/jojo/ - (Not an) Adventure Time General - Goodbye, golden hearts of Morioh-cho

-S7 ended with a horrible season finale, 1 step below of The Comet in terms of how horrible it was, but still, watch at your own risk
-We're full-on BITE THE DUST now, only 4 episodes of Duwang is Unbreakable remain
-Jojolion entered hiatus again, and we still don't know who's the main antagonist

This should be the last thread for now, now that DiU's anime is about to end, and Abortion Time won't show up untill early next year
It has been a fun ride

bato.to/reader#fb21c4331693a224
tinyurl .com /7thstand
>7th Stand User Wiki: 7thjojo.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
>Pad for Fate is Unbreakable (spiritual sequel to 7th Stand User RPG): pad.riseup.net/p/JoJoJoJoJoJo
>Pad for Red Sun (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fan comic): pad.riseup.net/g/JoJoRedSun
>Play Heritage for the Future on fightcade pastebin: pastebin.com/1w50cEMS
>Emulator: mega.co.nz/#F!GoIixTpC!Xn4qARWY4OD2kk6BZxJ7iQ
>CoolSoft's VirtualMIDISynth: coolsoft.altervista.org/en/virtualmidisynth

RULES
1) Keep laughing at AT's imminent demise
2) Keep spam at minimum
3) Bully the Toonamifags
4) Keep on shining, you Crazy Diamonds

Okay, I've only read parts 1, 2 ,3 ,4, and a bit of five. I really liked part 4, mainly because it explored the concept of normal people (for jojo anyways) from a small town having stands, and how different people react to them. (eg. using stand powers to win the lottery, a baby getting a stand, a common street thug getting a stand, a restaurant owner getting a stand). Are there any more arcs or chapters revolving around this concept in later parts?

BITE THE DUST

When's that movie coming out?

Dr. Kujo, i'm Shonen Jump.

Unfortunately it's mostly action-adventure-style stories from now on, until Part 8 arguably which is in Morioh again (technically) but revolves around a mystery-thriller-amnesia storyline.

This is /a/ material.

I have to admit I really like how they did the alternate opening.

Are you the same guy who sits on Holla Forums all day and immediately starts redirecting whenever he sees a Holla Forums or /a/ thread despite the fucking BO himself saying those things are kosher?

I wanna just say that while I really like and enjoy Part 4, I think it's the part with the most wasted potential. There's so many interesting characters with neat powers that just get dropped immediately after their introduction episode. Few of them appearing in significant cameo's later only to disappear again. Mikitaka and Toshikazu come to mind. I wanted to see more of them. Mikitaka especially. I wanna learn more about his stand/alien power. He's meant to be a mysterious character, sure. But I feel like there wasn't enough of him. Toshikazu has nothing after his episodes and then Rohan's introduction episode. After that he appears maybe once or twice just to do or say nothing. Then in regards to events there's the whole Josuke being saved by the delinquent during the snowstorm. I feel like it was being set up for a later development where Josuke would get set back in time. Turning out that he was the delinquent with the pompadour all those years ago. But that's more speculation than anything, I suppose.

Really I just wanted to see more of Morioh and it's residents. No Part 8 does not count in what I'm looking for.

Personally I prefer the "Josuke was rescued by a complete (and benevolent) stranger that he came to idolize" interpretation, but I have to admit that the time fuckery with Killer Queen would make way more sense in this context.

Right? I kinda like the coincidental random guy idea to but it just makes more sense for it to have been Killer Queen time bullshit that Araki either dropped, forgot, or just didn't wanna do in the end.

I wonder what might happen if there was a large enough board that talked about both /a/ AND Holla Forums material on itself.

I think it breaks the much larger theme of Jojo of "The Miracle of Coincidences". Like it makes sense plot-wise but doesn't make sense theme wise.

I don't think that's a real theme. Just bad writing.

Final chapter's coming up…it's time for Diamond is not Crash.

I agree it's bad writing to bring up something your not gonna follow up on, but I'm glad they didn't.

I still want more though.

No that's me, and I don't complain on Holla Forums just Holla Forums.

I think that WAS Araki's plan at the time, but for some reason or another he rewrote it and simply discarded that idea, so it was just a random punk with a pompadour out in the middle of nowhere who helped save Josuke's life.

to be honest I hate silly time loop stuff like that so I'm okay with Josuke idolozing this random no-name motherfucker who was probably off having a bizarre adventure himself since he was stuck in the countryside in winter, but stopped to help a mother and child anyway

As for the overall post, I understand what you mean, but I'm not too bothered by it. A lot of the citizens of Morioh, I feel like they're meant to be like people you pass by on the street every day. Not a need to delve into their entire lives, just knowing enough to wave hello to your neighbor as you both go about your day. I am annoyed that Hazamada never once got the chance to do something with his Stand outside of his introduction, or that Yukako never had a team-up battle with Koichi, but oh well.

here. You described it better than I could.
I like to think of it more of a chance meeting between two adventurers partaking in equally virtuous quests.

But why?

Not him but it's fairly entertaining shitposting

Nah. I'd put it more up to Killer Queen's ability being changed, for the sake of dynamic.

Pic related is probably what the ability was meant to be like, with Yoshikage's rage influencing how powerful his ability is, which in all honesty feels a bit too "cape" for Araki's work. All that "limit break" crap honestly belongs in Part 3, with the "oraoraora" thing.

He was probably supposed to, in his final moments of life, punch Josuke (this is why KQ wears wrestling garb) with all of his remaining might, sending him back in time to that exact moment, leaving him to die in the cold as he was fated to on that very night. End of story.

I wonder how Josuke would have bullshitted himself out of that one.

My best guess would be using Crazy Diamond to fix time itself.

Holy fuck that'd be a hell of an ending. Josuke probably only avoided the Joestar curse because Araki decided against doing something like that.

As he became aware of his surroundings, and felt the cold around his beaten form, Josuke realised where he was, and just who he was. He knew what had happened, and why. It all became clear. He could feel his own presence ahead of him, and a familiar voice called out in warning, as if he were a stranger. He knew what he was destined for. Immediately, he set out to assist the woman in peril, as his younger self observed him in his final moments. A fleeing "thank you" could be heard in the distance, and with that, he was alone, coat over his shoulder, in the midst of the stormy night. He was his own hero. How embarrassing.
Cars don't come by here very often, and there are no pay phones. Any effort to escape the blizzard would only be useless. At first there was an attempt, but he would only find himself wandering into the distance, very much sure of what would become of him. He knew his allies would never let his endeavors be in vain, and that they would stop the killer once and for all. He did his part, and now, it was time for him to rest in eternity, with his spirit flowing onto his younger self upon his inevitable passing.
Josuke accepts his fate.

and then he remembered he's Josuke fucking Higashikata, and pulled something out of his ass just like his dear old dad

He wouldn't come home tonight… Sorry user…
From now the Big Guy will take care of him…

That was masterfully written and heartbreaking to all hell. Well done.

I fucking wish Pink Floyd had more appy songs I could counter with.

But they don't.

F-For you…

Even if you counter some fucker would bring up, Pucci…

Jolyne deserved better like that

Thank you, masketta…

Sounds boring as fuck to me tbh, but whatever tickles your pickles I guess.

wew
proofread your posts children

I always thought Josuke was going to give Yukako the dick back when I first read Duwang.
I say this more becase of the cover and the pose they have together.

I mean, besides the Cinderella arc, we never even see Koichi and her go out or anything significant.
If anything, she and Josuke hung out more, since they appeared in the cafe together during the Boy2Man arc.
That's just something I've been tossing in my head for years.

Jolyne? Who's Jolyne, user? Do you mean Irene?

