Dark souls is the most overrated game franchise there fucking is. Seriously...

Dark souls is the most overrated game franchise there fucking is. Seriously, I've played Bloodborne and DS2 and while they had excelent cinematography and the areas looked great (as far as I've seen) the gameplay is awful. And don't start with "You're just a normalfag, go back to farmville" or whatever, I've beated God Hand 4 times, and even half a minute of that is infinitely more fun than two hours of this bullshit and unfair pile of vomit of a franchise. I mean, if the controls were improved and you had two or three times the health, it would be way more fun. But noooooo, it's to keep "le casuls" away. Fuck that. Give me a game I can actually fucking enjoy without having an aneurysm. And the biggest fucking problem is that for a so called "hard but fair" game, the difficulty is fucking horseshit. God Hand is a hard but fair game. SMT3: Nocturne is a hard but fair game. DS is fucking atrocious. Seriously, if you just fucking doubled the health bar the game would be genuinely good, if still a bit flawed. But no, let's keep the casuals away from such a promising game, let's make it """hard""" to convince """hardcore gamers""" they are so fucking cool for completing a shitty game. And the saddest thing is, it's a bad GAME. Everything else is pretty good. But if the gameplay is unfair, hard, and just plain not fun, does it really matter?

git gud

This tbh.

that does not change the fact that it's a flawed game. You can't polish a turd. And even if I still somehow beat it, what's the point? I won't have any fun at all. I had FUN when I beat the shit out of the fat mexican Elvis in God Hand. I had FUN when I handed Matador's ass to him in SMT3. But in DS? I did manage to beat the first boss in Bloodborne, and guess what? I felt fucking nothing. Nothing at all. So, why should I waste my time playing a shit game where I could play a fun one instead?

if you can't enjoy DS, that's your problem. Some people enjoy cheap challenges.

Then don't. Play your games, and let everyone else play theirs.

That's what you get for listening to the shittiest board on the website. Holla Forums has shit taste in video games and is part of the decline.

The problem is that the game could be one of the best games ever if not for its notorious difficulty.It's not dead on arrival and never was. Its style and graphics are really unique and memorable, as well as the bonfite mechanic, now a staple for (far better) "Soul-like" games. Why, just why, did they chose to make it so fucking hard? To get it known? Come on, the game looks wonderful, and has some really interesting characters. It was bound to become famous on the internet sooner or latter anyway.

You are part of the decline as well. Go back to Holla Forums.

I meant the style and looks of them, not how "advanced" or whatever they are.

I have over 1,100 hours in DS1
Everything is so tryhard now
in the last 6 months every death I've ever had was a lag backstab I just wish they would remove it from pvp because it's a game breaking mechanic with lag. What's the point of learning weapon movesets and becoming familiar with attributes of armor if the meta is to just tap you internet and backstab for 900 damage?
This shit happens at least 80% of the time and it slowly killed my enjoyment of the game. Uninstalled a few days ago because I can't even enjoy wasting my time anymore.

It's an aesthetically and mechanically inferior game to many others. I'd rather play casual trash like Dying light or Last of Us than DS tbh.

Not to mention the combos are bland and uncreative, and the character movement animations look stiff which breaks my immersion.

Style is way more important than graphics, by the way. Mother 3 is an example.

The gameplay is all that matters, and the gameplay was shit.

Also OP guys like

have shit taste and make excuses for shit taste. Holla Forums is even worse than Holla Forums when it comes to vidya. You're better off going to /svidya/ or /games/ or private forums to discuss it.

Pretty sure it's impossible for anywhere on the internet to be worse than Holla Forums when it comes to video games. Even reddit is better than Holla Forums, and reddit is cancer.

git gud
Casul

okay, health, I can understand that. God Hand didn't have much health either. But shit controls? That's just inexcusable!

stop

But, you know what it DID have? A reliable way to dodge enemy attacks. Oh, and while I'm at it, the stamina bar was bullshit too.

I'd love to see Gene roll in heavy plate

i just played the 1st for the fluff

I quit bloodborne midway since farming blood vials after each boss is fcking gay

First of all, this entire thing is a big "stop liking what I don't like!", but hey to each his own. But I explicitly liked it for the things you complained about
Darksouls has many levels of expieriencing gameplay, it being hard and frustrating actually adds to the players investment in the game and the immersion of it, afterall you're supposed to be a cursed undead that gets more and more insane and angry as he hollows. I played all three parts and honestly only the first, and parts of the third, were actually unfair in terms of difficulty, once you learned the mechanics and the wobby movement it's pretty neat and you get the classic rpg-satisfaction of defeating strong early game enemies within seconds later on, even though you can beat the entire game without leveling if you're autistic enough. Overall I can't really understand why anyone would actually get angry about a videogame being popular, I mean it's a videogame, it's not like the industry can be redeemed in any way, and ds is still one the better non-indie games out there

well, theres your problem play dark souls 1

did you press start before you got gud or something

DS is easy once you get the hang of timing your attacks. If you're a dunbfuck who approaches npcs head on spamming your attacks, you're going to get raped. You have to dance around your opponents. The best players are the ones who got the basics down. Dodgeroll, parry, backstep, and the counter roll. That's all you need.

I play at least one hour a day. The pvp community is one of the bests out there.

Pleb

This tbh

I am a hardcore rpg gamer. and I try out most games. Dark souls was so shitty that after waiting 5 hours to download my bootleg copy and finally booting it up, 15-20 minutes into it I removed it from my pc. But wait, ds2 was nearly done downloading. It surely had must have improved physics and more options for character customization as well as less monotony and feeling of accomplishing nothing???
Imo it was even worse. It lasted maybe 10 mins.
I play undertale on hard mode, so don't tell me gitgud. Dying wasn't my problem, the games just literally sucked.

hard mode in undertale only lasts until the end of the Ruins faggot
I want to fuck goat mom tho
I just like telling people

nigger…
I was trolling
TopKek

oh… yeah, neither have I played undertale

meant to post this

That's where you're wrong. Sorry, but ds is supposed to be hard but beatable. Not "hard but fair". The one thing I do agree with you on is the combat, it's pretty clunky most of the time and sometimes it's damn near uncontrollable. I also hated the fact that you have to learn spells just to make it through certain areas. Honestly, they should of just made it very difficult to get through those areas, NOT FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THROUGH. Which makes a so-called "open world" rpg very linear and therefore not even an open world game. It's a pseudo open world game. And another thing, the "story" that's there is lack luster and boring (for what story there even is). Honestly, if you're going to make a game very difficult at least make the story very rewarding. But that's the thing, it's not and it's snooze fest. Dark souls isn't very good.

Is this undertale?
I thought it was a text adventure….

The only thing I found difficult was the controls
There's a story?

Like I said: "for what story there even is".

that was Haydee, undertale is a pixel art "rpg" with a good story

M8 that looks like some pozzed out faggy weebshit.
0/10 would not play
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

was this faggot predicted by the 1992 irem game undercover cops?

More