Efficient way to safely :^) run botnet

Let's say you just needed some of that software. Which way would you run it?

Windows in VM is a safe bet, but let's be honest, dedicating a core for that shit is a loss. Especially if you're on duo/quad core CPU.
Emulating Android is not a bad option.
Firejailing is cool but doesn't help when software itself is botnet.

Share your experiences.

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/nonfree-games.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This how you do it OP

Probably a VM, though I have been curious lately as to whether running Windows 7 + Steam in a VM on my main machine is more or less secure than running a separate machine with Windows 10 + Steam + a new Intel/AMD processor on a separate subnet with limited internet connectivity.

>>>/g/

Not sure why would you even go with 10 if it's for Steam and gayman.

if your doing pci passthrough there is no real reason not to go with 10 since you can always attempt to debotenet it + you are not doing anything on it besides gaymen and you get that DX12 support

gnu.org/philosophy/nonfree-games.html

"However, if you're going to use these games, you're better off using them on GNU/Linux rather than on Microsoft Windows. At least you avoid the harm to your freedom that Windows would do."

You dont understand how virtualization works do you? By default you dont dedicate cores to a virtual machine. With things like ESXi you can if you want to gaurentee performance or have latency sensitive workloads.

Also that is only part of it, you also need to look at things like such as the network and setup isolated PVLANs which your shitbox consumer grade switch isnt going to support

If you were smart you would know that the relevant machine could still communicate with your other machines.

Is there a Holla Forums that bans discussion of Windows and proprietary software? You can't have the best of both worlds. Pick Windows or freedom.

what's he saying?

I'm wondering about Windows 10 just to see how much having a separate, more controlled machine could help when running software that spies on you. When comparing between a VM and a separate, more controlled machine running the same software then the separate machine would win because you can more easily control its connection to other machines on your network and the internet (possibly going to the extent of using a whitelist instead of a blacklist, as you aren't using the machine for general internet use).

That man is a hero.

If it were that easy, we would never have to ask this question to begin this.

It really is that easy: stop installing proprietary software into your computer: start supporting the development of free software.

I use Windows because:
- has a GUI to see settings (not just see if something is on or off after typing 20 lines in console),
- so it is easy to configure to be secure,
- it has a proper executable/service based firewall,
- it has ASLR turned on by default,
- it has a proper filesystem which doesn't require ECC memory.

Is there any free OS which has these basic features?

>- so it is impossible to configure to be secure
FTFY

This has to be bait. Even btrfs, which is the beta stage, is better than ntfs.

???

Fuck That and Fuck You

you do realize you're wrong here. and this is coming from a fag with a server 2016 failover file server cluster.

Old laptop & onionpi, feels pretty safe for me. I tried also Amazon AWS, Tried to monitor traffic for unknown ip's afterklicking some free_botnet.exe,
I had to try it myself, couldn't belive hacforums advertisements about FUD , since then i disabled Antivirus, its fucking useless PSP is pointless if you're not mentally handicapped..

Do you want to run multiple vms
each having botnet software?

what?
so you want a steam vm on a windows vm?

device passthrough is easiest and bestest on linux

You can use ufw to limit loopback and virtual interfaces
without pvlans on the host machine in linux
BUT if host is compromised, then all vms are fucked where
enterprise switches can isolate even when host is compromised

Linux master race

free OS which has these basic* features?
LINUX MASTER RACE

Holla Forums Holla Forums

obviously Steve Jobs is alive and shitposting

p.s. I have 24 physical intel cpu cores on one machine

newfag spotted

dx12 support doesn't matter much
W7 has much better compatibility

He's saying that apple is violating is European rights he asked for refund.
even if he did the good thing to do he's still cuck to believe in EU.
I don't even know how apple can sell there shit in france the consumers laws are really strict.

No there isn't you dumbass. I tested all popular distros, neither had them. I am not talking about "change the wallpaper" setting.

It can

No it isn't. There is no internet connection at boot on my PC, also my firewall patched the network driver and prevents from avoiding it on boot.
Also you didn't answer his point. He wanted good application/service level firewall

no, linux shit doesn't have those features

do you have a single fact to back that up?

on your screenshot you have just few settings available, if you try to change anything advanced or in applications, you will have to open stupid config files and do it manually

on windows only the most expert things are changed in registry, almost everything else is with GUI, in applications too

it can be as secured as LINUX shit can be

sounds like a personal problem to me.

Figuring out the what where and why the fuck of the advanced settings and the registry in windows is literally exactly as 'difficult' as figuring out the relevant cli tools and getting used to config files on linux.
I say this having figured this shit out on both systems.
Fucking REGEDIT is not somehow better, easier, or more intuitive than command line options and config files, you enormous baby.

Just use offline mode

you need regedit only for most expert config options
on linux you need stupid config files for basic things

become ceo for google

Config files are like the whole reason why GNU/Linux software is even able to be so configurable and to be so dynamically configurable.

Here's how I try to mitigate the botnet in my life:
It's relatively safe to run in your browser. Firefox is an abomination, but I'd rather visit web.skype.com in firejailed Firefox than actually install something from Microsoft.
I create a folder for the game and then run it with "firejail --private=folder game"
I also use --net=none for singleplayer games.
I have wine firejailed the same way. So I have .wineonline and .wineoffline folders which contain wine prefixes for online and singleplayer games respectively.

I'm aware that the skype service itself is botnet, but that's out of my control. I need it for work. At least I can use it without installing some binary from MS.

Please elaborate.

Last time I tried that (few weeks ago), it was only text on Linux since calls required a plugin available only on windows?

What do you want me to elaborate on? Using web.skype.com means you don't have to run some black box executable to access skype. That's all there is to it.

And I wouldn't know about calls, I only use it for text.

There's no firejail in windows. Things like sandboxie do work (another botnet, huh), but those are not designed to withstand serious botnet attempts. Windows has pretty much zero support for process isolation from rest of the OS.

Web skype can do both voice and cam, assuming you're using a real browser, and not some qtwebkit meme.

When it comes to IM/SNS botnets, People should be more concerned about how to setup account through Tor w/o giving out a phone number. Compared to that, avoiding or sandboxing the related botnet app is comparably easy.

That's what I wanted to know. Thanks.

I tried Chromium and it wouldn't let me install the plugin that is required for making calls. I read that and it specifically says that plugin in question is only available on NSA+Windows. If you know a way otherwise, please do tell.

I have a dedicated Botnet (Win10) machine that I use for audio/video production and nothing else.

2/10

Explain why my recent brand-new install of Winblows 10 has 20% disk fragmentation after just installing updates and a few little programs then.