HOL UP
WAIT A FUCKING SECOND
DOESN'T THE JUSTICE SUN CLOCK THING REPRESENT JONATHAN?

Is Araki being a cheeky fuck with us?
Was Josuke meant to go the way of the Jonathan?

I think it's just something the animators made up, I don't think Araki did it.

Gonna start watching Phantom Blood tomorrow to get into /jojo/ but I got a small question.

I heard stands were poorly introduced and the main method of combat in JJBA for the first two, hamon/ripple, was basically dropped in Stardust Crusaders for stands. For someone gets autistic over sudden unexplained changes in shows and what not, will I turn hostile?

It's not a natural progression in that its organic, but you adapt to it alongside the main character of that part.
Besides, you're eased into it and are satisfied with where Hamon goes in Part 2.
Besides, in Part 3 there's a guy that mixes Hamon with Stands and he gets by for the most part.

It has been one crazy, noisy, bizarre ride
Any final thoughts on DiU's adaptation ?

Depends on how autistic you are with it.
It bothered me a little at first, but after a few chapters of part 3 I began to really enjoy stands.
However, I'm not "new sanic's arm color bothers me" autistic about these sorts of things.

I think it had more noticeable QUALITY moments than any of the other seasons, but it's still very enjoyable overall.

Stands aren't really poorly introduced, I would say. The very beginning of the story is their reveal and explanation of what they are. Hamon is still present, in a minor form, in Stardust Crusaders, but after that it's all Stands from then on. If I recall, it's because publishers wanted the series to move away from the pseudo-martial arts style because it was too saturated at the time, so they asked Araki to do something else. So he went with psychic powers, but he wanted it to be more visually impressive than just moving stuff with your mind, so he made up Stands to look cool and do cool things.

and then Hamon comes back in Part 7 in a repackaged form as "Spin" where instead of crazy bullshit caused by sunlight/life energy, it's crazy bullshit caused by perfect cosmic rotation, and then they combine that with Stands and shit goes absolutely bananas

Agreed. Part 5 better look better in spite of the outfits getting even more ridiculous.

Also feel free to share your thoughts and feelnigs on the series as you go through it.

Part 3 got very QUALITY at times. Mostly at the end. It was much more so in Part 4. Hopefully they put more work into Part 5.

As long as they don't fuck up Buccellati (Bucciarati?), Mista, and Narancia I think I'll enjoy it.
Is is Buccellati or Bucciarati? I've seen both used in various scans.

I've also seen both. It's very unclear. The wiki used to be Buccellati then switched to Bucciarati. Personally I prefer Buccellati, it flows off the tongue better and sounds more Italian, and is also the name of a jewelry company and Araki likes to name things after fashion labels and such too.

I'm reading through Part 5 right now. It feels so awkward trying to pronounce his name in my head.

Thank you.

Should we try memeing Masaki Endoh into doing Part 5's opening?

user..the only thing better than Masaki Endoh doing the opening to part5…is to have JAM Project to do the opening to Part 5.

You know, re-reading part 4 I noticed that Kira overestimated his Stand's ability. Sheer Heart Attack, the ability that he said has no weaknesses…actually does have weaknesses. Hell, he overestimated BITES ZA DUSTO too.

Read the manga

I'm not sure JAM Project is the right kind of tone for Part 5. I feel like Part 5 calls for, maybe, smooth jazz or a passionate ballad. Something mature. Or at least conveying a hint of maturity. Part 5 is a serious Part.

Here's the thing though..Dio, Kars and Valentine would've had a good reason to be smug about. Kira just used Bite Za Dusto once and he thinks he's king of the world. It make sense for Kars since he's the Ultimate Lifeform and in Dio's case he has to believe his Stand power is unbeatable or else the time stop didn't actually work completely.

I know some user had posted this before in a previous thread but wouldn't mind sharing it again

Part 4 just screams like it's full of shit Araki ultimately decided to renge on, to the detriment of the larger series. That italian guy fixed Okuyasu's body of the exact same things old Joseph had wrong with him but they never met, and instead Joseph magically got better at the end when Araki finally remembered and wanted to wrap it up with a neat bow. There was mention of an alien ship coming in but nothing came of it despite the evidence being stronger that that guy was legit than the reverse. Ghosts show up here twice but then never appear again.

The thing is it all comes down to Jojo becoming the Stand show and nothing else. Hamon had a couple of runs and this was the second Stand run. Since none of the other bizarre shit carried over it became that the ONLY Bizarre thing was Stands. SBR was weird but the Spin at least added a bit of an edge and JoJolion is at least toying with concepts even if it's taking a bit to find it's course(which, lets be honest, Jojo's always does).

Agreed. Dio would obviously get high on ZA WARUDO because he's ultimately a little prick who likes to gloat and act petty. Kira tries to stay under the radar so newfound arrogance is unwarranted.

Yeah it's like a said. Wasted potential and dropped concepts. It sucks Araki dropped so much. Otherwise Part 4 probably could've been the best part with no contest. It's still good but there could've been more to make it great had Araki not fumbled around and just pushed it all aside forever.

There's really a theme of absolute power corrupting absolutely. Kars gets powered up and decides to make a squirrel kill another despite his love for the planet and it's animals. Dio goes completely insane once he drinks Joseph's blood. I think that's pretty neat in that it makes the series a bit more profound to have something like that.

What do you mean "newfound"? Kira was always arrogant, or did you completely forget how he got caught in the first place?

>well, Jotaro got back up before I could kill the kid, but he's so banged up there's no way he could possibly hurt ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAO

It becomes a real theme with part 6/part 7.

Which is "fate" working for Pucci's ascension to Stairway to Heaven, and then culminating the search for the holy corpse of Jesus Christ in part 7.

Notice how [Love Train]'s ability wasn't just taking bad stuff and having it happen to someone else, it followed fate's designs by saving the user and having it fulfill fate.

I wonder if Araki is a secret deist.

It's alright, but a lot of the charisma of the scenes/characters is shown directly by Araki's art. The VA is great, the anime itself is well-directed enough, but Araki knew what he was talking about when he wasn't sure if it was suited towards anime before the series dropped.

The outfit's are stupid out of context, when you actually read it and the entire cast and antagonist dresses the same, it becomes believable enough.

They show up again, and are in fact the entire point of the post part 4 followup, Deadman's Questions.

Keeping ghosts contained in part 4 makes enough sense, and they do come back again in part 6 with Sports Max.

Blame the manga audience, Araki still did shonen right up until part 7.

continuing with the ghost thing, remember the chick was the only ghost who stuck by, everyone else killed just passed right on

in fact, they passed on in the same way Abdul/Iggy did in part 3 too. Unless you wanted ghosts to become a major jojo thing, there's no reason to really focus on ghosts for no raisin

I don't think Kira knew a stand could stop time, can't blame him.

So how does passing on to heaven work anyway? Abdul, Iggy, and Joseph appear to go peacefully as spirits. Ascending to Heaven no problem. Meanwhile, Shigechi relives his death as he passes on. What's up with that? Was it just for plot convenience to show Reimi Kira was still out there?

I think it's part of the ongoing idea of the sheer violence of Killer Queen's attacks. As I recall, Reimi claims to see all of her killer's victims pass through her alley like we see Shigechi and Rohan do. I think I also remember something along the lines of Bites the Dust's time-warping function being the result of causing such a "violent" death, that time fractures. In other words, passing as dust is the norm, with the possibility of lingering for a moment to convey a short message as Iggy/Avdol and Joseph even though he's fine later do. Killer Queen, however, is such an affront to the natural order that it can cause major cosmic disturbances. Not the last time something like that would happen, after all.

Killer Queen OP. Please nerf.

The best thing about stands is that they're practically incontinent. Destruction can be cast on a universal level, with permanent alterations to life itself, but whenever that's the case, the powers themselves are either uncontrollable, or temporary, and because of this, there are no "masters" of stands, giving the playing field a much more "street" feeling to it. This, and the secretive way of life for most stand users, along with the fact the stands themselves are invisible to normals makes the stories themselves far more interesting, unlike most shounen, with the big tournaments, and the wrasslin' sized egos.

It's such a shame that while Araki has made such an unique and versatile world, he seems to be so convoluted and indecisive in his writing, that he either ignores or even outright destroys what he has created, for the sake of some clarity, only to do it again a series later.

?

How so?

all those "dropped plot lines" and etc are obvious shit that some random user can make a short fan-fic about. Araki hasn't done the lame sort of tragedy since at least part 2.

Abdul dies and coming back is the worst he's done, after that it's just some pacing stuff or characters not getting enough screen time because he was a shonen writer.

Gyro dying was done well because he had time to build it up, even Mountain Tim/Diego Brando's deaths were really well done and very well-written, Araki doesn't like going the easy/obvious way, it'd make a much cheaper story-teller if he did.

I think I recall he said watching/re-reading phantom blood was painful for him, because his younger self did a lot of "no-nos" and other things he would have done differently decades later as an artist/writer.

Furthermore (you got the autist in me talking), Araki places coherency of plot before atmosphere/action/etc. Like most artists, the plot is secondary and merely necessary for moving the action/themes/characters/blah blah.

Jojo without Araki's style would just be a boring manga with predictable plot twists and etc etc.

Araki's favorite genre is horror, and it's not because he's a big fan of plot. Where the anime flounders a lot, is failing to nail all the iconic style of the fan-favorite scenes of the manga.

fixed

I think you're giving Araki a little too much credit. His art style is quite frankly eh. Mostly having to do with his inability to draw poses that are humanly possible and not understanding angles of vision. Now his art style is what draws in the crowd. It's so weird and different that it catches the eye. Were Jojo made with a different style then it would still be a good story. Maybe the art style could even be more pleasing to the eye. His art style isn't always the main draw in. If you don't like it then you can look past it for the sake of the stories. Which are fun crazy gruesome romps of strangeness. As long as he has that, his art style wouldn't matter. Frankly I'd rather he focus on his writing more than his art. He has more potential in that department.

Don't forget Bruno.

I think you give the art too little credit. I don't think JoJo would be the same if it wasn't for the strange poses, flamboyant character designs, and crazy Stand designs. And most of those things only look good in a style like Araki's.

Strange poses, flamboyant designs, and crazy Stand designs can stay in. That's not his artstyle. That's just designs and trope. Those would all still be in as long as he's writing it. He'd have the say even with the illustrator on what he'd want the characters to look like.

He may be one of the best mangaka, but that doesn't make him perfect, user.

He's not a very good writer. That's all there is to it. Call whatever he ignores "generic", but the matter of the fact is that he wrote i in, to begin with, and he can never find a way to write himself out of it. Like I said, convoluted, and indecisive.

Mind you, a lot of the "generic" stuff in his works weren't generic, to begin with. He's kind of a trailblazer, in case you weren't aware.

It feels good to see real fans actually acknowledge Araki's faults for once. I've had plenty of experiences with "fans" that do nothing but praise the series no matter what. Bunch of brainwashed dullards. I like this series a lot but no true fan can ignore the problems with it and Araki himself.

Yes, but i doubt they'd look anywhere near as good.

I think most JoJo fans agree that every Part has its strengths and weaknesses. The same can be said about every JoJo as well.

I wish I could find good examples of a fan made alternate artstyle Jojo but turned up finding nothing.

He's an artist, and a mangaka. Writing comes second to characterization, style, scenes, and action.

Araki isn't "strong" in plot, because he doesn't care to be. That's not where his talent is.

Let me sum up something like Madam Bovary.

There's a pathetic guy who hooks up with a whore. Whore cheats on him three times and then the whore dies, leaving him and their child poor and bankrupt. The end.

You don't know what you mean by "convoluted" or "indecisive". If I have to be very frank, Araki writes very simple plots that are carried almost exclusively by the strength of the characters. If he's indecisive as a writer, it's because he's had to write with deadlines for the majority of his working career, it wasn't until part 7 that you see this "indecisiveness" disappear because he has free reign to do what he wants.

No, he has a good and unique art-style. I don't think you know anything about art when you don't realize any piece of art that's easily recognizable by it's own style is evocative of an expert. Araki is an expert at his art, you can't confuse his art (past part 4) with anybody else.

If you've ever encountered a real artist in your life, having a personalized unique artstyle is what these people would -kill- for.

He's a great writer. Any good work has a certain suspension of disbelief, you cannot expect a writer to bend the world and the plot to what he wants without bending "logical" views of the reader. To be frank, any good artist should disregard what the reader really wants as well.

Oh, and if I have to think of a writer Araki reminds me of…aside from Japanese short story writers, he reminds me strongly of Dickens.

Strong cast of characters, with the story progressing in large part of the theme of :"miracle of fate and coincidences" device.

While obviously Dickens handles a page or two worth of cast characters to work his story, Araki uses his "homey, Japanese" view of the world to put his characters in it.

Part 1 has this, Part 3 has this, and Part 5 strongly has this. No surprise that's why it's most popular with the Japanese jojo fans.

I went to tumblr to find examples of JoJo looking terrible in different art styles, but realized that everything can look terrible on Tumblr so it wasn't fair of me.

So I went and picked up the sole good thing I saw.

Yeah I thought about tumblr too but you'll just find more bad than good there. This is pretty nice though.

Convoluted, as in "extremely complex and difficult to follow", as many in this thread have pointed out, and "indecisive", as in "not having or showing the ability to make decisions quickly and effectively", as I have pointed out to you, already.

Simply saying he does it on purpose doesn't change that it's a fault of his. You might as well spit on a burnt piece of toast, and demand 12 bucks for it. I suggest you accept the criticism of your idols, before they finally disappoint you.

^ Listen to this man. He's completely right. Blind love towards a creator like displays is a terrible idea. It's fine to have idols or respect a creators work but you shouldn't be so blind to it as to never acknowledge super obvious faults that could easily be worked on.

Which part of JoJo's plot would you describe like this? I am curious to hear.

The part where they introduce plot threads, and you suddenly realise it hit the cutting room in the next issue, with not even the slightest of resolution. As I've said, it's been talked about, earlier in the thread.

I wonder if we'll get an Under Execution, Under Jailbreak special?

The last ep OP better reset all the way up to Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town

I rewatched older episodes of JoJo from season 1 and 2. I had not realized just how shitty Part 4 looks by comparison. David Production really didn't give a shit about this one, it seems.

They fell into the Jap jew anime industry trap. It started with Part 3 and has only gotten worse here and there with Part 4.

Or maybe they don't have the cash. Jojo Ain't Naruto. Its weird and its appeal is more limited.

Its possible they flat out don't have the cash. Thats why Anime is always after the neets that spend billions on worthless crud.

Mm, no, they definitely just got lazy.

The animation would still be shit.

They did get lazy, it was under the impression that they wanted faster animation done easier, but in all reality they just outsource the animation to Koreans.

Naruto prints American money and they got cheap after awhile.

Seems to me the one they pumped the most budget into was the Rat episode, god knows why

>Dad was too busy adventuring and being a marine biologist to be a part of her life
>Parents eventually divorce
>She finds a guy she really cares about
>He fucks her over and gets her sent to prison
>Dad finally comes back but immediately gets fucked by Pucci
>Decides to save her dad and stop Pucci of her own accord
>Sees her dad die and sacrifices herself to stop Pucci
>Emporio meets her double in the new universe, but the Jolyne he knew is gone forever, forgotten by everyone but him along with the rest of their universe
Jolyne… had a hard life.

