Eerie tech promises to copy anyone’s voice from just 1 minute of audio

Kinda cool.
thenextweb.com/apps/2017/04/24/eerie-tech-promises-promises-to-copy-anyones-voice-from-just-1-minute-of-audio/#.tnw_dp068jgs

Trump!
soundcloud.com/user-535691776/special-guest-at-iclr

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-535691776/dialog
youtube.com/watch?v=ohmajJTcpNk
youtube.com/watch?v=hAVojXJoMtU
hoaxes.org/photo_database/image/the_cottingley_fairies/
youtube.con/watch?v=mBaz5yn0b7A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Arabian_Legion
youtube.com/watch?v=mBaz5yn0b7A
youtube.com/watch?v=9SQWB36uKkw
youtube.com/watch?v=hBlbLgl5WDs
youtube.com/watch?v=YKkuWX406q4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Calling this now

This one is good. They've got Obama and Trump.

soundcloud.com/user-535691776/dialog

Didn't this already exist before? It sure would be fun to play around with.

The Obama one is decent, the Trump one is really good but the Hillary one is so bad I didn't realize it was her until she said her name.

Imagine in a few years once this improves. You'll have people caught on wiretaps explaining their crimes away saying, "it's a synth voice, I didn't say those words".

Remember that tech that allows you to track your own face to make someone else speak?

I fear for a future where you can't believe anything anymore. These past years have shown us just how corrupt the world is, I don't think I want to live in the world of future.

Can you explain further?

The movements of you facial muscles are applied to another face. There are demos of this on YouTube. It works pretty well, but it is still not perfect.

To say we are entering a nightmare world is an understatement.

Everyone else ITT are too young to have see the movie "The Running Man".

Miku Hatsune is pretty old tbh

You're that faggot that tries to squeeze a star trek reference into every science article, aren't you?

One applications of this is going to be changing your own voice in the same way you change your hairstyle.

I immediately recognised her although the context (Obama > Trump > female voice) definitely makes it clear who it is. But all the voices sound way too robotic like the old text-to-speech software.

This one is really good. Main issues are how they all sound too robotic to be convincing and how trump doesn't speak at trump's speed.
Hillary is all wrong though.

Using this and applications such as Face2Face, the media could have a fucking field trip

youtube.com/watch?v=ohmajJTcpNk

Comments from one year ago:

But seriously, all I can think of is what role this will play in combination with augmented and virtual reality. Satire shows and "false news" is the least of our worries, nobody trusts the media anymore, people will now do even less so when they find out that this exists. Whereas consumer tech that pushes us further into the matrix-like world is generally welcomed.
youtube.com/watch?v=hAVojXJoMtU

Wrong.
Wrong.
Wrong.
Wrong.

Wrong.

Seriously, think about this for a second. These kind of things require extremely skilled people to develop, but it has basically 0 practical purpose other than maybe some niche hollywood trick that a grand total of 2 movies would want to use.

Now ask yourself how come these things of technologies are being developed, who would want to fund such a thing and for what purpose?

You don't need to call it, it's CNN's wet dream.
Holy shit the world is going to be a scary place 50 years form now. A scary place or a very quiet place.

Can we combine this with some other new and exciting technology such as this?

A-are you trying to tell me that there will be audio books read by Hitler in the near future?

Well, since it requires a recorded voice the best you'll get is a TTS voice of Hitler shouting through a microphone at his rallies. There are some recording of Hitlers normal indoor voice but those are scarce

Yeah, I'm sure this will work on people like whole 5 fucking times. It will only discredit media even more.

I share your fear, but to an extent I think this has happened before and people wise up to it one way or another. Ever heard of the photographs of cut-out paper fairies which people thought were real simply because it was a photograph? It was in the 1920s and many people were taken in: hoaxes.org/photo_database/image/the_cottingley_fairies/

People have wised up to photoshop as well. If you can't tell something's been shopped, you often know it is from context (e.g. airbrushed models). The voice software might cause problems but in the long-term we'll be ok.

People think holocaust happened because of photoshopped images

On the bright side this will catapult software speech synthesis lightyears ahead.
Finally you'll be able to have a Sci-fi like AI that can actually speak like a human and not sound incredibly artificial.

hmm

Yeah, there's one where a journalist recorded him speaking on a train in Finland.

And they can't even do the basic math to require how long it would take to gas 6 million people with only so many "gas chambers". Let alone critique the construction of said chambers and question the use of Zyklon-B, an agent for delicing clothing... but I digress.

The eleven million people killed in the Nazi's holocaust were not exclusively killed by gas chambers.

