Website design

I guess I found an example of normal website design done in these days.
boringcompany.com/
this is not what you thought

Other urls found in this thread:

netlib.org/
nethack.org/
hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/index.html
info.cern.ch/
textfiles.com/
longpoke.github.io
erights.com
golang.web.fc2.com
erights.org
cat-v.org/
suckless.org/
drudgereport.com/
haunt.dthompson.us/
bettermotherfuckingwebsite.com/
berkshirehathaway.com/
gnu.org/philosophy/who-does-that-server-really-serve.html
bestmotherfucking.website/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Home and media pages do not work with JS disabled.

Here have some actually properly designed websites:
netlib.org/
nethack.org/
hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/index.html
info.cern.ch/
textfiles.com/

Not bad, really. It's true the home page does not work without JS, but at least it shows something.

not sure if the site works in firefux forks or Links, the main page is just blank, but there's some text in FAQ
>>>/reddit/
look, this is how you design a website:
longpoke.github.io
if you're caring about all kinds of formatting and shit you're doing it wrong
if you're caring about muh Best Practices like XHTML you're doing it wrong
erights.com is an example that almost gets it right except for this point
even golang.web.fc2.com is more tolerable than most modern websites (especially if viewed in Links)

oops
erights.org

cat-v.org/ and suckless.org/ are pretty good examples of website design imo

lmao those are some ugly ass websites you grandpa LARPers

You are so old even the imaginary youngsters on your yard are old.

Post some non ugly sites that you consider well designed.

cia.gov

file a bug against your browser vendor if default sites look bad. nobody who actualy needs to read shit gives a fuck how flashy a website looks, as long as it shows the text and is readable (the only site I can think of that fucks up so bad that it isn't readable was Sun's Java website)

conforming to XHTML is utterly pointless. browsers are too bloated slow and buggy to provide any guarantee about how things are rendered or layed out, even if they conform to XHTML. And conformance on the web is a losing battle in the first place since nobody except 5 nerds do it, and even they are wrong since the spec changes literally every 5 minutes, not to mention is constantly filled with breaking changes because le security

he's probably one of those guys who thinks a site is crap unless it looks like OP's link (despite that this particular hipster style has only existed for around 5 years)

last reply was meant to be to

I have an ancient copy of Adobe GoLive that I use for my (text+image) website pages. I bought it back around the year 2000....

I went shopping recently for something newer, and couldn't find anything similar except for Dreamweaver, which I don't want to pay every year for.
everything else is all "select a theme", and then they build pages out f HTML5 graphics objects on a canvas. most cannot even edit HTML at all.
:[
all of the other WYSIWYG editors I found don't allow you to keep a local copy of your website, and they don't allow you to arrange the files on the server as you wish
its like we're time warping and stuck with Microsoft FrontPage again

anything in website design that isn't related to conveying the relevant information in the fastest way possible is bloat, anyway.

WOW user just like the GOD (good old days) lol.
I wish I were born (like you) just in time to experience the web as it should be ROFL.
Your such a cool intellectual thinker.
May I inquire as to weather or not I am allowed to gently chew on YHP (your hard penis).

SYLFYSOT (See you later and fuck you some other time)

~DESU

He uses default fonts
He doesn't change default colors on websites to suite his local color scheme
He just pulled this out of your ass because you had nothing better to complain about
He reads websites on a widescreen monitor instead of rotating it for portrait view or using a cheap 4:3 monitor.

Kill yourself idiot.
Here is a NORMAL website
drudgereport.com/

He rotates his monitor to browse the internet like some weird pedo instead of using an ultrawide in place of dual side-by-side 4:3's.

haunt.dthompson.us/

(use-modules (haunt asset) (haunt builder blog) (haunt builder atom) (haunt builder assets) (haunt reader) (haunt reader skribe) (haunt reader texinfo) (haunt reader commonmark) (haunt site))(site #:title "Built with Guile" #:domain "example.com" #:default-metadata '((author . "Eva Luator") (email . "[email protected]/* */")) #:readers (list commonmark-reader texinfo-reader skribe-reader sxml-reader html-reader) #:builders (list (blog) (atom-feed) (atom-feeds-by-tag) (static-directory "images")))

after trying a few different web / html editors, the best one I can see is CoffeeCup

and probably Dreamweaver of course, but that is $120 a year
CoffeeCup is $30 if you are nice enough to buy it

I would buy Dreamweaver for $120, paid one time, and with no updates------but that is not an option :[

if CoffeeCup had a WYSIWYG editor it would be pretty much what I wanted,,,, it has a preview pane, but you can't edit in that

I like bettermotherfuckingwebsite.com/ . De gustibus non est disputandum.

berkshirehathaway.com/
/thread

Proprietary, Windows only
Proprietary, Adobe, literally SaaSS botnet

Get a fucking text editor and open the fucking .html files you make in a browser you faggot !

Brackets is Open Source and also has WYSIWYG.

Well I'm preparing to use user's autistic website.
Well first I have to make a choice on whether I want to replace my monitor with a 4:3, buy a new desk to fit another monitor or replace my monitor with one that rotates. I think I'll upgrade to a rotating monitor but, the only downside is that I'll have to rotate the screen every time I want to use user's website.
Then I'll have to spend some time on user's website tweaking the colors so that they are just right as well as the default browser font settings.
Actually it just has some shit that I can basically find elsewhere but, some guy on the Internet has convinced me that user's website is the pinnacle of design.
That would add unnecessary bloat to the website slowing it down by 1ms. It would also risk turning user into a gay, black, transsexual, mentally ill, hipster, web developer, SJW and Normie.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GET OUT!

impractical
that's like saying to only program in machine code... in a text editor. do u even lift phaggit

never heard of it.
,,,also it does not have WYSIWYG? it just has a preview pane ------> like CoffeeCup

the reasons that adobe is great is things like auto-checking and updating site links
and that it has WYSIWYG editing

THIS WEBSITE SHOWED ME A SERIF FONT HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

everything is part of the botnet, dude
your ISP, your cell phone service provider, your operating system

"but,,, but,,,,,,, mah hashes! mah linus! mah tor!"
yea okay. open a CP repository and see how long you last

except we're talking about a parsed language made to be human readable. Next up you'll want a visual editor for python scripts and go full retard again once someone tells you to just fucking write them in a text editor.

No, it's like saying don't use a fuckin g WYSIWYG editor to program you fucking retard !!!!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

>>>/4cuck/

You will never become good at anything.

yea but it's quicker and easier to use an editable WYSIWYG editor than it is to type HTML

then why is Dreamweaver rated the #1 html editor/website manager pretty much.... everywhere?
because it lets you edit WYSIWYG when you want, and lets you type page code when you want
the ONLY thing bad about it is the continuous price they charge now

is not programming tho--is just plain html pages

While avoiding the botnet completely is impossible, it is smart to reduce ones dependency on proprietary software, especially software that operates as service substitute[0]. I'm certainly not nearly as paranoid as i ought to be, but I draw an absolute line at SaaSS.

[0]: gnu.org/philosophy/who-does-that-server-really-serve.html

If a website dosen't have dick in it whats the fucking point? Like spinning dicks thats what matters man thats what gets my attention in a website OKAY?

bestmotherfucking.website/

How about Nvu or its successor BlueGriffon? You could also learn to write HTML by hand, it's not rocket science.

the Nvu page says Kompozer is the successor, or something

Kompozer is basic but workable, after you get it to set a local drive as the site
(I prefer to have a local copy and proof that before uploading with filezilla or whatever,,, a lot of these "web designer" programs don't allow doing this)

BlueGriffon is quite nice, the only thing it lacks is a treeview for the local site files but that's not terrible. it's got all the modern stuff and is pretty easy to use. it is the best candidate so far. you sir are a wizard [pic related]

I can write HTML by hand (also cobol/c/c++/java/vis basic) but life is too short for that shit.

And reeeaaallllly,,,,,,, Adobe GoLive still works now, even tho it's 16 years old.
It just crashes on unicode characters and 24-bit PNGs and shows a number of other minor runtime issues. It has CSS but it can't do anything with HTML5 even if I wanted.
every now and then I run into something new I want to use in a page, and ancient-GoLive gags on it