Don't forget:
mom dies
all she's left is her old-ass gucci clothes that have a stand power for some reason
some jabroni cops try to arrest her for stealing a unicorn or some shit
unicorn pops out of her coat and lets her ride it, sick
turns out it was a fake-ass dream and how the fuck would she know what stands are if she only learned about them in prison

And this is why I like the Eyes of Heaven ending where in the altered timeline, Pucci's plot was foiled. Then again Eyes of Heaven altered timeline looks like everything is OK (William Zeppeli survived Phantom Blood, Caesar lived through Battle Tendency, Iggy, Avdol and Kakyoin didn't bite in SC etc)

I think it's a direct result.
Zeppeli surviving Phantom Blood means Dio, even if he got the jump on Jonathan, still left Zeppeli alive. And Zeppeli survives for longer and stops Strait's shit from the get-go in the dig site, helps train Lisa Lisa, and has his grandkids properly trained in Hamon. Probably even stops Joseph's dad from dying.
The fight against the Pillarmen goes better than it did in the first time. Both Loggins and Caesar survive Part 2.
Joseph doesn't slack off his training and takes down Vanilla Ice. So Avdol and Iggy survive that ordeal. Joseph being more diligent in his training means jotaro does likewise and discovers timestop before the dio fight.
Which means they A: Know Dio's abilities, and B: Back the fuck off and let Jotaro handle it on his own.
This leads to Joseph not being senile in Part 4, so finding Kira is easier and they stop him before he switches faces or anyone of their friends is killed.
I don't know how this leads to Bruno living.
But it does mean they stop Pucci before he succeeds.
Gyo surviving is just…. fuck I don't know about this. BUT the kid doesn't die at the end.
Also Joshu gets with Yasuho in Part 8. And Jo2uke shares a room with him. They become best friends.
….
I may have made something retarded but Jo2uke and Joshu being bros is something I want to happen.

I think it's more like Jotaro just punched the timeline into happier endings for all the JoJos, then let it be to let everyone live out their lives.

I also want Josuke and Joshu to be friends. They would make a ridiculous and entertaining battle duo, and they probably compensate for each other's weaknesses.

Eyes of Heaven could've been better but two things I like about it are that and how Valentine was actually right and did nothing wrong.

The way they handled Valentine was by far the best thing about the story in EoH.

He was the best character in the story for sure.
I feel bad that he got erased from time, but I guess since Jotaro basically got Dio's power in the end, he probably fixed that along with him fixing everything else.

Yeah..but then you realized that Heaven DIO is Valentine's fault.

But it's not like he meant to make Heaven DIO. It's still his fault, but at least he didn't cause him to happen on purpose.

Yeah, Valentine kinda redeemed himself trying to take on Heaven DIO solo. But here's a question, if D4C would automatically find another Valentine should its user die but Heaven DIO erased the current Valentine, does that D4C erased completely?

It seems EoH assumes the SBR universe is the timeline created at the end of SO, since they're both treated as the main world. And the plot of the game couldn't happen unless that was the case, since it all hinges on Valentine accidently jumping too far to a world where time wasn't accelerated(if DIO won there would be no need for Pucci to create MiH).
I find this interesting since it's never been officially confirmed by Araki as far as I know.

I think everyone assumed that Part 7 and 8 is the new timeline created after Part 6.

I have a feeling Heaven DIO could probably erase him from all realities considering how bullshit his power was.

I think everyone must admit that Valentine is the least evil JoJo antagonist. Though he's pretty nutso, his ambition is one of patriotism. He's the only villain who's not all in it just for himself. He's crazy for sure, but he's no DIO or Kira or Diavolo.

I didn't, I think it's completely unrelated, and I think Part 8 is evidence enough considering Gappy is alternate universe Kira, Jotaro, and Josuke all wrapped up into one person.

Considering that Kira in Part 8 is the Jotaro of that timeline (well, part Jotaro. Nijimura is also part 8 Jotaro), it is true.

Yeah, most people assumed that, since it would fit rather perfectly to reboot the series with an in-universe explanation. But it's never been officially confirmed. My guess as to why Araki hasn't commented on it is that he wants to keep his options open.

Though I will say, I don't think anything is meant to be a direct 1:1 replacement. I just think Araki likes to reuse the names where it seems most interesting. Like he can switch around pieces of a jigsaw puzzle to make a new picture entirely.

Araki didn't work on Eyes of Heaven. Everything that happens there is purely fan fiction, at the end of the day.

I know. Araki did two important things, though. He designed Heaven DIO and The World Over Heaven. And he also advised the writers to make just one story mode instead of the 3 they had planned.
So it's likely they hadn't intended for all the characters to meet in the story at first, but Araki made them change their mind. That's why I find it interesting.

Three story modes?
Would it have been one for the Joestars, one for the villains, and a 'true' story? That's the only way I can think that they could do that.

Or one is the one following the series canon, one being a what if scenario….and the last one being a story where old and new universe collide maybe?

I'm guessing one involved the characters from parts 1-6 and another involved the characters from parts 7 and 8. No idea about the third one, though. Maybe a storyline where you play as DIO and his followers as he rises to power after defeating Jotaro?

You… you suggest that jap fuck prevented the coolest thing to came reality? W-H-Y-?

We could have Jonathan ultimate sacrifice?
We could have Over Heaven DIO's peace of mind?

FUG

I want to see Jonathan with an Over Heaven style stand against DIO in a final battle for the fate of the Joestars and the world. That's all I want. And depending on which story you play, either Jonathan wins and sets everything to normal, DIO wins and takes over everything, or Jonathan sacrifices himself to destroy them both.

I know Joshu is getting more fleshed out. Maybe he'll start maturing and coming into his own now?
You think he might even end up getting with Yasuho at the end?

I don't know Satan, he still let that poor guy with the cursed money behind…

Whatever you say Satan

Satan Trips confirm.
Joshu and Yasuho are going to bone.

…just after the four balled Gappy had with her…

The kind of person who watches bazinga is also the kind of person who thinks nippon is full of cis shitlords.

I don't watch bazinga, I just heard about this due to a lot of threads on /a/

Anyone got a mp4 of the reference?

He's full of shit.

I don't know if I'm less or more disappointed.

Doesn't matter. So long as DIO's World hits American television, it's safe to say your local Hot Topic's going to have a change of inventory.

After the shit that happened with Toonami airing Jojo, I'm not too sure I'd want it to be mainstreamed like that.

It's too late.

They're already getting to Part 2.

I hope the normalfag popularity goes down the shitter after they realize the nazis help best jojo

JoJo's been mainstream as far as nonDBZ anime gets for like 3 years now.

Jojo is nowhere near mainstream yet. Once there's like fucking cheap action figures made in the states sold at fucking Target then it's mainstreamed. As is it's just barely getting there. Mostly only being to that point because of crazy people on Twitter talking about it while having no understanding of it.

They get around that by calling themselves German Soldiers and censoring Stroheim's nazi salute in the opening.

I guess I'm expecting too much from kids to know the greats of history.

I really don't know why I love that part of the story so much. It's dumb, it's out of nowhere, and I don't know why Araki made it happen. But it's just such a damn goofy way to end that it makes me smile. I should hate it, but I don't.

The token niglet who dindu nuffin and the ebil racist getting owned for insulting the previously mentioned dindu will make up for that massively. Especially when Stroheim is justified as a Rommel-tier kraut who's just doing his job.

