Luke Cage

Around early 2000's this guy started popping up in everything, comics, games etc etc.

Who the fuck is he? Why is he here? Does anyone actually have him as a favorite superhero?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Awesome/LukeCageHeroForHire
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bendis' cuck bull. Because Bendis. Bendis does.

I think Luke Cage can be pretty fun with the right writer, thats not afraid to write him as a blaxploitation character.

That said if I had a choice of black superheros to push would push the shit out of Icon.

So your saying he's the comic book version of Bella and the Bull(dogs)?

Yep. Very much so.

/thread
Bendis loves the BBC so fucking much.

Isn't he the black Republican from another planet? Ooh that would trigger the shit out of some leftists

The current run by Genndy is some pretty good material.

Yea, his stories are pretty interesting, and would storytime them if I had the time.

When you do, don't forget to post it, never really got around to read Icon.

I feel like hes shoved in everyones faces all the time. I've never heard anyone in my life say luke cage is my favorite character. So whats the deal there?

BENDIS

So hes like the Shadow Emperor of Marvel or something?

He's a sick, deranged, and very disturbed man that loves niggers. And he has every big Marvel name under his thumb.

Bendis along with Dan Slott, Kate Leth need to be fired from Marvel pronto.

nailed it as hard as Bendis imagined Cage nailing his self-insert Jessica Jones.
Before Bendis, Cage was just a blaxpoitation movie character with low-level superpowers who fought enemies like Mister Fish.

I always liked Cage because he's relatable.
He doesn't live on the Moon, or in a cave, or a satellite, or a penthouse.
He's just a working class joe who heroes for money because it pays the bills, and lives in a shitty apartment in a shitty part of town, and if you're some bartender or grocer getting shook down by Frogman or Porcupine, he's the one hero you can pay to bang their heads together.
Most people don't see past the whole blacksploitation element of his character, but he's also one of the few relatively down to earth guys in comics. He's a guy you could have a beer with.

Besides, you can't not love a guy who went after Dr. Doom in his own castle over $200.

We have a thread on issue 4 of that story.

If I had to guess (and I am guessing, so everyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), then I would say it was time to renew his copyright for the third or fourth time and he managed to find an actual place in the Marvel Universe once they dumped the disco pimp look they had so carefully crafted for him back in the 70s or 80s. There was an abortive Cage reboot series in the early 90s but it just didn't take (still have the first issue; soooo fucking bad). Cage-rebooted-as-Shaft-circa-2000, though? Shit was cash. Too bad they had to waste him as a prison warden in Thunderbolts and then as HNIC in the Blavengers.

I'd rather he kept the disco pimp look. It's far better than his current duds of "generic black guy".

Yeah, back when my kid was young, we'd play Ultimate Alliance together. He took Luke Cage, a lot, because he thought he looked cool in just the T-shirt and jeans. Then we unlocked the yellow shirt and he never looked back.

user, I have news for you.

Why would he be anything but a Republican?

It's a shame his sidekick has more interesting powers than he does.

Yeah. Before Bendis did "Everybody Love Cage" he always seemed like a decent Superman/Spider-Man mash up to my younger self. He wasn't as overpowered as Superman and he wasn't as moody as Spider-Man was. He had just enough power and determination to get shit done.

The first season of Luke Cage TV series was okay, but that's about the extent of it - okay. Main problem is how any whitey character is evil and how super-preachy it can get at times.

No, and ffs, outside of MLK it's not really worth knowing them either.

That, and some parts were just plain dumb.

Honestly, (((Marvel))) playing Luke off as anything other but a satirical blaxploitation character, and a serious "black lives matter" protester at that should tell you that they just don't give a fuck what anyone thinks. They'd burn it all down, if the insurance could cover it.

Don't remind me. Why would Cage buy into the same gangsta bullshit he's been fighting all these years? It makes about as much sense as him selling out to The Man and being a prison warden. Cage isn't going to buy into anyone else's bullshit. He isn't exactly fucking Muhammad X, wearing chains is about as outwardly political as he gets, but he always knew bullshit when he smelt it. Shit like that just shows that the idiots writing never actually read his old comics.

He met the Thunder bolts, eh? Heh, I wonder what the reunion with Atlas was like? They had a "namesake battle" over the "Power Man" name in Cage's book, and it ended with him… Well, it ended up in Cage's "Awesome" entry at TVTropes:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Awesome/LukeCageHeroForHire

>>>/auschwitz/

wow, you're so edgy

i'm super impressed, guys

But TS, if you don't post wih a name, my filter doesn't work :-(
When can Java advance to allow image detection of cartoon rabbits?

Disney should have gassed you back in the thirties

Indeed

You need to become civilised, and one of Hitler's finest concentration camps should do the trick!
>>>/auschwitz/

I like that rhyming. Did he do that a lot?

Powerman

And you can suck it. He's 17 now, and his girlfriend is so above 17-year-old me's paygrade, she makes my inner child scream out to the universe on the unfairness of it all.

You're supposed to read his voice in a funky african accent. You know the one.

Who's got the power?
He is the man!
CAGE

Its comics man