Trimming The Very Fat Windows

So I just disabled Windows Update from running constantly in my services list. My CPU temperature dropped 10 Celsius. What the fuck? So I decided to carefully keep trimming services I don't need.

I did this and at the end I experienced another temperature drop, albeit only 5-6 Celsius this time. My overclocked i7 is now running at room temperature idle when it didn't even come close to that before.

Are others aware how much Windows is pushing your computer by default? I mean I knew it was bad, just not THIS bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamdb.info/linux/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they are actually using computer resources for their own shit, you pc is basically downloading data, compute it(compile, archive, encrypt, decrypt.. etc) and the upload to mothership, thats windows nigga

They also use your machine to push win10 updates to other machines. Win10 is literally a botnet.

this

This is why you need to own your software, not get owned by it.

Read up on the four freedoms.

you really think you have disabled it completely? LOL enjoy proprietary software faggot

yeah, but if anyone had a problem with this then they wouldn't have accepted the Terms and Conditions and moved to an alternative. Since people are rational, and Winblows 10 adoption is hastening along at a healthy clip, that means the market actually demands more botnet!

Source?

install gentoo

What about using Windows as a guest OS? I agree it's shitty software but it's counterproductive to shun any discussion on making it lightweight because "hurr durr freedumbs"

Very funny, user.

it's true! in a spergy, economist-y sort of way, once you account for the the amount of energy each person chooses to reserve for optimizing a particular decision

You deserve everything

My ass

I never update and I don't use AntiVirus. I don't have any problems.

Windows is probably using their botnet to help the NSA do code cracking. Just a guess.

Sometimes Windows Update gets stuck doing god knows what and will max one core literally forever unless you disable it. That's probably what happened to you.

I'd say that's only a Windows thing but lots of linux distros use GVFS which literally does the same "lots of disk and CPU activity all of the fucking time for no known reason when the PC should be idle". I disable it by going to the directory with all of the GVFS binary executables, removing execute bit from all of them, and then using chattr to make them immutable. If you start various programs like firefox or file managers with a terminal you might see a bitch warning about GVFS but other than that there's no difference except the hard drive light doesn't blink all of the fucking time like your computer is botnet

why in the world would you ever use windows?

gaymes

And yet you still did not installed GNU/Linux.

Ι'd јuѕt lіkе tο іntеrјесt fοr а mοmеnt. Wһаt уοu'rе rеfеrrіng tο аѕ Windows, іѕ іn fасt, DOS/Windows, οr аѕ Ι'vе rесеntlу tаkеn tο саllіng іt, DOS рluѕ Windows. Windows іѕ nοt аn οреrаtіng ѕуѕtеm untο іtѕеlf, but rаtһеr аnοtһеr сοmрοnеnt οf а fullу funсtіοnіng DOS ѕуѕtеm mаdе uѕеful bу tһе DOS сοrеlіbѕ, ѕһеll utіlіtіеѕ аnd vіtаl ѕуѕtеm сοmрοnеntѕ сοmрrіѕіng а full OS аѕ dеfіnеd bу ΡOSΙX.

Mаnу сοmрutеr uѕеrѕ run а mοdіfіеd vеrѕіοn οf tһе DOS ѕуѕtеm еvеrу dау, wіtһοut rеаlіzіng іt. Τһrοugһ а ресulіаr turn οf еvеntѕ, tһе vеrѕіοn οf DOS wһісһ іѕ wіdеlу uѕеd tοdау іѕ οftеn саllеd "Windows", аnd mаnу οf іtѕ uѕеrѕ аrе nοt аwаrе tһаt іt іѕ bаѕісаllу tһе DOS ѕуѕtеm, dеvеlοреd bу tһе DOS Ρrοјесt.

Τhеrе rеаllу іѕ а Windows, аnd tһеѕе реοрlе аrе uѕіng іt, but іt іѕ јuѕt а раrt οf tһе ѕуѕtеm tһеу uѕе. Windows іѕ tһе desktop: tһе рrοgrаm іn tһе ѕуѕtеm tһаt аllοws you to run programs without using a command line. Τһе desktop іѕ аn еѕѕеntіаl раrt οf аn οреrаtіng ѕуѕtеm, but uѕеlеѕѕ bу іtѕеlf; іt саn οnlу funсtіοn іn tһе сοntеxt οf а сοmрlеtе οреrаtіng ѕуѕtеm. Windows іѕ nοrmаllу uѕеd іn сοmbіnаtіοn wіtһ DOS : tһе wһοlе ѕуѕtеm іѕ bаѕісаllу DOS wіtһ Windows аddеd, οr DOS/Windows. All tһе ѕο-саllеd "Windows" editions аrе rеаllу editions οf DOS/Windows.

LOL XDXD here's an upvote my dear sir!

It's NT based, not DOS. Windows hasn't been DOS based since 98/ME.
Doesn't matter anyway because Windows is the brand name for the whole OS

What the fuck version of Windows are we talking about here?

8.1 in my case.

I need the compatibility with games or else I would have.

>need

I always picture Stallman saying GNU/Shit every time he swers.

if it weren't for vidya most people would only have a chromebook

Ganoo/Loonix has gems. It just doesn't have all the games. steamdb.info/linux/
It's a good measure, and most people interested in games probably use it regardless.

That's my conclusion as well. My main computer today is my Asus C201 Chromebook with Libreboot and Debian installed. I also have a higher powered server computer that I use as a headless server box.

You're literally asking for it, OP.

Shame on you, Holla Forums.

newfag tries to fit in.jpg

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE