OpenSUSE Linux can be run under Windows 10

archive.is/EStFg

Other urls found in this thread:

mjg59.dreamwidth.org/39546.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend_and_extinguish
adobe.com/go/settingsmanager.
adobe.com/go/RTMFP.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If that's YAST GUI and CLI, Windows now has 4 control panels.
Outside of that what software runs on OpenSUSE but not on Ubuntu? Sounds like a lot of effort for little benefit.

Already openSUSE now. What's next gentoo? I wonder if in the distant future Windows will merge with GNU/Linux to "GNU/NSA/Linux plus Windows".

:^)

I'll just call this kind of thing "homeopathic Linux" from now on.

It most likely uses the Windows Subsystems for Linux component of Windows 10. Windows is already compatible with Linux software, it just uses Ubuntus toolset by default. Now Windows users have two options

Finally, you can be datamined by Microsoft while using GNU/Linux too.

lol

"By which orifice would you like to be pozzed today, sir?"

I don't get it, why "Linux" if it's running on the windows kernel? or is the windows kernel virtualizing for a linux kernel? That seems inefficient, why don't they just use a compatibility layer? Oh, right, because it's a tech blog post, which is cancer.
No, really, fuck "tech" sites and "techy" "geeks", they ruined what once was a nice thing.

It's what they want. What did you expect with the fact that they're putting money into the linux foundation, and it more or less coincided (+/- a few months or so) with the time when the Linux foundation stopped having it so people+companies were part of the main board of people in charge and only companies got allowed representation (it was all in a blog post by a disenfranchised dude which I can't find right now)
Linux is almost completely pozzed, all we have left is to part for *BSD or Hurd kernels

When 99% of newer consumer computers on the market are locked to W10 they'll be able to point to this Windows Subsystem for Linux bullshit and say that locked down is a matter of opinion. It's a decent backup strategy if shifting the blame towards hardware manufacturers for creating their monopolistic position doesn't pan out in court, most major distros will gladly defend them on this.

They've already gotten away with UEFI, it's only going to get worse.

Wasn't it on Matthew Garret's blog?

mjg59.dreamwidth.org/39546.html

His blog used to be a disaster when it came to open discourse but he's also the only person with a bit of authority from the FSF who's talking about this and giving an opportunity for the public to speak. Thankfully the recent Libreboot fiasco seems to have knocked some sense into him.

Good thing I don't use systemd or SElinux :^)

Yet. :^)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend_and_extinguish

Why it's so hard for normies to understand that they do not deserve non free software at all.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

what's the point?

that's like going into a gay club in order to get laid with a women

Why are you so hurt by a gay flag

This is why I keep saying windows should be the new OS for fags. Also because it's more diseased than macs.

Microsoft doesn't care what the OS is as long as they keep the botnet. As far as Gates cares, if you ran straight up Gentoo with a small program sending data to Microsoft, that's all good.

Botnet = advertising data = billions in revenue.

That's not true. They also want you to run a genuine™ copy of Windows, because that makes them money, and they'd like you to run an operating system that supports software like Microsoft Office, because that potentially makes them money. It would be dumb to think that spyware is their only source of profit.

That used to be true before Windows 10.

They have switched their revenue models away from mass proprietary software sales to now working on the botnet model.

They aren't averse to making profit on sales now, but I think they'll give you everything for free™ soon.

It just doesn't belong. Different user, but the focus on people's sexuality, and their misappropriation of words has no place in computing, let alone anything. It's not that I give a fuck where they want to stick it, but we waste so much fucking time on it, who gives a fuck, stick it where you will and move the fuck on.

I don't get this particular reason. Individual emoji are at a level that's abstract enough that whether it "has a place in computing" is irrelevant. It doesn't have an effect on "actual" computing, just on people who happen to use unicode-supporting technology to communicate.

Even when you pay the software, you still install a botnet.
For example adobe you pay for it and you're still part of the botnet
see for example this is part of the
ADOBE
Personal Computer Software License Agreement

7.5 Peer Assisted Networking Technology. Adobe Flash Player and Adobe AIR runtimes provide the ability for applications built by third parties to connect to an Adobe Server or service and permit direct communication between two Adobe Runtime clients or to connect an Adobe Runtime client as part of a
peer or distributed network that allows a portion of your resources, such as network bandwidth, to be made directly available to other participants. Prior to joining such peer or distributed network, you will be provided with the opportunity to accept such connectivity. You can manage Peer Assisted Networking settings using the Flash Player Settings Manager. Learn more about using the Settings
Manager at adobe.com/go/settingsmanager. You can find more information on Peer
Assisted Networking at adobe.com/go/RTMFP.

This
Politics has no place in free software it's just something that divides more than anything else.

It's not the fact that the flag that was added that is problematic.
It's why it was added.
If it was added and that's all, no promotion on showing "how inclusive we are" then there's nothing to say.
But it isn't the case by doing that Microsoft is asking more sjw/lgbt people to come in software.
It's not a problem if it's their software they'll fuck themselves if it was the case.

But now like this user linked it's probable that sjw (or other) politics is going to be pushed in free software via Microsoft.

Software should be completely apolitical, I don't care what your political views are as long as you keep it out of my software. It doesn't belong in it.

Software itself. Absolutely. Companies? Let them be and just boycott whatever and whoever is too pozzed. I don't mind a few pro-tolerance messages every now and then. It's the militant shit that's obnoxious.

Is she referring to the fact that some people of color are not aware of them descending from kangz and still be living under slavery from whitey?

Does this mean having a proper Shell and everything, or just access to it's applications and such? Windows desktop sucks.

What kind of shell and applications do you mean? Command line or graphical?

Do you actually get to use a linux DE, or do you just run OpenSUSE applications on windows desktop?

Nothing graphical, unless you mess around with a X server that's native to Windows. If you do that you could run graphical applications on the Windows desktop and probably a pure Loonix environment in a separate window or however the particular X server implementation you use implements it.

Forgive them, for they know not what they do.

Linux users BTFO!!!

(checked)