With the recent leaks about how pozzilla gathers userdata to prevent hate...

Isaac Cruz
Isaac Cruz

WHY IS THERE NOT A SINGLE GOOD BROWSER??

with the recent leaks about how pozzilla gathers userdata to prevent hate speech and wrongthink it becomes clear that we NEED a good and free browser.

Get to work Holla Forums

All urls found in this thread:
https://otter-browser.org/
Kayden Robinson
Kayden Robinson

Now accepting logo submissions

Henry Richardson
Henry Richardson

Do we really need 70 fucking thread about firefox? Just use one of the other ones, faggots.

William Rodriguez
William Rodriguez

Hey fam, I couldn't help but see your thread and I just wanted to stop by and say "great job". What a nice thread. It'd be great if we could have more threads like this.

Thanks, hope to see you again soon.
--anon

Zachary Diaz
Zachary Diaz

Just use Waterfox you dirty Chromecucks

Angel Wilson
Angel Wilson

See this:
If you're on Linux, disregard it.

Jayden Sanders
Jayden Sanders

because web standards are maliciously crafted to be impossible for all but the incumbents with a running start to keep up with. HTML is just OOXML that people use

Anthony Miller
Anthony Miller

there's literally 10 of them. What the fuck is this shit who keeps making them

Henry Wilson
Henry Wilson

Because browsers are a window to modern culture, and therefore something SJW scum wants to control to maintain power over said culture. Any browser that gains high enough marketshare will invariably attract marxist subversives trying to take it over.

Nathan King
Nathan King

/g/index.html

Circlejerk threads like this one are killing the board. And newfags like you who participate instead of reporting

Kayden Gray
Kayden Gray

i wonder (((who)))

James Ward
James Ward

Yeah, keep posting in the shitty thread, great job, user, that was such a meaningful observation
fucking markov chains bots using thread sliding

Connor Torres
Connor Torres

bump

Gabriel Torres
Gabriel Torres

:^)

Kevin Torres
Kevin Torres

use palemoon / TBB

simple, nigger

Tyler Hill
Tyler Hill

Brave will be good if people develop it.

Asher Wright
Asher Wright

brave will
No.

Josiah Lee
Josiah Lee

3 threads on this weren't enough
I know, we need a fourth!11
that'll do the trick
There are at least two good free browsers currently going OP. Make one better if you can.

Evan Carter
Evan Carter

we NEED a good and free browser
I agree, user. Ignore the crybaby leaniggers itt.

There is not a single browser that supports HTML/CSS, images, and downloads only. I am not a codefag, so I cannot do shit to help beyond usability, but I support your thread to
MAKE A NEW BROWSER
instead of supporting the cancer that is """modern browsers""".

KHTML is where we should start.
See:

Hunter Taylor
Hunter Taylor

Why are all of you weirdos so damn insane?

Nathan Reed
Nathan Reed

doesn't list Opera nor Vivaldi
closed

Nathaniel Nelson
Nathaniel Nelson

We will never, NEVER be able to make a decent non-text browser. Stop trying. Implementing JS is relatively easy so I don't know why all of you think dropping automatically makes the browser viable. No, it doesn't, because you are still set on implementing CSS, which is batshit insane. No, you won't ever be able to implement CSS decently. It is THAT crazy.

Instead of attempting to do the impossible, why don't you design a new, simpler protocol, learning from the mistakes of the modern web, limiting the set of options so implementing it is more or less a breeze, and with a reduced scope, a la Gopher but not so reduced? A niche protocol we could use to revive the way the web used to be, with less people and less useless websites.

Josiah Perry
Josiah Perry

Well because adoption. Let's pretend you did that and 8ch started using it and only a single browser you implemented the protocol in used it. Now every other browser would have to implement it. Also every other site would have to start using it instead of google's shilled leet javascript/css monster of the week.

Sure performance based programmers and autists would eventually use it. But without the shilling power of someone like (((them))) you will get no where. W3C is implementing a standard for all browser to have webdrm because of jewgle. GL.

Isaiah Bennett
Isaiah Bennett

libre edition

Logan Thomas
Logan Thomas

the assumption with "no data to US government maby to russian" is that the world and russians are not run by the same jewish cartel that controls the US intelligence services

Carter Reed
Carter Reed

strg+f iridium
0 of 0

what the hell is wrong with you? it's like somebody is forcing you not to use the only decent browser around. I am disappointed, Holla Forums.

Lucas Cruz
Lucas Cruz

It's not about making it popular, though. The browser will not implement JS anyway, so there is no way it could reach the normalfags, and it will probably be so broken only a few autists will use it to inflate their meme cred, so you end up with a similar userbase.

