What did they mean with this? What's their end-game?

What did they mean with this? What's their end-game?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/chrome/browser/privacy/eula_text.html
google.com/policies/privacy/
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/04/05/faq-on-ceo-resignation/
brendaneich.com/2014/03/inclusiveness-at-mozilla/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Chrome is spying on people.

They want to promote Firefox as browser that does not spy on people to get people to use it.

This. The sad part is how Mozilla as well as other companies are using that marketing shtick while not being completely privacy-friendly by default themselves.

>google.com/chrome/browser/privacy/eula_text.html

google.com/policies/privacy/

A better market share but I prefer icecat.

Well mozilla has less shit than google chrome that's for sure.
On a spectrum of Botnet to Freedom.
Google Chrome
Chromium
Mozilla firefox EME
Icecat

Jesus fucking Christ.
You autistic fucks really can't get irony.

-From your local NSA agent

I know this meme, thank you.

But it isn't bad to remember how google is much of a monster.
And that Mozilla employees shouldn't be breathing anymore for their treacherous and unethical behavior against their old ceo.
The rare sane people that I can see nowadays are those who don't speak like the developer of icecat.

It's like rain on your wedding day

Daily reminder that Eich was never fired and they encouraged him to remain as a chief officer.

High position people are rarely fired, they almost always get chance to resign themselves to avoid having 'fired from X' on their CV.

High position people do get fired. That's what golden parachutes are for: you get them when you get fired. Having a history of being fired has no meaning.

Correction

Hardly ever. Unless they take a dump in the board's desk they're told they want to move on. It's better for both the company and the guy, for the company the headlines are better and the guy can save face.
If your last few employers fired you odds are you're trouble.

blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/04/05/faq-on-ceo-resignation/
brendaneich.com/2014/03/inclusiveness-at-mozilla/
False. Mozilla released a lengthy article explaning that a. they didn't want him to leave the position, b. the media was exaggerating the "problem", c. very few people at Mozilla wanted him to leave and they didn't even work with him; and d. they don't care about your political position at all.
If they were "virtue signaling" (or whatever buzzword is popular among you idiots now), they wouldn't need to post that shit. In fact, just saying "we fired him for being a facist nazi" would have been enough.
Eich himself says in his last blog post about Mozilla that he isn't being persecuted in Mozilla and that he has a lot of support in his CEO position.
Not to mention, both Mozilla and Eich claim that he is very well known and respected inside Mozilla; so if he really was fired for "wrongthink", why didn't they fire him before? The fact is, he was promoted to CEO even though they knew about his donation.

But please, keep spouting FUD and conspiracy theories about Mozilla. I mean, if you read it an anonymous imageboard it must be true. Surely those anonymous guys know more about this than the company and the guy himself.

From what I remember it looked like Mozilla either forced him or he and they knew Mozilla was fucked if he didn't step down because of the MANY (((orgs))) boycotting Mozilla for employing someone who doesn't even take a cock in the ass now and then.

>blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/04/05/faq-on-ceo-resignation/
It's like beveling that Turks didn't genocide the Armenians because the Turks said they didn't.
I know a lot about marketing and human relations and mozilla was jut in damage control mode.
Plus if you have a brain the post of the CEO was still when he had his post.
First, in his position at the time he couldn't spit on was he managed and that's normal.
Second, this is still in effectiveness because of his relations/influence.
He can't say shit about mozilla or someone internally because he can be sued for defamation.
If you just read only one source on the internet it must be true.

Yes but you don't know shit about human communication.
Or in words that you will understand "appealing to the masses".
If they say that they fired him directly they lose more potential users.

You can have 20 intelligent people supporting you it doesn't matter when you have a crowd of thousands drones who follow just one or two people they have enough influence to shut down your revenue and destroy your reputation via influencing other entities via sheer human quantity.

Same has before if just one of them aren't ok with this and have a horde of fanaticize idiots it doesn't matter.

The source I read are the eyewitnesses themselves. They themselves posted a completely reasonable narrative of the situation. You're telling me that a random Internet shitposter who was not present has better insight into the situation that the eyewitnesses? It's technically possible but I find it unlikely.

Mozilla had adequate cash to finance any income generating investment they could ever want. Assuming that those "drones" did indeed have such influence (I personally doubt they did), Mozilla could easily survive any dip in any of their earned revenue.

WebP is not a good format. Chrome just added support for APNG.
ESR doesn't have DRM, the DRM runs inside a sandbox, has to be enabled in a per-website basis and they offer a package without it. Not that it matters, since unchecking the "Play DRM media" means that it won't run the code at all.
What an exaggerated remark. Firefox does send telemetry, but they take almost no information and the shit it does send can be easily disabled from settings.
Most of the other connections are to download new lists for the tracking protection.
Just change the default search engine.
This didn't happen.

People at Mozilla knew about his donation. If it was such a problem, why didn't they fire him sooner? They had 5 years to fire him, yet they promoted him to CEO and attempted to save both his image and the company's with several announcements.
I was very active in Twitter back then and I can affirm with a 100 % of confidence that Mozilla isn't lying when they say only a couple of employees wanted him to leave. In fact, most of the tweets from people in the company were supportive of him.
There is no proof whatsoever that he was fired and a lot to support that he resigned because he was tired of the bullshit controversy.

silicon valley must burn and kikes like you will be the first up against the wall

I don't think you understand the difference between facts and speculation.

There are no 'facts' in your post, only hearsay and FUD.
Oh, and XUL Extensions must die.

Fuck off shill.

Ask if the Chinese are actually killing the Tibetan people and they'll tell you no.

Yes and a lot of speech are always nice but it's always a question of trust.
Do you follow blindly ? or not ?
If it is it's not trust, it's faith.
Faith doesn't have a place in the computing world.
or it's money

Like said before, but you seem to not understand it, your eyewitnesses have no interest into actually punishing someone publicly for wrong think.

Implying that you aren't.

Have you lived in a cave for the past 5 years ?

You seem aware or not of Mozilla financial situation.
I wonder who are behind these posts ?

You didn't read the post correctly or don't understand it.
Already responded in the precedent post.
Your confidence doesn't mean shit if you can't properly read posts.
-Some people at mozilla don't give a fuck about it.
-The wrong people are suddenly aware because reasons.
-Angry moob create confusion and delay.
-Ceo resigns
But there is no proof whatsoever.
It's not like it ever happened before with like the ceo of github.
"I would fork that guys repo" will never make you loose your job.

None of you have read or understood this post

Agreed, only Google knows how to design an external API competently and we should all follow their lead.

Mozilla shut down their brand merchandise store before I had a chance to buy the official Firefox doll.

:(

Extensions should not be able to crack the browser.

I have a firefox doll i could give you, it has a inch sized hole on it's rear side and a funky smell though

:/

There is a reason why they ejected Brendan Eich from Mozilla, Eich was always respectful of the privacy of the users. SJWs exposed him as a republican, which is a social crime in the US and now, newer versions of Firefox are bad. not as bad as chrome but designed to monitor the sites and users activity by any means.
Chrome and IE are equally terrible, security holes, and should not be installed.

I use Firefox's equivalent, Palemoon, and also Seamonkey.

You got any proof besides your own paranoia?

I abandoned FF as well, but my reason was the progressive retardation of the UI since Australis.

Funny since Mozilla's WebExtensions are not 100 % compatible with Chrome. They just chose it because it would simplify the work of developers by making it easier to port their existing addons (which are most of what Firefox already offers.)
XUL extensions are a mistake. Only an ignorant fuck or a complete idiot would want them to stay.

???

You mean autistic shitposting?