It will be another decade before the best input device is challenged

Carson Scott
Carson Scott

It will be another decade before the best input device is challenged.

Brody Ward
Brody Ward

Nah, keyboards will be around forever.

Blake Watson
Blake Watson

Only thing that could possibly kill this input device is voice interface.

Christopher Sullivan
Christopher Sullivan

best input device
not clitmouse

Charles Hall
Charles Hall

Just wait until we get haptic feedback on screens, and the bottom of the laptop becomes one big touchpad with a keyboard projected onto it. It would actually be a neat idea, because if there are no keys there's nothing for water to seep through, making it more rugged.

Alexander Bell
Alexander Bell

That would be terrible. More like mind interface.

Gavin Brown
Gavin Brown

voice interface
yet another thing that only sounds good on paper. We already have voice input on smartphones believe it or not. Yet nobody uses it, nobody wants to stand in public and scream out loud to their phone "Search for Funny cat videos on YouTube" like a retard. Voice input will never catch on

Easton Perry
Easton Perry

The best input device is one that won't give you crippling RSI in less than that decade.

OP picture not related.

Oliver Parker
Oliver Parker

as much as i love the clit, there are ZERO modern laptops with them that are not total dogshit.
trackpads are fucking garbage BUT NOT on apple computers
they are the ONLY device where i LIKE using the trackpad

Lucas Lopez
Lucas Lopez

It would still feel horrible compared to typing on a real keyboard.

Bentley Howard
Bentley Howard

exactly. as said nobody wants other people to hear the retarded shit they get up to on their devices. mind interfaces would replace literally every other imput, and be far more efficient. I would get an neural implant just for the ability to basic input tasks.

Parker Green
Parker Green

get neural implant
find out (((they))) are using it to control people in the worst way
I'd like to keep my keyboard.

Dylan Rogers
Dylan Rogers

You know what time it is...

Kayden Clark
Kayden Clark

/thread

mind interfaces would replace literally every other imput, and be far more efficient
there's no way in hell I'll let somebody install some hardware backdoor in my fucking brains.

keyboard and mouse are here to stay

James Peterson
James Peterson

Is it still botnet if it's libre?

Adrian Scott
Adrian Scott

it's too complex and small to be able to open, repair, fix, produce yourself
just a security risk

Jack Walker
Jack Walker

brain interfaces are never going to be used by any sane person

Mind interfaces also aren't the best solution. I might be the only one but, I don't think about exactly what I'm doing when I'm programming or especially on the command line in an item by item way.

This is image uses body part size to show much brainpower is dedicated to controlling certain body parts. The hands are massive but it goes beyond that, humans are built for hand eye coordination not eye thought coordination.

An ideal solution would be to add both more senses and inputs to the equation. Eyeball tracking is getting really good, once it's good enough to know what character or word you are looking at the editor can play sounds and buzz specifically placed vibrating motors so you have 3 senses giving you an idea of what you're looking and what you're typing. Eyeball tracking also solves the issue of mice being slow.

Jace Jenkins
Jace Jenkins

51nb's ThinkPad X62 mod, etc.

Nicholas Robinson
Nicholas Robinson

Custom build with fuck all parts warranty, only deals with a handful of orders at a time and lead time as parts get shipped from China to EU then on to you
Great viable option there, faggot.

Robert Mitchell
Robert Mitchell

all the deluded pad/clitcucks itt

Trackball remains the undisputed king of laptop pointer peripherals.

Aaron Watson
Aaron Watson

there's no way in hell I'll let somebody install some hardware backdoor in my fucking brains.
This guy gets it.

Considering how many PCs are hijacked I don't want to become a literal zombie.

Juan Murphy
Juan Murphy

Not to mention the questionable hardware compatibility. I've heard that the fan is set to activate at 40C so it's pretty much always on, people have had issues with grainy audio. Some other issues I've heard, but I can't remember right now. Just generally a little too janky for my taste.

Nathan Martinez
Nathan Martinez

I've recently started writing a short story with this exact premise. Still trying to decide if I want to work in FOSS without being to preachy.

Chase Perry
Chase Perry

touchpad is okay tier if apple - shit tier if clone

gay ass silent keyboards
mechanical keyboards ftw

toshiba protege

Asher Morales
Asher Morales

The dik should be bigger in that picture.

Lincoln Bailey
Lincoln Bailey

Fuck off, apple shill.

Brayden Williams
Brayden Williams

Snow Crash - Neal Stephenson

Jordan Brooks
Jordan Brooks

Holy Shit that's what nightmares are made of. El Rato would make a great psycho killer.

Juan Rivera
Juan Rivera

no water seeping in is not enough of an advantage, it would be hard to type on, really hard, we would be slower, mess up more, it would require looking at the keyboard at all times. Replacing it would be way more expensive, and it would break easier if it fell.

I've had to pour a very large glass full of water out of my powered keyboard that had water resting in it for hours, I just blow dried it, and it still works flawlessly. Touch screen keyboards are a terrible idea.

Gavin Howard
Gavin Howard

Where'd my post number go?

Nathaniel Taylor
Nathaniel Taylor

But trackpoints are sadly hardly ever used anymore.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page