Josiah Carter
Josiah Carter

Well if this is just about doing it correctly then go for it. Write the browser in a safer language like rust while you are at it.

James Sanders
James Sanders

People need the option of a military grade browser that has uBlock and uMatrix built-in and un-uninstallable, running itself in a sandbox and private mode by default, and having 10+ years of support per version, and mostly unchanging UI.

"Support" means that same (security patched) version gets rebuilt over and over for new hardware and new OS.

I'd create it myself if I wasn't a retard in addition to being crazy.

Angel Jones
Angel Jones

Your definition of good browser is autistic as fuck. That's why you'll never find it.

Easton Morales
Easton Morales

palemoon
bazed on mozilla

hurr?

Blake Moore
Blake Moore

Vivaldi

Noah Morgan
Noah Morgan

using proprietary free(mal)ware

Lincoln Wilson
Lincoln Wilson

Are you suggesting we recreate Netrunner?

Nathan Butler
Nathan Butler

Change the name to Netsomethingelse. No one wants this NTR shit.
I'll make the logo.

Jace Mitchell
Jace Mitchell

dillo and links2 both fit your description.

Henry Kelly
Henry Kelly

Netrunner is a term older than NTR and you, you primitive screwhead.

Kevin Barnes
Kevin Barnes

As long as it has our goddess and savior and Aqua I'm in.
You're one fat slut my dude.

Luis Turner
Luis Turner

B-but, user. That's the whole joke.

Jaxson Clark
Jaxson Clark

I would be willing to contribute monthy donations of 5 to 10 dollars to this so long as it has good shit like adblock and not giving away my personal information

Luke Cooper
Luke Cooper

Reports are not read on Holla Forums just like they are not read on any other imageboard.

Ryder Rivera
Ryder Rivera

Because the internet itself is now bloatware thanks to the ever expanding HTML specification.

Jayden Watson
Jayden Watson

everything based on firefox is shit
Palemoon forked Firefof at version 24, it has almost nothing to do with Firefox today. They are almost completely different forks. It's been over a decade since they forked.

Mason Jackson
Mason Jackson

<Use firefox and just turn these fucking features off (the options are quite obvious)
<Use Icecat which doesn't have them
<Use qutebrowser you dumbass

Levi Miller
Levi Miller

forked Firefox at version 24 (released less than 4 years ago)
It's been over a decade since they forked.

Hunter Thompson
Hunter Thompson

Links is pretty sort of good. works even on this shitty imageboard

Cameron Myers
Cameron Myers

Netrunner is a term older than NTR
An internet term being older than a historical word
Yeah, right.

Lucas Foster
Lucas Foster

What's the lightest of lightweight browsers?
Pretty much all I want are tabs, an adblock and a default theme that doesn't make my eyes bleed during nightly viewings.

Isaiah Murphy
Isaiah Murphy

People only started using NTR after japs got on the internet. WOTC's NetRunner card game was around before that, and around before Netrunner Linux.

Connor Jenkins
Connor Jenkins

Your attempt​ of defense is laughable.
You probably didn't know Netorare was a real word, from Netoru, and thought NTR was a meme word of today's kids.
Pitiful.
It's literally Cuckoldry, Adultery, like, go fuck yourself.
BUT MUH NETRUNNER LINUX MUH NETRUNNER CARD
It's even totally unoriginal, who was the retard who thought this was a good idea? Probably one of your types, all hype no skill.

Wyatt Martinez
Wyatt Martinez

actual abbreviation would be NR
maybe NtR at a stretch
Have you considered psychiatric assistance for your "BBC" obsession, /pol/?

Dominic Rodriguez
Dominic Rodriguez

neato rare

Sebastian Lopez
Sebastian Lopez

Nobody had to shorten "netorare" to NTR until the internet, because nobody worried about character count when handwriting kanji, you fucking loon.

Michael Sanchez
Michael Sanchez

Let's just make a gopher browser for NNTPchan

Ethan Robinson
Ethan Robinson

with the recent leaks about how pozzilla gathers userdata to prevent
hate speech and wrongthink

This is literally fake news though, good job proving them right, /pol/lution.

Adrian Davis
Adrian Davis

Prototype, actually fucked about in MS paint for this.

Tyler Mitchell
Tyler Mitchell

taking the obvious joke seriously
can I abandon irony with you? together?

Mason Watson
Mason Watson

/pol/? This naming issue has been a hot topic on 4/g/ since ever.
Please, seal your mental demons that haunt you and stop projecting them.

Alexander Long
Alexander Long

What's with your obsession? Do you also have rape fantasies with /pol/ dicking your ass?
Have some NTR logo, trigger more, it's beautiful.