Haven't seen that with DBZ, as of late. Anime in general is pretty unpopular, these days. Nothing like it was in the 80's.

See, I think the reason I like the end of DiU even though it's a bit incongruous is because it fits with the series.
Explaination time:
Every part, every major villain ends with one action, one series of events in the larger fight that results in the villain's defeat. In any other series, this would be some sort of climactic charge-attack deal that's built up for quite some time. Perfect example: any use of the Spirit Bomb. In JoJo's, however, the resolution is suited to the bizarre nature of the series as a whole. In any fight in the series, the protagonist is victorious as a result of quickly contrived and unpredictable strategy or simple blind luck more often than overwhelming power. Overpoweredness, after all, is much more suited to a villain to be overcome, to the point where it is a staple of the series' villains. The point is, the protagonists' victories tend to come out of nowhere.
Jonathan pulls several small victories before the iconic fire punch, Joseph survives by sheer luck (and well-placed taunting), Jotaro lands one solid punch, Josuke puts Kira in the path of Jotaro who puts him under an amulance, Giorno crowns himself the king of asspulls, et cetera. Each of these climaxes are jarringly sudden in how they eliminate their respective villain, to the point that they are almost anti-climaxes. Really, that's why they're good ways for the fights to end, since they are so different from what one would expect. Each of them is also poetic in a way. Jonathan IS Dio's superior even with vampirism in effect, to the point where Dio decides that Jonathan's body should be his own. Kars falls for Joseph's most consistent trick and loses for it. DIO loses himself to his own anger as he had when fighting Jonathan a century ago, and even with The World and Jonathan's body, we can see that the body attached to him isn't and never was the problem. Kosaku's face gets scraped off of Kira's head as he dies, and we all know the alley scene that follows and makes the whole fight worth it. Diavolo can no longer avoid his death with King Crimson because his death never comes.

tl;dr: all of the final fights in each part are exceptional in both how they are structured and the symbolic power within them.

Because it proves that even with the combined powers of the most OP jojo, bestjo, and second bestjo, they couldn't beat yoshikage kira, and we all like yoshikage kira. It's a middle finger to people who like "We did it!" endings. It's "okay guys you did all that shit but this nobody finished him off, fuck you." Not in that way like Huey fucking up the moment by actually killing skullface rather than letting him suffer, but more like if you got to the end of Hellsing and some nobody cop stumbled into the zeppelin after it landed and shot the major square in the face. Jojo endings have always been "The heroes won, but not really."
as a side note to that, I never understood how holding his head would counter the push and pull of his gravity; his personal gravity pushed everything around him, he was the center of gravity, so while pushing two objects on either side of his head would work if the gravity he was making just pushed in one static direction, we were already shown that he exudes the gravity, like a body of antimatter. He physically should be unable to be punched by anything that does not overcome gravity while also applying substantial force to equal a regular punch. I think the only way I can think it would work is since the ground is not moving, if you pushed his head between the ground and a heavy object, he'd be pushing away from the ground and into the object, but since he's pushing equally on all sides via gravity magic, he'd be countering the force of whatever he was being pushed into since his gravitational field would be moving; gravity gets stronger the closer you are to an object, so since his gravity was reversed, it would have equal effect, meaning him moving away from the ground due to being pushed up would also cause the fist trying to push into him to go away from him because he'd be getting closer to it.
It's just always sympathized with the villains to the point that their deaths are always very shallow and not gratifying. I think why most people dislike jojo's writing is because they're trying to get into a shounen hero comic and get a, "Fuck you, morality is gray, bad guy withdraws cooly"

HOW THE
FUCK

You heard the Eng dub for BT?

webm
Webm now
what horrors I have to see

You could just watch it, M8. It's not that hard to find.

pls email [email protected]/* */ if you're a cat named sakamoto and want a cute furret to lick your paws
Go here

rude

you dont

1. obviously

Because I can't. At 22 and still prepubescent beard growth

seed motherfcuker seed

You're an idiot and don't even understand the non-buzzword value

For those of you wanting an update on the SNyder comics, they ARE being worked on, with half of the links up on MEGA (or they should be). When I get home you'll get the complete link for Morrison and Miller. Snyder may extract when you download the issues but it is still incomplete (but for those of you wanting to go ahead and start I'll give you the opportunity).

Holy fucking kek where is this voice from?

But spamming leftist threads is somehow okay?

Leftist infighting has always been a thing. Why do you think most countries have a dozen different communist/socialist parties that all hate each other? The Marxists and anarchists split. Then the anarchists, leftcoms, and some others split with the Bolsheviks. Then Leninism produced the Trotskyists and Stalinists. It just goes on and on. Plenty of room to debate on all aspects of theory, history, and economics. I don't see how it would be circle jerk for us when you have a whole thread worshiping a fucking oompa loompa?

Your entire post not only encapsulates what makes Funny Valentine such a great villain, but why Steel Ball Run is the most well written part. There's no luck in the final fight, no clever ruse, just sadness and disappointment all around.I'm going to conveniently ignore alt-Dio suddenly appearing at the end and getting killed in an asspull manner because it shouldn't have happened. Dino Dio was perfect and didn't need his memory tainted in such a way.

Do you think that might have been intentional? There was no reason for Johnny to continue the Steel Ball Run. He'd never wanted to join, his legs were cured, his mentor was dead, he was never after Stephen Steel's money, he owed nothing to nobody. The only people who expected him to finish was us, the readers, and when we got it, it was horrible, confusing and depressing to watch. Does anyone else think there was a message in that, about leaving sleeping dogs lie and not carrying things out to a horribly tortuous drawn out conclusion?

Or am i reading too much into things?

Actually they already do that in Eyes of Heaven. Not only that, the international version removed Stroheim's SS costumes and left him in his half naked form from the very end of the game (which was an unlockable one I think).

I guess it's because you just don't expect it. Like Jonathan dying in part I, I remember being stunned because how the fuck will this series go on if the main character is dead already when I first read through that
Also in the case of DiU, it's more because in the end Kira got humiliated by having his identity effortlessly discovered by one of the autopsy policemen as well as having Kawajiri disappear out of existence without his family knowing about it.
feels bad man

Part VI and VIII mirror the events of the earlier parts, Dio first got sliced and diced and then had his fucking head blown apart, it just wouldn't make sense that they didn't mirror that too in part VII.

You know, another funny bit about it just hit me. Yoshikage Kira wanted to live a quiet life. He wanted to appear perfectly normal, mundane, and not stand out at all. He doesn't want to be special, he doesn't want conflict in his life, he doesn't want anything but a peaceful stress-free existence as a humble cog in the machine of Japan.

So Yoshikage Kira dies a mundane death by getting run over.

On a side note, I think my first 7th Stand User playthrough is screwed. I'm on Kakyoin's route which means you have to beat DIO in the first battle, but everyone's too underleveled, so I'm fucked. I guess I'll have to start a new playthrough entirely because I'm unable to rewind to the last opportunity to grind. So, fuck. I'm pretty damn sad now, to get all the way to the end and end up fucked over because I can't into classic grindfest JRPGs correctly.

See, this is part of why I usually advise having at least 3 savefiles. But talk about bad luck. You ended up stuck on probably the hardest normal route.

You could always try and fight Wham or **normal Cars* in Emporio's room.

My mates told me to get into Jojo, and I'm not really into Anime.
Do I need to read the Manga at all, or is the show good enough?
Also, can anyone find me a torrent file or magnet for Stardust Crusaders Egypt Arc in 420p? I could find everything else easily, but those episodes have eluded me.

Read the manga.

I'm not into mangoes.
What I meant to ask was, if I watch the anime, is it a butchered version of the manga? I know there's scenes missing, but are the ones included faithful?

