Why did everything go so wrong in season 3

Why did everything go so wrong in season 3.

It's fine but not as good as the other two.

I don't mind it.

Varga's fun. I like his actor. Ewan's fine.

Getting pretty sick of the "le epic innocent virtuous female cop" meme they keep pushing though.

would get a 10/10 if varga caps her dumb ass in a ditch somewhere just because it's not the same as the other two seasons wherein le epic virtuous all-knowing cop that somehow gets away with endlessly disobeying their superiors (which would get an actual cop fired) saves the day in the end.

So far this season seems a bit rougher/darker than the other ones so who knows. Would be nice.

I don't like Varga at all. he seems like the writers were trying too hard to top the villains from previous seasons, and in the process managed to completely miss what made those villains interesting.

Ray died

DROPPED.

Professor Lupin is my favorite villain so far.

Swango didn't die

DROPPED.

I hope Varga kills her. Eats her. And then vomits the remains.

Ray's retarded death pretty much sealed the deal as this season not only being inferior to the first two, but actively bad.

Well, at least it got the plot moving.

and only six episodes in

The only person to survive proper this season, is Sy.

Screencap this, print it out, frame it, and put it on your wall for when it happens, lads.

BRAVO HOLLYWOOD

Was there ever any doubt?

So, what's the deal with Varga?
Is he an actual powerful russian mobster? Is he pretending to be russian for the scare factor? Is he pretending to be rich and powerful just to scare Emmet, take the 50 million of his loans and run?
I really don't know what to make of him so far. Malvo was a sociopath with a fetish for corruption people. Mike was a pawn with illusions of grandeur. This guy, I'm not sure.

I mean I do too just because this EXACT SAME CHARACTER has happened four times in a row now if you count the movie. Every time the cop makes it in the end after catching/gunning down the evil bad guys and we all live happily ever after. It'd be much more interesting if we could not do that for round four. Particularly because Gloria's a fucking terrible cop. Like what's she planning on doing at the beginning of next episode? Breaking into a locked house wihtout a warrant? Continuing an investigation her boss has told her she can't do anymore?

Why is that even a trope? Real life cops can't fucking do that, they'd get fired immediately. You can't just say "lolnope" to your boss particularly when your boss has legal authority over you

I think the racism thing he keeps doing is just telling people what he thinks they want to hear mixed with trying to get under people's skin. His right hand man's korean.

I didn't even remember the character's name without looking it up, but I still remember the Solversons. Gloria Burgle had that whole California episode to herself and still I really can't think of why I should give a shit what happens to her and her partner from another department (???).
>ending: She dies. But since she didn't exist online, it's like she was never there in the first place!

I doubt the stronk womyn cop will be killed, her partner sure, but not her.

A big theme of this season is identity, the interrogation in East Germany, Stussy twins, online fingerprints and data trails, the sci-fi Stussy, VM Varga. Gloria lacks that connection to technology that everyone else has that it may even factor into the climax. Some bullshit about a taser not working on her or something.

Leftovers is trash too

DUDE ALIENS, LMAO!

I find Varga pretty interesting because he has a better motive. He is the star of his own story, he doesn't want to kill anyone and he just wants to use these people for his own ascent. I'm much more interested in learning about him than any character in S02.
I think the season overall is spending a lot longer building shit up because they have to. It can't just be the same archetypes over and over, there has to be some sort of break or twist. I think they're building to something but I'm not sure what.

North Dakota is suh a boring place that the movie and this show about murder is their only claim to fame. Aside from oil, that is.

don't forger Mt Rushmore