Rate my desktop, also desktop thread

Rate my desktop, also desktop thread.

But those aren't even Nordic…I'm not even American…

sure you aren't

If US is in GMT +1 time zone, for you…

Also Americans seem to be unable to count past 12 so they use am/pm

What OS?

It looks clean.

DERP!

I also haven't eaten toenails

But you can set it up manually during installation… It's literally the first thing it asks for…

But, that's Manjaro… Look, it says right there under OS. I mean, I'm no Linux expert, but I can read.

What does this have to do with the fact that linux is shit?

Yes, Manjaro?

Commies watch you

It's Chinese

You mean Manchuria, like part of China? Manjaro doesn't even have Chinese input as option out of the box.

Is it ok to post homescreen?

You mean because of data miners? Idk what they can get from wallpaper and knowing my timezone…

Yes
They don't get anything from datamining this thread.

I mean smartphone desktop

No clue, my phone can't prtscr… It's not even smartphone…

Nice. Get a nice icon pack though, for the panel and your trashcan. That's all it needs. :)

Although that portrait style monitor must be heaven reading manga or even forums with.

I feel that I should clarify this for the sake of those in this thread who aren't as tech-literate

One of the very first things done during a Linux installation, whether manual or automatic, is locale generation. This allows the system to handle character sets and such that are specific to the region. It can also be important for networking, which is why it's configured so early in the installation. More importantly, it's later used to automatically set the time zone, although the latter step often fails and has to be done manually.

Why is this important? Because the GNOME/KDE devs are all fucking retarded (otherwise they would be doing it professionally) and write shitcode that relies on different methods for time zone resolution at different stages of the program. So a locale/tz mismatch could very well cause an incorrect time to be displayed, but tech-illiterate retards like seem incapable of realize that and intent on spreading misinformation.

You could take a photo of it.

It's really not that important for clock… Even if your locale is wrong, you can just change time on your clock and be done with it… Don't see, what "knowing how to set locale" has to do with anything…

It'll still be wrong the next time you turn it on

He is kernel-compiling faget

I forgot to set it when I built Arch… Just changed clock normally and nothing changed…

I actually used an Arch kernel on my most recent install because it already had everything built in

I just stopped using Arch bcs Manjaro is same shit, just faster to install and I don't need anything specific so that I'd need to set it up manually.

impressive

awesome

Truly a masterpiece.

Thank you

samefag

bump

bump1

bump2

bump3

photoshop

It's not, but think what you want.

Nothing much going on.

bump

bump1

bumperino skipperino

bump2

bump3

… and then we have threads like this.

Be proud, Holla Forums, be proud.

WM:
Gaps are nicely proportioned and the window style is pleasing to look at. Lack of borders creates a clean, sharp transition and somewhat compensates for space lost in gaps. Windows are a bit too transparent though, making it less easy on the eyes when it comes to distinguishing text. Maybe turn that up a notch. 7/10

Bar:
Nice and efficient presentation of vital information. Seems simple and easy to use. My only complaint is with the color scheme of the workspace list on the left, which doesn't fit in with everything else. 7.5/10

Wallpaper:
Mostly fits in with the color scheme, but is too detailed and distracting. Maybe consider changing it to something with less going on. 5/10

Color scheme:
Too much contrast. Colors are also too saturated, making the entire thing a bit hard to look at. Consider editing it or using a color scheme generator such as colormind.io. Also consider integrating it into the bar more. 4/10

Overall: 6.8/10. taskbar and WM config are nice, but the color scheme ruins it.

You can't get any more riced.

Is it good?

How come nobody ever comments on this every time I post it?

Goog night…

What autistic symbols

nice desktops