Almost everything is included in the anime.

The anime gets a little QUALITY at times (it's more noticeable in Duwang), but it's still pretty accurate to the manga.
However, if you hate spoilers I'd advise you not to browse this thread too much, because some anons will go out of their way to spoil the entire series for you.

Yoshikage kira dies to an ambulance
Diavolo is the leader of the gang, he has a split personality with Doppio being his other half
The dead people who became trees in the prison are being used to reincarnate dio into pucci's stand
The kid gyro is trying to save dies of a cold
Gappy is yoshikage kira and josuke higashikata fused together

It's Josefumi, not Josuke ya putz.

Don't forget that version of Kira also has elements of Jotaro(Holly's son), Keicho(the older brother of a Nijimura) and is related to the Higashikata family. And Josefumi seems to be a combination of Josuke(the general appearance) and Jotaro(the Kujo last name).

I meant as a character that's who they are put together.

I don't know what I did to piss off the mods so badly, but they sure are deleting my posts rather rapidly.

It's a stage Fatality, and a good one
But I'm kinda mad that Jotaro gave the final blow and not Josuke

Araki just didn't want Josuke to kill anyone.

I'm wondering, if Kira and Josuke fused into Gappy in the original universe, what would that timeline's Soft and Wet look like?

If it's anything like the fusion in Jojolion, the stand would probably still be named Crazy Diamond. Its power would probably change so that the restoration happens when Josuke pushes a switch like Kira does when he blows shit up.

Could be by mistake, there was a spam attack yesterday

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember seeing that chapter with Yukako getting her face changed up by Cinderella. Was that left out or did I miss an episode? Animu-only fags oughtta be scratching their heads about what went on with Kira becoming Kawajiri.

You obviously skipped over some episodes.

It got adapted, but the anime moved it in between the harvest arc and Shigechi's death, where as the manga had it directly after both events.

Good news, I remembered I actually did have a prior savefile I could rewind to. All the way back to Iggy fighting Pet Shop which was already a pain in the ass, but whatever, I have my second chance, to grind for hours and hours.

I just wanted to be friends with Kakyoin dammit, why do my choices in friends always lead me to suffering

Grind on the evil ripple warriors until you get the secret book they drop. It's one of the most powerful hamon moves, and will help out against DIO. Oh, and what's your stand?

Miracles.

I'm really not in a great position to kick DIO's ass here, but I didn't want to rely on a walkthrough so I bumbled my way into it.

This is exactly why I warned the poor bastard.

DIO = Pause
Kira = Rewind
Diavolo = Pause + Fast Forward and Play
Pucci = Fast Forward
VHS squad right here

Sounds neat.
Like he could fuck somebody's face up horribly and then "detonate" them back to normal.

I figured someone would have already made a connection to a TV remote when I realized what was going on.
Still a neat realization when you finally make that connection.

Araki just really likes time powers. But he thinks the villain should be the most powerful character in the story, so he gives all the time powers to them.

Yeah. Nah. I'm pretty sure they've got something against me, since they've recently banned me for "trolling". Assmad cunts.

Ringo makes a better skip-back button than Josuke, considering how small his power is.

About half of those are pretty ill-fitted. Still no solid slow-mo stand, and I wouldn't exactly consider Superfly a "home" stand, in relevance to what the button does.

What would a home button stand do, anyway?

I think it's just a literal joke, that Superfly was that guy's home.

For a "home button" Stand, well, you'd just have to look at the purpose/function of a home button, and apply something like that to reality.

It wouldn't be like the one in JJL, it would be a fusion more in the way C-moon is, in this case it would have explosive punches and be able to destroy wounds to reveal healed parts

I guess it really does just work.

But who changes the batteries?

Do you have "…" yet?

Yeah I have it. Works fine on enemies but never seems to work when I really really need it to. I managed to bumble my way through Dio and Vins though. I'll start a new playthrough eventually. I'm not sure what Stand I'd want to pick next. Probably something that does a better job hurting people.

b-but Tonio didn't have menus in his restaurant

Tonio IS the menu!

I guess it'd be a teleportation stand, letting the stand user return to either where the stand was first awoken, or to wherever the user marks as "home", but to really drive that home, it would just take them to where they feel safest, with the drawback being that there must be air between the two spots for the transportation to take place.

Now, what would be a good name for such a stand?

The Journey Home?
Sweet Home Alabama?

How about Kansas?

I hear Specials is good for that.

Why not shorten it to Journey?

That's a good one.

Of course, such an evasive stand power could belong to somebody with major potential, but absolute cowardice. It should be immensely powerful, to make up for such a passive ability, but be mostly unused by the user, who wishes to escape his conflicts, much to the misfortune of his allies, who need him. Eventually, at a climactic point in the story, he activates his ability at the wrong time, and desperately tried to force his stand to cease the teleportation, seeing his wounded allies ahead of him looking onward to him in despair. He dematerialises, and immediately rematerialises to where his friends are, not due to any malfunction, but because he feels safest with his friends.

Be friends with Iggy with Wildhearts as your stand
Hilarious shenanigans and cute moments ensured

Because there's a song call "The Journey Home"? but yeah, Journey sounds a lot better.

You too, huh? Hell, I can't even read comics now. Where else can I read some EC horror comics? Or Bruce Jones' Twisted Tales?

That does remind me: I've been reading Vento Pastapizzeo , but I can't seem to find any site that has it complete. What do you guys use?

A lot of the major sites are down right now. All of the 'kiss' sites are down except for kissmanga. Readcomicsonline is down. Viewcomic is still up. I think just all the sites that used the same kind've typing as the 'kiss' sites are gone. But Kissmanga and Batoto are still up.

Tried Batoto?

they only have up until Metallica.

try kissmanga

Up to Green Day and Oasis now.

It's good to see them doing something clever like that tiny detail in the anime that couldn't have been done as easily in the manga.

Hayato's such a fucking badass. Kid's insanely daring and brave.

Is there an alternate universe version of him in Jojolion? I haven't read that far yet.

And he does it all without a stand or hamon
Honestly I've stopped checking for comparisons at this point it seems Araki doesn't care either, but I do really want to see if we could get a new Hayato.

No, no Kawajiris in Part 8 so far.

This too. I think Araki is just re-using names purely to fuck with people, or at most, thematically.

I like that Araki now has the freedom to go as crazy as he wants but at the same time he's not making a lot of sense with this newest run containing characters that are straight up named after characters from the old universe.

The kid has the makings of a proper Jojo sidekick. Would be awesome to see him save Gappy's ass in part 8.

Hell, I would've love to see Hayato being a semi-main character…in the same vein as seeing an teenage Shizuka Joestar and Okuyasu and Josuke opening a detective agency..which we will never get. Fucking gay priest.

Thanks Oba- Pucci!

Pucci's aunt?

He's black so it'd be 'auntie'.

I'm still a little pissed that Part 5 starts with Koichi and then ditches him right away. He's such an underappreciated character with an awesome, unused Stand.

Koichi is basically just Krillin but useful. His stand's pretty cool too. Even if Act 3 looks like Turtle Ultraman and speaks like a nigger.

That said, he didn't really have much else to do in the story. All he'd be doing to lying around waiting for a way to get back home and/or get money. That wouldn't be super interesting to see.

It's done similarly to how Part 3 starts with Joseph involved or how Part 4's plot is kicked off by Jotaro. Familiar characters let the audience ease into the new story more easily than if, for example, Part 5 immediately threw the reader into Giorno meeting Bruno before we'd seen Giorno interacting with a character we know (Koichi).

