Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Even the most ridiculous MCU film can't go ridiculous enough. What's wrong with the modern Hollywood and the big two just not embracing the fun and silliness of superheroes? Probably why Incredibles is one of my favorite movies. It embraces the old spandex and fun of the genre but can still tell a serious dark story. Yet here they take little to no risks for a franchise they know they can get away with it in. Just sad really.

How hard could it have been to make her green though? C'mon now.

Yeah, that's sort of what Disney always does. They make a formula, and then they follow it until that formula stops making money. If you want to see something from them that isn't just quips and boring action scenes, stop giving them money.

That last time Disney did something original was Lilo and Stitch.

Zootopia technically counts.

Disney's a world dominating company though. Even though I've stopped watching most of their crap and stopped caring about Star Wars it's not making any difference. They don't care. They're too powerful to care.

Every shekel counts, my. As long as you aren't giving them your time or money it's a good thing.

No it doesn't, the movie is just "stronk girl proves her worth/ film noir parody/anti-racism" It has good animation, I wouldn't deny that, and it's pleasant to watch, but it's pure propaganda for children. Mkaing the characters furries doesn't make the plot original. Lilo and Stitch was actually original and it had good wholesome themes.

What about Wreck-It Ralph?

Only one show has really done campiness right.

Toy Story with video games, you might like it, but it wasn't original. It was safe, it followed a formula.

You mean Toy Story with candy,

Why is Mark Hamill cosplaying as Danny Devito's Penguin?

Also the big problem with this scene is how constrained and tight everyone feels. There's no real flair to their movements. Other than that the humor's there and so is the fun silver age style capery. So that's good.

Kyle Katarn?

I knew the design looked familiar.

He wasn't going to take Disney's retconning of him lying down, apparently.

I can understand why not though, she'd be the 3rd green humanoid on the team

Neither of these are novel concepts

If you can call it that

Disney didn't retcon shit, all they did was take a massive dump on long time Star Wars fans, tell them everything they liked was fake, then sell it back to them with race swaps and gender bends.

What happened to Star Wars is fucking sad.

Am I missing something here or should Ego the Living Planet not look a bit more like, you know, a planet?

That's the point I'm making. Ego isn't a planet in the movie. He's gonna be just some dude.

Shouldn't Flash Thompson a jock and shouldn't Mary Jane be a redhead? Marvel movies are fucking garbage.

Why couldn't they just name him something else. Just make a name up and no one would mind and it would make no difference whatsoever. Character doesn't seem to have anything to do with actual Ego, unless he ends up somehow being Ego the Living planet temporarily trapped in human body.

Mary Jane isn't in the new Spiderman movie its the other chick from Spectacular.

That could save it but then that's like a Doctor Who level of trying to save money sort of move.

Wrong. It's 100% supposed to be Mary Jane but they changed the name to not piss people off anymore after the backlash happened.

More like "attract viewers" by hiring star power instead of trying to introduce abstract concepts. I thought they learned that shit didn't matter, when they put a goddamn talking raccoon on the silver screen, to no failure?

Two steps forward and 3 steps back.

I guess even the studio execs wiped The Lone Ranger from their minds

At this rate, it just seems as if (((Marvel))) wants to see what can make a film from them fail to bring in viewers, since that already wasn't enough to turn the audience away. Perhaps they're trying to see their weaknesses, in this state of hubris?

They're just run by retards.

Stop using Robert Downey Jr.. It isn't exactly rocket science.

They're run by Jews.

Well, of course that would do something. They don't want to fail. They just want to know how.

By getting the rights from Fox, they can fool everyone into getting their hopes about characters people actually know about

Wut?

Merchandise usually comes first now.

What about Atlantis the Lost Empire.

Well they made Drax more blue in color while he was green in the comics. Also, is it just me or does her eyes look like anime eyes?

I was hoping to see Adam Warlock since they are building up to this Infinity Gauntlet storyline.

How come they didn't go with Starlords dad being J'son of Spartax?

The film became The Last of the Mohicans for the second half of the movie.

I don't blame them. I wouldn't wanna associate myself with anything Bendis created.

This

I'm pretty sure he will make an appearance as an actual living planet, I mean they showed Celestials and Howard the Duck in the last one, come on.

Yeah but they don't have the greatest track record when it comes in adaptions.

Well, she wasn't green originally.

They went out of their way to specifically secure the rights for Ego (since apparently they belonged with Fox) because it was super important that they did, so I do think there'll be a payoff with Ego actually being a living planet, or at least becoming one.

Relevant quote here:

Hope so or else its another Marderin situation

It could be, and I'd be very pissed, but saying there's no backup plan and it's nearly impossible to drop another character in makes no sense if they don't have the living planet angle. Why not just make him J'son in that case?

Maybe Gunn realizes Bendis is a stupid cuck and doesn't wanna use his material.

Maybe, but that doesn't explain why they HAVE to have Ego if Kurt Russell is indeed just playing a regular guy who has nothing to do with being a living planet. They could make him literally anyone, regardless of Bendis cuckery.

I'm gonna try to hope he'll go to his planetary form later but we should all prepare for disappointment that's usually saved for the villains.

They better.