Juan Nelson
Juan Nelson

now thats a great logo, doesn't even need the moonman reference to be great

Anthony Kelly
Anthony Kelly

This.

There used to be tons of small, independent browsers.

Now you can choose between Chrome variants, Firefox variants, or Internet Explorer.

That's it.
All cancer.

I remember using a 2mb browser that needed no installation, and was built by a couple of guys. That was a long time ago.

Isaac Foster
Isaac Foster

The problem aren't the browser. The problem are making the websites.

Good points.

Kevin Ward
Kevin Ward

muh sjw
muh cuck
muh Eich
(((le scary jew parentheses)))
I fucking hate all of you. These threads are all the same and in the end you can't even prove anything you're talking about.
You're just a bunch of reactionary morons who trip over themselves to be offended and act like persecuted because there is a group you don't like. Fuck you.
I just want to discuss technology without having to filter a thousand comments of "(((cuck cuck cuck sjw im a le troll & internet is serious bussiness XDDDD)))"
God dammit. I hate you.

Brandon Morris
Brandon Morris

Don't throw such a tantrum that you don't like reality. You're going to suffer.

Connor Kelly
Connor Kelly

The baby is crying now. Don't worry, having a mental breakdown in common among your people.
You guys are also vastly overrepresented in mental illnesses so you're fated to do that.
Now, the door is open, you may go.

Ethan Davis
Ethan Davis

love it!

Jose Perez
Jose Perez

Why would anybody "shorten" 寝取られ to NTR, when it's only one character shorter?

Ryder Hall
Ryder Hall

This would be a great logo for a Pale Moon fork.

Dank Moon when?

Carter Torres
Carter Torres

reactionary my anus

Gabriel Brooks
Gabriel Brooks

stay mad, oven dodger

Lucas Lewis
Lucas Lewis

What's wrong with Vivaldi again?

Cooper Miller
Cooper Miller

What's the deal with Brave?

Joseph Rivera
Joseph Rivera

otter
qupzilla
qutebrowser
luakit
eolie
poseidon

Of course you think there aren't any good browsers if you've been using the big 3 or 4 all your life.

Kevin Collins
Kevin Collins

<These threads are all the same and in the end you can't even prove anything you're talking about.
How about you fucking observe that the demographic that composes 2% of the US's population occupies a disproportionate number of high-level government and corporate positions? Wikipedia doesn't even make any effort to hide it.
<act like persecuted because there is a group you don't like
But why do we dislike them?

Brandon Jackson
Brandon Jackson

serious answer to an obvious b8post
nigger, step it up

Easton Anderson
Easton Anderson

Former iCab/Omniweb/Opera user here, it's amazing nobody wants to write HTML/CSS or JS engines anymore. Soon, the cancer that started with WHATWG will evolve to the point of deprecating all standards documents in favor of Blink's source tree, all bugs will become features, and full monoculture will be achieved.

Logan Campbell
Logan Campbell

Nice try, but I'm not a blonde, my hair isn't straight, I don't have a katana and neither nintendo shit on my desk.
Pic related is how I look like.
Now kill yourself, nobody wants you, nobody needs you, nobody likes you.

Isaac Watson
Isaac Watson

The reason is because users like yourself refuse to invest yourself into developing the one you want. You're just leeching over the work that other people provide.

Isaac Ross
Isaac Ross

That would be a valid excuse for practically any other type of software. But in the case of web browsers, everyone (including the authors) thinks every single browser today is garbage-tier by the standards most software is judged on.

I think a superior analysis would be that browsers suck because webpages themselves suck. Of course, this could then be turned around to reason that webpages only suck as badly as they do because browsers have historically been subjected to a perverse incentive of tolerating suckier and suckier webpages in an endless downward spiral. Combined with the fact that the web was designed around handcoding and totally idiosyncratic automated tools in lieu of proper read/write systems as envisioned by Arena/Amaya, encouraging a separation between the capabilities and implementations of browsing and authoring software.

Lincoln Nelson
Lincoln Nelson

the demographic that composes 2% of the US's population occupies a disproportionate number of high-level government and corporate positions
As should be expected, given that the group in question also boasts an average IQ a full standard deviation above the next highest group.

Lincoln Flores
Lincoln Flores

It's below whites and northeast asians, both of which are underrepresented.
Nice try, Shlomo. >>>/oven/

Zachary Collins
Zachary Collins

Jews give preference to other Jews you lying kike. Also, the average IQ in your jewland is 95. Inb4 arabs: average burger IQ is higher and they have niggers.

