What's a good, non-pozzed SBC...

What's a good, non-pozzed SBC? Is either the CHIP or Onion Omega more concentrated on just providing a good product than being SJWs?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/search?q="Why nerd" from:arduino&src=typd
twitter.com/search?q="We want to encourage" from:Raspberry_pi&src=typd
hackaday.com/2017/01/21/a-motherboard-manufacturers-take-on-a-raspberry-pi-competitor/
8ch.net/tech/res/702979.html
mouser.com/Texas-Instruments/Semiconductors/Embedded-Processors-Controllers/Microcontrollers-MCU/16-bit-Microcontrollers-MCU/MSP430F2013-Series/_/N-a85k8?P=1yxz5q6Z1z0zls6Z1z0z63x
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Orange pi/Banana pi
Allwinner H5 1GB ram $20

All that red on the Raspberries

SBCs
Beaglebone Black
Cubieboard
Cubieboard 2
Cubietruck
Odroid XU4
Odroid C1+
Odroid C2
Olimex Lime A10
Olimex Lime2 A20
Olimex Micro A20
Xunlong Orange Pi One

Anything by Sinovoip
Most things by Lemaker
Cubieboard 4, Cubietruck Plus
Xunlong's more powerful offerings, they're only good for cheap stuff
RasPi, unless you're buying used
Pine A64, unless you like shit drivers

CHIP
Lemaker Banana Pro

Microcontrollers
Note that while Arduino are shit, they're also open source hardware. Chinese companies use their designs to make much cheaper boards, and none of the money goes to the Arduino guys.

Arduino Uno clone
TI Launchpad MSP430
PJRC Teensy 2.0

I'm at this point myself

Know of any that come with uefi?

All the ones I've used have ARM processors, so they have their own booting method.
I think the Intel Compute Stick and it's clones use UEFI, but I'm not certain. If you do check those out avoid Bay Trail, because it causes annoying booting issues.

My C.H.I.P. can't do shit. Do not get.

Thanks. I'm looking more toward getting the Beagle or Orange.

Can you please provide sources for these supposedly-screenshots?
Gonna show it to a friend but he won't believe in screenshots, because as all you know, they are easy to fake (for ex., using browser dev tools)

I know the RasberryPi tweet has been around for a while and can confirm it's legit. Try archive.org?

twitter.com/search?q="Why nerd" from:arduino&src=typd
twitter.com/search?q="We want to encourage" from:Raspberry_pi&src=typd

Just use search feature on Twitter.

I got a pocketchip, it's alright. I don't use it that often but I guess for the price it's decent as a portable debian machine.

Of course, the company that makes it is pozzed

If it's catered toward minorities and wommyn, can't be mad as long as they're making... anything.

Guess who am I talking about here: the SJWs or the Holla Forums retards?

Both, since they're literally the same thing.

3/10, made me type a lot.

The RasPi foundation makes computers. They have nothing to do with vidya. They sperged out about the ebil goobergate and kept doubling down when people tried to talk to them. Literally just not taking a position would have kept them in good standing with everyone, but they went out of their way to make people dislike them. They'd still get shat on if they went on a massive rant about niggers and jews, because that isn't related to making single board computers either.

Some polacks use the same tactics as SJWs. Aside from that they're not the same thing at all.

If I want to buy something and can get it from Random Co. or H8Anon Inc., for what reason should I give money to the company that hates my guts instead of the one that doesn't give a shit? Disrespect me and you get disrespect back, fucker. Those are basic social rules even an autist should be able to understand.
It's called voting with your wallet, and plenty of people do it, from user to greenpeace (but not SJWs since they only boycott vidya, which they never buy anyway). Not enough to drive a company out of business, but enough that companies usually don't go around intentionally trying to piss people off unless they're in the telecom business.

Explain.

The color curves in that image are pissing me off. No black person has that much red in their skin. They need a better photographer.

better raw convertor/gimper
ftfy

however, usually it's the same person…

the color accuracy has little to do with actual photo shooting, unless it's done straight in JPEG (and it shouldn't, because camera JPEG sucks)

However, did you guys dig deeper and read the linked stuff?
There's a story about "uneducated" girl and malware that should make you think…

I know someone who bought (several) CHIPs. All I can say about it is that the keyboard on the PocketCHIP sucks ass. Also the software for the GUI doesnt really seem developed. I had to install a web browser and IRC client and the GUI required editing json files to do so, and there was some bullshit like switching back to the home app, and then clicking the app icon again would launch a 2nd instance rather than switch back to the previous instance.

For micros, the STM32 Discovery boards are good as well.

What the fuck.

I just really didn't want to go all into that. Saying photographer was just easier.

Why the fuck would a company have a political view at all?

hackaday.com/2017/01/21/a-motherboard-manufacturers-take-on-a-raspberry-pi-competitor/
Released this month
No Allwinner shit
Looks p good

8ch.net/tech/res/702979.html

My bad, i was asking for your views on rockchip 3288 powered sbc like the asus one and fumbled with my mouse

I like the Odroid C2. I'm using it as a media box with the "pocket rocket" Android 5.1.1 build from the forums.

It will run Recalbox 4.0 if you want an emulation machine RB has Kodi too, so there's some overlap in roles, just as there is with the Android builds

I haven't seen them pushing any agendas, and it seems to have OK support compared to most other SBC's.

Ignore Arduino completely and start with a proper real microcontroller like the TI MSP430. If you just absolutely NEED an ARM processor you can go for the MSP432, but I prefer the 430 over it for a lot of reasons.

I like esperinos a lot.

useless comparisons tbh

just learn avr and code for avr chips directly. all the arduino really does is act as a wrapper to break out the chip and add a little extra capability. moving to the chip directly gives you the full capability and understanding of the chip, makes it cheaper to work with, and makes it easier to embed.

avr is better supported than that ti shit due to all the arduino guys coalescing around it. also you can buy atmega328p chips direct from the chinese on ebay for ~ $2 / chip (buying 10 or more) and it's easier to work with than the ti chips.

avr you can get most of the chips in either dip or smd form factor, ti chips you're stuck with MSP430F2013 if you want dip form factor (easier for most hobbyists to work with). looking on mouser it looks like max program memory with dip form factor is 2kb, compared to 32kb for atmega328p. other differences as well.

mouser.com/Texas-Instruments/Semiconductors/Embedded-Processors-Controllers/Microcontrollers-MCU/16-bit-Microcontrollers-MCU/MSP430F2013-Series/_/N-a85k8?P=1yxz5q6Z1z0zls6Z1z0z63x

I thought you could get dip chips for MSP430F2013 at $1 / chip but i can't find that price anywhere right now. Buying in tubes of 10 on mouser it's around $2.60 / chip.

So I get cheaper price point, more capability, and better support by going with the avr chip. I recommend avr.

But I use my RPI for anti sjw twitter bot. Would that be OK my ethical overlord?

BTW if you made this thread from Intel processor you should kill yourself. Literally.

Thanks for the bump.

Was the fact that the screenshot was from a mobile device not enough evidence that this wasn't sent from an Intel computer or were you too busy sniffing your own farts out of a wine glass to notice? But yeah, sure, I'd love to throw away my desire to support a company that I agree with philosophically for the sake of not coming across as politically minded or opinionated. If company A and company B both offer a product that fits my needs, but company B takes stances that I don't agree with or chooses to enter the fray of a movement they didn't need to, I should completely just throw that information aside, right? That's pretty much what you're implying here.

But wait, there's more!

"My ethical overlord" implies that I came here not for the sake of seeking others' opinions or to further my own understanding, but to seek you out as a person and berate you for your choices. Why would you think that? Is it that you've buried yourself in such a victim culture that you literally can't read something now without it becoming a personal attack? If that is the case, then let me recomend that you look deep inside yourself and consider why it is that you do the things that you do.

Not really looking for an emulation machine, more for robotics type shit. I think it would be really cool to have something to pull cat 5 for me without needing to go into a crawl space.

Yeah they actually made their product look all wrong too

Is it all open hardware? That's what I'm really interested in. I wouldn't mind RasPi's shit if they didn't have any proprietary blobs, but alas, they do.