Cartoons aren't cool anymore

Joseph Torres
Joseph Torres

Be me
Be looking after my nephew for the weekend
Nephew loves cartoons
I don't know what shit he is looking at on the TV though,
Everything looks awfull for me, Steeven Universe, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls…
Decide to show him a couple of shows from my childhood to see if i can get him hooked up on them instead
WOOOOAAAAAA! he yells
These cartoons are soooooo cool, he excalims
Why are cartoons today not cool anymore uncle? he asks me
Why? i ask to myself
Why? i ask you Holla Forums
Why are cartoons not cool anymore?

All urls found in this thread:
http://archive.is/Pz9x5
Levi Johnson
Levi Johnson

You know the sad part is some of the cartoons were made with the explicit intent to sell toys. Hell even some of them barely had toys but were still awesome as fuck.

Do we need toyetic shows back? Should we blame the directors making these new shows? I feel like we've lost the appeal of action we used to have in cartoons, alot of people in animation nowadays seem like whipped bitches.

Leo Fisher
Leo Fisher

Because dumbasses are pushing either their agenda, their boring lives, or their lack of creativity instead of trying to sell toys via appealing characters, action, etc.

Luis Barnes
Luis Barnes

tfw the kids these days will not know the golden age of cartoons

Atleast they have Star Vs, Gravity Falls, TMNT, World of Gumball, and The Loud House i guess. Still depressing.

Ayden Perez
Ayden Perez

Be me
This shit aint Tumblr

Luke Parker
Luke Parker

Nimu certainly got the toy aspect down, every single animu show i see hasat least one cool locking character that looks even better i toy form.
Back in the day i was to dirt poor to afford any toys, but i still loved how cool everything was
dubs of truth
I can't belive Jews forsake Jewing money out of kids by making glorified commercials in exchange of trying to Jew their brains with SJW shit like SU
TMNT is the only thing remotelly comparable to the golden age, it is the only cartoon with character that a kid would like to draw or own toys of
sage cus bumping my own tread is shamefull

Samuel Harris
Samuel Harris

Ben 10 is still around and the current TMNT show is too. Both are toyetic as fuck. Shit but toyetic. The solution is not bringing those types of shows back but getting rid of the scum and hipsters swelling the industry right now. We need creativity, risk taking, people with visions, heart, grand story telling adventures that aren't afraid to be a little dark to entertain kids and adults alike.

Okay, shit, shit, okay, and mediocre. This is no way for a kid to live. Nothing but crap cartoons to watch.

Parker Garcia
Parker Garcia

Low energy.

Meanwhile in Nippon even cartoons for little girls are hardcore.

Blake Bennett
Blake Bennett

3rd was meant to be this.

Liam Harris
Liam Harris

I thought I read somewhere that a big problem with the entertainment industry now is that alot of the new blood are big pushovers.

Joseph Jenkins
Joseph Jenkins

Also, network execs are out-of-touch or jewish, or both.

Anthony Richardson
Anthony Richardson

Toxic masculinity, tbh.

Adam Roberts
Adam Roberts

You might be thinking of that video with the famous guy, forget his name, with the big mustache and poofy hair. Talking about how record companies used to be run by big older men who would take risks with different things while the new guys are all about trends.

Connor Martin
Connor Martin

Frank Zappa?

Christian James
Christian James

Doesn't know Frank Zappa, friend of the King

Landon White
Landon White

By the Sign of Jhebbal Sag

Lincoln Ramirez
Lincoln Ramirez

obviously lesbians
infinitly better than SU

Alexander Flores
Alexander Flores

Catholic Girls with a tiny little mustache

Adrian Hughes
Adrian Hughes

True dat.

Ryan Roberts
Ryan Roberts

The powers that be in media are trying to "improve" culture by basically removing everything that appeals to boys and hoping they'll eventually develop a taste for "modern" ideals.

Julian Howard
Julian Howard

Maybe if your nephew bought toys, you'd still have your expensive action cartoons.

Elijah Miller
Elijah Miller

Cool story bro.

Jose Brooks
Jose Brooks

I forgot his name! I'm sorry!

Adrian Edwards
Adrian Edwards

Isn't lack of toys what killed Young Justice and other good cartoons on CN?

Henry Collins
Henry Collins

be me
Because his uncle is a huge faggot

Tyler Gomez
Tyler Gomez

No their problem was that girls were buying the toys over boys.

Alot of times CN uses the 'not selling toys' excuse as a BS reason to kill off a show because they won't play ball with them. That's what happened to Symbionic Titan.

Angel James
Angel James

Young Justice actually had a toy line, but Mattel discontinued for "lack of interest".

No their problem was that girls were buying the toys over boys.

It wouldn't surprise me. Mattel is very particular about the gender of their consumers.

That's what happened to Symbionic Titan.

Elaborate.

Owen Powell
Owen Powell

anime
infinitely better than SU

Ethan Richardson
Ethan Richardson

I wonder if this is just a chain.

Families make much less and are in debt, so they can't afford toys. Less toy sales from shows mean a switch to cheap, don't give a shit shows with a focus on ad revenue. Then it's an auger of fail as decreasing interest results in lower ad revenue, which results in more of a squeeze on production which leads to galling interest.

Charles Brooks
Charles Brooks

(doesn't know how to greentext)
/bog/index.html

Juan Martinez
Juan Martinez

That's what happened to Symbionic Titan.
SBT was killed off with the excuse of it didn't sell any toys even though they NEVER MADE ANY TOYS in the first place. Genndy was apparently told by CN to make the show more "toyetic" like Ben 10 so they could sell figures but he refused. There also another rumor that no toy company wanted to make toys because on of the 3 main character was a girl.

Eli Sanders
Eli Sanders

girls were buying the toys over boys.
Who cares who's buying as long as they're being bought? What kind of business mentality is that?

According to a “Cartoon Networker” who spoke to the TAG Blog:
“Genddy’s moved on to Sony Pictures Animation. Titan got competitive ratings with other action shows, but what shut it down was it didn’t have enough toys connected to it. If you don’t have the [toy sales], the studios don’t want to renew for another season.”

http://archive.is/Pz9x5

Jordan Brooks
Jordan Brooks

I thought the problem was that because the facebase was more female focused toys didn't get bought because girls don't buy toys.

Christopher Allen
Christopher Allen

The Jews.

Jose Davis
Jose Davis

I like how an excellent thread subject was resolved so quickly
proud of you guys

you forgot Exosquad, Thundar the Barbarian, Mighty Max and some others too

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page