Asher Brooks
Asher Brooks

Actually, it's only a sample of them. For instance, the American median is 98, but White people in Michigan have a median of 148.
Understood? Studies that show a high Ashkenazi IQ use selective bias. If you correct for Israeli Ashkenazi Jews their IQ drops to 102.

Jaxon Mitchell
Jaxon Mitchell

Samething as palemoon but based off of Firefox 45/55 when?

Aiden Martin
Aiden Martin

Not open source.
Waterfox?

Nathan Rodriguez
Nathan Rodriguez

Im using pic related in my phone, how fucked ami?

Xavier Young
Xavier Young

how fucked ami?
Looks like a chance of thunderstorms user. I'd stay indoors if I were you

Luke Diaz
Luke Diaz

with the recent leaks about how pozzilla gathers userdata to prevent hate speech and wrongthink
Where'd you get this from?
I'd just configure firefox yourself to remove problematic elements. Or you could use a fork.
but White people in Michigan have a median of 148.
I'd love to see where you got this from too
If you correct for Israeli Ashkenazi Jews their IQ drops to 102.
Confused what you mean? I know Israel has a lower IQ than the american jewish population, but it seems like you're saying the stats are measured wrong.

Sage because most is off topic.

Connor Johnson
Connor Johnson

This maybe?
Dubbed the Mozilla Information Trust Initiative (MITI), the project is aimed at bringing together companies and interest groups from around the web to better understand the fake news problem and figure out what, if anything, can be done to fix it.
For Mozilla, taking on fake news isn't a sideshow from its software projects. The company sees misinformation as counter to what it says is its central mission — making the Internet a global public resource.
If they have no right and no way to take down the content of a webpage, at least they have control over what their browser will display.
Related to the new project, Mozilla will soon be releasing a report on how misinformation affects online users. The company's researchers examined the news consumption habits of a subset of Firefox users — with their permission — during the period leading up to and after the 2016 election.
Because before the election, there was no misinformation on wikipedia the internet.
Mozilla is encouraging other companies to look back at their own user data, so that all involved can get a better understanding of the issue.
The MITI project won't just be studying the fake news problem. For example, as part of the initiative, Mozilla will be doubling down its work on existing products like Coral, which is an open source program designed to help newsrooms to better manage online discussions.
Mozilla will also be trying to come up with ways to illustrate how fake news affects people and plays on their emotions. Among the possibilities they're considering: a virtual reality experience and some kind of art installation.
"art installation", "virtual reality experience", "people's emotions". Pure cancer.

Landon Ward
Landon Ward

Australis
Rust
DRM
broken XUL extensions
how about no

Chase Ortiz
Chase Ortiz

<WaterFox
<Edge (from Kikerosoft but is still noice)
<Opera (tbh most underrated browser)
<Chrome Canary
BUT with uBlock Origin, Disconnect, and ScriptSafe Exenstions installed
<Chromium
with same Exensions installed
<Iridium
<Brave
<(((TOR)))

Literally ALL of these Browsers and you pick NONE

Dylan Davis
Dylan Davis

opera is absolutely great and snappy as fuck, even if its owned by the chinese botnet these days

Gabriel Thomas
Gabriel Thomas

opera
This is the best browser right now, the only thing that is coming close to matching it would be Firefox Nightly build 57.

Cooper Ramirez
Cooper Ramirez

I thought waterfox was going to continue updating alongside the normal Firefox releases

Charles Gray
Charles Gray

i-i just want my Firefox back

;–;

Nathaniel Bennett
Nathaniel Bennett

Waterfox
Literally ALL of these Browsers and you pick NONE
All these browsers are awful and you know nothing. Best browser is the meme browser IF built from source.

Colton Robinson
Colton Robinson

nobody posted literally best browser arround
it seems you never want your shit fixed

Josiah Young
Josiah Young

alot of browsers are either based on firefox's or chrome's code... and many developers are making forks with the promise that there is nothing suspicious in them. however if you do not want to take that chance I would like to remind you to help develop otter browser
https://otter-browser.org/

Nathan Gomez
Nathan Gomez

autism

Austin Ortiz
Austin Ortiz

Still using WebKit.. help develop netsurf instead.

Luke Nelson
Luke Nelson

jews 2% of US population
24% of undergrads at ivy league universities
IQ doesn't warrant this level of overrepresentation
accuse Dartmouth of antisemetic admissions policy for only being overrepresented 700% instead of 1100% like they are everywhere else
40% of US billionaires
push diversity to deny white gentiles entry into high paying or high status positions
lost their shit when the Soviets enacted equal employment legislation to stop them from doing the same exact thing to Russians
act like we are persecuted
act

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page