and Marvel settled out of court but continued to sue Tribune and Fireworks, Fireworks went out of business and Tribune sued Marvel for telling them they were getting the X-Men licence.

Sorry I forgot to mention it in my earlier post, but this site is definitely NSFW

wipfilms.net/sci-fi-and-fantasy/doctor-mordrid/

wipfilms.net/sci-fi-and-fantasy/the-fantastic-four/

Generation X
wipfilms.net/sci-fi-and-fantasy/generation-x/

And here's some fan film I just noticed.
wipfilms.net/sci-fi-and-fantasy/the-green-goblins-last-stand/

The Incredible Hulk Returns
wipfilms.net/sci-fi-and-fantasy/the-incredible-hulk-death-in-the-family/#more-167119

Some fan film about Casey Jones
wipfilms.net/slasher-and-giallo/casey-jones/#more-185144