I felt like at first it was sort of a nod to his early jojo work with most characters just being cameos as contestants in the race, and ultimately I don't think any connections to the previous series will matter in the long run. At most these connections will only serve to be little treats for loyal readers and Araki shouldn't try to make them any more important than that.

anyway I think we're gonna learn at some point that Kaato It's supposed to be Caato isn't it? the wedding ring she has had N and C on it is like Gappy since she sort of has the same split in her eyes. And if Gappy has four balls then that must mean… imagine

Goes on /a/.

Fuck off hijinx

This

Good to hear

Quit acting like a normalfag. Blame the writer for not knowing what the hell he's doing.

the fuck are you talking about

What's the dumbest jojo ship you've seen?

Anything yaoi, duh.

Yeah this. It's nonstop and it's horrible.

Most popular bullshit:
Joseph X Caesar
Jotaro X Kakyoin
Josuke X Okuyasu
Josuke X Rohan
Don't look at Part V fangirls
Jolyne X Hermes (Annasui doesn't exist and also Tumblrites insist Hermes is black for some reason)
Johnny X Gyro
Jonathan X Dio

Fangirls are horrible creatures obsessed with cocks.

…Shit, there's a lot of them. At least none of them touches Speedwagon though.

To be honest, I can tolerate the yaoi and yuri shit as long as it's contained and that it's not tumblr tier quality. However, the one ship that always drive me up the wall is Jolyne x with any of the girls, and that baseless rumor that people believe that she was suppose to be a lesbian in the beginning of Stone Ocean. That and what said about tumblrites keep insisting that Hermes is black.

I can go looking if you want.

It's the dreads, honestly. Who beyond niggers and white hippies has dreads? Certainly not a mexican like Ermes.

No…just no.

I don't see why not, considering Jamaica is right next to Cuba. Granted, I believe most Latino cultures would be too conservative to tolerate hair like that, but Hermes doesn't strike me as all that Catholic, especially after Pucci.

How do we know she's Hispanic anyway? I don't know if it's stated or anything.

Wiki says she's mexican-american. Dunno if it says anywhere in the actual manga what she is. But hey it's cool as long as she ain't black.

I find it really funny they keep trying to blackwash (blackbathe?) Hermes. Considering she's in prison, and all. I'm tempted to pretend to be an offended Tumblrite and cry at them for "perpetuating negative stereotypes" but that would be too much effort.

Zeppeli x Speedwagon

But think of the luls!

But think about how I'll feel pretending to be that stupid.

Oh, and there's also the lesser thing about making F.F. fat, which I also find hilarious because all I can think of is the corpse she's possessing is starting to bloat.

Kinda bizarre that tumblr likes Part 6, given the fact that the KKK beats the shit out of Weather Report and Pucci's sister herself.

It could be just tight hair curls, and not dreads.

Her last name is Costello.

Jonathan x Speedwagon

frighteningly, a few of them do, because I've seen a few fanfics about Part 8 Kira X Josefumi. The implications are terrifying.

That sounds more Italian than Mexican to me.

>Kira x Josefumi
That's a first I've heard of that one, and it really shows that they never read the manga or fully understood it.

For all we know she could be Italian, Italian-Irish if wikipedia's article on the name is true, but highly doubt that, or of Spanish descent, but regardless, she never was black.

We need someone more dead inside to do it then.

They made her fat? WHAT?!

Joseph x Speedwagon

That's tumblr for you. They'll either make a character fat, have vitiligo, ugly, trans, or something stupid.

>Joseph x Speedwagon
Gyro x Teddy Bears

It's like watching three manatees collide.

Yeah that's just the popular Tumblr thing to do. Hermes is black and F.F. is fat. Though admittedly Fat.Fat. is less common.

I was going to post some of it but beat me to it with far worse than i could ever bear to post, so I will instead share stupid bullshit.

To be fair, that second pic was actually hard to find, and most of the stuff I found in the tags right now varied from somewhat decent to good and the occasional bad art. Here's some art to balance out the shit from earlier.

I'm sort of surprised none of them have done Josuke x Kira yet

What the fuck is Gyro doing in that pic?

He's trying to be the creepy girl from the ringu movies, Sadako.

She's not the only one

Pet shop X Iggy

Wasn't Pucci out of all persons the one who hired KKK to do that?

Diavolo X Doppio

What's up with their noses?

IIRC it's stated in the manga that she's a spic and so is her dead sister

You don't wanna know

Pucci wouldn't seem too far off from a Southern Italian of moorish origins, but I just can't visualize him as such. Since Wes is attacked for being a half nigger, I can't picture Pucci as anything but a nigger himself. Plus it's way funnier to say "Gay Nigger Priest" than "Gay Dark Skinned Italian Priest" when trying to convey his character.

He didn't know the detective he hired was (((KKK)))

For the first pic, the artist may have had trouble with shading. As for the second one, it looks fine.

Yeah, he didn't know that the PI he hired was part of the KKK.

What's up with these noses? Why are they so flushed?

Tumblr nose. Tumblr likes doing weird things with noses because reasons. Though even Araki sometimes puts black lines on noses for no reason.

He was complaining about the villain's actions being villainous.

The thing is, Wes isn't mixed-race. He was adopted by a mixed-race couple and the KKK assumed he was their biological son and immediately went for the rope.

What a wacky misunderstanding.

JoJo is fueled by absurd coincidences and wacky misunderstandings.

One's blushing and the other pic has Jonathan and speedwagon all bruised up.

Shit. That's only going to encourage them.

You don't blame the new character for dying on the way to his home planet. There are points where the writers are obviously fucking with the plot, and Stone Ocean was effectively that.

That's why it's so fun.

Still the fact that he was able to hire a detective with ties to the KKK is a notch against him being a nigger.

Stop being autistic the first user was just being cheeky about his complaints. Stone Ocean was by all means an end of Jojo. Until it was moved to Ultra Jump Steel Ball Run wasn't even referred to as Jojo.

Of course I was being cheeky. Me blaming Pucci for the reset is like people blaming everything on Obama (even rain in summer). It's all in the name of fun, really.

Yes. I think Jolyne becoming Irene was Araki saying "JoJo is over," for she was no longer a JoJo.

But then he decided to make a new JoJo. So here we are.

This. Watching the anime made me realize all the things wrong with part 4, and the sheer amount of characters dropped after their introduction is one of them. It doesn't help that usually they're introduction would always take up it's own little episode, leaving a good chunk of episodes in the anime basically useless within the overarching plot.

Part 3 started the "Baddy of the week" formula anyways. Part 5 is far worse, but for Part 4 its especially jarring because they aren't running all over the world.. it all takes place in the same town. Nearly all events in Part 4 are within walking distance of each other.

I love the sheer irony of it, and how it just comes out of nowhere.
I always figured it was because Josuke/Okuyasu/Koichi never directly kill anyone, and Araki didn't want the main villain fight to be any different. Because of this, plus the massive irony, the ambulance running him over is a great solution.

The thing most people won't get about part 4 is that it's just supposed to be like seinfeld with stands, which is why everyone liked it. Sure, there were characters that weren't pertinent, but there was some form of world building going on

It's also a cruel twist of fate for Kira after his unnatural luck had gotten him so far. It's only fitting that after fighting in the streets and causing so much chaos that a car might hit him.

Retconning at its finest

It's the worst, too. He just wipes it all away, and then resumes his money-raking legacy, anyway.

Anything for them sheckles

Why is DP so cheap at times? Do they have a low budget? Or are they just greedy fucks that would rather use minimal effort and animate less and less? Don't get me wrong, I love the Jojo anime but the animation quality has gotten worse instead of better over time. No where is it more noticeable than in good chunks of Part 4.

time and money

Time constraints I can understand. But should money really be a factor at this stage? This is the 4th, or technically 5th, season of Jojo. How can they get more strained for money instead of less?

