Brave Browser

What do you think of Brave?

I'm interested in it for a number of reasons. One thing that peaked my interest is that Brendan Eich created it after SJWs caused him to leave Mozilla. The decentralized advertising aspect attracts me as well as the natively ad-less engineering.

I'd be interested to hear what your opinions are on it, however.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/brave/browser-laptop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Remember when Apple removed the headphone jack from their phones? That's about what I think of it. Attempting to normalise advertising is just as courageous, or brave, as that.

leave your house more often, dumbass

If you want to donate cpu cycles to malware psyops aimed at you then sure, that's your business, I guess. Even developing countries are successfully fighting back against the ad cancer.

Thank you for coming out and admitting you're only interested in it because you're a polnigger. Eich created JS. JS is worse than Java. Eich is the God of an ethnicity very similar to pajeet, which is called hipster, whose de facto nation state is San Francisco.
Ads are bloat.
the what
is fucking cancer

stop being a hypergeneralizing autist, LARP boy

It shifts online advertising away from actual ads and more towards incentiviziation of producers for user attention. So users can read and watch what they want without corporate influence.

Isn't it based on Chromium? If so, doesn't that make it not FOSS? And doesn't it send information to Joogle?

I think TOR, Waterfox and qutebrowser are better options for privacy, at least. Though qutebrowser is very early in development.

Its pretty good specially on android where the other browsers suck or are a botnet

You can opt-out of ALL ads which is good because they suck ass

How is 3.5 years very early?

It's shit

My point is, it's not a complete software when compared to the other two.

A version number says nothing, and v1.0 will be the next release (apart from v0.11.1 maybe)

Blame Debian for that, pretty much every other distribution you can imagine has a package. There's a Debian package on its releases page.

Wrong, ad-blocking is implemented since 2014.

kike botnet browser for trendy cucks

It's shit
But faggots here will shill for it nonetheless because that'll show the SJWs or something

fuckin this. /thread

What?

That's just plain stupid.

Repulsive adware. Eich invented Javascript and was still around long after Mozilla went to shit, almost certainly involved in some of their worse decisions. Quit making excuses for the faggot just because he chose to resign after making a fool of himself.

Pretty brave for a bunch of faggots

I think you shill this too much here.

I really like Brave (moreso than Vivaldi and other browsers I've tried) especially on mobile phone because it's the only browser on mobile where I can set the search engine to startpage or duckduckgo and it has native ad-blocking and fingerprinting protection. I'm currently using Firefox with uBlock origin plugin on my phone, but it's a resource hog and crashes often. I'm giving Brave a try and will probably install it on my parent's phones and set it as default if everything goes well for the next month or two.

It's the best web browser for Android, but that's about it. I see no use in it on PC other than sometimes using it to use websites that won't work with my freedumb modifications/add-ons to Waterfox.

Why don't you make your freedumb modifications/add-ons to Brave? It's open source.

github.com/brave/browser-laptop

Why does this shit thread keep getting remade?

Is it some low effort shilling?

It's not remade. This board is just that fucking slow.

I R I D I U M
if you want a shit browser that's less shit

Iridium looks good but I'm concerned for its long-term viability if it's only going to survive on donations and also being based in Europe. Plus, they don't have a mobile app but from a cursory glance at their source code it appears that is in development.

Just installed it and jeez it's fast, loads pages faster than Waterfox or Iridium which are what I usually use.

kill yourself, jewkike

Yes.

I don't think about you at all.