What were they killed by then?
Protip; once you answer this you'll soon see the narrative fall apart

Starvation, illness, cold, bullets, fire. Gas was used, but it wasn't the only solution.

I used to believe the holocaust was a hoax. And 9/11 was the US govt. And there is a conceited effort by some Bilderberg-esque "globalist" group to destroy the world. Fluoride being bad for you, GMOs destroying your health, vaccines causing autism etc etc...

Then I grew up.
You are just a pathetic manchild, I'm sorry

So you admit that the deaths at the camps were the result of famine and not a result of mass organized murder?
Even the Nazis used multiple people in their firing squads per person.
I wish someday people will wakeup and realize the concentration camps were nothing more than labor camps in the same vein as those used in America for the Japanese, in Japan for Americans, and in Russia for their own people

Something is wrong with you. Get help.

Good argument.

No, that's not what I said. The context implies that the starvation was intentional, and so it was not a famine. The Nazis at the concentration camps left people to starve so they would die. The intent of camps such as Auschwitz, Janoska, and Treblinka, were to kill the undesirables.

Nazi Germany was losing a war on all sides. I doubt they left people to starve for the intent that they would die. Rather, the camps if anything were overcrowded labor camps and it was a logistical problem. I don't really understand why the idea the camps were simply labor camps is so unbelievable when every country on Earth had them in those days. Even mainstream historians will tell you most camps were used to build German war machines. Why the fuck would they want to kill off the people building their machines intentionally?

A large part of the Nazi shtick was that the Jews and undesirables were to blame for their problems and needed to be obliterated.
youtube.con/watch?v=mBaz5yn0b7A

What's the cause of your historical denialism?

You mean non-Aryan Jews. Keep in mind Aryan just means "Noble" and that the Nazis considered numerous races to be noble races. Including the Japanese, Native Americans, and Arab Nationals (pic related). Aryan Jews did exist, there were just very few of them. Hitler considered most Jews non-Aryan because in Jewish Orthodoxy they were to be considered in perceptual exile and to exist between borders (until Zionism took root after WWII)

This is a red herring.

Is it really now?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Arabian_Legion

Amin al-Husseini was an Arab Nationalist. Your move, faggot. The only one denying history is you

>youtube.com/watch?v=mBaz5yn0b7A (fixed typo)

Maybe Hitler wanted them dead, or like Stallman, just gone. However, Hitler didn't have to personally give the order.

Hitler wanted to send the Jews to Palestine, he was actually for the creation of Israel. Can you show me any document in which Hitler instructs his lieutenants to begin an extermination campaign?

It is a red herring, yes. The question was not "are any Jews or undesirables Aryan"? The question was "Why do you deny the fact the Nazi holocaust had the intention of killing 11 million people"?

Because I'm arguing that killing 11 million people was never their intent. Do I deny 11 million people could've died? Of course not! But do you even realize the amount of resources required to intentionally kill 11 million people? Thats more than the entire city of LA proper mind you. It was a war they were losing and could not keep up with their overcrowded labor camps

The evidence points to a conceited effort to kill as many as possible, by whatever means were necessary. I'm not a psychic, I can't tell you why they would focus on this instead of on fighting either front - they had their reasons. What I am saying is you are denying the fact these people were intentionally killed, and I'm wondering why you're denying that fact.

Another question - if they were labour camps, why did some contain old people and children? Are they especially good at labour?

Even mainstream historians will tell you the amount of people killed by gas chambers are a small fraction of the total killed in camps. You are trying to tell me that they would intentionally kill people building their war machines while they were fighting two fronts? Thats dulling Occams Razor.

For the same reason Japanese children were sent to American internment camps. It was a war and they had to contain who they felt were dissident.

The camps also had swimming pool, band clubs, and other amenities for the inhabitants.

Do you believe it would have been logistically more sensible for people who are incapable of working to be sent to special "incapable of working camps"? They were sent to concentration camps that was intended for anybody and everybody.

Never forget goy.

It literally reads like the plot to some cartoon

It was real in my mind.
youtube.com/watch?v=9SQWB36uKkw

Occam's Razor has to conform to the evidence, not carve it's own. And why are you bring up gas again? Did I suddenly state they killed everyone with gas?

Yes.

Not for the people there to die. Perhaps for guards, and for political prisoners of higher status, but not for the plebs.

It would have been more logistically sensible to not send them anywhere, if the intention wasn't to make them work. Regular camps existed, POW camps for example... but no, they were sent to the camps with the gas chambers and trenches filled with corpses... hmm...

What's so ridiculous about a cart that throws people into a furnace?

This is a red herring. I hate communism more than Nazism, however, communism is not relevant to this conversation.

