So after sjwfox destroys the last thing that made it great this year...

So after sjwfox destroys the last thing that made it great this year, will our only reasonable browser options be palemoon and vivaldi?

Other urls found in this thread:

trisquel.info/en/forum/chromium-unconditionally-downloads-binary-blob
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They have destroyed it already, long time ago, I could say years. Only the retardest and newfags continue to use it.
There are no good and reliable browsers today for Windows, period.

Is the source open yet? last year I saw a lot of petitions in their forum.

Chromium is open source, you absolute faggot.
You can look at its source code yourself and verify that it isn't. Assuming, of course, that you're even literate in computer code, which is false for most FOSS fanboys.

There is a reason why literally every project that has set out to do this has either failed or is still in progress. Chromium source code is absolutely massive, which makes auditing it a huge undertaking which will necessarily take lots of people and lots of time. "Just look at the source code" doesn't work for a single individual because the malicious parts are buried and obfuscated under a mountain of bloat.

I think they dumped a 700mb zip file on their site. It's not a source code repository.

Faggots like you are cancer

Just submit a patch user (and maintain it through every update). If there's something you don't like, you just patch it! This is GNUPOWER! We the people are in control. Power to the community, if they don't hear our voice, we fork!

Good luck, no matter how much C experience you have. OpenSSL had a major flaw, despite a much smaller codebase, and also despite being a critical security component.

If you fork it user don't forget to give me credit. You'll be sorry if you don't because I spend more time in the mailing list and forums attention whoring than I do working. Never mind how I became the tripfag in charge of the source even though I didn't write any of it, I'm here to ensure copyleft is enforced and everyone sucks Stallman's dick constantly.

Oh you found some code that does that thing we've been ignoring for 5 years? Is it GPL? Oh what's that it's free but not free as in BEER!? Then you'd better re-do it or track down that guy that hasn't been online in 4 years to have him release it in our preferred license. This is the OPEN SOURCE COMMUNITY and we don't play games. Sure it's fine to copy his work without credit, he released it under MIT like the pleb he is.

kek

KEK

Use Google's Chromium.

S E A M O N K E Y

Although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned. They're somewhat tied to the hip to Mozilla, but the browser itself has been really solid. I've been using it since Pale Moon's pre-26.0 shitfest, it's been incredibly solid. If Mozilla explodes, I'd appreciate them doing so without impacting Seamonkey (and Thunderbird, too, really), and then life will be good. If not, I guess I'll have to go with Pale Moon again or something.

Chromium is shit for redditors and social media faggots. A browser that can't handle more than ten tabs without the UI collapsing in on itself is retardation of the highest order.

I might sound like a pleb but I switched from a binary firefox to a locally compiled chromium on my gentoo. Is this a good move? I like chromium but am being sucked into the botnet with google integration.

Chinese botnet

That's opera you faggot.

yeah, fuck google

gentoo's good but installing chromium wasn't a smart move
Chromium is botneted to the core.
So much that the debian team didn't see this shit
trisquel.info/en/forum/chromium-unconditionally-downloads-binary-blob
what's going to be next ? idk.
The trisquel team also stopped from auditing it there's too much unlicensed sources code and other weird shit, that's why they don't add it to trisquels repository.

I don't what op's up too but firefox besides the shit that they implemented is pretty good now.

Try icecat if you don't want all the bullshit of firefox.

I only use a "regular" browser for connecting to my router's configuration front-end (when I don't ssh into it). For anything else I use Tor Browser. As long as Tor project keeps doing their job of unbotnetting whichever browser they use as their base, I don't really care.

Oh, look, it's the same fucking thread again.

Does someone pay these shills or do they just spread FUD for free?

You could use Tor Browser without tor for your "regular" browser.

I'm happy with Firefox for as long as it remains free software.

With windows you get what you pay for

i shyggdghtdythgt
firefox was kill like 5-10 years ago i cant even fucking remember. why are people mentioning chrome here? that was never not kill

Am I the only one that uses waterfox?

Please use one of the existing threads about browsers, Firefox and/or dropped XUL support instead, such as: