Why do we even have emotions? They are useless and people would be more efficient without them

Why do we even have emotions? They are useless and people would be more efficient without them.

It's not true

Emotions actually play a role in decision making, and every emotion a human has is actually just a bunch of survival responses developed over thousands of years of evolution that all sort of got cobbled together

The world would be a better place if everyone was a jaded robot like me.

Emotion is important because it's what makes our minds so robust, again, it plays a role in survival response and decision making. A race of jaded robots would be very intellectually rigid

Only rigid if you don't program them with hyper logic reasoning to make a decision for every situation based on the highest utility and efficiency.

Emotions are the point of life. All your decisions are ultimately about maximizing your positive emotions, like happiness, and minimizing your negative emotions.

The only problem is when people treat emotions like they're magic, and instead of using logic to try to understand and thus better reach their emotional goals, they just say "muh emotions" and do some random bullshit that they can't actually justify.

The problem with that is you'd need to program a response for evey possible input, which is impossible.

The universe itsel is always in flux, it's always moving, reality itself is not rigid. Emotional response was developed as an evolutionary advantage because it allowed humans to adapt in real-time to constantly shifting variables.

Just program in the correct response on a case by case basis as they show up then.

You'd still need decision makers to program those responses though

Shouldn't be hard. Just weight each response based on the quantifiable utility it can bring.

How do you decide between two equal outputs?
How can we use this method to look at future possible outputs as a result of cause and effect/"butterfly effect"
What about fuzzy logic?

If you have no emotions you are basically a kike.

Just weight each response based on the quantifiable utility it can bring.

Shouldn't you be watching rick and morty, you white female whore?

GOT CUCKED, EH?

I like feeling things, even if they aren't good things. It helps me know what is and isn't right for me to interact with: when I feel disgust and anger upon seeing an interracial couple, it means that I wouldn't want to experience that thing, in fact I wouldn't want anyone to experience it because I also have the ability to empathize my feelings and project them onto others. When I feel happiness and contentment after spending time with a friend or enjoying coffee on a pleasant morning, I know that these are goods things, and I wish them upon those I know.

It's good to have emotions.

Sounds like degenerate hedonism.

Hideaki Anno is doing shekels every time he spit retards like you.

You are mistaken then, hedonism isn't about feeling emotions through life, it's about letting those feelings run your life. Tempering the self and all it's moving parts are an important aspect of maturity; it's a shame so few people acknowledge that these days.

logic is great but logic requires a given
remove all emotional urges from a human and they become vegetable
though more realistically they just lose most emotion and become a sad neet like you