ExtraTorrent

Another one down?

Other urls found in this thread:

katcr.co/
torrentz2.eu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

was it public?

Yea it was. Shame seeing all these sites going down like this.

Hopefully they won't ever shut down library genesis.

Damn, torrenting is dying faster and faster.

Never heard of it

thepiratebay, KAT, and rutracker are still up so who cares

TPB is virtually dead, it severely lacks anything new that isn't 100% mainstream (while previously you'd find on tpb virtually anything that was to be found anywhere else).
KAT is missing all old torrents, but it's alright for some new stuff.

rutracker is all i really need tbh, i don't do any normalfag shit like watch tv shows or movies

Did the KAT community recover? There were a few users with autism usually reserved for the proper scene releasing quality/rare stuff there. I wonder where most of them went.

I get my games from Rarbg.to now. It has most of what I want and is relatively sizable, also hosted in the middle of nowhere. Torrenting will never die.

Not really sure, I haven't used it in a while. The old staff from KAT made this site: katcr.co/

Torrenting is dying because shitty public trackers like ExtraTorrent. They mostly just took existing torrents and put "downloaded from extratorrents.cc.txt" in it while pointlessly dividing the peers.
Same content has hundreds of torrents because these assholes put "downloaded from MYSITE" file in and share it that way.

Those who do this only do it for advertisement money. Don't get fooled.

I'll give it a look KAT splintered off into multiple mirrors so I wasn't sure where the administration ended up. I doubt a lot of users followed them though. About a month before KAT went down a rumor was floating around among people that released stuff to stop for awhile because something major was fixnin' to happen. I only heard of it because I was releasing some rare/old cartoons from my collection there. I had only started a few months before but some of the oldfags at KAT became interested so someone sent me the heads up. I did everything through a VPN behind 10 proxies and a lot of the stuff I uploaded was in the public domain anyway so I wasn't worried. I took some requests for silver age Disney/WB cartoons so I used a lot of caution. I hope some of them made it into a proper group through KAT because a lot of those guys were really good at what they did and made sure to follow scene standards. The fun thing was you could go outside of scene rules as well so a few of them were experimenting with codecs for video/audio that aren't accepted in scene releases. There was a lot of teaching and learning going on behind the scenes of KAT. It reminded me of the old days of the clearnet in a lot of ways. I wasn't surprised it was taken down because I figure the major studios had grown pretty concerned about all of this. They haven't managed to stop the scene in all these years but they did manage to take down most of the hubs for normalfag file sharing. We can't have nice things because they always become too popular and draw unneeded attention.

AAAAND ANOTHER ONE GONE
AND ANOTHER ONE GONE
ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

YEAH'M GONNA GET YOU TOO
ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

Has long it on the clear web it can been shut down.

The thing that needs to be correct for torrenting to survive (or the internet has a whole).
-Complete decentralization (so that websites or other link sharing platform to not be shut down)
-Anonymous connection and encryption so that the downloaded of the file can't be prosecuted.

Yo homie, why u still using torrents dude. There's like Netflix now and you can always buy music from the iTunes store XD. Torrenting is so yesterday lol.
Peace.

Did you have a stroke there? It took me like a solid minute to figure out you said: "As long as it is on the clear web, it can be shut down." And while it's technically true, the fact is that Russian sites are rarely shut down for copyright concerns, if at all.

i rVIII VIII/VIII

who cares about public trackers?

Remember remember the what.cd

here's my archive (upto 13 dec 2016, right before they encrypted their pages and required javascript). 138mb.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:676c5a5d482a668cd9aebcced4ba1a444d2cd2e0&dn=extratorrent.20161213.7z&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexplodie.org%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.com%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3A451&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fpublic.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969

torrentz2.eu/ is all you need, faggots :)

you're a faggot

I just want to know where to look for for pirating Linux copies of games. Humblebundle has torrent files for most things, but I can't find a centralized area to search for them.

i know there's one group called ACTiVATED, if you search with that, you could find all their shit if you try hard enough