Nah. That guy's wrong. They just lack direction. Giving Yoshikage flowing Saiyan hair, realistically detailing pantsu, and never getting Killer Queen's face right is just what you get from gooks.

It's more that anime in general has taken a turn for the worst, since the 90's. You're only noticing it just now.

The anime industry is fucking brutal. Underpaid, overworked employees struggle to keep up with ruthless demands.

I don't know about taking a turn for the worst. I'm sure production conditions haven't gotten better but anime itself has sorta flip flopped around for a few years now. Hasn't gotten western cartoon levels of bad yet though.

Typical Jap jobs then?

They've been in economic turmoil since exactly 1990. I'm not kidding.

Since then, they've hired gooks for their work, which has gotten worse.

The dream died when the bubble burst. Japanese economic bubble that is. Compare the anime from the 80s and 90s. 80s was so full of hope and positivity compared to 90s where we got dark and bleak anime like Serial Experimental Lain and Boogiepop Phantom and of course Evangelion.

To be fair they actually enjoyed the weak Japanese Yen. Their export are better with that and tourism industry is booming.

Is there any hope left to save the industry?

You know that fucking argument doesn't hold much water when you remember he puts 2 people in a fate worse than death (Angelo and Enigma), while also having his introduction be permanently warping a mans face.

Yes, all of them are assholes who can be argued to have it coming but the fact that he has no trouble doing that to people makes his whole NO KILLING seem like a stupid quirk that makes no sense.

The industry itself is pretty save though. People complained about fanservice anime all the time but we still have interesting anime come out now and then.

If you're asking about Japanese industry in general, no and yes. No as in the competition with Korea and China took its toll toward sales of their goods. Yes as in Japan is shifting to service industry like tourism thanks to weak Yen that entice more tourists to visit Japan.

Also Japan got a huge boner for Olympic 2020. NHK made a weekly show called Tokyo Eye 2020 to promote hidden aspects of Japan.

Hey now, Josuke wasn't the one who punched him into a fucking book. What Nigma did was the equivalent of permanently shitting his pants.

As of now, they're basically in a state of mania. Absolutely out of touch. If anything, their market would be as worse as the west's, if their neoconservatism wasn't seen as superior to the west's liberal ideals.

Negative. The state of mania is dying down now thanks to dwindling economy since the last voting. Sure old folks and neoconservatism exist in Japan (What with new hate toward both sides of Korea) but they are desperate for change. They even willing to lift the ban on gambling so they can tax them and spending more on incentives for promoting sex and birthing more children.

When can we start mixing whites and japs together to form a super race?

Every time I think this, it only seems to be getting worse. They're completely degenerated, as a culture, making the Romans and Greeks seem like patricians.

Degenerate xenophiles like yourself aren't exactly making this situation any better. You're only contributing to the death of their society.

Buddy, it was the whites that started the decline of the human race. I mean, you whites were the ones who excepted them degenerate filth you call homosexuals in.

>>>Holla Forums

Younger interpreneurs never bothered with the triangle of hate. They actually found a lot of export market for China though. The more rich Chinese, the more they want quality shit. Since Japan is good in making expensive limited quality shit it's a match made in east Asia.

You know as i see it the ambulance was only a means to reach the true defeat of kira,the person who gives the finishing blow wasnt jotaro it was Reimy(tecnically her dog),even afer dying the motherfucker was still going to try and escape i cant even imagine how a ghost kira would work tho

its delightfully ironic if you consider that yoshikage kira who just wanted a quiet life enjoying womans hands now is doomed to an eternity of restlessness being ripped apart BY hands.

but he doesn't though

he gets to be a ghost detective

That's from Dead Man's Question, right?

would they lead to the same womb or would they both have separate wombs?

you bet

Please reiterate.

Entrepreneurs.

That is an interesting way of seeing it. Though another thought popped into my head:

The character to deliver the final blow against Kira, arguably the character that Part 4 is truly about, is Morioh itself.

Whoa…

Interesting thought

How's the season so far?

Weakest link is the low budget quality moments. Oh boy are there a lot of those.

Other than that, Part 4 is pretty enjoyable. More fun than part 3.

Worse art, best story.

I'm hoping Part 5 will have better art since it's more popular in Japan. It will have the worst story, but the best characters, so I'm looking forward to it regardless of flaws.

Are you ready? Are you ready to him? How is it feel user? How is it feel to be live in an age of wonders?

I am ready. Although it is going to probably take a year, maybe more.

Art is terrible, the openings suck for the most part, VA choices are alright with some being questionable, tons of iconic moments dropped for the sake of keeping the length of the episodes coherent, they fucked up the part immediately before He's not my Dad! by deliberately making cuts from one chapter to the other and the music is the weakest of all of the three parts' scores.

Taken by itself, fantastic anime, easily beats most of its competitors. Taken within the Jojo anime adaptation, it's the lowest point in the series.

More like second-best only surpassed by Battle Tendency.

Next thread should be the last, right ?
Because Jojolion is on hiatus, Vento Aureo won't be announced until summer at least and Cuckventure Time won't return until summer or so

Actually, the latest Jojolion is up.

That reminds me of something I was thinking about earlier today: Does anyone else find it really odd we still don't know who the main villain is? The main villain(s) are usually introduced pretty early on in every other Part, they don't hide the antagonists at all.

>Part 7: Valentine Valentine Valentine Diego

I'm guessing it's either Caato or that unknown guy in Josuke's flashback.

A female JoJo villain would be novel.

Part 8 has the Rock People and the organization running the Rokakaka smuggling - arguably all the members of the Higashikata's household are dicks with their own goals.

Yeah. History made.

Caato's power is too tame to be a villain, unless she gets combined with someone. Flashback man is more likely to be the main villain, or maybe a combination of Jobin and someone else.

Also, if this new zombie stand isn't called Thriller I'm going to be disappointed.

We don't know exactly what Caato's power is. All we know is that she can store objects between cards. Knowing Araki, this could be a part of an extremely dangerous power.

It's basically Enigma but without the fear gimmick, and if you've ever lurked /tg/ you'd know that a Bag of Holding is capable of some serious fuckery.

That'd make my day

Well, we don't know exactly what anyone's powers are because in the majority of cases we've only seen one or two uses of the power.

Does Hato's stand allow her to make spikes from anything? Or any part of her body? Or is it just her shoes? We kind of have to go with what we know now, which is that Caato can hide objects inside a deck of cards. We also know the objects can be bigger than the cards themselves (like the chair). Theoretically, she could have guns, knives, grenades, all sorts of things prepared in her deck. It would make her formidable but until we see another aspect of the power, I can't picture her as the main villain.

Same with Jobin, really. All we've seen him do so far is increase the temperature at a tiny point. Will he go full Magician's Red with it or what? I remember reading a Japanese thing about how Speed King had a hidden power, but we haven't seen it yet.

I think you mean a MAIN female Jojo villain. We've had a few before but never at the big bad level.

Yes, I do mean main. There's been female "bad guys" but none I'd call THE villain. I usually use "villain" as "the most important bad guy."

final episode soon fellow stalkers

We need a new thread..because damn that epilogue was amazing!

The seasons ending on episode 40 right?

No.

No, the series is over, but the blu-rays will contain all of the Rohan Kishibe does other shit one offs.

I wish that was the actual title.

One last thread since the Rohan OVAs are coming out and that should be it until Vento Aureo it's announced and/or Jojolion comes back
Until then, we're back at taking jabs at Cuckventure Time

Also, motherfucker that ending was beautiful