2,000 Seattle Teachers Wear 'Black Lives Matter' T-Shirts To Class

About 2,000 Seattle educators wore Black Lives Matter shirts at their schools Wednesday to call for racial equity in education.

Schools across the district held “Black Lives Matter at School” rallies before classes began for the day. Students, parents and teachers also wore stickers and buttons emblazoned with the “Black Lives Matter” slogan.

The purpose of the day was to affirm that “black lives matter in the public schools,” according to organizers, who are members of Social Equality Educators, a group of educators within the Seattle teachers union. Teachers also wanted to show their support for John Muir Elementary, which had its “Black Men Uniting to Change the Narrative” event canceled last month after receiving a threat over teachers’ plans to wear Black Lives Matter shirts.

Before school started Wednesday at Chief Sealth International High School, dozens of educators and students gathered outside the building and held up banners and signs.

About 60 Chief Sealth educators had ordered the shirts beforehand. Some of the shirts said “Black Lives Matter” and “#say­hername,” a reference to Sandra Bland, a black woman who died in police custody in Texas. Those shirts had an image of a fist. Others wore shirts that said “Black Lives Matter” and “We Stand Together” with an image of a tree.

Teacher Diana Romero said she decided to wear a shirt “to support our black brothers and sisters in support for justice.” As a Latina, she said she has seen firsthand the unfair treatment of people of color by police officers.

A sixth-grade class from nearby Denny International Middle School, whose teacher brought them to the Sealth rally, wore Black Lives Matter stickers. Teacher Ben Evans said he wanted them to see how their voices can be heard. Many of his students are aware of racial inequities already, he added.

“Black Lives Matter At School” wasn’t sponsored by the school district, but it coincides with Seattle Public Schools’ “day of unity,” aimed at bringing more attention to racial equity in education. The district said in a statement that it has asked students, family, staff and community members to “engage and join the conversation in our united efforts to eliminate opportunity gaps.” As a public institution, the district doesn’t take official positions on social or political movements, district spokesman Luke Duecy said in a statement earlier this week.

Because Wednesday’s rally at Sealth was not an official district event, teachers were told to leave before students started arriving for school. But members of the Black Student Union (BSU) remained until the start of classes.

For BSU President Precious Manning, 17, the rally and shirts represented the international school coming together in solidarity. Black Lives Matter means making sure everyone is included, she said.

“Black Lives Matter means ‘don’t leave us out,’ ” she said.

Each school planned its own events for “Black Lives Matter at School” day. At Leschi Elementary, for example, participants taped notes on a banner that asked “What does Black Lives Matter mean at Leschi?” Lowell Elementary’s front sign read “Black Lives Matter at Lowell.”

archive.is/iIDXu

So most of them are women.

Well good thing my new stereo arrived. They will appreciate some music.

THANKS JEWS WOMEN!

Probably a problem throughout the western world, to many female teachers, no proper role models for boys.
Also no idea from the article what problems they are facing, besides some black woman dying in Texas and the notion of "don't leave us out"

Jews was supposed to be in strikethrough, dammit, always trouble with these people.

you better come through man

I will , i just want you faggots to meme for me

Daily reminder for you crackas to cough up.

you're killing me goyim

It is. Can’t you see it?

Oh my god, what a fucking joke.
BLM has been endlessly discredited as violent, disorganized, and overtly racist towards whites, and yet these filthy libs continue to support it as some paragon of a civil-rights movement, like the 1960s all over again. Get real.

But we already spent 20 trillion on them.
Debt paid off and they owe us 6 trillion.

Deduct the trillions spent on Black welfare queens and there are no reparations owed.

Ebonomics:
Basically "you owe me everything you have, and then some".

There was a mem a while ago proving that the jews ran the African slave trade.

Anyone have it, i'll send it to this 14t sheboon?

Niggers are low IQ. People don't want to admit biology.

Blacks bring the killing upon themselves because they do stupid shit, like running at cops holding guns – or just acting like niggers in general.

Fuck BLM. Virtue signaling faggots.

If I had there money, I'd sue the school district for keks.

Wew

Wow, this will really change kids' minds. Children love and respect their teachers. Teachers are rad.

What a specimen.

This entire part of the state is going to be Portland/San-Fran 2.0 extra pozz edition in ten years. We already got San-Fran's homeless people. All we need now is more fags and hipsters.
Seriously though you're really gonna want a backup plan for 2025 if you live here and are even slightly redpilled.

These cunts wouldn't survive a minute in an all-black school

This sheboon is making inroads and a tough argument. kek

Just offer her a $14 meal at KFC

She hasn't responded to a single point. She just says GIBS ME DAT RIGHT NOW to everything.

Niggers can't into math. What a surprise.

Sadly true. Dem voters already have a numerical advantage. It's at least mostly contained in the I-5 corridor though.

Honestly, even though I have no guilt or responsibility for slavery, I'd gladly pitch in at least $100 if it means they go back to Africa.

Whenever I hear anything about #NiggerLivesMatter my immediate thought is to #SendInUSMC.

Seriously, just fucking put them down already.

TOP CUCKOLDRY

nice jam o matic POS there sambo, rather have a single action than a POS like that

I hope Trump send them all to Gitmo for supporting domestic terrorists.

why is this happening in seattle and not some southern city full of niggers? this virtue signaling is out of control