Are all holocaust deniers this dense?

Sometimes people lie. Remember the woman who lied about being a 9/11 survivor... does that make 9/11 a lie too?

Then I am afraid you are making pure conjecture

Come on, even the niggers are "woke" enough to these Jewish fairy tales.
youtube.com/watch?v=hBlbLgl5WDs

I never understood why germany would have spent lots of resources and manpower to build elaborate death camp theme parks that funnel a neverending stream of jews into bizarre lethal traps.

But if you say this out loud then you are a holocaust denier.

Nobody denies 9/11 dude. People just question who was behind the attacks

If you really want to blame anyone for Holocaust denial or 9/11 truth, then blame the government itself, not the conspiracy theorists. The holocaust is the only historical even protected by law. And the CIA was already planning on crashing a passenger plane to start a false-flag (Operation Northwoods) Does that necessarily mean the holocaust is fake and that 9/11 was an inside job? No, but don't fucking blame people for thinking these things

I blame people for taking speculation and conjecture as fact and truth rather than taking them for what they are: speculation and conjecture.

Why does Holla Forums ruin everything?

You leftists, boomers and necohens had a pretty good run, sorry that the new generation of young people are dispelling your illusions.

That's fine, but this is a tech board. You've got a million different pol boards here in Holla Forums and you choose to bring your bullshit here in this one board dedicated to technology.

You came into a thread about voice synthesis and turned it into a shouting match about the Holocaust. Really funny how you complain that Jews mention it too much and then fill a technology thread with your bullshit.

Go be a child somewhere else.

Take your head out of your arse. Software, especially if it is something like the one we are discussing right now, is political.

This board is dedicated to technology, not politics. There is really a hundred different boards dedicated to politics. We should be talking about technology, not the politics of how that technology is used.

Too be completely fair this was a thread about being able to mimic the voices of politicians in software

You didn't read the post you're replying to, did you

I think I came across the tech you guys are discussing by complete chance.
youtube.com/watch?v=YKkuWX406q4

By the way, sorry for posting a conspiracy nut video talking about the tech instead of the tech video itself, but the original demonstration was taken down.

For some reason that I'm sure has nothing to do with conspiracies.

Cool tech, but it sounds extremely robotic most of the time. A few words could maybe pass as being genuine but just really low recording quality. I'd imagine they will get less robotic in a fairly short amount of time though.

brb contacting William Daniels because of this thread

All craziness aside, why all the negativity?

Imagine all the good things you could do with this software.

There's a lot of ways to kill twenty million people, if you can't tell that's your problem

Boooo

A lot of greg egans short stories are like this, 100 Light-year diary comes to mind, as well as another I can't remember the name of, which starts off by a guy being ransomed by a CG simulation of his wife.

Maybe not but it's interesting how this thread got derailed and flooded.

too bad fluoride has been proven to be objectively detrimental for your mental and physical health. Opps better grow up and deny reality because some crazy people also believe this. 9/11 was Saudi, Israel and us govt coop by the way. Maybe you should have checked your shitty sources when you were still a child

then why do so many still believe the holocaust happened?

Probably because you're threatened with jail in some countries for stating otherwise. Everywhere else you become a social pariah for even daring to suggest minor details are incorrect. Plenty of historians have proven very basic things that are still denied and stated as untrue/denial even though they don't disprove the holocaust at all but change the narrative.

take your shilling someplace else, kike

Holla Forums is a COINTELPRO operation. Read the latest Wikileaks release.

Because
1. that's what they've always been told is factually true
2. emotional manipulation
3. if you question it in Europe, you go to jail, elsewhere you lose your job and any possibility of future employment

Can you link the specific release?

You don't have to hire voice actors anymore. I guess.

False. Jews needed to be removed FROM GERMANY (reasons are many, they had control over German's dead economy and 80% of the people who tried to destroy the government were Jews (November Revolution)). That's why Germany was sending them to Madagascar before UK and France declared war on Germany. There was even a company from Judea helping by exporting their goods. Germany also had known Jews working as high-ranking officers. These men would not go along with a policy of murdering them, nor would a government trying to kill them give them a job where they could damage the country.
The version you have of this story is highly biased. The Allies invented many crimes for the Germans, they manufactured evidence about them making soap and shrunken heads of Jews, both were proven lies later but despite that they still tortured and killed in inhumane ways many men for it. Have a look at the number of German soldiers and civilians who survived post-war Allied concentration camps against Allied soldiers who survived German camps during the war and it'll give you a picture of who really had the death camps.

So you're saying Drumpf is already an AI!?!? 😂😂😂😂🍕⚽🍔🏄👌👌👌